Thread: Iceland clap

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Iceland clap

I've been at the Fields since day one and followed the RPB's since inception. Absolutely phenomenonal job by everyone. I have nothing but respect for the lot. if allowed I would like the Icelandic chant to take a spin towards tfc. When the first drum sounds, we yell "T" second drum "F" third drum " C". And so on..continue the pattern.. This way, it makes it our own...thoughts?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EL DUQUE'----' View Post
    I've been at the Fields since day one and followed the RPB's since inception. Absolutely phenomenonal job by everyone. I have nothing but respect for the lot. if allowed I would like the Icelandic chant to take a spin towards tfc. When the first drum sounds, we yell "T" second drum "F" third drum " C". And so on..continue the pattern.. This way, it makes it our own...thoughts?
    We just got rest of the stadium participating,trying to change anything this late in the season would fail.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great suggestion. FYI: we don't call it the Iceland Clap; it's been done by many clubs way before Iceland... heck we have always done it before... they just made it Pop so the whole world knows!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really like this suggestion. That being said, it is a little late to change it up with all the social media presentations and force of habit.

Might be something to consider for the start of next season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Viking clap!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Related question...
    Why did we change the timing to the clap? It's much faster off the start and doesn't have the same bone chilling build up.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GhostKiller View Post
    Related question...
    Why did we change the timing to the clap? It's much faster off the start and doesn't have the same bone chilling build up.
    Now rest of the stadium picks up faster and therefore no need to have 20 seconds between two claps as we did before.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BelfastBoy View Post
    Viking clap!
    Slow clap

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Related question...
    Yeah, its not helping us in the West stand to get into it.

To the OP - no need to change what is working. Nobody is bored with this. Its a grand thing and the whole of the stadium is getting into this and through that into the other chants the south leads.

The clap has become part of the enjoyment for the whole stadium and this will only pick up from here. Its getting people going in the stadium and drawing people to games. The clap has now become TFC tradition and the whole of the stadium is joining in. People there this year will be able to say in 20 years, "I was at BMO the year the clap tradition took off."

Changing it up is beyond a bad idea.

Keep it simple. Keep the feeling going. The whole stadium is bouncing now, with the West starting to take up other chants as well. Keep that growth going and BMO will become a lock tight fortress full of noise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Yeah, it's not helping us in the West stand to get into it.

To the OP - no need to change what is working. Nobody is bored with this. Its a grand thing and the whole of the stadium is getting into this and through that into the other chants the south leads.

The clap has become part of the enjoyment for the whole stadium and this will only pick up from here. Its getting people going in the stadium and drawing people to games. The clap has now become TFC tradition and the whole of the stadium is joining in. People there this year will be able to say in 20 years, "I was at BMO the year the clap tradition took off."

Keep it simple. Keep the feeling going. The whole stadium is bouncing now, with the West starting to take up other chants as well. Keep that growth going and BMO will become a lock tight fortress full of noise.
    QFT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, its not helping us in the West stand to get into it.

Certified truth!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    Now rest of the stadium picks up faster and therefore no need to have 20 seconds between two claps as we did before.
    Here are my thoughts.
    The slower version has emotion. The long eery silence thats sliced open by the thunderous clap sends chills down the spine. It's long and purposeful enough that it almost dares you to join it. The slow build up, knowing where its going but not rushing, draws everyone in the stadium in. The reward for your patience comes when you get to go nuts when the end comes crashing in.
    The slower version is fast enough that you can sit it out and feels less emotional and sharp. In my section at least it's more scattered. It still sounds dope but personally I pref the original way.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    Quite the opposite.

Most of the stadium doesn't know its going on until the 3rd clap happens.

Go back to the old way. No really good reason to do this faster, truth be told.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Before they were a little too slow. Now they are way too fast. Need to find a middle ground. I think I'd still rather have slow than too fast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since I am unable to attend many games I watch most games on the tele.
    The slow buildup always looked perfect and more people in my opinion caught on and the whole stadium would have it down. That being said this sped up version really doesn't have the same impact.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    Before they were a little too slow. Now they are way too fast. Need to find a middle ground. I think I'd still rather have slow than too fast.
    This! Plus for tomorrow's game, anyone not in the supporters section should stand up for the clap. This will get the casuals of casuals to get involve with the chant.

