Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    TBH, until the red, even though we had more possession/chances, we weren't dominant, and Larin probably had the single best chance of anyone.

Kaka had several moments that were alone worth the price of admission. Man, if he had any support...

It was a beautiful night to be outside and enjoy a game.
    he so much bigger in real life than I remember him to be when he played in Italy. Dude is a big boy with quick feet

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBTFC View Post
    Well clearly I'm not the only one who feels this way, judging from the comments on this Reddit thread.

https://m.reddit.com/r/MLS/comments/...tras_used_for/
    When the FO wants to sanction all people in a section for the actions of unaffiliated members, it's a concern. When the FO wants us to be responsible for things like that offensive banner when their own security didn't check the banner, it's a concern. RPB are committed to cooperating and we have a code of conduct for our members, but we don't have 100% occupancy in our section. If someone does something dumb in our section we get sanctioned? That is not something I can agree with.

Anyway, if you would like more detail on the situation, ask the current group leadership. Mocking supporters groups on a supporters group message board is not cool. I am ok with criticism, but not with mockery. There is a difference and I'm sure you know that.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    And there are starving kids in Africa, so I shouldn't complain if I get a hair in my food at a restaurant. And people are dying somewhere else of some terrible disease, so I should suck it up when I have a cold. The refugees have lived through hardship and had a good time at a match. Great story. The supporters have a disagreement with the front office and are trying to make a point. Different story. One has nothing to do with the other.
    Thank you.

I think this team lacks an elite offensive talent that naturally plays in the midfield. What we have currently is pretty damn inconsistent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When the FO wants to sanction all people in a section for the actions of unaffiliated members, it's a concern. When the FO wants us to be responsible for things like that offensive banner when their own security didn't check the banner, it's a concern. RPB are committed to cooperating and we have a code of conduct for our members, but we don't have 100% occupancy in our section. If someone does something dumb in our section we get sanctioned? That is not something I can agree with.

Anyway, if you would like more detail on the situation, ask the current group leadership. Mocking supporters groups on a supporters group message board is not cool. I am ok with criticism, but not with mockery. There is a difference and I'm sure you know that.
    I agreed with the protest but I think some notice like that banner in SJ was needed. Alot of people were confused / bored / or just thought it was the result of a boring game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought they did ok in the first half and created a few chances. Ricketts and Altidore didn't combine well up front, too often they were only a couple of feet away from each other and it showed they hadn't played much together before.
    Second half was awful, couldn't string 2 passes together and created nothing.
    For me it was a second yellow card for Ricketts whether he made contact or not, it's dangerous play, end of.
    6 dropped points in last 3 home games isn't how you want to be playing at this time of year, however if anyone had told us that we would be top of the East with 3 games to go we would of taken it!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty74 View Post
    I thought they did ok in the first half and created a few chances. Ricketts and Altidore didn't combine well up front, too often they were only a couple of feet away from each other and it showed they hadn't played much together before.
    Second half was awful, couldn't string 2 passes together and created nothing.
    For me it was a second yellow card for Ricketts whether he made contact or not, it's dangerous play, end of.
    6 dropped points in last 3 home games isn't how you want to be playing at this time of year, however if anyone had told us that we would be top of the East with 3 games to go we would of taken it!
    Agree with this take 100%.

In the microcosm of last nights game ... mediocre performance.

In the larger scheme of things specific to the home stand thus far ... good instances of play, but disappointing end results.

And in the largest view of the entire season ... HOLY MACKIAW! (To borrow a phrase from a Toronto sports broadcaster) we are first in the East!
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Almost had a second Will Johnson wonder strike....that would have been something. Morrow's new zest for offensive production was fun to watch all game long. Altidore looked gassed around the 70th minute and Ricketts getting the second yellow leaving Jozy up front on his own when he was gassed kind of solidified that we would basically be going for the 0-0 tie. Too bad. Game had potential. On to DC game on Saturday.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A game we seemed to lose 2 points on but I can't help but feel like the team knows they are an elite team and needs momentum to wreck havoc again. I appreciated the stats about Portland last year, we are scorned Toronto supporters, I understand why it is so easy to lose hope.

This team needs its supporters to get behind them and urge them forward, heroes will come from unlikely sources (huge saves from Bono last night are ignored, 22 yr old is playing fantastic); we need to dig in and enjoy top of the East and another season with play offs.

Criticism can come end of the year with how we finish; then we look to build.
    Tune into the Official Red Patch Boys Podcast on Spotify and Apple Music.

https://open.spotify.com/show/09Tk3GUscsd2ca1wl4mao1?si=vr_u5SdqRvm4HMqKYBE1wQ&d l_branch=1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cmillar View Post
    This team needs its supporters to get behind them and urge them forward, heroes will come from unlikely sources (huge saves from Bono last night are ignored, 22 yr old is playing fantastic); we need to dig in and enjoy top of the East and another season with play offs.
    Not too sure if you watched the same game I did last night, Bono gaped yesterday. He almost conceded 2 goals, on simple mistakes, like rushing Kaka outside of the box and missing the clearance for one... Some of his outings have been fantastic, for sure, but he has made some 22 yr old mistakes. He still has a lot to learn and grow, wouldn't give him a "hero" title yet....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And there are starving kids in Africa, so I shouldn't complain if I get a hair in my food at a restaurant. And people are dying somewhere else of some terrible disease, so I should suck it up when I have a cold. The refugees have lived through hardship and had a good time at a match. Great story. The supporters have a disagreement with the front office and are trying to make a point. Different story. One has nothing to do with the other.
    Do you know how much time and effort the supporters put into that atmosphere? How much if their lives and their time? And then look at how heavily TFC uses the support to market this team. All the time.

Maybe you shouldn't be so quick to mock them.
    pretty good posts....well said Jack.....of course someone, somewhere is going to have it worse than we do here.....I don't get how that means we can't be upset about things in our lives that affect us....

unfortunate to not get the win yesterday, but top of the East is a-ok for me.....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just wanted to sidebar from the whole what-have-you to say that specifically in the first half, our drumming has never been better. Going hard and then backing off to let the claps came through at the top really well.

Cheers to Renda (I think). Just perfect pacing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with this. I reject the notion that I have to temper all facets of my life because other people have it worse. What kind of society has this become that this is a mindset. It's off topic sure, but let's get real. This is our world and things like what's going on with the team and supporters matter to a lot of us and to dismiss or mock the feelings of those people based on a certain perspective is something I am not willing to entertain.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think 2 wins out of the next 3 will get first in the east. So just winning our two home games should be enough, although that's obviously been a problem lately. If Giovinco comes back, we should probably be ok. In terms of our hopes for the cup, I think we need to finish ahead of LA. They are really tough at home. The rest are somewhat beatable (except maybe Colorado but I really don't think Colorado makes a run for some reason). If we can finish first in the east and say third overall I think we're in a good position. The good news is we have that in our hands without having to rely on other teams.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vanney and team confused by quiet in stadium , said they thrive on the cheering . Nice to see the team we supposedly support is caught in the middle of the SG ego check . Remember probably many of the players don't like their Mgmt also . We want cheap seats , control of who sits where , but zero responsibility . Tail wagging dog . Many in the crowd felt this was a chance for RPB to nonpolitical and simply cheer and be true team supporters . Apparently not . We failed to establish our independence as a group with more rational accommodating values , by putting the team first . I didn't stay in this group to be led by another groups self imposed problems . Where was the question raised ? The main thread was maddenly closed . A major reputation hit to ALL. SG's happened yesterday . The one I belong to , let me down .
    Last edited by jazzy; 09-29-2016 at 01:28 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And there are starving kids in Africa.................
    Yes, I know. As I said, its complicated. I just found the juxtaposition of the two approaches to involvement in the game stark in its contrast.

Regardless, I'm done with this. Pax and here's to a resolution.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    Banned and team confused by quiet in stadium , said they thrive on the cheering . Nice to see the team we supposedly support is caught in the middle of the SG ego check . Remember probably many of the players don't like their Mgmt also . We want cheap seats , control of who sits where , but zero responsibility . Tail wagging dog . Many in the crowd felt this was a chance for ROB to be nonpolital and simply cheer and be true team supporters . Apparently not . We failed to establish our independence as a group with more rational accommodating values by putting the team first . I didn't stay in this group to be led by another groups self imposed problems . Where was the question raised ? The main thread was maddenly closed . A major reputation hit to ALL. SG's happened yesterday . The one I belong to , let me down .
    sorry just to clarify its not 0 responsibility it's that groups only want to be responsible for group members to an extent, we are still not security. Groups don't want to be responsible for bob the tourist who gets overserved and starts a fight.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banned and team confused by quiet in stadium , said they thrive on the cheering . Nice to see the team we supposedly support is caught in the middle of the SG ego check . Remember probably many of the players don't like their Mgmt also . We want cheap seats , control of who sits where , but zero responsibility . Tail wagging dog . Many in the crowd felt this was a chance for ROB to be nonpolital and simply cheer and be true team supporters . Apparently not . We failed to establish our independence as a group with more rational accommodating values by putting the team first . I didn't stay in this group to be led by another groups self imposed problems . Where was the question raised ? The main thread was maddenly closed . A major reputation hit to ALL. SG's happened yesterday . The one I belong to , let me down .
    I get your frustration as a supporter of the team but what happened to Ineebs has long term implications for all groups and it's wrong.

I am glad we showed unity and I would like to believe they would do the same for us.

Timing of all of this couldn't be worse but the SG's didn't pick the time.

