Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you can't show up on a cold Wednesday night at BMO Field....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLS Cup Final could be December 10th at BMO. It could be positively tropical Wenesday compared to the final.

While this should be a winnable game based on the season, on our current form I'm kind of sickly nervous that our last 5-6 games have been awfull. Last years playoffs felt a lot like he Walking Dead season opener. I'll have to rely on blind hope.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still a lot of tickets available, but we only knew last night the day and time of this game, and whether we'd be playing in this round. I'd love to know where the idea that Toronto residents will pay ridiculous prices for their sports tickets comes from. In a city where you pay a million dollars for your house, people are really stretched for their discretionary spending. MLSE should get off this idea now. Only with the Leafs can you charge whatever you want.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dupont View Post
    I will wear ten coats if I have to! Nothing is stopping me from being at this match!
    Old "Ten Coats Dupont". Always with the coats...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Still a lot of tickets available, but we only knew last night the day and time of this game, and whether we'd be playing in this round. I'd love to know where the idea that Toronto residents will pay ridiculous prices for their sports tickets comes from. In a city where you pay a million dollars for your house, people are really stretched for their discretionary spending. MLSE should get off this idea now. Only with the Leafs can you charge whatever you want.
    I'm trying to sell my tickets for the "early bird member price" both on these boards and on Craigslist. Not one person has expressed interest.

$65 is a lot of money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone know when the tix for Wednesday will show up in the Account Manager??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Primavera View Post
    I'm trying to sell my tickets for the "early bird member price" both on these boards and on Craigslist. Not one person has expressed interest.

$65 is a lot of money.
    5 year season ticket holder who renewed for 2017 without buying playoff tickets.
    Charging 3x the price for a Home Game that 40% of MLS teams get every year is steep.

Saying that, the cold weather could drive pricing in the secondary market <$50. That is my personal price point.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey I totally get it.

I am making a point about more than the true hardcores, not about what anyone here should do.

My problem is, I am old enough to have frozen my ass at the 1982 Grey Cup. It can very unpleasant down there, TFC haven't really had a game like that yet.

(I think this weather question is a big part of this year's Grey Cup debacle too.)
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I may be wrong but the past two seasons of construction has left many people with poor memories. The weather at the beginning of each season is usually just as bad if not worse than it is expected to be on Wednesday night. Bonus now is we have a roof that will provide some protection unless of course you are in the south stands. I can't wait for this game.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We also have the most expensive roster in the league. Giovinco may love Toronto, but he doesn't play for free. You have to cover his wage bill somehow, and TFC has lost money since getting him. Same deal with Altidore and Bradley.

The prices (at least for SSHs) are in line with the product.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 10-24-2016 at 09:52 AM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was hoping for a bye in the knockout rounds, but this could now work in our favor, as the team will not become rusty and will be fit for next game.

Still cant believe this, a home playoff game coming sooon !!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    We also have the most expensive roster in the league. Giovinco may love Toronto, but he doesn't play for free. You have to cover his wage bill somehow, and TFC has lost money since getting him. Same deal with Altidore and Bradley.

The prices (at least for SSHs) are in line with the product.
    I'm not hearing that at all. In fact, people in my section yesterday were complaining about the prices. The market is what determines price. I can spend a million dollars on my house renovation. But that won't determine if I get $2 million selling it, the market will.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Tifoso View Post
    anyone know when the tix for Wednesday will show up in the Account Manager??
    This from my MLSE ticketing rep: “They should be available for print around noon today.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to the game Wednesday evening....but....

I'd be shocked if we get anywhere close to a sellout crowd.

as far as i can see and hear the team just doesn't have that buzz around town happening

also with the game date and time being announced so last minute i think we'll be in the 20 to 25k range

i'd love to see a packed house and i hope i'm wrong

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by backbeat View Post
    I'm going to the game Wednesday evening....but....

I'd be shocked if we get anywhere close to a sellout crowd.

as far as i can see and hear the team just doesn't have that buzz around town happening

also with the game date and time being announced so last minute i think we'll be in the 20 to 25k range

i'd love to see a packed house and i hope i'm wrong
    I'd be surprised at this point if we see anything over 20,000, they definitely priced too it high. From looking on ticketmaster, and just gauging what people have been saying I was thinking we'll see 18,000-20,000. Bit disappointing for sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This from my MLSE ticketing rep: “They should be available for print around noon today.”
    cool, thx......

