Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Near the end, seeing Pirlo try to keep up with Osorio (who is not exactly our fastest guy) was hilarious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm looking forward to hearing Chevy6969's thoughts on this game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    You do know that MLS (League) ) had zero pull in the finalists. The decision came from the players, coachs and media members...
    You do know that the DP rule, 2nd Dp layer, 2nd DP and 4th or whatever LA had was MLS catering to LAG to make them as strong as possible right?
    The league office is US centric which influences the pay you see on the field.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lennon View Post
    I'm looking forward to hearing Chevy6969's thoughts on this game.
    You'll only hear from him if we have a losing streak or lose like NYCFC did.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's leave that one alone. We have plenty to be happy about here.

Not only is this our most successful season to date but the future also looks bright. We legit have too many talented players to fit on a game day 18. Chapman can't even make the bench and he was playing damn well prior to injury.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, just wow!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dare I say the game was kind of boring after the 4th goal? Happy, but boring.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm most impressed with how Vanney meticulously prepared for this match, even having the squad practice on an artificially narrowed pitch.

He even made a 3-5-2 work at Yankee Stadium, which was most impressive. The players knew how to play their formation in that situation, which speaks to coaching.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was awesome, but the job is not complete.

MLS Cup of bust!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was so bad, it actually kinda made me feel bad for NY's fans. Their players barely played for pride, let alone to win. Maybe they were shellshocked or something after that start.

At any rate, what can you even say about our performance? Tactically superb, brilliant stuff. Are we playing the best football in the league at the moment? It sure feels like it.
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Feel bad for NYC's fans, Shakes? Please. That over-entitled team got the spanking it deserves. They'll just have to suck it up and live with it.

From Riches to Bitches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What an unreal game. After years and years of disappointment and embarrassment to make it to where we are now... I'm speechless. That was by far the most satisfying win I have ever watched. Kudos to the road warriors that made the trip to the bronx. It was great to hear you all game especially doing the slow clap. This team is very special and capable of very special things. It's a shame the Montreal away is on a Tuesday, I can't make the trip down for it. I just got my tickets and until the 28th of November I am going to be one of Seattles biggest fans. Lets finish what we started and send the Limpdicks back up the St. Lawrence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boban View Post
    You do know that the DP rule, 2nd Dp layer, 2nd DP and 4th or whatever LA had was MLS catering to LAG to make them as strong as possible right?
    The league office is US centric which influences the pay you see on the field.
    I am quite aware of the Beckham rule/s, but I'm not too sure I understand your reference to my post?

My post was about who selected the MVP finalists, which none are from LAG, seems like you have a deep hated and dissent for the LAG... No need to hate on the LAG for creative accounting by Bez from when he was with the League..

But I guess if I stretch real far, I can connect how the price of tea in China has relevance on voting for the MLS Most Valuable Player award.

Anyways I'm going to revel in this most important win in franchise history and purchase my tickets for the Conference finals (maybe that will help impact the winner of the MVP award too!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    I am quite aware of the Beckham rule/s, but I'm not too sure I understand your reference to my post?

My post was about who selected the MVP finalists, which none are from LAG, seems like you have a deep hated and dissent for the LAG... No need to hate on the LAG for creative accounting by Bez from when he was with the League..

But I guess if I stretch real far, I can connect how the price of tea in China has relevance on voting for the MLS Most Valuable Player award.

Anyways I'm going to revel in this most important win in franchise history and purchase my tickets for the Conference finals (maybe that will help impact the winner of the MVP award too!)
    Wrong quoted quoted .. it was late lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW we are the lead article on TSN's website this morning

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just woke up, did I dream something, still can't believe it. That was one impressive performance right out of the gate. Getting that first goal early key, opened the floodgates. That was an all out performance, I will never forget.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Almost speechless this morning. Talk about total and utter domination. Thought the local TFC support was awesome, you could clearly hear you guys all game in what seemed like an otherwise quiet stadium. I especially liked when the tweet went out that read "NYCFC fans started to leave, at which time TFC supporters where chanting IS THERE A FIRE DRILL?" Absolutely hilarious....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tfc and impact got first 9 minutes starting off the show on sportsnet ontario. Full highlights and commentary afterwards for both games.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a moment, happiness all around, together for the Reds !!

Last edited by Red CB Toronto; 11-07-2016 at 08:54 AM.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boban View Post
    Wrong quoted quoted .. it was late lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blindside16 View Post
    FWIW we are the lead article on TSN's website this morning
    It's about freaking time.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why not, thank you Tim for putting the Reds in the position they are today. Without his vision, who knows where TFC would be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This shit just got real, GO TFC !!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DeRo2015 View Post
    Almost speechless this morning. Talk about total and utter domination. Thought the local TFC support was awesome, you could clearly hear you guys all game in what seemed like an otherwise quiet stadium. I especially liked when the tweet went out that read "NYCFC fans started to leave, at which time TFC supporters where chanting IS THERE A FIRE DRILL?" Absolutely hilarious....
    In England we used to sing "weeee, can see u sneaking out, weee can see eee u sneaking out" Lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

question, were we that good

or did the keeper suck, really bad.

he seemed to move only after the ball was in the net

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Why not, thank you Tim for putting the Reds in the position they are today. Without his vision, who knows where TFC would be.
    ditto

Thanks TIM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    It's about freaking time.
    but then news out lets like that dork McArthur on global dismiss the best played game in recent Toronto sports history,....."i dont follow soccer much".....then goes on a rant of how silly NYCFC sounds.

i dont get the need to put down the sport like that. its border line soccerphobia

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    ditto

Thanks TIM
    And I'd like to thank tim90 for getting us through all the dark times.
    Hes dedercasion has media guide is for is mls game better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    but then news out lets like that dork McArthur on global dismiss the best played game in recent Toronto sports history,....."i dont follow soccer much".....then goes on a rant of how silly NYCFC sounds.

i dont get the need to put down the sport like that. its border line soccerphobia
    Fortunately, that sentiment exists among only a few pundits now, and their opinions are out of touch with the community in this city.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its funny how most of the talk about this series is about how NYCFC players gave up and issues with their manager. How about the fact that our team was in some kind of contention for the supporters cup and if not for the fact that we lost our best player on the trot in to the end of the season and slumped a bit - we would have easily been in 2nd or even 1st in the east?

Montreal dismantles NYRB and the media talk about how good Montreal's game plan was. We thump a team that has the most goals scored and the talk is shifted to them being pissy?

We are that good right now, Vanney has this team performing. Good job TFC, keep that underdog role.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil