Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by haroldp View Post
    The TSN website is indicating that TSN1 and TSN4 will have not only the TFC game, but also Mtl vs NYRB at 4pm (CFL Stamps vs Alouettes is at 1pm so will join in progress), LAG v Rapids at 5pm and TFC vs NYFC at 7pm. TSN2 carries Seattle v FC Dallas. So TSN will have majority of the MLS games on the main network.
    That being the case, they've changed the schedule. Earlier NFL was on TSN4 on Sunday night and the Toronto game on TSN2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PAOK17 View Post
    Phew that's a relief or I might have been in trouble with a colleague at work. He's a general sports fan who though may be a little interested in TFC, won't go out of his way to watch them. Anyway, he knows I am a huge fan and so on Thursday he came by to ask me why on Earth he couldn't watch the last playoff game on TV? I explained to him about how it was put on TSN 2 and his reaction was just as we have been saying: How are they going to grow the fan interest if they keep putting it on obscure channels??? He said how he didn't care for the Raptor opener or the World Series game that night. He wanted to watch TFC! He's not going to miss the NYFC game.
    My dad -- a European soccer diehard, born there etc. -- has come around to MLS big time. He doesn't have a "digital" box so gets right pissed off when I tell him the Toronto game is not on any of his channels. And starts cursing baseball, football, hockey, curling and whatever the hell else seems to trump soccer......haha.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By my count less than 100 tickets left now. The game should sell out today. Only 893 available on stubhub. Wow. The stadium should be packed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's going to be freaking insanity tomorrow! I'm bringing one or two (if I can find the third) extra flags if someone from say rows 10 - 20 in sec.112 wants one for the game. It always looks bare higher up. Come see me in row 18 seat 3.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer;[URL="tel:1817004"
    1817004[/URL]]By my count less than 100 tickets left now. The game should sell out today. Only 893 available on stubhub. Wow. The stadium should be packed.
    It is going to be amazing, the momentum of Wednesday night including a front page cover on one of our daily newspaper allowed this to happen. It has helped create buzz that is making people want to be there. This is really getting a big event vibe.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The CN Tower once again is getting in on TFC fever tomorrow !!

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    They built the house on Lakeshore for the Reds...Sunday can't come soon enough !!! While it would be warmer at 3 pm, looking forward to the 7 pm start under the lights. Pretty sure it won't be as friendly as this once the whistle blows.

Great picture, nice to see these two great Italians together. I predict both will compete for MOTM tomorrow. I think it would be insane for TFC to play with 3 defenders with Pirlo on the pitch. He can distribute the ball like nobody else in this league, given the room and space. TFC needs to play a very conservative formation, and try for counter attacks.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NYCFC basically plays with a 3-6-1. They play out of the back and then through that midfield. If we play a diamond, they will clog up that midfield and then kill us out wide. I suspect its back to 3-5-2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't count the stub hub tickets as "yet to be sold" I can tell you almost all of those people are going if they can't turn a buck on their seats.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't expect any changes to our starting lineup for this. Vanney probably will stick to the same 11 he used vs. Philly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^
    With Cooper (for Delgado) and Ricketts (for Altidore) subbed in most likely (assuming that lineup is correct).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I have a 1am bus to catch after the game, and I have a duffel bag with my stuff in it that I'll need to bring with me (just clothes and a laptop). Does anybody know how likely it is I'll get let in to BMO with it?

Otherwise, anybody know of somewhere downtown I could leave my bag during the game?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think there are lockers at the Toronto Coach Terminal.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still a handful unsold, but very close to sellout. The place will be packed!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this match going to be TSN2 again?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BelfastBoy View Post
    Is this match going to be TSN2 again?
    According the TSN's website its going to be on the main TSN, channels 1 & 4.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    According the TSN's website its going to be on the main TSN, channels 1 & 4.
    I hope so, thought I was going to be subjected to NFL hoopla.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BelfastBoy View Post
    I hope so, thought I was going to be subjected to NFL hoopla.
    Nope that is being shown on the main network too but on TSN 3. The last MLS playoff game of the day Seattle vs. Dallas is being shown on TSN2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by RealG-TFC View Post
    I think there are lockers at the Toronto Coach Terminal.
    Almost sold out - About 100 tickets left - They should be gone by tomorrow I would think. About 700 on third party sites like Stub Hub. Not sure how many in the hands of scalpers.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OTDude82 View Post
    Almost sold out - About 100 tickets left - They should be gone by tomorrow I would think. About 700 on third party sites like Stub Hub. Not sure how many in the hands of scalpers.
    At that number would not be expecting much speculation going on with Stubhub listings. Those tickets will likely be used if they can not sell them outside of just not being able to go.
    Last edited by Red CB Toronto; 10-29-2016 at 05:07 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its been awile...cant wait to see the reds in my first playoff off game....but most importantly see alot of old faces that I met over the years here at rpb that i hav'nt seen a very long time..

Dont be surprised if I dont start the Please dont take me home chant at Joes tomorrow at some point...lol hope you all join in!!

Or the famous

We'll be coming
    We'll be coming

We'll be coming down the road
    When you hear this noise of the redpatchboys..

We'll be coming down the road!!

Cheers!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not clear to me what level of fitness Will Johnson is at. I would consider playing him in place of Cooper tomorrow as I think he offers more defensively & would give Pirlo/Lampard a miserable time. The highest priority tomorrow is a clean sheet (away goals rule is in play right?).

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    It's not clear to me what level of fitness Will Johnson is at. I would consider playing him in place of Cooper tomorrow as I think he offers more defensively & would give Pirlo/Lampard a miserable time. The highest priority tomorrow is a clean sheet (away goals rule is in play right?).
    Yup:
    http://www.mlssoccer.com/mls-cup-pla...at-tiebreakers

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No need to go to the game tomorrow, apparently we already won 3-1.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    I felt that Johnson was almost invisible when he came on Wednesday. I assume he's not fully fit. I think that Cooper can do more to maintain possession. He can also be a PITA if so instructed.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I felt that Johnson was almost invisible when he came on Wednesday. I assume he's not fully fit. I think that Cooper can do more to maintain possession. He can also be a PITA if so instructed.
    Is that falafel or shawarma?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    Is that falafel or shawarma?
    Pain in the ass, harassing Pirlo & Lampard if needed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any idea why those tickets in the north end are so pricey 236 bucks?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GAME DAY!!!! I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight

Everyone should do their part today, chant your loudest, start chants, bring the atmosphere, doesn't matter even if you're not in the supporters section. This team feeds off the atmosphere, we need to show them what the city could do when they need us the most.

If you're here reading this thread, you're already a true supporter, do you part and bring the noise! All together.....All for One