Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    No, that isn't the rule. You cannot gain an advantage from being in an offside position. Thats why linesman make that gesture with their hands of coming over the line when they call this part of the rule. happens every match. Perhaps the answer is below - Instant Replay saying it was close. Again, I am not complaining, it was a magical night, but just curious.
    What are you talking about. As long as he is onside before the ball is played to him he is onside. That is thr definition of onside.

Thr linesman waving his hand back and forth is just using a signal for that specific type of offside.

Edit: just read tfctifoso clarified it.

To expand on it. Play A is looking to pass to player B. Player B runs into an offside position so player A witholds passing him the ball. Player B runs back to an onside position and while waiting in an onside position Player A passes him the ball. He is onside. The reason they get caught "running the line" is cause they got caught in the offside position when the ball was played not just because they were standing there at some point.
    Last edited by DinamoTFC; 10-27-2016 at 04:35 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Did you see Jozy's last penalty?
    There's also 30 minutes of football before penalties. Doesn't have to take your first kick, but you still don't take him out before 90

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had the honor of popping bottles post game up in one of the lounges. Still can't get over what a night it was, simply amazing. Sunday can't come soon enough.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    What are you talking about. As long as he is onside before the ball is played to him he is onside. That is thr definition of onside.

Thr linesman waving his hand back and forth is just using a signal for that specific type of offside.

Edit: just read tfctifoso clarified it.

To expand on it. Play A is looking to pass to player B. Player B runs into an offside position so player A witholds passing him the ball. Player B runs back to an onside position and while waiting in an onside position Player A passes him the ball. He is onside. The reason they get caught "running the line" is cause they got caught in the offside position when the ball was played not just because they were standing there at some point.
    My view of what happened here is that he was in an offside position when the ball was headed. This has clarified the rule for me: I understand it perfectly, the only question is was the ball headed before he ran back to the onside position.

thanks.
    Last edited by MightyDM; 10-27-2016 at 10:14 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a night!!! I will remember this game for the rest of my life. The atmosphere was unreal and the team fed off it. It's about 28 hours now since the game ended and my throat is still raw from screaming/singing. I'll have to baby it so I can be full voice on Sunday again. I think that was one of Jozy's best games. He was a work horse out there until he got gassed. Let's bring it all over again on Sunday and set the tone for the return leg. TORONTO TIL I DIE!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slight note about the Jozy being gassed thing.

Note where he started on the last goal and where he ended up.

Yeah, he looked gassed but when he had to turn on the jets, he got there. (as did Cheyrou of all people)

I like Ricketts, but he doesn't make that opening pass and he doesn't get into that position to take the header and then take advantage of Philly's mistakes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The guy couldn't run any more, he was goinfgto puke. He was becoming a liability. Cant imagine he'd be able to play much on Sunday

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He was hands on hips well before that. He was giving up on balls.

I'm not blaming him, he ran hisnass off. Just sayn rickets has good D and his speed would have kept them honest. Woulda opened up more space for seba too

And i cant forget cheyrou, if he is not there, that goal doesn't happen. Going to miss him
    Last edited by C.Ronaldo; 10-28-2016 at 08:23 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post

And i cant forget cheyrou, if he is not there, that goal doesn't happen. Going to miss him

heard a rumor we're resigning him on a one year deal on a much lower salary.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only just got round to posting this but were there any Philly fans at the game? the visitors section was empty

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rene Kingsriver View Post
    Only just got round to posting this but were there any Philly fans at the game? the visitors section was empty
    I saw 1 guy in section 106, 2nd or 3rd row with a fairly large Philly flag.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

full game

“Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano