Page 28 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BelfastBoy View Post
    Argos pre-season home game is yet to be scheduled also. Would be some time in June presumably. Maybe they can play it at Lamport ..
    Lamport is out as you simply can't fit a Canadian field there. Now they could go to Varsity as they did under the previous ownership but I am not sure MLSE would like the optics of that at all, playing in a 5K stadium. With it being a Ottawa at Toronto match-up, they could also have the Red Blacks play host if it truly was going to get in the way of the field replacement.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Argos pre-season home game is yet to be scheduled also. Would be some time in June presumably. Maybe they can play it at Lamport ..
    I believe Lamport's turf replacement won't be completed until the end of June.

http://torontosun.com/sports/other-s...um-renovations

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by benito View Post
    I believe Lamport's turf replacement won't be completed until the end of June.

http://torontosun.com/sports/other-s...um-renovations
    When does it begin? I mean, it's got a bubble and people play rec sports at Lamport currently.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Should be soon if the Wolfpack are planning to play there on May 5th

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_T...8_Championship
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    When does it begin? I mean, it's got a bubble and people play rec sports at Lamport currently.

According to the City of Toronto website, the replacement begins in spring 2018 with anticipated completion by end of June 2018.

https://www.toronto.ca/data/parks/pr...314/index.html

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The pitch is already looking better, with two weeks of rest still to come. Next event is TFC vs. RSL on Good Friday.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

World Cup Bid Book is out. http://resources.fifa.com/image/uplo...7dadt5erw26wmu

BMO Field with a projected 45,500 capacity for the tournament.

The stadium currently has a capacity of28,560, with continued infrastructure andamenity upgrades planned prior to 2026. Aplanned expansion to accommodate additionalseating and amenities enable a capacityincrease to over 45,000 to accommodatethe requirements of the tournament.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    World Cup Bid Book is out. http://resources.fifa.com/image/uplo...7dadt5erw26wmu

BMO Field with a projected 45,500 capacity for the tournament.
    Very nice! I feel like BMO field could become premier outdoor stadium in Canada if they increase seating capacity. Plus, this means Toronto can host major events in the future.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love this optimism. I just think of big half empty stadiums most of the rest of the time.

But this isn't about the pitch. Glad the boys have kept off the grass to heal it up for the big match next Wednesday.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would think an 45500 capacity for the world cup would include permanent and temporary seats.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    I love this optimism. I just think of big half empty stadiums most of the rest of the time.

But this isn't about the pitch. Glad the boys have kept off the grass to heal it up for the big match next Wednesday.
    People were saying same thing when MLSE added 10000 seats couple of years back. I think adding another 10,000 permanent seats and 5500 temporary seats isn't huge stretch here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well we know that BMO Field has been expanded to 36,000 for the MLS Cup final, and I believe that was without the North stand. That’s another 1,000. So I can see BMO Field being expanded by another 7,000, making capacity 37,000 when we don’t have extensions. I think TFC can sell out most games at 35,000, so couple extra thousand shouldn’t scare them.

RPB Member
    Vice-President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we win, they will come in droves. If we lose, there will be crickets in the stands. This is the truth to all of Toronto sports. I remember going to the Defoe/Bradley unveiling at Real Sports and Big Tim gave us tickets to the Raptors game. There were a couple of MLSE staffers with stacks of tickets for the game. I understand it is harder to get tix now that they are successful.
    Road Games:
    2013 - Montréal , 2014 - Orlando (Disney Classic), Montréal
    2015 - Columbus, New England, Montréal
    2016 - NYCFC (Leg 2 Conference Semis), Montréal (Leg 1 Conference Final)
    2017 - Ottawa (Leg 1 Canadian Championship Semi), DCU, Red Bulls (Leg 1 Conference Final), Columbus (Leg 2 Conference Final)
    2019 - Montréal, NYCFC (Eastern Conference Semi @ Citi Field), Seattle (MLS Cup Final)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

45 000 is a lot to get to with our current set up. Corners would need to be filled and they'd have to do something with the food building.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Argoz pre-season game (June 7) is being played in Guelph - so one less game of wear and tear on the field.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    45 000 is a lot to get to with our current set up. Corners would need to be filled and they'd have to do something with the food building.
    Centennial Classic got just under 41k into BMO.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Argoz pre-season game (June 7) is being played in Guelph - so one less game of wear and tear on the field.
    This is good news

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by benito View Post
    According to the City of Toronto website, the replacement begins in spring 2018 with anticipated completion by end of June 2018.
    http://www.toronto.ca/data/parks/prd/facilities/complex/314/index.html
    http://www.torontofc.ca/post/2018/01...18-home-venues
    Lamport Stadium will be undergoing renovations and is slated to be ready for USL play in late August.
    I don't understand why it would be finished for rugby by the end of June, but not for TFC II until late August. It's only the last three TFC II home games against Atlanta, Oughta-wah, and Louisville that are at Lamport.
    Last edited by Heepster; 03-27-2018 at 12:30 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Heepster View Post
    http://www.torontofc.ca/post/2018/01...18-home-venuesI don't understand why it would be finished for rugby by the end of June, but not for TFC II until late August. It's only the last three TFC II home games against Atlanta, Oughta-wah, and Louisville that are at Lamport.
    Are there schedule conflicts between the Wolfpack and TFC2 during that interim period?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Heepster View Post
    http://www.torontofc.ca/post/2018/01...18-home-venuesI don't understand why it would be finished for rugby by the end of June, but not for TFC II until late August. It's only the last three TFC II home games against Atlanta, Oughta-wah, and Louisville that are at Lamport.
    Wolfpack's first game at Lamport is scheduled for May 5. Lamport has heavy rec use, the Toronto Sport and Social Club already had the field booked quite a bit when
    TFC2 schedule came out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BMO is becoming a poorly designed pitch compared to some of the new ones that are being built.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Article 7: Administrators and Moderators
    The Administrators and Moderators are here to make your experience at the Red Patch Boys Forums an enjoyable one. They are here to make sure the rules are followed. Any comments towards the Forum Moderators or Administrators that suggest hate, contempt or any other form of abuse will not be tolerated and the offending member will be banned immediately and even expelled if the offense repeats itself.

-Jack
    Last edited by Jack; 03-29-2018 at 08:46 AM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess no one told you quoting yourself was gauche?

Did you have anything you wanted to say about the pitch?

Again, if you have an issue you can pm mods about it instead of posting past discussions.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 03-28-2018 at 05:12 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One can discuss the effect of Argos games, TFC2 games, lacrosse games, etc. on the pitch. That includes scheduling. What's off topic here is Argos attendance and broadcast numbers, TFC2 attendance, lacrosse attendance, etc. or any issues not related to the pitch. There are other areas of the board to discuss non pitch issues. Keep it on pitch issues ONLY and the post is ok.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With the TFCII home opener on Saturday postponed, with suggestion it’s because of maintaining the pitch for Friday and Tuesday. Hope this does not become an issue especially with the weather expected over the next couple days?

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    irregardless
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBTFC View Post
    So I guess rules only apply to a select few?

The rules apply to everyone and now they apply to you. Moderation is not a subject for discussion in threads.

http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/faq.php
    Article 7: Administrators and Moderators
    The Administrators and Moderators are here to make your experience at the Red Patch Boys Forums an enjoyable one. They are here to make sure the rules are followed. Any comments towards the Forum Moderators or Administrators that suggest hate, contempt or any other form of abuse will not be tolerated and the offending member will be banned immediately and even expelled if the offense repeats itself.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dreaddogs View Post
    BMO is becoming a poorly designed pitch compared to some of the new ones that are being built.
    It was built on the cheap and didn’t compare well with other SSSs right from the start.

I went to Toyota Park in Chicago in 2007 and could not believe the difference in gameday experience, amenities etc.

They made things a bit better in the 2015-16 reno, but it will always be a meccano set stadium.

But I'm fine. It's an SSS with the two things I care about, grass and good sightlines.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    It was built on the cheap and didn’t compare well with other SSSs right from the start.

I went to Toyota Park in Chicago in 2007 and could not believe the difference in gameday experience, amenities etc.

They made things a bit better in the 2015-16 reno, but it will always be a meccano set stadium.

But I'm fine. It's an SSS with the two things I care about, grass and good sightlines.

What does Toyota have that BMO doesn't?

I went to the San Jose earthquakes stadium - not great. Their concession area is this open field - within the stadium grounds - and it's all food trucks.
    We went to a match when it was raining - not a good experience at all. Sight lines and general feel are similar to Stad Saputo (aka Stad Craputo) - small market.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    What does Toyota have that BMO doesn't?

I went to the San Jose earthquakes stadium - not great. Their concession area is this open field - within the stadium grounds - and it's all food trucks.
    We went to a match when it was raining - not a good experience at all. Sight lines and general feel are similar to Stad Saputo (aka Stad Craputo) - small market.
    Toyota Park has a flow I enjoyed getting in very near kickoff and then at half getting to facilities AND a pint.

BUT

Their PITCH has been sub par in the past few years. Nowadays they share with a womens team AND a gridiron and lacrosse league.

No wonder. Bullshit groundshare on Kentucky Bluegrass. Shame. It was beautiful for a time.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 03-29-2018 at 10:04 AM.