Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    That was Baboulli who did the one that led to the DCU goal. My point was he's hardly had the creativity pulled out of him if he's trying that stuff all game. Baboulli had a decent game I thought - but he overcooks the creative stuff sometimes.
    Ah, ok.

I agree on Baboulli. He may never be a finisher but he looks confident on the ball. I prefer to JHams overall but JHams does score occasionally. Hopefully Moe may do so in the future. I'd love to see him stick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    Mo can play wing or 3rd fwd, Hamilton isnt as dynamic but did some good work in the corners last game that tells me there more in him that can be drawn out.

Endoh hasnt shown anything in a long long time
    Right, But as Og said, Endoh has played as a shuttler or under the strikers all season. Neither Hamilton or Babouli can play there. They aren't on the same depth charts. They all have talent and I want them all to get minutes, it's just not a one or the other scenario. Endoh is fighting for minutes with Chapman/Delgado/Oso/Johnson/Cooper/Lovitz not Hamilton, Babouli, Ricketts etc.

You'll notice that Endoh is way down the depth chart now when everyone's healthy. He's behind all those guys I mentioned with the exception of Lovitz, probably. He's had to play a lot due to injuries and a lack of depth earlier in the season. He hasn't played that much over the second half of the season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by khso11 View Post
    How did Vanney and other "leaders" like MB not see this? Let alone, how does it take Cooper 8 games to actually get a start amazes me? Sign him already, versatile, amazing dribbler, great vision, midfield maestro, engine, not scare to shoot, this guy is the real deal.
    I wonder if it could be that they have tried, but his home club wants him back at the end of the season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    I wonder if it could be that they have tried, but his home club wants him back at the end of the season.
    I believe that part of the delay in getting him here in the first place was that his team was unwilling to commit to the MLS requirement that any loan deal contain a purchase clause but eventually it happened, he's here which means TFC can purchase him from his Panamanian club.

As to why it took so long to get him in the line-up, your guess is as good as mine. He's fabulous!
    Last edited by Blizzard; 10-03-2016 at 12:46 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I haven't posted in a while but I can't hold back anymore. Is anybody else concerned with the missed calls and the fact that it's going to get worse in the playoffs? The second DC goal was CLEARLY offside and the assistant was in perfect position to see it, but didn't make the call.

Anyone else scared like me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadlocks View Post
    So I haven't posted in a while but I can't hold back anymore. Is anybody else concerned with the missed calls and the fact that it's going to get worse in the playoffs? The second DC goal was CLEARLY offside and the assistant was in perfect position to see it, but didn't make the call.

its MLS, the PRO is shit

we would be better off importing CONCACAF officials that they have for CMNT and CCL games

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The linesmen in this league are literally part timers. I don't care if they come from PRO or the moon, you get what you pay for.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am reserving judgment on Cooper. You could find pages of posts in the archives here on Rohan Ricketts (a guy Cooper reminds me of, a lot), declaring him the second coming, after two games.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember thinking Alvaro Rey was going to be our savior. Still like what I've seen from Cooper, but need to give it more time to see how he pans out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm scared that Montreal is only five points behind us with two games left!

Now, regarding the Neagle goal, I'd agree with you on the offside if I could but it's damned close. Here is the still of the pass. This is the last touch as it leaves the foot. It's really, really close and I really wouldn't expect an Asst to call this as offside. It's certainly not "obvious" as such. There is a slight suspicion but I don't think this could be called definitive.

[IMG][/IMG]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I am reserving judgment on Cooper. You could find pages of posts in the archives here on Rohan Ricketts (a guy Cooper reminds me of, a lot), declaring him the second coming, after two games.
    The difference is Cooper's technical abilities and play making judgement is different from Ricketts. A better comparison of Cooper would be Guevara....which actually is one of TFC’s best midfielders in my opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hulkrogan View Post
    I remember thinking Alvaro Rey was going to be our savior. Still like what I've seen from Cooper, but need to give it more time to see how he pans out.
    I still believe Rey would be a good player under our current system, he's just not the type of player that can play under Nelsen's ideology.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They just destroyed that guy's confidence bringing him in and out of the lineup before nailing him to the bench in perpetuity.

He clearly had some skill. Needed to be coached into the system rather than chastised at every turn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post

Now, regarding the Neagle goal, I'd agree with you on the offside if I could but it's damned close. Here is the still of the pass. This is the last touch as it leaves the foot. It's really, really close and I really wouldn't expect an Asst to call this as offside. It's certainly not "obvious" as such. There is a slight suspicion but I don't think this could be called definitive.

[IMG][/IMG]
    From the TV angle that was in-line with the back four it looked onside. Both goals did IMO. Not sure where all this chatter came from.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lots of stuff from this game starting 3:45 mark. You make the calls
    Last edited by Yohan; 10-03-2016 at 07:39 PM.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[IMG][/IMG]
    If it's that close in which u can't definitively say on a replay or still image than its not offside. We're talking about hairs or a limb. Id personally rather give those situations to the benefit of the attacker rather than the defender.
    Last edited by DinamoTFC; 10-04-2016 at 12:55 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From 221, Neagle spent 5 seconds dancing long that line - we all saw it. His movement drew your eye.

He was offside.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone remember that Altidore won that game in Orlando a few weeks ago with a goal that was 100x more "obviously offside" than this one?
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Does anyone remember that Altidore won that game in Orlando a few weeks ago with a goal that was 100x more "obviously offside" than this one?
    I think it should be noted and talked about every time it happens.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was indeed very close, almost too close to expect the assistant to see it. From my view in 110 I saw him dancing the line too and it looked pretty obvious that he was off at the time. Equal/inline with the defender is defined as off-side, I believe.

Anyway, the larger point I'm trying to make is about the officiating in the playoffs. I don't fully believe in all of the conspiracy theories on how the major leagues don't want to see a Canadian team win a championship. However, some do believe that the straw that broke the back of the old NASL was when a non-American, ethnically named team won the cup - Toronto Metro-Croatia. This was not the sole or even a major reason why the league folded but some do believe that it was definitely a factor.

With all off the wink, wink, nudge, nudge stuff that goes on in this completely non-transparent league, I could see some not wanting Toronto, Vancouver or Montreal to win the MLS cup (not for a few more years at least) and doing whatever they thought they needed to do to prevent it.

I'm concerned.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESPN is covering Toronto vs Montreal in a couple of weeks when they could have covered any other game in the East including NYCFC @ DCU.

If they really hated Canadian teams in the playoffs, they wouldn't cover that game at all.

We bring spectacle - they like Montreal and Toronto and Portland for a reason.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was indeed very close, almost too close to expect the assistant to see it. From my view in 110 I saw him dancing the line too and it looked pretty obvious that he was off at the time. Equal/inline with the defender is defined as off-side, I believe.
    FIFA changed that rule many years ago. Even is on-side.

Not saying that necessarily applies here. However there's a better viewing angle available within the highlight of this goal on mlssoccer.com . It's not perfectly in-line either, so you have to imagine the straight lines across the field. But a much better angle than the one above.

I paused & looked at that one many times. It depends on when exactly you consider the ball to have left the foot on the pass. Definitely close enough that it's not worth getting upset either way. No need to bash MLS officials on this one, there are much worse calls to get worked up about. And obviously the defence has to play in a way that doesn't depend on millimetre-exact calls from the officials.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, even is on-side.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    From 221, Neagle spent 5 seconds dancing long that line - we all saw it. His movement drew your eye.

He was offside.
    There's nothing illegal about that. When the ball was passed forward, he was even with the defender. NOT offside.
    Last edited by Blizzard; 10-05-2016 at 07:21 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, even is on-side.
    This, and it is usually usual to give the atacking player the advantage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

man, look how high up that D is in relation to where the ball is.

what was going on in their heads?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya, they fell asleep.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vanney noted that after the game - he was not pleased.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Looks like they were playing the trap. Got burned on that one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's nothing illegal about that. When the ball was passed forward, he was even with the defender. NOT offside.
    Unless he came back from an offside position while "dancing" along the line.