Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How does everyone rank this compared to our CONCACAF Quarter Final at Skydome & winning the tie? That was the greatest TFC moment for me. Getting to the Division Final will begin to eclipse that - we've got a fair road to haul yet.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Creavalle unlikely as well. Ex-TFC curse not at play in this game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    How does everyone rank this compared to our CONCACAF Quarter Final at Skydome & winning the tie? That was the greatest TFC moment for me. Getting to the Division Final will begin to eclipse that - we've got a fair road to haul yet.
    This play-off game is easily the most important game in our history. As much as we appreciate CCL and Voyagers Cup, those tournaments mean very little compared to the league. If we want to be a bigger and more important club in our city we HAVE to go deep in the play-offs. We can win 5 more Voyagers Cups, a couple of CCL trophies, and the city would still see us as the losers of yester-year, unless we kick some ass in the league. This is our first home game in the play-offs, so I rate it as the most important game ever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

question

can Giovinco even play in 2 degree weather?

can Jozy run in that same cold without injuring himself?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    question

Winter Serie A games in northern Italy have similar conditions to Toronto in late fall/early winter. Seba's seen it before.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 10-25-2016 at 09:56 AM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    I would still rank that CCL match as the most significant in our history, and we were underdogs throughout that run which gave it a different feel.

However, this playoff game will define our season, and we have never won in the post season. It's an absolute must win.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    question

The 2 instances when Jozy hurt his hamstring (and Irwin too for that matter) where in very high humidity environments.
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cas87 View Post
    The 2 instances when Jozy hurt his hamstring (and Irwin too for that matter) where in very high humidity environments.
    turn on the dehumidifier then !!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mistercorporate View Post
    Win or lose, I'm going to attend this game with pride, I can tell my grandkids (don't have kids yet lol) and nephew (who's now a TFC fan, he was born on the same year as TFC and still has his TFC baby clothes!) one day that I was there for when TFC was playing on a roofless 20,000 seat stadium, I was there the first day they had a 30,000 covered stadium and I was there at their first playoff game.
    Wow, this is exactly how I feel too. Only difference is my nephew was born last year (and went to his first TFC game at 4 months old!).

This game is going to be special, I wouldn't miss it for anything. Though I do wish MLSE priced it reasonably so we could have more people in the building...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The pricing seems short sighted. I know they spent a buttload on the stadium and players in the last few years, but a packed stadium offers an even greater home field advantage, and winning this game and advancing just leads to more ticket sales for future years. Filling the building and winning the game should be the #1 objective.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A full building means very little if those inside are in suits on their blackberry - see Air Canada Centre on Leafs game night.

As supporters the best home field advantage we offer is the atmosphere we create. Instead of focusing on unsold tickets, focus on bringing your voice tomorrow. Full or not let's shake the ground boys and girls

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mistercorporate View Post
    $72 tickets are available now, get 'em while you can

Win or lose, I'm going to attend this game with pride, I can tell my grandkids (don't have kids yet lol) and nephew (who's now a TFC fan, he was born on the same year as TFC and still has his TFC baby clothes!) one day that I was there for when TFC was playing on a roofless 20,000 seat stadium, I was there the first day they had a 30,000 covered stadium and I was there at their first playoff game.
    That's how I feel. I have been telling friends that they should buy tix because it's so awesome. Let's do MLSEs job for them!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    That's how I feel. I have been telling friends that they should buy tix because it's so awesome. Let's do MLSEs job for them!
    I'm a loyal, dedicated TFC fan...but I'm not going to buy overpriced $75 tickets because "it's so awesome".

In the past 24 hours tickets have gone from $45 USD to $25 USD on stubhub, and who knows how much lower they'll drop.

I have passion for the club, but not blindly. I will not get suckered by management.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There really isn't a big difference to what the Argos did in terms of ticketing for their opener, and tomorrow.

