Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by currystain37 View Post
    I probably am going to do that, though I'm waiting to see if the prices will drop even more.

Thats just being cheap.

if you've been a day one ticket holder with two seats, you've spent $5,000 at minimum on seats and at
    Least the same on beer. That's ten grand on TFC. Playoff tickets aren't material to that.

and the players need us there to make it electric. We should all ask a friend. This could be incredible, like when we played LA at Skydome, only better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Molinaro was saying he expects TFC to play the 3-5-2 tomorrow. I'd agree, since the Union pressed TFC's diamond into all sorts of issues with the ball last time they played. I'm a little concerned with Cooper in that setup though, he didn't exercise the necessary caution as a CM in that formation Sunday. He left the defense exposed on several occasions. Vanney will have to decide if Cooper's invention is worth the discipline that Johnson brings (if he's healthy to start). Either that or bench Oso.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Thats just being cheap.

if you've been a day one ticket holder with two seats, you've spent $5,000 at minimum on seats and at
    Least the same on beer. That's ten grand on TFC. Playoff tickets aren't material to that.

and the players need us there to make it electric. We should all ask a friend. This could be incredible, like when we played LA at Skydome, only better.

My tuition costs $7000 per semester. I want to save as much money as possible.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's just being cheap.
    You should give the school an extra $1000 per semester just for being such a pivotal influence in your life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any kind of supporters March going in for tmr evening ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Details about the march on TFC's website.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Y'know in 2006 I would be driving the 29 Dufferin bus and I'd be waiting for my time in the Springhurst loop and I'd watch the west stands being built and say to myself 'my seats will be right about there'. About a dozen founding RPB's went down to the construction site and we stood where 112 would be to see what the view would be like. And we got chased out by the construction crew. Fuck me, we couldn't wait to love this team! And when the games started we stomped on those stands till the bolts fell out, no joke! I have one glued on to my original RPB hat. We showed this league how it's done. Now every team's ''south end" is as good or better that us.

In a league where an expansion team can win the championship we have waited 10 years for tomorrow, a home playoff date. Make no mistake: TFC, with the way they have been playing, may be the favourite on paper but by no means is a win a sure thing. They need us more than ever. More than they ever have in the last 10 years. We need to bring it like never before. If any fan base in this league can show up in the cold it's us! Fuck this talk about the pricing. If you are on these boards you should be begging, borrowing or stealing to get you ass down there and be the 12 man!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Over 1,200 tickets available on StubHub starting at $45 CAD including fees. That is reasonable now (and should be lower tomorrow). I'm in.
    Weather & bitterness at MLSE should be the only excuses now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where or where is the media hype for this game. Embarrassing. And please don't start with well they haven't won anything yet. I am old enough to have lived through the early years of the Jays and Raptors, 50 years of Leaf ineptitude and ARGO cheer leading by the radio, tv and newspaper sports reporters but they are completely ignoring TFC. What a shame.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fair enough. Students get an exception, you need to be frugal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    Where or where is the media hype for this game. Embarrassing. And please don't start with well they haven't won anything yet. I am old enough to have lived through the early years of the Jays and Raptors, 50 years of Leaf ineptitude and ARGO cheer leading by the radio, tv and newspaper sports reporters but they are completely ignoring TFC. What a shame.
    Yup. 85 Jays would be a good example.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My comment was unfair to a student, which I have acknowledged.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There was a brief mention on CP24 during the lunch hour. Does that count?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulain View Post
    Y'know in 2006 I would be driving the 29 Dufferin bus and I'd be waiting for my time in the Springhurst loop and I'd watch the west stands being built and say to myself 'my seats will be right about there'. About a dozen founding RPB's went down to the construction site and we stood where 112 would be to see what the view would be like. And we got chased out by the construction crew. Fuck me, we couldn't wait to love this team! And when the games started we stomped on those stands till the bolts fell out, no joke! I have one glued on to my original RPB hat. We showed this league how it's done. Now every team's ''south end" is as good or better that us.

In a league where an expansion team can win the championship we have waited 10 years for tomorrow, a home playoff date. Make no mistake: TFC, with the way they have been playing, may be the favourite on paper but by no means is a win a sure thing. They need us more than ever. More than they ever have in the last 10 years. We need to bring it like never before. If any fan base in this league can show up in the cold it's us! Fuck this talk about the pricing. If you are on these boards you should be begging, borrowing or stealing to get you ass down there and be the 12 man!
    Love this post.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm....today is St. Crispin's Day

We few...we happy few.

WATCH THIS to get what I'm talking about

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Totally psyched for tomorrows game. Yes I know there is little buzz around this city. Its a hockey town and will be for the foreseeable future. I was talking to a Co worker of mine this morning who is in his 20's and into sports, and who also knows I'm into TFC. He obviously isn't based on our conversation.

I mentioned that tomorrow was an important TFC game - like a wild card game, and that a victory would mean we would get into the next round of playoffs He actually said - with a straight face "Is that like a best of five?" I kid you not - now I tried to keep a straight face as I replied and said no its a home and away series. Most Canadians don't really know soccer and their exposure is their kids kicking the ball in a Tim bits league.

