Page 14 of 44 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.tsn.ca/soccer/video/giovi...t-home~1014017

Gio and Jozy say it themselves on video.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post

I would take their word over anyone else's. It mean's the BMO groundscrew will have to look into a solution that will solve this.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently, our friend Kurt Larson think they are bullshitting.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Soccer Mum View Post
    Apparently, our friend Kurt Larson think they are bullshitting.
    "Our Friend" in quotes.

It wouldn't be Kurt if he didn't have an opinion, and if he didn't blast it out there quickly.

EDIT Just saw Kurt's tweets. He's off base. He just talks about the final. "Considering it snowed day of game and it's winter, I think the comments are bull."

But Seba mentioned that it's a condition that has built up over a couple of months. And the whole pitch maintenance regime has to be built around making the grass last, and being strong enough for CFL. That's not a one game thing.

I'll take Seba's & Altidore's word over Kurt's. Plus Seba made clear he's not making excuses for the results of the final. He was asked why he's had cramping and issues over a couple of games. He presented the pitch conditions as a possible explanation.

I'm sure management and the grounds crew will take everything into consideration. They have to replace the pitch completely anyway, after the hockey game. Maybe they can tweak some things for next year, make the pitch less "heavy."
    Last edited by Auzzy; 12-13-2016 at 12:58 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think its kinda whiny by the players TBH,its winter after a long season in the pouring rain v mtl and snow - 10 weather in the final.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You may have been bored before, but you've never been "Seba's translator" bored.

Attached Images Attached Images

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure what to think about the whole thing of Seba asking to come out. Seattle had a guy who took ten needles in the knee to play that game, and went the distance. At the same time, a heavy pitch can definitely be harder on your calves and quads. I don't know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    "Our Friend" in quotes.

It wouldn't be Kurt if he didn't have an opinion, and if he didn't blast it out there quickly.

EDIT Just saw Kurt's tweets. He's off base. He just talks about the final. "Considering it snowed day of game and it's winter, I think the comments are bull."

But Seba mentioned that it's a condition that has built up over a couple of months. And the whole pitch maintenance regime has to be built around making the grass last, and being strong enough for CFL. That's not a one game thing.

I'll take Seba's & Altidore's word over Kurt's. Plus Seba made clear he's not making excuses for the results of the final. He was asked why he's had cramping and issues over a couple of games. He presented the pitch conditions as a possible explanation.

I'm sure management and the grounds crew will take everything into consideration. They have to replace the pitch completely anyway, after the hockey game. Maybe they can tweak some things for next year, make the pitch less "heavy."
    Yes, in quotes.

He is the lousiest journo/tabloid writer I have ever come across.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Soccer Mum View Post
    Yes, in quotes.

He is the lousiest journo/tabloid writer I have ever come across.
    He generally takes the position he knows will get the most TFC fans pissed off at him and arguing with him on Twitter. As for his writing ability, the paper as a whole is aimed at a grade six and below reading comprehension level. That's all I'll say about that.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh god, effin' can of worms. Apparently the translation of Giovinco's words weren't so great to begin with. And things are being taken out of context & massively over-hyped.

Now CFL players are chiming in, awesome. Guys, there are about 12 minutes of active play in a pointy ball game, and there are a ton of subs. And you've got about 18 games in a whole CFL season? Giovinco was one of the most durable players in the whole league last year.

This is gonna be a shit show.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Something else to consider:

NFL & CFL players get a ton of pain medication, apparently more than many other sports. (But "pain management" & medication is a huge problem in many sports.) And a related fact: average career length of NFL players is 3.3 years; for CFL it's 3.2 years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we are so Canadian,we worry so much about what other people think,mlse spend alot of money on that pitch.give them a chance to work this out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This might be Giovinco's way of saying he wants out. His demeanor and play during the play-offs was quite different than that of the regular season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post

thanks for the link braj

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by A Stick View Post
    This might be Giovinco's way of saying he wants out. His demeanor and play during the play-offs was quite different than that of the regular season.
    Did you read the interviews, watch the videos etc? He says nothing of the sort. 'I have goals here that I want to achieve'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by A Stick View Post
    Sorry, but all due respect...there is nothing at all that suggests this would be the case. Everything he has said and done suggests the opposite.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red4ever View Post
    You may have been bored before, but you've never been "Seba's translator" bored.

