Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ouderwien View Post
    Another test coming up:

TFC vs. NER Friday June 23rd
    Argos vs. Ticats Sunday June 25th.
    Plus the Reds have their home leg of the V Cup vs. Montreal two days later on Tuesday June 27.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GabrielHurl View Post
    Looks fantastic...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Duelfuel View Post
    Looks fantastic...
    To each their own…

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't mean to piss on the festivities of a character win tonight, but tfc is not the next team to take the pitch. Argos play on it in less than 40 hours. Then tfc again 48 hours after that.
    It might rain Sunday....
    I will update this thread Sunday night after the game.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It did rain today but not during the game by the looks of things.

Best pic of the field after the game, so far, is from the north end zone (the standing room pit0.

BTW, the field was purposefully cut short before Friday's TFC game.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    It did rain today but not during the game by the looks of things.

Best pic of the field after the game, so far, is from the north end zone (the standing room pit0.

BTW, the field was purposefully cut short before Friday's TFC game.

Grass was in good shape today after the game. Thank god the rain that was on deck earlier did not actually happen.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Grass was in good shape today after the game. Thank god the rain that was on deck earlier did not actually happen.
    Ok ... so seriously, when do the Argo's finally fold? With what 5,000 in attendance today how much longer can this be sustained.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    Ok ... so seriously, when do the Argo's finally fold? With what 5,000 in attendance today how much longer can this be sustained.
    And with 5 K in attendance the Argos get multiple front page print, radio and tv coverage and TFC as a first place team with constantly over 25K at each game gets barely a mention- pathetic!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Half the coverage of the Argos was how bad the attendance was. Calm down, everyone knows they're barely alive. It's been interesting the last few months to see how many places I'm hearing about how good going to a TFC game is. The fact is, we don't have to sit and worry about the Argos any more than we have to worry about the Toronto Rock. We have one of, if not, the best live sports draws in the city and a bigger and bigger number of people recognize it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The pitch was perfect yesterday. Perhaps a little firmer than during the Argo exhibition game.

There were grounds people out at half time with pitch forks fixing divots, and by the end of the game the pitch seemed in better condition than after the argo exhibition game.

I plucked a blade of grass from one of the lines yesterday, and after rubbing it between my index finger and thumb about 2 or 3 times the blade was completely green. It appears the lines are some type of chalk or powder substance that easily comes off with some watering or perhaps even a leaf blower.

The field was again overall in perfect condition, a testament to the skilled grounds crew.

I have recurring shin splints, ankle and lower back issues and after running on the field for 3 hours I feel fine. Again kudos to the grounds crew!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There was 13,000 announced and probably close to that actually there.

How many made the drive from Hamilton...maybe 35-40%..I would guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by backbeat View Post
    And with 5 K in attendance the Argos get multiple front page print, radio and tv coverage and TFC as a first place team with constantly over 25K at each game gets barely a mention- pathetic!
    Remember when MLS signed a 5 year 200M deal with TSN? Oh wait that was the CFL.

TV is where the money comes from, so until that changes this will be how it goes.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Half the coverage of the Argos was how bad the attendance was. Calm down, everyone knows they're barely alive. It's been interesting the last few months to see how many places I'm hearing about how good going to a TFC game is. The fact is, we don't have to sit and worry about the Argos any more than we have to worry about the Toronto Rock. We have one of, if not, the best live sports draws in the city and a bigger and bigger number of people recognize it.
    https://www.thestar.com/sports/footb...ay-arthur.html

If I read this article right, Argos season tickets are at about 3500
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InDa_110 View Post

I have recurring shin splints, ankle and lower back issues and after running on the field for 3 hours I feel fine. Again kudos to the grounds crew!
    I'm assuming you aren't a player. Are you a ref or something?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At this point, it doesn't even matter how many people go to Argos games. This is a TV play for Bell and as long as TV ratings are strong, Bell will take a loss on the Argos and prop them up. The league is scared that if there isn't a team in Toronto, they will lose a lot of sponsors. If/when TV ratings dip and the CFL isn't a good financial investment for Bell, then the Argos are in big trouble because nobody will buy a team that can't draw fans and loses money every year.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InDa_110 View Post
    The pitch was perfect yesterday. Perhaps a little firmer than during the Argo exhibition game.

