0 Thread(s)

Is this really happening?

RPB Member
    Banners Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The first goal was brilliant...the second brought me to tears...ten seasons of games nothing could touch the feeling tonight! Props to all the capos tonight...you made the stadium sing...dance...sebastian giovinco free kick chant made I to the North end i'm sure!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InDa_110 View Post
    Is this really happening?
    I'm so excited! That was one of the best games I have watched! 10yrs in the making! Going to NYC! With 2 Goals in the bag!!
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shwade View Post
    Ricketts is a beast but a large part of his advantage is his speed coming on against tired legs. I think he's best as a super sub and he's been sublime so far.
    You're bang on... Super sub vs tired legs!!
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    I remember earlier in the season when it seemed like Altidore couldn't buy a goal, and now he's always there to either clean up, or make a play for someone else.
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ugly ugly game but we got the result we needed. Bradley was immense. Altidore with some great holdup play and a well-deserved goal. Now to finish the job in NYC.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doyle makes a good point here http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/1...shut-down-rbny

NYCFC played that game to tie and hope for a 1-0 win.

They will not play the same next time around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow.

that was a game for the ages. there have been a few and i have been lucky enough to be there in person for some of them, but that one might have been the best yet. As good as toronto was playing in that second half and for all the pressure they piled on, i didn't know if they had it in them to take the game... but when Jozy hit the back of the net.... what a great moment. And then Ricketts adding to the score. What a boss player he has turned out to be.

I don't have much to add other than i thought NYC played dirty. the constant fouling must have been frustrating to play through. That was a tough game to officiate. I thought the ref did a pretty good job for the most part. There was a debatable penalty on Jozy when he was brought down on the cross... but i also thought Cooper was making too much out of the whole Villa incident and matchup. Yeah NYC were quite the douchey team tonight. They deserve to be down two.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BRILLIANT!!!

TWO GOALS WITH A CLEAN SHEET!!! WE ARE SO READY FOR THE NEXT STAGE!!! IF IT'S THE LIMPACT, EVEN BETTER!!!

TFC!!!

TFC!!!

TFC!!!
    Last edited by Redcoe15; 10-30-2016 at 09:53 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Halloween came early for NY this year ehh !!

Hopefully we go scare the shit out of them next week for Halloween2

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just back. Wow.

1) We should have had 5, and may rue that. Moor came as close as you can come without scoring. They actually had Seba under control, and everyone had the yips in the final third, until Ricketts came on.
    2) Michael Bradley had his most dominant game as a Red. Our midfield was incredibly dominant. A flawless high press.
    3) It was a dirty game. Cooper has an edge and got under their skin, but they had 3 or 4 guys gooning it up repeatedly. Petruscu really didn't have control of the game
    4) More specifically on the reffing: does anyone think that Altidore getting tackled in the box wasn't a penalty? Man was I fuming. The foul call early in the second half on Altidore looked marginal. Also, should Lopez have received red for that two footed tackle at midfield midway through the second half?
    6) The Ricketts sub changed the game. Going 3-4-3 was a high octane gamble that worked.
    Last edited by ensco; 10-30-2016 at 09:58 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by General Woolfe View Post
    What a performance from the lads!!!

They didn't panic and stuck to their task and a two goal lead is the least they deserved. NYCFC were never in that game at all, although it must be said they did have a couple of breakaways that came dangerously close. The job isn't done yet and we will need another big performance next week if we are to advance, but lets be honest, most of us would have bitten your hand off had you offered a two goal win before KO.

Excellent night all round (perhaps only Seba had an off night) however Bradley was an absolute beast tonight, that was a captains performance if ever there was one...

Well done TFC!!!

I thought Seba was spectacular! How many yellow cards did he draw? NYC defence were really bothered by him! I just wished he would have realized how windy it was... Our flags were flying high with the wind, and His two free kicks both went over easily!

Still in cloud 9
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lopez should have seen red as should Villa for this

Neither will be suspended.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tonight is what being a football fan is all about. Fantastic night!

For all his criticism over the years, Altidore is an utter BEAST! He's unplayable sometimes and his hold up play at the moment is making everything happen around him.

I shed a tear when Tosaint scored, what a moment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think they became too open after the first goal. 1-0 was a manageable result for NYCFC.

They got too eager to counter and we pounced on it. Flawless tactical performance I must say.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Lopez should have seen red as should Villa for this

Neither will be suspended.
    It's embarrassing for the league that they don't have the guts to apply the rules for what is clearly a violent conduct red.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great night in the history of my experience with this club. WOW! I see us going into the final of the eastern conference, but why stop there? We are easily, in my humble opinion, the best team in the league. Now I think we should go for it - and with complete confidence in ourselves!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    Great night in the history of my experience with this club. WOW! I see us going into the final of the eastern conference, but why stop there? We are easily, in my humble opinion, the best team in the league. Now I think we should go for it - and with complete confidence in ourselves!

Bestmidfieldperformanceoftheseasonsorrymyspacebard oesn'tworkherenowforsomereason.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    It's embarrassing for the league that they don't have the guts to apply the rules for what is clearly a violent conduct red.
    Last thing we wanted was them to go down to 10 men

This may be the best way if the league look at it and ban him from the return leg, we still get to play 11, but without Villa :@)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dallas and Colorado both lost today. If that continues, TFC has more points than LA and Seattle.....which means if TFC get there the final is at BMO....holy shit....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holy hell boys that stadium was popping off tonight! after the first goal then the second - loudest i've ever heard it. Was up in the west stands for this one and we got the songs and chants going up top as well when we could, unreal!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InDa_110 View Post
    Dallas and Colorado both lost today. If that continues, TFC has more points than LA and Seattle.....which means if TFC get there the final is at BMO....holy shit....
    And over Montreal, which would make it sweeter!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just looking at the NFL schedule. Assuming MLS is trying to minimize NFL conflicts, they have to put LA-Colorado at 3pm or 7pm (Broncos play at 830pm, Rams at 4pm). Seattle v Dallas therefore has to be at 930 because Colorado can't. The two NY NFL teams play at 1pm, so MLS won't want an eastern game at 3pm

I'm guessing the lineup will be LA-Colorado at 3pm, then the NYRB-Montreal game at 5pm, TFC at 7pm, then Seattle-Dallas late.

Since the Raps play at 7pm Sunday, I'm guessing MLSE would want TFC to go at 5pm, but I bet the league puts them at 7pm again, as Bradley and Altidore are way bigger draws than anyone on Montreal.
    Last edited by ensco; 10-30-2016 at 10:59 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reasons to be cheerful about TFC in Yankee Stadium next weekend.

Both teams will have had equal rest.
    Petrescu won't be the ref so it can't be as bad (fingers crossed) - a solid ref will make NYC pay for the cheap stuff.
    Giovinco will be extra motivated - he had an off night tonight, unleash him next week and should he score early (and often)...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Lopez one wasn't a red – on the replay you can see he pulls his legs back to try to avoid contact and his studs are tucked under. Yellow was the right call.

The Jozy penalty shout was debatable ... looked like he tried to sell it a little bit.

Villa should have seen red for the kick, not for the actual contact but for the intent, but I HIGHLY doubt the league are going to do anything after the fact given that there was no injury and, you know, it's David Villa.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley was huge smothering every counterattack So was super sub Ricketts. Cooper and Ricketts have been huge mid-season signings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, still feeling the love. It's so good. I can't sleep.

hey @Walms and @London, great to see you guys again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh man. what a win! fucking ESPN australia showed every other game except for TFC, took forever to watch finally. Next week may have to take the day off. At least the morning anyway. god I wish MLS would play these games on saturdays. great job to all at the game too, atmosphere sounded nuts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Just back. Wow.

1) We should have had 5, and may rue that. Moor came as close as you can come without scoring. They actually had Seba under control, and everyone had the yips in the final third, until Ricketts came on.
    2) Michael Bradley had his most dominant game as a Red. Our midfield was incredibly dominant. A flawless high press.
    3) It was a dirty game. Cooper has an edge and got under their skin, but they had 3 or 4 guys gooning it up repeatedly. Petruscu really didn't have control of the game
    4) More specifically on the reffing: does anyone think that Altidore getting tackled in the box wasn't a penalty? Man was I fuming. The foul call early in the second half on Altidore looked marginal. Also, should Lopez have received red for that two footed tackle at midfield midway through the second half?
    6) The Ricketts sub changed the game. Going 3-4-3 was a high octane gamble that worked.
    bradley was immense. Best game as a Red by far. Lopez tackle sure looked like a red live, and it's a stonewall penalty, guy had two arms on him.

most importantly, they will have to score four if we score one. Big advantage for us.