Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I know. It's complicated and I'm going to get told off for the comparison but the comparison was jarring and needs to be acknowledged.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I think I'm going to call this team The Squanderers.
    2 seasons in a row now they've done this.

It's more fun to watch than the USL team we had for so long but this is annoying.

And then I saw videos on Twitter of Syrian refugees who sang and danced all game.
    Most of them were in my section, 226. That where there are usually youth teams, often streaming in & of my aisle to buy food & drinks during the game. Much better atmosphere in that area today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I'm going to call this team The Squanderers.
    2 seasons in a row now they've done this.

It's more fun to watch than the USL team we had for so long but this is annoying.

And then I saw videos on Twitter of Syrian refugees who sang and danced all game.

Perspective.

And yes I get the reasons for the United protest in the south.

But then I look at those people dancing all game and think.

"Hey south end people - there's a time for everything. And are things really that awful that a bunch of Syrian refugees make you look and sound like pouting soccer moms? "

Yes I know... it's complicated. But geez Louise compare the issues to those still being faced by those refugees and really how onerous is life for the south in comparison?
    fantastic. Great post. And if the protest is about the sanctions for the "Montréal vous suquez" affair, stop it. That was wrong and shouldn't have happened in the first place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    thats just wrong and grossly unfair. I call BS. You have a hate on for Oso and refuse to accept when he does well. Which is often.
    I think he's good at certain things. I still think he was our third best player last year. I gave him credit in the last game for his assist.

But he's just not a guy who can be a primary playmaker. If you look at any of the other top playmakers in the league, he doesn't at all compare when it comes to understanding the pace of the game, off the ball movement, decision making or vision. He can't drive the ball forward and make penetrating passes at anywhere near an elite level. He plays the obvious pass so often it's a surprise when he doesn't. Persisting with him at the 10# spot is hampering our offense mightily.

I like him on the team. I love his passion for us and the city. I think he's a really solid piece of our core. He's just not a guy who can do that job, and putting him in that position is putting him in a position to fail. Chapman is significantly better at the 10# - we have to have him there for the playoffs to have any chance of being successful. We're way too predictable otherwise.
    Last edited by molenshtain; 09-28-2016 at 10:36 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If they can't put away a team like Orlando well....just watched the game....in shock. They won't be able to tie their way into any silverware.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jeez are people still sulking about that little slap on the wrist? I'm sulikng about our abysmal season end collapse. That is worth sulking about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The feel good story that was TFC this year is basically almost gone with this joke of a home stand they have had dropping all these points so typical TFC, don't have much hope in this team come the playoffs I fear it's going to be another joke of a playoff showing like it was last year versus Montreal, sad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    Jeez are people still sulking about that little slap on the wrist? I'm sulikng about our abysmal season end collapse. That is worth sulking about.

Season ending collapse? we're unbeaten since Seba went down and we've lost 1 in 12. We haven't been great the last couple games, should have gotten another win or two, but it's hardly a collapse. Let's see what happens on Saturday. D.C. hasn't put in a performance against us in a long time.

Perspective: Between august 15th to October 3rd last year Portland won twice, drew twice and lost three before getting everyone back healthy and in form just in time to make the playoffs. We know how it went from there. These have been a frustrating last couple of games, but we're still an elite team waiting to get the best player in the league back. We'll be fine. You're still gonna get to go see a couple playoff games this year for the first time in our history.
    Last edited by molenshtain; 09-28-2016 at 10:58 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So before people start running a muck with information they know nothing about:

The protest isn't about the banner. It's about the FO making groups sign contracts that there responsible for every person member or not in there sections.

Someone walks into 112 does something stupid like pops a flare the group gets the punishment. Groups are being told to be security and ushers and police there own sections.

Thought they paid people to do that, guess not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this team is so hard to watch without GIO.. to the wing and cross, it seems that MORROW has become our focal point on offence now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and i started a post a few days ago about this protest that got locked - which i apologize for as it seems i made an error mentioning the supporters group name

but the point i was trying to make is to your point - (saying this i am not a member of any supporters group) but i believe the supporters section creates the atmosphere of the stadium - i love it

my point was that shouldn't the supporters section be RUN by the supporters. They have the seats for the whole south end and 'sell' the seasons tickets to folks who want to be a part of, and contribute to, what they're about.

in that way they could also be responsible for their actions.

to me it would make sense and further unify the south end.

just my opinion from a middle of the pitch supporter...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BuSaPuNk View Post
    So before people start running a muck with information they know nothing about:

The protest isn't about the banner. It's about the FO making groups sign contracts that there responsible for every person member or not in there sections.