There were grounds people out at half time with pitch forks fixing divots, and by the end of the game the pitch seemed in better condition than after the argo exhibition game.

I plucked a blade of grass from one of the lines yesterday, and after rubbing it between my index finger and thumb about 2 or 3 times the blade was completely green. It appears the lines are some type of chalk or powder substance that easily comes off with some watering or perhaps even a leaf blower.

The field was again overall in perfect condition, a testament to the skilled grounds crew.

PUT it BACK!

Srsly tho thnx for the info man
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    https://www.thestar.com/sports/footb...ay-arthur.html

If I read this article right, Argos season tickets are at about 3500
    I read the article the same way. In fact, the interpretation I have is that it is under 3,500. That is utterly ludicrous. How is that even profitable?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blindside16 View Post
    I read the article the same way. In fact, the interpretation I have is that it is under 3,500. That is utterly ludicrous. How is that even profitable?
    It's not. TV is. For the league. The team takes a hit for the league to travel to Toronto. Not so strange since an entire league comes here from across the pond.

Whatever.

Until they are gone we watch the state of the blades of grass...
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 06-27-2017 at 09:22 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blindside16 View Post
    Weren't they at the same amount of SSH when they were in the Dome?..

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sn0re View Post
    MLSE doing MLSE things even when its only 2/3 of MLSE?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks great now with the summer weather – hopefully we don't get a repeat of last autumn during the play-offs.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I clapped them at the half with their weird 2 prong pitchforks...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is unreal the talent the grounds crew has. After this most recent stretch I no longer worry how the field will be. These guys are true professionals and deserve any cent they get and some.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sn0re View Post
    I remember hearing that in their hay day, the argos were between 15,000 to 20,000 SSH. Before they left the Dome that dropped to around 10,000 (+/- 1,000). To see that drop to below 5,000 SSH is mind boggling. For the home opener v.s. a heated rival they only managed 13,500??? We drew 15,000 + against Ottawa on a Wednesday night. I think the lowest turnout we have had for a home opener in our history was 18,000 and that was pre-renovation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watching the Argos game. If they have any dignity they should relocate to Lamport or Varsity. There can't be more than 9000 fans tonight. A small full stadium is much better for TV than this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They should move to Lamport at least the stadium will look full, this is embarrassing right now, but yet the Toronto Sun had over 4 pages of coverage on the Argos today and at least 2 pages of Argo coverage almost every day, yet TFC are lucky to get a page of coverage a few times a week, fucking joke for a team that gets 3 times more fans to games and TFC plays like 20 home games while the Argos have only like 9 home games at BMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TV money doesn't cover all their expenses. Gate revenue is what determines if they make a profit or not.

If Argos keep losing money and interest, then I could see LT throwing in the keys and ditch Argos in couple of years especially if there's no progress of NFL coming to Toronto.

While Bell would have to explain a lot to their shareholders of why owning Argos is a good idea.

End of the day, these two parties want to make money not lose money or break even.

Argos stock is going down like Blackberry and there's no sign of them returning to their glory days. As an investor, Argos are bad investment with very little upside. Zero franchise value, no profit and no interest in the market. At this point, we're witnessing a slow and painful death of Argos. BMO field was their last chance to turn things around, but it actually did opposite and made things worst for them.
    Last edited by TFC07; 07-01-2017 at 12:03 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TSN has been true to its word and uses virtual logos.

In the long run, grass will become an advantage to the Argos, especially on defence. Problem for the Argos is the turnover in the CFL is horrendous - usually 1/3 of the teams come and go between seasons and another 10% during the season. Gridiron is a sport where most positions only have a professional longevity of 5 years - the body breaks down and younger comes along that is now quicker. Hard to build up a group that sticks around and gets used to a home field advantage.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    Watching the Argos game. If they have any dignity they should relocate to Lamport or Varsity. There can't be more than 9000 fans tonight. A small full stadium is much better for TV than this.
    If they updated Lamport/Varsity and used BMO for big events I would be content. Personally, I'd love to see a Wolfpack/Argos/Toronto CPL ground share.