Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Electric in the stadium tonight. Best moment of the match (besides the goals) was when I think Bradley, Morrow and Cooper played like 6 or 7 one-touch passes in a triangle around a Philly player and then the "HEYYY" chants after every successful pass after.

The guys showed up tonight. Seba was magic and Jozy was an animal, those two drove us to victory.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm still buzzing. What a fuckin match and atmosphere.
    This and skydome game are my two favorite memories.
    We can take nycfc. We have huge momentum.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great game by the whole team - Thanks to the supporters groups, seems things are coordinated much better now - and what a crowd, was great to see everyone yelling and singing and clapping. Can't wait til the next round!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look's like the mainstream media is having a hard time not covering this win, this TFC win has been on every channel I've checked out tonight even having a few sportscast start off with the TFC victory and some even showing how great the atmosphere and fans were at the game, if this team can make a deep run there is going to be a buzz I can see it.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    Look's like the mainstream media is having a hard time not covering this win, this TFC win has been on every channel I've checked out tonight even having a few sportscast start off with the TFC victory and some even showing how great the atmosphere and fans were at the game, if this team can make a deep run there is going to be a buzz I can see it.
    680 News had a huge segment on the Raptors away opener with some fan saying that with the Jays out the Raps are now "Toronto's team." That was followed by a much shorter summary of the TFC game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Absolutely fantasting result. And a slow clap for the southend. I was on the edge of my seat out here in Edmonton, and loved watching this win just as much as watching the amazing atmosphere!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is now my favourite TFC game in history - replacing that Wednesday drive to witness the Miracle in Montreal.

What a night. Thank you TFC!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This makes all the pain worth it. What a show.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel like this song is applicable.

What an amazing night. Loved every second of it. Can't wait for sunday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Absolutely Beautiful.

Didn't think I could make it, but so very happy I did. Arrived last minute, saw the south end display ... well done, well done! The whole place was pure energy. Loved it. Not even the wet snow on the 401 driving home to London could take the smile off my face. Yes. Yes. Yes. I want more of this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope this is just the start to a magical run.

Congrats to everyone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gutted that I missed this game – my kid has been really sick the last few days and I've barely slept and I just wasn't able to get up to watch this.

If I miss Sunday's game too I'll cry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    What is this exactly? It's completely foreign
    Even had the feeling of impending doom after the Philly goal and we looked down. Only to be surprised with a strong finish. That impending doom feeling was so familiar but it usually followed with an actual catastrophe. This was so refreshing!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sunday is going to be utter madness. guaranteed that every single person who witnessed today is going to be there, and they'll be convincing anyone who'll give them the time of day that they should be there too. the atmosphere tonight was unparalleled to any match i've ever been to. to finally let go of that feeling of 10 years of not a single playoff game at our home field is a feeling I can't put into words. and to see the boys feel it with us, with jozy flying to the stands the second he scored his goal and after the whistle where bradley and seba came over and led us in a chant, leading us almost like they've suffered these 10 years with us. it's like everybody is on the same page and understands how important this is. i can't wait for sunday

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The atmosphere, the energy, the passion from the stands tonight was outstanding and revitalizing. It feels like my dream of full stadium chanting will eventually happen.

Just watched the PVR again, and after Jozy's goal, the chanting was so loud, you could barely hear Wileman and Caldwell's commentary. I am glad I'll be able to tell my kids or maybe grand kids in the future I was at the stands for this game. Tonight was truly remarkable, and there'll be more to come!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Electric in the stadium tonight. Best moment of the match (besides the goals) was when I think Bradley, Morrow and Cooper played like 6 or 7 one-touch passes in a triangle around a Philly player and then the "HEYYY" chants after every successful pass after.

The guys showed up tonight. Seba was magic and Jozy was an animal, those two drove us to victory.
    That wasn't HEY. That was OLE!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was truly something special last night. Despite only having 21k fans there, the place was rocking! Let's just enjoy this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toronto FC on the front of today's Toronto Sun. Please share on social if you have it. A fantastic cover.

https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN/statu...03487197061120

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

damn what a night!........Jozy was immense......was almost brought to tears twice last night.....once after the 3rd goal and again seeing the team take the drums and least the supporters post game.....I just sniffled though, no tears actually fell.....

Bring on NYC!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since he's been here we've seen Bradley alternate between Good Bradley/Bad Bradley. Bad Bradley is uncoordinated and passes the ball to opposition players in our own half. Bad Bradley makes you wonder if he could be easily replaced by a much cheaper but more consistent MLS-grade midfielder. Good Bradley is dominant, accurate, and reads the game amazingly well. He is everything that you would want from a Designated Player and takes the team up another notch. Good Bradley showed up on Wednesday.

Baldomero Toledo as ref was as horrible as always, missing key moments and giving dubious cards, making himself the centre of attention in the first half of the game. TFC got "Toledo'd a few times. Fortunately Toledo calmed down somewhat in the second half and the game was better with him for it. Very glad he didn't hand out a second yellow to Jozy when jozy went into the stands to celebrate. He showed some common sense there. The sideline officials were quite dodgy this game, as well.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KurtLarSUN View Post
    Toronto FC on the front of today's Toronto Sun. Please share on social if you have it. A fantastic cover.

That is awesome, I have mentioned this a few times and now finally made the front page :P

Great performance from the team and nothing really to criticize. They played with a sense of urgency right from kick-off
    rather than waiting till the 60th minute as they have done in the past.

Giovinco put on a spectacular show and was on all 3 goals. What a player. Worth the price of admission alone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KurtLarSUN View Post

Only problem with this is that it was TFC's second playoff game.... (First ever home playoff game yes, but not their first ever playoff game as the title infers).

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    Only problem with this is that it was TFC's second playoff game.... (First ever home playoff game yes, but not their first ever playoff game as the title infers).
    I don't think the title infers that at all.
    It simply states that they have won their first ever playoff game.
    Not that this was there first ever playoff game.

Regardless... nice to see them get the attention they deserve.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakTFC View Post
    That wasn't HEY. That was OLE!
    Ha, someone behind me thought it was "hurray" we were chanting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hungover at work with no voice left. Looks like I'm sick. Camouflage for victory.

THE best TFC game I've ever attended.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fantastic win! I couldn't make it but watched on TV. Gio and Jozy were both awesome and other than the nervy first 10 mins and a short period after Philly scored we pretty much controlled the game and looked comfortable.

Bring on NYCFC!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sunday, when we have a completely full stadium and, Pirlo, Villa, Lampard, will be nuts.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    What are you, a lawyer or something?
    WE DID IT!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Since he's been here we've seen Bradley alternate between Good Bradley/Bad Bradley. Bad Bradley is uncoordinated and passes the ball to opposition players in our own half. Bad Bradley makes you wonder if he could be easily replaced by a much cheaper but more consistent MLS-grade midfielder. Good Bradley is dominant, accurate, and reads the game amazingly well. He is everything that you would want from a Designated Player and takes the team up another notch. Good Bradley showed up on Wednesday.

Baldomero Toledo as ref was as horrible as always, missing key moments and giving dubious cards, making himself the centre of attention in the first half of the game. TFC got "Toledo'd a few times. Fortunately Toledo calmed down somewhat in the second half and the game was better with him for it. Very glad he didn't hand out a second yellow to Jozy when jozy went into the stands to celebrate. He showed some common sense there. The sideline officials were quite dodgy this game, as well.
    Bradley was intense. He ran is his ass off. Went in hard to every tackle.

I'm also really pumped that Oso scored. He's gotten two really good ones the last two games. Both game winners too. It's great to see Canadians playing an influential role in these games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    680 News had a huge segment on the Raptors away opener with some fan saying that with the Jays out the Raps are now "Toronto's team." That was followed by a much shorter summary of the TFC game.
    Pretty pathetic media coverage. Same last night on the news.... Raptors were part of the headlines, with "and later, TFC...". Same with the Fan this morning. Priorities.

Glad to see that Sun cover! i might actually buy the Sun for once.... or just steal it from Burger King.