Someone walks into 112 does something stupid like pops a flare the group gets the punishment. Groups are being told to be security and ushers and police there own sections.

Thought they paid people to do that, guess not.
    Yup its brutal. Kinda sad to see us as the only group that chanted early tonight and not in this together.

Atmosphere tonight felt horrible like that one game years back against Houston when the FO put an alcohol ban on the stadium due to unruly supporters.
    Last edited by DinamoTFC; 09-28-2016 at 11:10 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    Yup its brutal. Kinda sad to see us as the only group that chanted early tonight and not in this together.

Atmosphere tonight felt horrible like that one game years back against Houston when the FO put an alcohol ban on the stadium due to unruly supporters.
    Yep don't know what happened there but now is the time to stand together. Hopefully it was just a communication breakdown.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hopefully Saturday we can stand together for the team but it will take a large change of heart from the front office.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BuSaPuNk View Post
    Yep don't know what happened there but now is the time to stand together. Hopefully it

Wow what nonsense. I would never stand for this. And supposedly this isn't even half of it. Supporters groups are also suppose to now police their own sections and if one joe blow causes a problem in a section then the whole group gets in trouble.

I'm sorry but I agree with the protest and will contribute.
    Last edited by DinamoTFC; 09-28-2016 at 11:45 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    Very disappointing from Management. I understand It's a complicated issue for both sides,but I thought MLSE was past this level of hardheadedness. This is the same type of issue the south end seems to have been having with management since year 1 RE self policing. I hope both sides come to an amicable solution, because this is bad for everyone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Double post

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    Season ending collapse? we're unbeaten since Seba went down and we've lost 1 in 12. We haven't been great the last couple games, should have gotten another win or two, but it's hardly a collapse. Let's see what happens on Saturday. D.C. hasn't put in a performance against us in a long time.

Perspective: Between august 15th to October 3rd last year Portland won twice, drew twice and lost three before getting everyone back healthy and in form just in time to make the playoffs. We know how it went from there. These have been a frustrating last couple of games, but we're still an elite team waiting to get the best player in the league back. We'll be fine. You're still gonna get to go see a couple playoff games this year for the first time in our history.
    To add, games are independent events. Win streaks end. Losing streaks end.

Big picture => Game in hand was used to secure first overall in conference that would result in a bye. No one was hurt and the MVP was rested in the process. Win-win in everyone's books as of right now.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I get all that on the SG's but I'm sorry...that still does not compare to what those refugees have gone and are still going through. (That and I spent 5 minutes trolling through that twitter owner quoted trying to find the tweet mentioned because the link is dead - I gots me a problem with somebody who trumpets up trophy hunting by SG's)

As I said...perspective.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can we all get some perspective... We are in first place and we are missing the MVP of the league. That being said we are an average team without Seba. With the exception of LA and maybe Dallas, if you take out the best DP from any of the top teams where would they be? Probably mid table, so lets breathe, hope Seba comes back 100% and we make a strong run into the playoffs with everyone healthy.

On a side note regarding the protest... I wonder how many of the SG bought concessions last night? ie beer.. As IMO when protesting and being silent you hurt the team on the pitch not the people that you want to prove a point to... Hit them where it hurts and that is in their wallet.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TBH, until the red, even though we had more possession/chances, we weren't dominant, and Larin probably had the single best chance of anyone.

Kaka had several moments that were alone worth the price of admission. Man, if he had any support...

It was a beautiful night to be outside and enjoy a game.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yeah, I get all that on the SG's but I'm sorry...that still does not compare to what those refugees have gone and are still going through. (That and I spent 5 minutes trolling through that twitter owner quoted trying to find the tweet mentioned because the link is dead - I gots me a problem with somebody who trumpets up trophy hunting by SG's)

As I said...perspective.
    And there are starving kids in Africa, so I shouldn't complain if I get a hair in my food at a restaurant. And people are dying somewhere else of some terrible disease, so I should suck it up when I have a cold. The refugees have lived through hardship and had a good time at a match. Great story. The supporters have a disagreement with the front office and are trying to make a point. Different story. One has nothing to do with the other.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Hey south end people - there's a time for everything. And are things really that awful that a bunch of Syrian refugees make you look and sound like pouting soccer moms? "

Yes I know... it's complicated. But geez Louise compare the issues to those still being faced by those refugees and really how onerous is life for the south in comparison?
    Quoted for truth...just came across as a boy pouting in his room cause he didn't get what he wanted from mommy and daddy.

So I'm pinning this result on the pouting supporters

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't get all the doom and gloom about our FIRST PLACE TEAM. We have had a slight dip for a few games, but that happens in MLS. I saw some positive signs from Cooper last night in terms of creativity and positive play. Ricketts seems to get crossed up with Altidore and they sometimes run into the same place. It wasn't the best performance for a FIRST PLACE TEAM, but even when we haven't been at our best, we've held onto that top spot and we are still in very good shape for winning the east.

First place Toronto FC.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBTFC View Post
    Quoted for truth...just came across as a boy pouting in his room cause he didn't get what he wanted from mommy and daddy.

So I'm pinning this result on the pouting supporters
    Do you know how much time and effort the supporters put into that atmosphere? How much if their lives and their time? And then look at how heavily TFC uses the support to market this team. All the time.

Maybe you shouldn't be so quick to mock them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    And there are starving kids in Africa, so I shouldn't complain if I get a hair in my food at a restaurant. And people are dying somewhere else of some terrible disease, so I should suck it up when I have a cold. The refugees have lived through hardship and had a good time at a match. Great story. The supporters have a disagreement with the front office and are trying to make a point. Different story. One has nothing to do with the other.
    Agreed... But at the same time, there seems in the past 2 years there always seems to be an issues with a certain SG... So because of some idiots actions, whether it is ripping up seats, throwing shit, stupid banners this is going to be the proverbial hill that all SG go to defend?

When TFC jacked the prices in what ever year it was there was not even half the level of coordination or effectiveness of a protest then of last couple of games... It is sad that there is a need to defend a certain SG that has a history of doing stupid shit period.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well clearly I'm not the only one who feels this way, judging from the comments on this Reddit thread.

https://m.reddit.com/r/MLS/comments/...tras_used_for/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vanney didn't look too worried coming off the sideline at the end of the game. For all the talk of a slump its hard to guage because of the MLS playoff format, Vanney knows its a marathon not a sprint. With Giovinco in the lineup this team has the ability to beat anyone in MLS come playoff time - mainly due to solid defending and Giovincos set-piece ability.
    Last edited by BelfastBoy; 09-29-2016 at 08:21 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We started off so well with lots of pressure and chances but just couldn't finish. I'm not worried. Cooper looked great, exactly what we need in a midfielder; creativity. My only concern is that we are so predictable with Bradley as our QB, teams just settle back and wait for the ball to go through him. This has to change down the stretch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I don't get all the doom and gloom about our FIRST PLACE TEAM. We have had a slight dip for a few games, but that happens in MLS. I saw some positive signs from Cooper last night in terms of creativity and positive play. Ricketts seems to get crossed up with Altidore and they sometimes run into the same place. It wasn't the best performance for a FIRST PLACE TEAM, but even when we haven't been at our best, we've held onto that top spot and we are still in very good shape for winning the east.

First place Toronto FC.
    Jozy has never played with Rickets
    Cooper has barely played with osario and delgado.
    Haglung rarely plays, Bono is the back up.

I say its a decent result in retrospect.

BUT, where was the passion?
    Why was Jozy so gassed? He seemed to try to do too much.
    why didnt Babouli play after the game he had with Jozy
    Why did Bono start this game, why did he hoof the ball 3 or 4 times to no one or out of bounds
    And what was up with putting cheyrou in with 5 minutes? What was he hoping to accomplish with that? All the subs were too late, Jozy was gassed from 60 minutes on

Really not sure what Vanney was after in that game