Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    There's 16 days between leg 2 on Sunday and leg 1 of the Eastern final. No one really needs to be rested.
    When I said "save em for the next round" I was not concerned about physical exertion and rest between games. I was more concerned that Altidore, who Iraola went after at the whistle, needs to avoid a second yellow. In a perfect world, imho, Altidore scores two in the first half and then sits the second and watches from the bench as NYCFC boils over in frustration....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    In the post match press conference Viera mentioned the atmosphere and how it may have influenced the referee (at 2:26)...

Good. This is EXACTLY what we want. No other atmosphere is as intimidating as BMO right now. Portland is close but its not the cauldron of noise from all over that BMO has been this last week.

Not only does that sell tickets, it sell players on being here. (Gotta thinks post Giovinco in 5 years) And, yes, it gets us calls (at least one yellow last night was influenced by the West and the South)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did anyone else notice Bradley getting toe poked when he was on the ground after being fouled? Same play that Cooper got suspended for earlier in the season. Has the league said anything about Villa?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Good. This is EXACTLY what we want. No other atmosphere is as intimidating as BMO right now. Portland is close but its not the cauldron of noise from all over that BMO has been this last week.

Not only does that sell tickets, it sell players on being here. (Gotta thinks post Giovinco in 5 years) And, yes, it gets us calls (at least one yellow last night was influenced by the West and the South)
    the bullshit chant almost went stadium wide

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still on a high from last night, one that went into the wee hours with some great celebrations. Was amazing to see the south end in full force. A truly amazing experience.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This just feels like such a collective exhale for both the team, and us fans. It's euphoric. We are watching a good football team playing good football, playing with passion, playing for each other, and playing for us. And they are finally wearing our shirts.

It feels like it's been a hundred years.
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mistercorporate View Post
    Awesome vid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    Borg already downplaying it saying it's a yellow. MLS don't pay these guys a fortune to not have them play in the biggest matches. Just not gonna happen.
    Ah I see that Borg is the powerful one, or he has inside connections and is already privy to the decision, I smell a touch of Blatterittis in the MLS now, hmmmm!!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

John Molinaro
    4h
    John Molinaro‏ @JohnMolinaro
    Writing positive columns & game reports feels very weird, after years of writing so many negative pieces. But I could get use to this. #TFC
    I think so many of us can relate to the feeling of how unusual winning feels.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even Steve Simmons wrote a positive piece on the game. That's right, a guy who hates everything to do with our sport.

I've also noticed Michael Landsberg speaks positively about TFC and love it when he calls out Naylor for not liking soccer. When Naylor brought up the point that even Simmons had good things to say about TFC, Landsberg actually said he couldn't care less what Simmons had to say.

Today at work, I had a bunch of people I didn't even know about soccer coming up to me asking how the game was. One guy, who is new to soccer, told me he taped the game so he could watch it later. They were asking me to explain to them the whole two legged system, etc.

This run is starting to feel bigger in terms of long term growth.
    Last edited by PAOK17; 10-31-2016 at 09:22 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting article from Damien Cox today stating that TFC has surpassed the Argos as number 4 in the city. I think we all already knew that, but it's nice to see the mainstream media catching on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

btw, it's nice to see TSN streaming archived matches on their site.
    A much nicer way to see the full build up and reaction to goals.
    Plus it's another nice reminder of the great atmosphere.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Note: you have to be a subscriber to see that. Cable cutters like me don't get there. Makes sense of course.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Note: you have to be a subscriber to see that. Cable cutters like me don't get there. Makes sense of course.

Ah... I wondered about that.
    Yeah, makes sense.
    Great for me, though!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With MLS Live (currently), I have access to games going back seasons but I like that fact TSN is giving it away too....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eastend View Post
    NO WAY the leagues bans him. NO WAY.
    Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    Why not
    As I said, NO way the league bans him.

Well, that's that. These MLS Playoffs truly are "Toronto FC vs. Everybody" ... https://t.co/iH3pYYLnMZ

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

interesting look of an away team's experience at BMO Field

“Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano