Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1288
  1. #1201
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    642
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The Argos haven’t even played on this grass yet, how are people blaming them?

    Last year was dumb to have TFC 2 play at BMO along with the Argos and TFC, they just over did it. Once they install the hybrid, the pitch wont be a problem anymore. The Argos only play 8 games at home, stop blaming them its pathetic.
    Last edited by Mikmacdo; 03-05-2019 at 11:51 AM.

  2. #1202
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    725
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    The Argos haven’t even play on this grass how are people blaming them?

    Last year was dumb to have TFC 2 play at BMO along with the Argos and TFC, they just over did it. Once they install the hybrid, the pitch wont be a problem anymore. The Argos only play 8 games at home, stop blaming them its pathetic.
    its the argos, they kill the middle of the field where the lineman are

  3. #1203
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    4,346
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Wasn't this new pitch laid after they Argos were done for the year?

    Certainly them on it doesn't help during the season but it's not their fault that it was a sandlot a week ago.

  4. #1204
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    659
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Wasn't this new pitch laid after they Argos were done for the year?

    Certainly them on it doesn't help during the season but it's not their fault that it was a sandlot a week ago.
    How's your lawn right now?

  5. #1205
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    642
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Wasn't this new pitch laid after they Argos were done for the year?

    Certainly them on it doesn't help during the season but it's not their fault that it was a sandlot a week ago.
    Finally someone with logic.

  6. #1206
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,436
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paul-collins View Post
    How's your lawn right now?
    Bit of salt on it, but virtually sandless.

  7. #1207
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    2,815
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Spurs did solve it by the way, but I don't think we'll be going the route of portable pitch we wheel in over the football field any time soon.
    Why not have a modular turf system you could overlay on top of the existing grass, like they used at Rayo OKC (RIP)?

  8. #1208
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    14,932
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    Why not have a modular turf system you could overlay on top of the existing grass, like they used at Rayo OKC (RIP)?
    Storage space

    If the Ex moves & 2026 includes a revamp of one of the spaces on the sides of BMO, doable. Otherwise, can't see it happening.

  9. #1209
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,449
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    The Argos haven’t even played on this grass yet, how are people blaming them?

    Last year was dumb to have TFC 2 play at BMO along with the Argos and TFC, they just over did it. Once they install the hybrid, the pitch wont be a problem anymore. The Argos only play 8 games at home, stop blaming them its pathetic.
    Seriously? Cmon, at least read the posts before spouting off like this.

    The Argos presence here prevent us from installing desso, the one surface that works in the cold, because desso is a horror show for multi-use, and will break down once the Argos start playing. Desso only works long term when the pitch is soccer only.
    Last edited by ensco; 03-05-2019 at 01:38 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

  10. #1210
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Mississauga | Section 221
    Posts
    353
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Seriously? Cmon, at least read the posts before spouting off like this.

    The Argos presence here prevent us from installing desso, the one surface that works in the cold, because desso is a horror show for multi-use, and will break down once the Argos start playing. Desso only works long term when the pitch is soccer only.
    I know that we are installing SISGrass (apparently Celtic, Chelsea, Barca uses them), what is the difference between SISGrass and desso?

  11. #1211
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Niagara Falls
    Posts
    2,623
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Wasn't this new pitch laid after they Argos were done for the year?

    Certainly them on it doesn't help during the season but it's not their fault that it was a sandlot a week ago.
    Argos Play from June to November. The New Sod was laid in May. The Pitch was bad most of last year and so ya the Argos are at fault if they weren't on it then you wouldn't have the wear and tear form their play, the change of the paint and the pitch is in a better condition at the end of the year.

    That doesn't mean the Grounds Crew aren't at fault for not doing way way way better as I can't understand why it wasn't in better shape with the heating system and the grow lights. I don't recall any articles about people in liberty village bitching about the grow lights like they have in years past. Which may mean that either MLSE doesn't care and won't pay the grounds grew to keep the pitch right, The grounds crew screwed up, or the new pitch was damaged heavily last year.

    So yes the Argos played a role in this.

  12. #1212
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    14,932
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    They ripped up the pitch in November.

    Installed a new one with the understanding that the weaving would take place in May (guess it needs to grow a bit).

    So, yes, we have a new pitch & no its not yet what it will be & yes they are responsible for growing a decent one soon because we are going to play 5 home games between now & the end of April.

  13. #1213
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    642
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    Argos Play from June to November. The New Sod was laid in May. The Pitch was bad most of last year and so ya the Argos are at fault if they weren't on it then you wouldn't have the wear and tear form their play, the change of the paint and the pitch is in a better condition at the end of the year.

    That doesn't mean the Grounds Crew aren't at fault for not doing way way way better as I can't understand why it wasn't in better shape with the heating system and the grow lights. I don't recall any articles about people in liberty village bitching about the grow lights like they have in years past. Which may mean that either MLSE doesn't care and won't pay the grounds grew to keep the pitch right, The grounds crew screwed up, or the new pitch was damaged heavily last year.

    So yes the Argos played a role in this.
    It's a new pitch from last November. Why didn't they put in this desso grass before the Argos moved in two years ago? People need to stop bitching about the Argos. They play like two games at home a month, it shouldn't be a problem.

  14. #1214
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Niagara Falls
    Posts
    2,623
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    It's a new pitch from last November. Why didn't they put in this desso grass before the Argos moved in two years ago? People need to stop bitching about the Argos. They play like two games at home a month, it shouldn't be a problem.
    Because it is a long expensive process and there was no way to know what kind of damage the Agros would do. If they damage Desso it is not easy to repair. That has been mentioned in other posts. I just went back to see. The team disgusted me so bad end of last season I didn't watch anything and so I missed that they changed the pitch last November. If Manning was being truthful in October and the pitch was indeed ripped up and changed out in the off season.. I think it is very obvious why the crew was fired. (if that is indeed what happened)

  15. #1215
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    4,346
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paul-collins View Post
    How's your lawn right now?
    I clear a 10x10 area in the back so my dogs have some room to do their stuff and the grass is fine. Ground is as hard as cement but when the dogs or me run there's no sand flying all around.
    Last edited by Ultra & Proud; 03-05-2019 at 03:56 PM.

  16. #1216
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Section 105
    Posts
    365
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    . I think it is very obvious why the crew was fired. (if that is indeed what happened)
    No indication anyone was fired. The head keeper moved up (to where I don't know), the others we have no info on.

  17. #1217
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northwest Territories (Section 226)
    Posts
    6,780
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Lots of incomplete and/or false info floating around in here...

  18. #1218
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    14,932
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Lots of incomplete and/or false info floating around in here...

    Well could call this the BMO Field Pitch Speculation Thread....



    Its the internet - incomplete & false info is all we got - if we were journalists, we'd be watching Real Madrid lose and get paid for it.

  19. #1219
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    659
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    For what it's worth, many of the lower level positions were being advertised on twitter similarly, back in mid December.

  20. #1220
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    659
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I clear a 10x10 area in the back so my dogs have some room to do their stuff and the grass is fine. Ground is as hard as cement but when the dogs or me run there's no sand flying all around.
    I do the same, but of course I didn't rip it up and place a whole new substrate and sod in November.

  21. #1221
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    250
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    The Argos haven’t even played on this grass yet, how are people blaming them?

    Last year was dumb to have TFC 2 play at BMO along with the Argos and TFC, they just over did it. Once they install the hybrid, the pitch wont be a problem anymore. The Argos only play 8 games at home, stop blaming them its pathetic.
    For some odd reason they have TFC 11 scheduled to play all of their games at BMO this year. I thought they were suppose to play at Downsview?

  22. #1222
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,509
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sn0re View Post
    I know that we are installing SISGrass (apparently Celtic, Chelsea, Barca uses them), what is the difference between SISGrass and desso?
    Nothing really.


    https://www.cp24.com/sports/after-mo...face-1.4136594

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFaD0jUe5LA

  23. #1223
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Taiwan
    Posts
    4,570
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    For some odd reason they have TFC 11 scheduled to play all of their games at BMO this year. I thought they were suppose to play at Downsview?
    According to the TFC II website, some of the games are listed as being at Downsview, while others are still apparently TBD. But nowhere does it mention BMO Field:

    https://www.torontofc.ca/tfcii/schedule

  24. #1224
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    250
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    According to the TFC II website, some of the games are listed as being at Downsview, while others are still apparently TBD. But nowhere does it mention BMO Field:

    https://www.torontofc.ca/tfcii/schedule
    From the USL League One website. https://slleagueone.com/toronto-fc-ii-schedulewww.u

  25. #1225
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,509
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    This is the working link. https://www.uslleagueone.com/toronto-fc-ii-schedule

    I wouldn't worry about it. Somebody at the league office has obviously got it wrong!

  26. #1226
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Section 105
    Posts
    365
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The field last night was night and day better than during the CCL game.

    fantastic grass for a place that has been mostly below zero for the last month.

  27. #1227
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    289
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Section_105 View Post
    The field last night was night and day better than during the CCL game.

    fantastic grass for a place that has been mostly below zero for the last month.
    Agreed. The pitch looked decent compared to the sandy beach for CCL.

  28. #1228
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    850
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The pitch last night was miles better than what we saw weeks ago against Panama. Funny what a little warmth, water, sunshine and patience can do with grass.

  29. #1229
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    116
    Posts
    2,621
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The pitch certainly looked very good. Astoundingly good given how dire it seemed 12 days ago.

    Any indication from the players on how it played?

    Anyone know when they were planning to sew in the hybrid fibres? I thought the plan was during the international break - which is now.

  30. #1230
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mississauga / Sec. 111
    Posts
    1,396
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    The pitch certainly looked very good. Astoundingly good given how dire it seemed 12 days ago.

    Any indication from the players on how it played?

    Anyone know when they were planning to sew in the hybrid fibres? I thought the plan was during the international break - which is now.
    In April.

    Looking at the schedule, it should be between the April 6th and April 19th games the fibres get sewn in.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •