Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulain View Post
    Y'know in 2006 I would be driving the 29 Dufferin bus and I'd be waiting for my time in the Springhurst loop and I'd watch the west stands being built and say to myself 'my seats will be right about there'. About a dozen founding RPB's went down to the construction site and we stood where 112 would be to see what the view would be like. And we got chased out by the construction crew. Fuck me, we couldn't wait to love this team! And when the games started we stomped on those stands till the bolts fell out, no joke! I have one glued on to my original RPB hat. We showed this league how it's done. Now every team's ''south end" is as good or better that us.

In a league where an expansion team can win the championship we have waited 10 years for tomorrow, a home playoff date. Make no mistake: TFC, with the way they have been playing, may be the favourite on paper but by no means is a win a sure thing. They need us more than ever. More than they ever have in the last 10 years. We need to bring it like never before. If any fan base in this league can show up in the cold it's us! Fuck this talk about the pricing. If you are on these boards you should be begging, borrowing or stealing to get you ass down there and be the 12 man!
    Well said, you just saved me from typing pretty much the same thing dude. See you all down there tonight, I booked the day off tomorrow because I know I will have no voice.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But if it be a sin to covet honour,
    I am the most offending soul alive.

Tears. I thank those who have contributed here and reminded me of the tears I shed last October when Giovinco scored that wonder goal.

I have been critical of TFC in recent months. Playoff time is when the team that can rise above the other moves on and TFC has only risen above Chicago (twice) since the CNE was on. So I fear that TFC are too capable of stumbling tonight. But should they play to their potential....I would not miss it. Ten years of regular season games - I have probably attended 95% of them and now a playoff game...

And gentlemen in Ontario now a-bed
    Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So excited for this game!

The key to winning is TFC scoring first. I think if the team can do that, the game is theirs. If not it's a lot more dicey.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't even concentrate at work right now. All I'm thinking is how do I get out early so I can start prepping my wardrobe for tonight!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've spent the morning watching old TFC clips on Youtube. I can't wait to get down to BMO.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by morgank1986 View Post
    I've spent the morning watching old TFC clips on Youtube. I can't wait to get down to BMO.
    Glad to know I am not the only one. Someone poster their top 20 goals in past years and been watching those to get the hype going.

My office has all of my TFC stuff all over it today aha
    Play-by-Play Commentator for League 1 Ontario.
    Twitter (@MartinOmes)
    Road Trips: LA Galaxy, FC Cincinnati, Montreal (x2), Columbus (x3), NYCFC, NY Red Bulls, DC United, Atlanta, and Seattle!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is going to be a very long work day,need to concentrate on work,visiting RPB site definitely doesn't help.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When will the big question be answered? Is Ensco going?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Hmm....today is St. Crispin's Day

We few...we happy few.

WATCH THIS to get what I'm talking about

absolutely brilliant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KurtLarSUN View Post
    I'm not going to spend much time on this at all, and I'm not going to tell anyone how they SHOULD spend their money, but I am going to weigh in once.

Saying "I will not get suckered by MLSE" is really unfortunate seeing as the club showed good faith in 1) Returning season seat prices to Year 1 levels a few seasons back and 2) Going out and committing close to $100 million via three contracts.

Again, it's up to fans to decide if $60-$100 is too much for a night of entertainment. But let's not act like this is highway robbery.

Toronto FC's ownership has invested heavily in soccer. They won't see returns on those investment for a long time.

To be clear, nobody is being "suckered". If the aforementioned price points are too high for you, they're too high. But don't act like the product (and the club's first home playoff game) isn't valuable. It is. And the match should be special.

Furthermore, it takes a lot of nerve to come on here and essentially call tens of thousands of fans "suckers" because they've determined a once-in-a-decade event to be worth $60-$100.
    Good for you Kurt. well said. Deserves to be repeated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBTFC View Post
    We'll let the ticket market, and attendance at tonight's game, determine if MLSE is gouging fans, not your opinion.
    Show up tonight. buy tickets on stubhub, I don't care. but show up.
    Supporters Support. Lets be untied for once and stop the endless complaining.

We have the best team we have ever had, by far, and the best player in the history of the league, and a home date to appreciate them.

Its gameday and its awesome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    When will the big question be answered? Is Ensco going?
    Yes he is! I am sure of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not going to spend much time on this at all, and I'm not going to tell anyone how they SHOULD spend their money, but I am going to weigh in once.

Saying "I will not get suckered by MLSE" is really unfortunate seeing as the club showed good faith in 1) Returning season seat prices to Year 1 levels a few seasons back and 2) Going out and committing close to $100 million via three contracts.

Again, it's up to fans to decide if $60-$100 is too much for a night of entertainment. But let's not act like this is highway robbery.

Toronto FC's ownership has invested heavily in soccer. They won't see returns on those investment for a long time.

To be clear, nobody is being "suckered". If the aforementioned price points are too high for you, they're too high. But don't act like the product (and the club's first home playoff game) isn't valuable. It is. And the match should be special.

Furthermore, it takes a lot of nerve to come on here and essentially call tens of thousands of fans "suckers" because they've determined a once-in-a-decade event to be worth $60-$100.
    There was no thought, no question, no checking. The minute those playoff tickets landed in the account manager was the minute i spent money. I haven't been around since day 1 but i feel for all those that have. If you aren't going to spend money for MLSE then spend it for those that have been here since day 1. They have waited 10 years for this and deserve that stadium to be full up, those stands to be loud. They deserve their dream.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had my TV on CP24 and the big sports story is the Raptors home opener tonight, in the hour that I've had it on CP24 they have covered the Raptor's coach live press conference, and have a reporter live at the ACC that they have gone too a few times already, nothing on TFC's first home playoff game, and of course tomorrow's news even if TFC win will be the lousy attendance that I'm sure they will cover over and over again in the mainstream media not the win if TFC win lol.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    I've had my TV on CP24 and the big sports story is the Raptors home opener tonight, in the hour that I've had it on CP24 they have covered the Raptor's coach live press conference, and have a reporter live at the ACC that they have gone too a few times already, nothing on TFC's first home playoff game, and of course tomorrow's news even if TFC win will be the lousy attendance that I'm sure they will cover over and over again in the mainstream media not the win if TFC win lol.
    The Raptors were front cover of the Metro today too - its pathetic that TFC have no coverage. Any OTHER sports team in the playoffs in this city and coverage would be everywhere.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I heard Q107 at least mention it, but I decided to adventure on the "mainstream" radio stations and all of them spoke of Raptors but no TFC.

Oh well, lets be the 12th man regardless and go loud!!
    Play-by-Play Commentator for League 1 Ontario.
    Twitter (@MartinOmes)
    Road Trips: LA Galaxy, FC Cincinnati, Montreal (x2), Columbus (x3), NYCFC, NY Red Bulls, DC United, Atlanta, and Seattle!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm done with talking about the media coverage and ticket prices. I just printed off my tickets, and ready to go. This work day can't end fast enough!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know we won't see this in the lineup, but I'd really like to see Seba at the top of the midfield diamond with Jozy and Tosaint up top.

Might as well throw out our strongest attacking lineup.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM;[URL="tel:1816417"
    1816417[/URL]]Yes he is! I am sure of it.
    I can't, but it's for other reasons than the weather!

Thanks for asking guys. I am there in spirit, and will be there with my kids Sunday.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyrocks View Post
    Is there a March from shoeless or is everyone going to brazen head?
    RPB will be at Shoeless.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Voodooman View Post
    I heard Q107 at least mention it, but I decided to adventure on the "mainstream" radio stations and all of them spoke of Raptors but no TFC.

Dean Blundell mentioned the knockout game just before he exposed his cluelessness about baseball (wins and losses are a terrible way to measure a pitchers worth for over ten years now).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I can't, but it's for other reasons than the weather!

Thanks for asking guys. I am there in spirit, and will be there with my kids Sunday.
    Too bad. See you Sunday!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have to understand that TFC fans have PTSD. The last nine years were years of futility, of being the MLS synonym for screwups, of giving your all for the club only to have either the players crap the bed when it mattered or the FO torpedo its fortunes with their ineptitude. That takes a long time to work out of your system so I can see how a lot of hardcore fans might still be wary of pricing due to the way they were treated over the first 7 years of the club's existence.

At this point, supporters and the casual fans don't know that a win in the post-season is possible for TFC because it has never been done. Once they win even one post-season game, then you will see people not just hope, but start to believe in the club again.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Notes from the opposition camp:

“There are 20 teams in the league and I think we are somewhere between six to 10 with the ability to beat anyone in the top five,” Curtin said. “And I would put Toronto in that top five, for what it’s worth. It’s a challenge but one we’re going to be up for.”
    http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/1...nyone-playoffs
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm so excited for tonight and having real trouble focusing at work. I brought a few extra layers of clothing to work with me. Who cares about a little cold, it's a home playoff game. And yes I have arthritis and my joints will be screaming about the cold later but that's not going to matter.

I was just looking at the BigSoccer forum and checking out what the Phili fans have to say. What a huge contrast to this forum. 90% of the supporters' comments about tonight are negative and they're predicting a loss. Majority of the post are about pulling apart the team during the off season - who they should keep and who they should get rid of. What a contrast to what's going on in this forum! Ok...so yes it made me smile!

Toronto Til I Die
    Last edited by Captain; 10-26-2016 at 12:36 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't believe I have to work tonight and can't watch the game. I just hope they win so I can watch them on Sunday. Still wearing my scarf today though.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Voodooman View Post

TSN 1050 have been bouncing between the two games.

Morning Show focused mainly on Raps, but mentioned TFC as well and did hype it a bit.

Late morning show had a lot of TFC talk (but that has something to do with the fact that Gareth Wheeler is on it too).
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    I'm so excited for tonight and having real trouble focusing at work. I brought a few extra layers of clothing to work with me. Who cares about a little cold, it's a home playoff game. And yes I have arthritis and my joints will be screaming about the cold later but that's not going to matter.

I was just looking at the BigSoccer forum and checking out what the Phili fans have to say. What a huge contrast to this forum. 90% of the supporters' comments about tonight are negative and they're predicting a loss. Majority of the post are about pulling apart the team during the off season - who they should keep and who they should get rid of. What a contrast to what's going on in this forum! Ok...so yes it made me smile!

Toronto Til I Die
    Obviously just being realistic. Go Reds!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RealG-TFC View Post
    Can't believe I have to work tonight and can't watch the game. I just hope they win so I can watch them on Sunday. Still wearing my scarf today though.
    There is a really nasty virus going around....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyone sitting in the south if you can go out and buy as many streamers from the dollar stores as you can. A nice little display is going to be put up and streamers will help with the visual appeal.