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC playoff tickets now available to be printed! )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mdc 77 View Post
    I'd be surprised at this point if we see anything over 20,000, they definitely priced too it high. From looking on ticketmaster, and just gauging what people have been saying I was thinking we'll see 18,000-20,000. Bit disappointing for sure.

Definitely some strange availability showing on TM right now. Loads and loads of tickets available for Wednesday in the East uppers. For Sunday it looks like it's nearly sold out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely some strange availability showing on TM right now. Loads and loads of tickets available for Wednesday in the East uppers. For Sunday it looks like it's nearly sold out.
    That could be the weekday night game thing....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mdc 77 View Post
    Prices definitely outrageous. Will never understand why the higher-ups wouldn't prefer to have lower prices and a packed house (with more people buying beer/merch etc.) than overcharging like this. But what do I know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Playoff media day - live video, manning speaking

http://www.torontofc.ca/post/2016/10...yoff-media-day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That could be the weekday night game thing....
    Possibly. But I would guess it tough for the average Joe to be spending $90 (!) on a ticket for a game without knowing the start time.

Hopefully we get to find out on Sunday!

RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Laiping View Post
    TFC playoff tickets now available to be printed! )
    Just printed mine off.

10 years I've been waiting for this. Well...Okay...9 years, since I did enjoy being on the old carpet after the final game in 2007.
    O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You would hope that they can sell out BMO for this. But interestingly, I haven't been able to sell my spare tickets ever since TFC were guaranteed a playoff berth. I think this coincides more with the turn in weather more than TFC in the playoffs - but it just goes to show that TFC fans are fair weather supporters - to do with the weather and not the team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All of this goes back to the prices being too high. I hate this MLSE strategy of pushing the price boundary the first chance they get. The Grey Cup game shows you can't charge Leaf prices for every sporting event in the city. Incidentally, the Blue Jays had pretty reasonable ticket prices for their playoffs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

personally i think TFC has lost the buzz/excitement over the many years.

over the past 2 seasons I agree MLSE has been trying to make amends and get it back

i think they should have kept the payoffs prices really low and promoted the hell out of it to get the crowds

take a loss for a season or two to get the attention back and the word of mouth and excitement happening again

it took the raptors and jays many, many seasons to get the excitement they now have - it'll take TFC a number of years as well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going on Wednesday been a season ticket holder since the first season 2007, however, we are all going to be surprised with the attendance I'm thinking no more than 16000 if we're lucky, there is no buzz at all mainstream media hardly talking about it, just no buzz it feels like it's not even happening. If you compare the buzz for the Jays playoff run or even the Raptors playoff there is no comparison it's not even 1% of the Raptors buzz, therefore we will be lucky to see anything over 16000 there on Tuesday night unfortunately, I hope I'm wrong but highly doubt it from the look and feel of things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All of this goes back to the prices being too high. I hate this MLSE strategy of pushing the price boundary the first chance they get. The Grey Cup game shows you can't charge Leaf prices for every sporting event in the city. Incidentally, the Blue Jays had pretty reasonable ticket prices for their playoffs.
    Except in the Jays' case, I think it's the league that sets the prices for the playoffs.

My guess is around 15-20K for the game on Wednesday. Historically, it seems the knockout games in MLS are generally poorly attended.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could be a thin crowd, indeed, on Wednesday.

Raptors home opener that night. Plus Game 2 of the World Series of Lovable Losers. A one-button channel hoppers delight. For the marginal audience, it's the night a lot of people will participate in making their fantasy league picks for Skate Canada which starts Thursday at the Hershey Centre. Its Gala Exhibition event skedded to collide with TFC's potential second playoff home game.

Is this how it feels to be an Argos fan?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by backbeat View Post
    personally i think TFC has lost the buzz/excitement over the many years.

over the past 2 seasons I agree MLSE has been trying to make amends and get it back

i think they should have kept the payoffs prices really low and promoted the hell out of it to get the crowds

take a loss for a season or two to get the attention back and the word of mouth and excitement happening again

it took the raptors and jays many, many seasons to get the excitement they now have - it'll take TFC a number of years as well
    Very well said. Maybe get your resume dusted off. I know several season ticket holders who didn't buy their playoff seats. Why? Because if they feel like going, they'll get cheap seats from anxious scalpers and sit where it suits them.