Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nyc away

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    So I am in NY on business and missing our home game this Sunday then flying back a day before TFC game in NY. Timing almost worked...too bad.
    fly through Laguardia,

ur certain to have your flight canceled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    I signed up after 9 years specifically to coordinate on away trips and I was completely up front about it, so I wouldn't worry too much about that.

If you can't get in on the tickets RPB buys, your best bet is to contact the away team FO directly and ask for tickets in the away section. It's a bit of extra leg work, but never fails. Oh, and the people saying "you should get your membership" should know that memberships are only processed at the beginning of the year, so you're not helping

I'd Love to join a bus Trip yet I'm not a full RPB member.....any help is appreciated...I will pay the $25 back in beer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stimpy View Post
    I'd Love to join a bus Trip yet I'm not a full RPB member.....any help is appreciated...I will pay the $25 back in beer
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think they do full organized trips anymore after someone from TICO (tourism regulator) lost their shit about RPB operating as an unlicensed travel agent... or some stupid shit like that. Anyway, I think we're all just going in on ticket and then finding our own rides and accommodation. I'm sure if you put yourself out there, a ride share can be organized. Personally I'll be looking for a cheap flight out of YYZ or Buffalo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For anybody still looking for tickets:

I contacted Gino (Geno.DiMillo@nycfc.com) this morning. He said they are collecting all the individual (smaller) requests and will provide a purchase link to everyone at the end of the day (today).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think they do full organized trips anymore after someone from TICO (tourism regulator) lost their shit about RPB operating as an unlicensed travel agent... or some stupid shit like that. Anyway, I think we're all just going in on ticket and then finding our own rides and accommodation. I'm sure if you put yourself out there, a ride share can be organized. Personally I'll be looking for a cheap flight out of YYZ or Buffalo.
    Not sure about the past but we tried to do a bus trip earlier this year by using a service called rally bus. It actually seems like a great service, we just need 25+ people to use it. no money has to change hands with RPB, its just you and the service, kind of like a ride sharing thing. I'd love to use it but we need the numbers. We should try and do it for start of season next year if we are away and heavily promote it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would 100 percent go to the game in New York if there was a bus that was leaving Sunday morning and arriving in Toronto early Monday (aka leaves back home right after the game). I know of about 5 or 6 others that have the mind frame. Is there no bus going? If there isn't, that's very shocking.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have never been a part of the Travel Team but it's a lot of work! Also waaaay too many unknown variables for this NYC trip with a such a short time frame to plan. As I said before I have helped fill 1/2 a bus in the past but that's with 2 weeks notice.

I would love it if there was a bus but it's not going to happen... I suggest folks drive down or fly down any which way just get down there!

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    I would 100 percent go to the game in New York if there was a bus that was leaving Sunday morning and arriving in Toronto early Monday (aka leaves back home right after the game). I know of about 5 or 6 others that have the mind frame. Is there no bus going? If there isn't, that's very shocking.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Flags?
    Banners?
    Drums?

Dows anyone know if we have the go ahead to bring the above?!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FYI: counting our RPB numbers going down and forecasting the other groups... we will be at least 100 strong! This is going to be amazing!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there a carpool thread yet?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I need 2 tickets in New York. Please let me know how I can get 2 from the group.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abou Sky View Post
    Is there a carpool thread yet?
    Here is a link to the carpool thread, no drivers have posted yet: http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showth...ame-Nov-6-2016

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Greyhound is doing it for around $135 all in btw, if you can sleep on busses it's great deal (overnight out Fri arrive Sat, overnight back Sun arrive Mon 10am)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How mANY POEPLE ARE TRAVELLING TO NY

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GuelphStorm2007 View Post
    How mANY POEPLE ARE TRAVELLING TO NY
    We have approx 50 Red Patch Boys travelling.... and with the other supporter groups we should have a contingent over 100!!!!

We need more! We need over 100 strong supporters chanting!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello Everyone,

Me and a friend will be flying into New York on Saturday and leaving early Monday morning. Anyone else going to be there Saturday night? What are you doing for accomodations? Is there going to be any meet ups anywhere? Looking potentially to share a place if possible. Thoughts?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canuckistan View Post
    Hello Everyone,

Me and a friend will be flying into New York on Saturday and leaving early Monday morning. Anyone else going to be there Saturday night? What are you doing for accomodations? Is there going to be any meet ups anywhere? Looking potentially to share a place if possible. Thoughts?

Many of us are going! Stay connected via twitter... For those who are not members and can't see
    The boards, we are currently narrowing our pre/post pubs. Again I would recommend staying connected via RPB twitter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4 of us driving down Saturday, coming back straight after the game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We would be interested in two seats. And tickets if available. I am not a RPB member.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rubencito View Post
    We would be interested in two seats. And tickets if available. I am not a RPB member.
    There is a car pool thread!
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    Many of us are going! Stay connected via twitter... For those who are not members and can't see
    The boards, we are currently narrowing our pre/post pubs. Again I would recommend staying connected via RPB twitter
    Football factory is saying it is a pregame meetup. Is this correct?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    We (U-Sector) and Kings of the North are meeting up there. You are all more than welcome to join us if you haven't arranged another location yet. The owner isn't very fond of NYCFC and was absolutely thrilled with the idea of hosting us. The bar is great, and is all footy all the time. Here is my Facebook event page.

https://www.facebook.com/events/358729881127538/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    I have never been a part of the Travel Team but it's a lot of work! Also waaaay too many unknown variables for this NYC trip with a such a short time frame to plan. As I said before I have helped fill 1/2 a bus in the past but that's with 2 weeks notice.

I would love it if there was a bus but it's not going to happen... I suggest folks drive down or fly down any which way just get down there!
    I hate being the scenario guy but, if us and the red bull play against each other in the conference, will there be a bus organized to the game in New York? There will be over 2 weeks to organize.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brucey View Post
    We (U-Sector) and Kings of the North are meeting up there. You are all more than welcome to join us if you haven't arranged another location yet. The owner isn't very fond of NYCFC and was absolutely thrilled with the idea of hosting us. The bar is great, and is all footy all the time. Here is my Facebook event page.

https://www.facebook.com/events/358729881127538/
    Just saw the tweet invite by the owner... That bar it will be. All Sails pointing there... also love the hashtag #NYisRed

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    That's it... Info posted on his twitter

https://twitter.com/ffactoryjack/status/793973853542301696

2pm... We will be heading there! Boom!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate being the scenario guy but, if us and the red bull play against each other in the conference, will there be a bus organized to the game in New York? There will be over 2 weeks to organize.
    I would suggest asking U-Sector on their site if that occurs. We've joined with them in the past. http://www.usector.ca

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help me here Bruce. We are going to Legends on 33 Rd? Can you post the address and subway stop etc separately from the Facebook link?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm confused. There's a place called Football Factory on W 25th and a place called Legends on W 33rd. I think you're saying the place on W 33rd, but worth clarifying for everyone.

And leaving the bar at 5 pm to head to the game all together? Can transit tickets be easily purchased on the sport or should one buy in advance? Sorry for the questions, but I'm bringing the whole family down and don't know New York well, so need to plan out the logistics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmacd View Post
    I'm confused. There's a place called Football Factory on W 25th and a place called Legends on W 33rd. I think you're saying the place on W 33rd, but worth clarifying for everyone.
    We will be at ‘Football Factory at Legends’- Which to avoid confusion is the downstairs area of Legends sports bar. It is all footy all the time down there. IT IS THE ONE ON 33rd ST.

It is a short 30 minute subway ride to Yankee Stadium and is right across from the Empire State Building. Subway costs $3 and you can buy tickets from a vending machine at the station.

http://www.legendsff.com

6 W. 33rd Street
    New York, NY 10001
    T: (212) 967-7792

(I will be there at 11:30 for Leicester/West Brom)

If you have any questions, let me know. Safe travels, and see you in NYC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sweet. See you all at Football Factory! Can't wait!