The front office needs to back off these silly demands and open up constructive dialogue to get past this.
    RPB Road Warrior. DC United 9/29/07, Columbus Chaos 3/25/08, DC Rumble 5/24/08, Montreal Madness 5/27/08, Chicago 7/12/08, Kansas City Opener 3/21/09, Columbus Smoke 3/28/09, Boston Bus Bounce 8/1/09, Montreal 1000 4/7/12 Montreal 3200 3/16/2013 Columbus Bus Breakdown 3/21/15, Montreal Playoffs 10/29/15, Montreal Opener 04/23/16, Montreal East Final 11/22/16, Chicago 08/19/17, NY Semi-Final 10/30/17, Columbus East Final 11/21/17, Montreal "Dichio Lives" 3/17/18

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This was one of my issues when I was still a member, the section should be RPB only, or at least a clear portion of the section should be RPB only, and the tickets should be available only through the RPB. We had members forced to sit all over the stadium while 112 was filled with non RPB there for the party.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    This was one of my issues when I was still a member, the section should be RPB only, or at least a clear portion of the section should be RPB only, and the tickets should be available only through the RPB. We had members forced to sit all over the stadium while 112 was filled with non RPB there for the party.
    Problem is MLSE doesn't have the balls to relocate non-members

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    Wouldn't want to push out the scalpers and stop them from getting max profit!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's the status of actually working this out?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    In my opinion there are only two logical courses in regards to the FO's request;

1) They drop the whole idea and return to the old days level of security (ie. check tickets of everyone before entry).

2) Grow the balls to move non-members out or allow them a chance to "officially" join and register in whichever group and then implement the policing policy. And if this was the choice and I was responsible, I'd want option #1 invoked as well to avoid some jackass sneaking in at half time and screwing it up for whichever SG he chose to migrate to.

Otherwise holding a group responsible for a whole section when their actual numbers may equal less than half that section is absurd.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    What's the status of actually working this out?
    Depends on if the front office want to work this out or if they want to wait it out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    Depends on if the front office want to work this out or if they want to wait it out.
    That's what I mean. So are they waiting it out? Are any discussions happening?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    Not too sure if you watched the same game I did last night, Bono gaped yesterday. He almost conceded 2 goals, on simple mistakes, like rushing Kaka outside of the box and missing the clearance for one... Some of his outings have been fantastic, for sure, but he has made some 22 yr old mistakes. He still has a lot to learn and grow, wouldn't give him a "hero" title yet....
    Does anyone know why Irwin was dropped again after a good performance on Saturday? He's the number 1, stick with him. Bono did well when he stepped in but Irwin instills far more confidence in me than Bono does right now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that I have not been a official member of the RPB for several/many years now, and we have been having this discussion since then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty74 View Post
    Does anyone know why Irwin was dropped again after a good performance on Saturday? He's the number 1, stick with him. Bono did well when he stepped in but Irwin instills far more confidence in me than Bono does right now
    Vanney said in an interview, that he was only going to be starting in 1 of the 2 matches... Philly or Orlando.

Expect him to be back on Saturday v DC

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    Watched the whole game, totally agree the scuffed kick put my heart in my throat.

Losing our all-star keeper when we did and what it would have done to our season with GKs of the past and not how Bono has performed (whole team did amazing throughout) would have changed everyone's conversation come first week of October. Bono's first match vs. Orlando had me calling off hopes of play offs; last night's performance shows yes he is young and mistakes are still to come but it also showed he can maintain an organized back line and put us in with a chance to win every game. I can't ask much more of a player who will only improve with age.

I am excited to see our TFC "heroes" put their stamp on the last few games of the season and get Lakeshore rocking.
    Tune into the Official Red Patch Boys Podcast on Spotify and Apple Music.

https://open.spotify.com/show/09Tk3GUscsd2ca1wl4mao1?si=vr_u5SdqRvm4HMqKYBE1wQ&d l_branch=1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So the protest, if we see something and report it, we don't get punished? or will we get punished for not preventing the incident in the first place?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vanney and team confused by quiet in stadium , said they thrive on the cheering . Nice to see the team we supposedly support is caught in the middle of the SG ego check . Remember probably many of the players don't like their Mgmt also . We want cheap seats , control of who sits where , but zero responsibility . Tail wagging dog . Many in the crowd felt this was a chance for RPB to nonpolitical and simply cheer and be true team supporters . Apparently not . We failed to establish our independence as a group with more rational accommodating values , by putting the team first . I didn't stay in this group to be led by another groups self imposed problems . Where was the question raised ? The main thread was maddenly closed . A major reputation hit to ALL. SG's happened yesterday . The one I belong to , let me down .
    Funny cause they made me absolutely proud. United as one should be the theme in the south.
    If you saw the document MLSE is forcing upon the supporters group you would think differently.
    The new rules they implement will have terrible consequences in the future.

And not to forget, yesterdays atmosphere was probably the worst all season. The game was so dull and boring. The groups will get their message across, dont worry. MLSE have no problem using the groups for their marketing purposes only to treat them like children when something comes up.
    Last edited by DinamoTFC; 09-29-2016 at 03:43 PM.