But that too will change one day. For this reason we will not sell out this game in 2 hrs as it should have been in the GTA - a region of 5 million people. Yes I know the price is 75 bucks, but I can pay $165 for a Leafs ticket and watch them play some other hapless team , and while I'm entertained its not really that exciting for me personally. I'll take TFC 9 times out of 10. Go TFC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there a March from shoeless or is everyone going to brazen head?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Hmm....today is St. Crispin's Day

We few...we happy few.

WATCH THIS to get what I'm talking about

- Brilliant love it. Come on you Reds get stuck right in!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am so hyped for tonight I can hardly believe that kickoff is a little over 13.5 hours from now. I had tears in my eyes last year when we clinched and I expect the same tonight if we can get the win. This is a huge milestone for the club and I can't wait to be a part of it. I fully expect to lose my voice tonight. COME ON YOU REDS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBTFC View Post
    I'm a loyal, dedicated TFC fan...but I'm not going to buy overpriced $75 tickets because "it's so awesome".

In the past 24 hours tickets have gone from $45 USD to $25 USD on stubhub, and who knows how much lower they'll drop.

I have passion for the club, but not blindly. I will not get suckered by management.
    I'm not going to spend much time on this at all, and I'm not going to tell anyone how they SHOULD spend their money, but I am going to weigh in once.

Saying "I will not get suckered by MLSE" is really unfortunate seeing as the club showed good faith in 1) Returning season seat prices to Year 1 levels a few seasons back and 2) Going out and committing close to $100 million via three contracts.

Again, it's up to fans to decide if $60-$100 is too much for a night of entertainment. But let's not act like this is highway robbery.

Toronto FC's ownership has invested heavily in soccer. They won't see returns on those investment for a long time.

To be clear, nobody is being "suckered". If the aforementioned price points are too high for you, they're too high. But don't act like the product (and the club's first home playoff game) isn't valuable. It is. And the match should be special.

Furthermore, it takes a lot of nerve to come on here and essentially call tens of thousands of fans "suckers" because they've determined a once-in-a-decade event to be worth $60-$100.
    Last edited by KurtLarSUN; 10-26-2016 at 05:59 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PLAYOFF GAME DAY HAS ARRIVED!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HOLY CRAP...IT'S GAME DAY!! This is going to be a loooooong day at work....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm looking forward to this game tonight. Dressing for it! I can't wait! Go TFC Go! )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No doubt, have had sports channels on all morning. Nary a word.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was mentioned every sports' segment this morning on Metro Morning. (part of the story was how cheap tickets are going for on StubHub.)

Quote Originally Posted by GBV View Post

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GBV View Post
    I flipped on 590, which I never do, this morning...first thing they were talking about was the match tonight. Also heard Metro Morning talk about it, though Scott Regier who does sports on CBC Radio 1 often talks about TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KurtLarSUN View Post
    I'm not going to spend much time on this at all, and I'm not going to tell anyone how they SHOULD spend their money, but I am going to weigh in once.

Saying "I will not get suckered by MLSE" is really unfortunate seeing as the club showed good faith in 1) Returning season seat prices to Year 1 levels a few seasons back and 2) Going out and committing close to $100 million via three contracts.

Again, it's up to fans to decide if $60-$100 is too much for a night of entertainment. But let's not act like this is highway robbery.

Toronto FC's ownership has invested heavily in soccer. They won't see returns on those investment for a long time.

To be clear, nobody is being "suckered". If the aforementioned price points are too high for you, they're too high. But don't act like the product (and the club's first home playoff game) isn't valuable. It is. And the match should be special.

Furthermore, it takes a lot of nerve to come on here and essentially call tens of thousands of fans "suckers" because they've determined a once-in-a-decade event to be worth $60-$100.
    You're entitled to your opinion, and I'm entitled to mine. I can appreciate that.

In the end, all that matters is what happens on the pitch. Whether I'm at the stadium for the match this evening, or watching on a TV somewhere, doesn't change the level of appreciation I have for TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBTFC View Post
    You're entitled to your opinion, and I'm entitled to mine. I can appreciate that.

In the end, all that matters is what happens on the pitch. Whether I'm at the stadium for the match this evening, or watching on a TV somewhere, doesn't change the level of appreciation I have for TFC.
    Well, kind of.

It's actually my opinion that you aren't entitled to, in a round-about-way, call other fans "suckers".

Sure, you can have the opinion that ticket prices are too high, but you can't justify that statement by implying that MLSE (at least when it comes to Toronto FC and Canadian soccer) is gauging fans. One needs to look no further than the franchise's bottom line to know that's poor logic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mdc 77 View Post
    I flipped on 590, which I never do, this morning...first thing they were talking about was the match tonight. Also heard Metro Morning talk about it, though Scott Regier who does sports on CBC Radio 1 often talks about TFC.
    I don't listen to Metro Morning as much as I used to, but I certainly appreciated Scott Regier's insights regarding TFC, and his ability to explain without talking down. Matt Galloway helped with the conversational tone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KurtLarSUN View Post
    Well, kind of.

It's actually my opinion that you aren't entitled to, in a round-about-way, call other fans "suckers".

Sure, you can have the opinion that ticket prices are too high, but you can't justify that statement by implying that MLSE (at least when it comes to Toronto FC and Canadian soccer) is gauging fans. One needs to look no further than the franchise's bottom line to know that's poor logic.
    We'll let the ticket market, and attendance at tonight's game, determine if MLSE is gouging fans, not your opinion.