So many available, so many on the market for face or less, so many just given away. Just absolutely mental how bad they blew this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The analyst on the MLS website has Philadelphia as the lowest ranked playoff team. Have to win this!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think though with this been a midweek game, and just a few days to sell it, not sure if lower ticket prices would've made that huge of a difference - it was always a hard sell to begin with. Keep in mind, historically knockout round matches doesn't seem to fare too well attendance wise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    The analyst on the MLS website has Philadelphia as the lowest ranked playoff team. Have to win this!
    0-2 Home
    0-2 Home
    2-3 Away
    1-1 Away to us
    1-2 Away
    1-1 Home
    0-3 Away to a shit Chicago team we just beat

They have been fucking dreadful since the start of September. Zero excuses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spe18 View Post
    I think though with this been a midweek game, and just a few days to sell it, not sure if lower ticket prices would've made that huge of a difference - it was always a hard sell to begin with. Keep in mind, historically knockout round matches doesn't seem to fare too well attendance wise.
    i remember going to a midweek game in 2007. It was frigid, wind swirling & sleet/rain whipping - but the stadium was packed and loud. that was then, this is now - there was a buzz totally encompassing all things TFC back then, it was very hard to get a ticket. i was asked all the time by friends and co-workers for them. now i rarely can get anyone to go - there's very little buzz about TFC but hopefully with what's being put in place the past year or so, winning this game and going deeper in the playoffs will start to recreate that buzz. It took the Raptors and Jays a long long long time to get their buzz on. we had it, but blew it big time - i'd love to see it return....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    0-2 Home
    0-2 Home
    2-3 Away
    1-1 Away to us
    1-2 Away
    1-1 Home
    0-3 Away to a shit Chicago team we just beat

They have been fucking dreadful since the start of September. Zero excuses.
    Yup. Just effing play our game, don't get caught on the counter, and we've got this.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by backbeat View Post
    It took the Raptors and Jays a long long long time to get their buzz on. we had it, but blew it big time - i'd love to see it return....
    I had two work colleagues talk to me about the upcoming game and I was asked by one of them if I'm going.

It's not like 2007-2009 when people like my barber was begging me for tickets, but there is some interest there.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by backbeat View Post
    i remember going to a midweek game in 2007. It was frigid, wind swirling & sleet/rain whipping - but the stadium was packed and loud. that was then, this is now - there was a buzz totally encompassing all things TFC back then, it was very hard to get a ticket. i was asked all the time by friends and co-workers for them. now i rarely can get anyone to go - there's very little buzz about TFC but hopefully with what's being put in place the past year or so, winning this game and going deeper in the playoffs will start to recreate that buzz. It took the Raptors and Jays a long long long time to get their buzz on. we had it, but blew it big time - i'd love to see it return....
    the stadium was also 18,000 capacity... it's hard to sell 30,000 tickets to a midweek no buzz team in 4 weeks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spe18 View Post
    The prices are keeping 3 of us away when we would have definitely bought tickets if they were reasonably priced. Hopefully MLSE realize that just because this is Toronto people will not pay outrageous prices for every single sport.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by currystain37 View Post
    The prices are keeping 3 of us away when we would have definitely bought tickets if they were reasonably priced. Hopefully MLSE realize that just because this is Toronto people will not pay outrageous prices for every single sport.
    Then buy tickets on stubhub , but for godssakes, come to the game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate being the overwhelming favorite.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toronto FC v Philadelphia Union
    BMO Field (7:30pm ET)
    REF: BALDOMERO TOLEDO
    AR1: CJ Morgante
    AR2: Ian Anderson
    4TH: Silviu Petrescu

Holy Toledo!!!!! Suddenly I have a bit of a sick feeling in my stomach. How will Baldomero make himself centre stage in this one? A red card waiting to happen...everyone knows we can't beat a 10 man team....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBTFC View Post
    I'm a loyal, dedicated TFC fan...but I'm not going to buy overpriced $75 tickets because "it's so awesome".

In the past 24 hours tickets have gone from $45 USD to $25 USD on stubhub, and who knows how much lower they'll
    drop.

I have passion for the club, but not blindly. I will not get suckered by management.
    We will have to agree to disagree. To me "Supporter" includes "Support". And someone needs to pay for Giovinco

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    I hate being the overwhelming favorite.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would rather be the overwhelming favourite or the overwhelming underdog AND STILL BE A PLAYOFF GAME AT OUR PLACE

I look forward to the season when a playoff game at home is just another playoff game. Until then

BRING ALL OF IT ON

We few....we happy few.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Then buy tickets on stubhub , but for godssakes, come to the game
    I probably am going to do that, though I'm waiting to see if the prices will drop even more.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW, I spoke to a few Jays fans today about playoff tickets and they thought $65-$75 was cheap for playoff tickets.