Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KGH View Post
    There are 4 time slots scheduled for sunday...3, 5, 7, 9:30. The 7 & 9:30 have to be for the west coast teams so that means it'll be 3pm or 5pm and my guess is 3PM. ESPN is going to want NYRB v DC as the later game.

ACTUALLY...there is some speculation we might have the 7 o'clock game. The league and the networks are planning to work around NFL games. Dallas Cowboys play Sunday night. So Dallas is likely to be the 5 o'clock game.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    How satisfying was it to you to set up this thread?
    LOL....very

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't heard from any big stations or websites but soccerway.com shows the game starting at 17:00...with kick-off being at 18:00. I see what you guys means with the TV schedules conflicting...its all about the business

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This week suddenly became very long.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    ACTUALLY...there is some speculation we might have the 7 o'clock game. The league and the networks are planning to work around NFL games. Dallas Cowboys play Sunday night. So Dallas is likely to be the 5 o'clock game.
    Makes sense.

the game with NYRB and NYCFC are probably the 5 and 7 games respectively (after the Jets and Bills finish their game at 1pm).

Dallas' game would probably be the 3pm start (to avoid the Cowboys Sunday night game)

Then LA and Rapids will be on at 9:30pm (the Rams are on the bye this week).

** Looking ahead to next weeks' NFL schedule, the return legs should be in the same order (maybe switching the two Western conference matches, presuming the scheduling around local NFL games).
    Last edited by Cas87; 10-27-2016 at 02:39 PM.
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah i always assumed east, west , east, west.

Especially since the first west could be central time zone. So 4pm local.

We shall see.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ Dallas would be better in the 3pm Eastern Slot (2pm local), gives more of a buffer for the Cowboys (especially since they are good this year).
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Question!!!!

I am coming to the game on Sunday and bringing my daughter. I am sitting in section 108 and am wondering if there is any place for me to take her inside a team gear shop or restaurant to warm up? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thankfully it's supposed to be 10-ish on Sunday, so not that bad. There are heaters in the washrooms, can't think of any particular indoors place otherwise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mwguglzn View Post
    I am coming to the game on Sunday and bringing my daughter. I am sitting in section 108 and am wondering if there is any place for me to take her inside a team gear shop or restaurant to warm up? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
    The bathroom! Haha, as weird as that sounds they have serious heaters in some of those.

Team shop in the SE end is usually quite busy. Maybe see if you can get into the BMO Club on the east side? Not sure what you need to get in there.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mwguglzn View Post
    I found the entrance to the Food Building (where there are washrooms) to be pretty warm last night. You can stay in the bottom/lobby area w/o going up to the washrooms.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    Yes, if any play whom received a yellow last night gets another one in the next three games, is suspended for the following match in which a yellow card is given.
    Damn. Thought it was just for back to back games receiving a yellow then you get a suspension.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As much fun as a 3-1 win was, I rather win 1-0 in this home game. We can score at Yankee Stadium.
    I wouldn't mind seeing Bradley glued to Lampard to prevent those late run goals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, if any play whom received a yellow last night gets another one in the next three games, is suspended for the following match in which a yellow card is given.
    Hardly seems fair when we have to play one more game than NYFC. But who said life was fair? I know.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ben Olsen slightly ticked at having to do a half time interview.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you recieve a second yellow in the conference final second leg...you will be still eligible for the MLS final...this is the only exception.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Ben Olsen slightly ticked at having to do a half time interview.

Completely inane, I would be ticked too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone one know when they are going to tell us what time the game is on Sunday?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Soon as the games are done tonight, I think. Larson said he's pretty sure we're getting the 7 oclock timeslot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even though the crowd wasn't even close to a sell out last night, it felt like it was one of the loudest matches I had been to. Probably true that all 22,000 were die hards. No casuals. Even though we haven't gotten much additional attention, the little we did get today on mainstream media seemed to be positive. We have a chance here to gain more supporters. My favourite was how on Overdrive on TSN 1050 they were praising our atmosphere and asking if they Leafs could "steal" our support to put in the ACC.

This round is a big opportunity to grow our exposure. The media will eventually have to take notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PAOK17 View Post
    Even though the crowd wasn't even close to a sell out last night, it felt like it was one of the loudest matches I had been to. Probably true that all 22,000 were die hards. No casuals. Even though we haven't gotten much additional attention, the little we did get today on mainstream media seemed to be positive. We have a chance here to gain more supporters. My favourite was how on Overdrive on TSN 1050 they were praising our atmosphere and asking if they Leafs could "steal" our support to put in the ACC.

This round is a big opportunity to grow our exposure. The media will eventually have to take notice.

Just checked Ticketmaster Compared to this morning Tickets are moving very fast today. Not much left - even on the upper east stand. This should be close to a sellout. Stub hub has about 1000 tickets - so so overall not much left.

Cant wait.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

having been transferred earlier this year and after 10 years I missed the first playoff game at home. I will be damned if I'm missing the second. Just dropped 1300 on a flight and three for some tickets. Flying in and out for this one! Thank you for having this board! It's what keeps me from going crazy living in CFL land.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PAOK17 View Post

That game was the best game I have ever attended at BMO. South end was really loud, rarely anyone was leaving before the end of the game and the majority of the stadium was jumping and singing after Jozy's goal. Seba banging the drum with the fans doing the slow clap was amazing as well. Let's hope we have the same atmosphere on Sunday. I already have my tickets in 114 and am ready to show the boys my support.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whitbyreds View Post
    having been transferred earlier this year and after 10 years I missed the first playoff game at home. I will be damned if I'm missing the second. Just dropped 1300 on a flight and three for some tickets. Flying in and out for this one! Thank you for having this board! It's what keeps me from going crazy living in CFL land.
    Holy crap...mad respect! Will cheer extra loud for you! It must be so fun to wear TFC gear in Regina, bet it'll elicit many conversations

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

7 PM kickoff on Sunday, giving the Reds the Prime Time stage !!!

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As predicted --- 7:00pm it is....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mistercorporate View Post
    Holy crap...mad respect! Will cheer extra loud for you! It must be so fun to wear TFC gear in Regina, bet it'll elicit many conversations
    They do ask some questions. Many are unaware of the support we have back home. I literally have to leave the game and rush to the airport with the 7 start. Big meetings Monday morning but it's sooooooo worth it. It's getting stupid expensive to see them. This is my 5th trip back this year

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

outstanding.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, mucho respect - now I feel chastened by my complaints about the trudge from The Beach.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by backbeat View Post
    Wow, mucho respect - now I feel chastened by my complaints about the trudge from The Beach.....
    I remember a time that I complained about the subway to street car trip from north York......man I wish I could take it back lol!!