Before the clap, the south stand could maybe chant "westside/eastside stand up", then immediately transitioning to everyone putting their hands up, this will catch everyone's attention, no one will sit back down. It's hard, but I think it's going to be possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    Great suggestion. FYI: we don't call it the Iceland Clap; it's been done by many clubs way before Iceland... heck we have always done it before... they just made it Pop so the whole world knows!
    PAOK has been doing this for years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWDTXjSEdl4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously, what's the hurry?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    PAOK has been doing this for years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWDTXjSEdl4
    Thank you! I've been saying this all year. Though I'm sure they aren't the first ones to have done it, when I went to heir games 6 years ago all 30000 fans did it. And without the random goofballs trying to throw off the crowd by stomping on the ground in between claps. I think Iceland gets all the credit because

a) they were the surprise story at the euro and the media focused on everything around them (good on them).

b) north American media hardly focuses on what supporters do aside from liverpool's you'll never walk alone. I mean our locall media doesn't even know we'very been doing this for years

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here are my thoughts.
    The slower version has emotion. The long eery silence thats sliced open by the thunderous clap sends chills down the spine. It's long and purposeful enough that it almost dares you to join it. The slow build up, knowing where its going but not rushing, draws everyone in the stadium in. The reward for your patience comes when you get to go nuts when the end comes crashing in.
    The slower version is fast enough that you can sit it out and feels less emotional and sharp. In my section at least it's more scattered. It still sounds dope but personally I pref the original way.
    Quite the opposite.

Most of the stadium doesn't know its going on until the 3rd clap happens.

Go back to the old way. No really good reason to do this faster, truth be told.

Totally agree with both you guys.

The slower version was WAY better on TV to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PAOK17 View Post
    Thank you! I've been saying this all year. Though I'm sure they aren't the first ones to have done it, when I went to heir games 6 years ago all 30000 fans did it. And without the random goofballs trying to throw off the crowd by stomping on the ground in between claps. I think Iceland gets all the credit because

a) they were the surprise story at the euro and the media focused on everything around them (good on them).

b) north American media hardly focuses on what supporters do aside from liverpool's you'll never walk alone. I mean our locall media doesn't even know we'very been doing this for years
    Liverpool stole YNWA from Celtic... I love this one from WBA

https://www.facebook.com/soccermemes/videos/1330239887034923/
    Last edited by Hamilton_Red; 10-29-2016 at 11:30 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't mind it being called the 'Iceland Clap'

What bothers me is when people call it 'The Viking Clap' and come up with stories about how it's some Viking War Chant.

That said, Support however you want, from home, from your seat or singing in the South End.
    WE DID IT!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We did it long, long before Iceland popularized it. We have recently changed how we do it though by copying using a drum now to coordinate the claps... so Iceland deserves the credit for that.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep, there is just not one right or wrong way to support. It all about what you like, enjoy, feel comfortable with. But there is no doubt the clap has worked in a simple manner to involve the entire stadium, which is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Abou Sky View Post
    I don't mind it being called the 'Iceland Clap'

What bothers me is when people call it 'The Viking Clap' and come up with stories about how it's some Viking War Chant.

That said, Support however you want, from home, from your seat or singing in the South End.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good dialogue on " the clap " lol....do you think if all the capos used their megaphones to tell the south end to say the letters after each drum beat that would catch on. It ain't that hard and it does lead to the TFC chant right after. Perfect segway.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry but your idea is neither needed nor useful.

Any response to my concerns?

I'll be back on here in a few hours.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's OK, ideas are just that, ideas. Off to the stadium

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dude. This reponse isnt needed or useful.

Tone it down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is a nice idea actually but it won't catch on is my guess