I think he's just seen this thread and knew what was about to happen.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only saving grace for next year is the Grounds Crew will have more time in between Argo and TFC games than this past year (which was really compressed due to the final renos happening).

TFC will be March to November/December
    Argos will be August to November
    With no "Argos (5 days pass) TFC (4 days pass) Argos" stretches hopefully.
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, we at least know that the seats in BMO are in good shape since most of them were never used for Argos games.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^ or the MLS CUP. It was awesome to see the ENTIRE stadium on it's feet for the WHOLE GAME!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kurt Larson is by far the most positive TFC 'booster" of all the full time beat writers......Seba's comments were very poorly timed - sour grapes!

MLSE has spent literally millions on the field including heating the field and night time grow lamps

Has anybody seen the NFL fields in the northern part of North America at this time of year?

Especially for someone who had mediocre playoffs at best!

This should not have been addressed in public a couple months down the road or kept in house
    Loyal - Win, lose or draw!

Weston, Ontario

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loyal View Post
    Kurt Larson is by far the most positive TFC 'booster" of all the full time beat writers......Seba's comments were very poorly timed - sour grapes!

MLSE has spent literally millions on the field including heating the field and night time grow lamps

Has anybody seen the NFL fields in the northern part of North America at this time of year?

Especially for someone who had mediocre playoffs at best!

This should not have been addressed in public a couple months down the road or kept in house

it wasn't just Seba, it was Jozy as well and i completely disagree that it was sour grapes.

they have the full right to speak their minds about the surface they play on imo

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello, beautiful:

?

And how you doin' gorgeous?

Get 'Em Out By Friday!
    Last edited by greatwhitenorf; 12-13-2016 at 06:35 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by backbeat View Post
    it wasn't just Seba, it was Jozy as well and i completely disagree that it was sour grapes.

they have the full right to speak their minds about the surface they play on imo

There was a lot of green sand filling divots all over that pitch. It took its lumps during the Grey Cup, make no mistake.

Just because it looked good doesn't mean it was good to play on. Huge advantage for a team that played like Seattle played in the cup.

And that's after a season of weather and playing circumstances that can only be described as optimal-and-then-some. Not optimistic about conditions when the weather is worse or the Argos are better.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhitenorf View Post
    Hello, beautiful:

?

And how you doin' gorgeous?

Get 'Em Out By Friday!
    Lamport is not an option unless you don't have an issue running out into King Street. The footprint is just too small.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When players do this, it takes courage, they always get grief, so they especially need to know that we have their back at moments like this.

I remember Dero getting ripped for coming out against Fieldturf in 2007 (iirc Beckham went first, and Dero chimed in the next day). It chewed up acres of pages on these boards - what an ingrate he was, everyone knew Fieldturf was the future, etc.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never heard Giovinco complain or give excuses before this. He wouldn't say it if it wasn't true

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CFL players rip into Seba calling him weak, what a cheap shot.

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/12/13...ramping-excuse

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Lamport is not an option unless you don't have an issue running out into King Street. The footprint is just too small.
    Plenty of space. The amount of land to work with there is virtually equal to the area of BMO Field.

Anyway, doesn't need to be that big, does it?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhitenorf View Post
    Plenty of space. The amount of land to work with there is virtually equal to the area of BMO Field.

Anyway, doesn't need to be that big, does it?
    It has been looked at before, the space is just not there, the one end is basically the width of a few sidewalks from King Street. Then there is the Green P to the south. I just do not see the neighborhood being up for it. There was even some talk a few years back taking down the stands on the east side to open up some green space.