Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    Karma is getting us - I don't care who put up that crude banner. We lost at home to our bitterest rivals, had our best player injured, drew three games in a row and have descended into the most ridiculous infighting I've ever seen.
    Right, and the issue has completely overshadowed the massive tifo that was to be the crowning achievement of SG coordination and cooperation - and now instead of leading the whole stands in items like the, um, Iceland Clap, and getting the stands to join in on other things, the groups are now either going to split apart into their units, or dissolve over whether to follow your own leadership or not. And the stands will be quiet, unorganized, and result in the most desultory of chants.

I'm going to start the wave tomorrow if you guys are silent.

Given the way Laura wrote Manning's quote, one would think there's an invitation there to have a sit-down between SGs and FO, and adjust the wording to have the collective responsibility match up to the collective privileges (such as tifos, capo stands, drums, etc).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow. The whole thread. Wow.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...The Impact fans are having the biggest laugh of them all...
    Their win during the week against lowly playing out the string SJE (who missed a penalty to tie it late) gave them a chance at 4th and likely saved their playoffs. They can laugh all they want but we are a better team who are better prepared.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paul-collins View Post
    I'm enjoying the dueling secret sources here.

Clearly those who talk to Larson are untrustworthy, but those who are allied with 114 are completely honest and forthcoming.

O_o
    I'd like to move on from this story, but I'll address this.
    In terms of my sources, most people who have followed me for six years know my stories are spot on 98% of the time. I do strive for 100%, so I fall short. But I think my record of accuracy and honesty speaks for itself. If you agree, read on. If you don't, then I'll try and win your trust back.
    But I'd ask supporters to use caution when believing the rhetoric from those involved in Inebriatti.
    While I love their passion and believe they are essential to the atmosphere inside BMO Field, there's much more going on here.
    First, Inebriatti refused to admit one of their members was involved in the two-stick. They did not fully comply with TFC's investigation.
    It was only after MLSE produced security images of a member in possession of the two-stick that Inebriatti (or a member) admitted to playing a part in the oral sex banner.
    So what you have here is a supporters group on its fourth or fifth strike that's refusing to comply with in-stadium and MLS rules.
    For that reason, I can't entirely blame TFC's front office for producing that "Code of Conduct" agreement.
    If supporter groups aren't willing to be forthright during investigations, what recourse is there?
    The "guilt by association" clause in the agreement is hard to digest. But, aren't supporters groups basically associations?
    I think there's a bit of unwarranted hysteria, too. The idea that rogue fans will come into the section and do unsavoury things isn't really a sound argument.
    Plus, I think TFC's front office deserves the benefit of the doubt here. They're reasonable. They'd do everything to avoid SG bans etc.
    Regardless, my intention was for you to take the first eight lines of this into consideration. That's what's being lost.

Larson

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jesus Christ Larson... why do you keep lying for them?? And when you're not lying, you're wording it in a way that's very biased.
    Its a shame, honestly, I used to enjoy your work.

Its hard for me to keep quiet, because I made promises to keep any knowledge I have of the discussions, private. Sooner or later it'll come out though. Almost always does.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Time to set aside your egos everyone, myself included.

It's game day, and the captain needs us!

Is this not why we're all supporters in the first place?!

https://www.thestar.com/sports/tfc/2...-need-you.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Jesus Christ Larson... why do you keep lying for them?? And when you're not lying, you're wording it in a way that's very biased.
    Its a shame, honestly, I used to enjoy your work.

Its hard for me to keep quiet, because I made promises to keep any knowledge I have of the discussions, private. Sooner or later it'll come out though. Almost always does.
    Who is "them" ... Only I know who my "well-placed" sources are. Some of those sources are in the south stand.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KurtLarSUN View Post
    Who is "them" ... Only I know who my "well-placed" sources are. Some of those sources are in the south stand.
    Stop pushing false and incomplete stories for your "well placed" sources.
    And as for your southend sources, unless it's leadership from Inebriatti, they're not that well placed.

Anyway, I'm not spending time on this here... you can continue fighting this for FO, from the wrong angle. Keep calling us out, calling us crazy, saying we need to put out big boy pants on. We owe nothing to you, to TFC FO, or any other fans. We stand up (or sit down) when we believe that we are being wronged. While everybody appreciates the support that some groups have shown, it was never asked for. The 2 stick is Inebriatti's battle with the club; HOWEVER, section 2 should be everybody's.

The group is staying somewhat quiet on the subject because leaking information (like you) would be counter productive to the ongoing attempts of discussions.

You're pushing an agenda for the club, which is trying to turn the southend into 1984.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stop pushing false and incomplete stories for your "well placed" sources.
    And as for your southend sources, unless it's leadership from Inebriatti, they're not that well placed.

Anyway, I'm not spending time on this here... you can continue fighting this for FO, from the wrong angle. Keep calling us out, calling us crazy, saying we need to put out big boy pants on. We owe nothing to you, to TFC FO, or any other fans. We stand up (or sit down) when we believe that we are being wronged. While everybody appreciates the support that some groups have shown, it was never asked for. The 2 stick is Inebriatti's battle with the club; HOWEVER, section 2 should be everybody's.

The group is staying somewhat quiet on the subject because leaking information (like you) would be counter productive to the ongoing attempts of discussions.

You're pushing an agenda for the club, which is trying to turn the southend into 1984.
    People can believe a reporter/columnist with a six-year track record of reporting accurately.
    Or, they can believe an SG with four separate sanctions in less than two full seasons.
    I'll leave it at that. Time to focus on tonight's match. If only some supporters would do the same.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread should be closed for the day and reopened tomorrow.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People can believe a reporter/columnist with a six-year track record of reporting accurately.
    Or, they can believe an SG with four separate sanctions in less than two full seasons.
    I'll leave it at that. Time to focus on tonight's match. If only some supporters would do the same.
    This is what I mean.
    Youre using your FO poppet record to push an agenda for them. It's very clear where your sources are, and what they're trying to do.
    Again, Inebriatti isn't asking anybody to believe them - but you begging people to believe you is a tad pathetic.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    This thread should be closed for the day and reopened tomorrow.
    No thanks. It has remained civil.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed... conversation shouldn't be stifled just because it's controversial.

This isn't some university safe space.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is what I mean.
    Youre using your FO poppet record to push an agenda for them. It's very clear where your sources are, and what they're trying to do.
    Again, Inebriatti isn't asking anybody to believe them - but you begging people to believe you is a tad pathetic.
    I've received enough private messages from individuals in the south end to know my honest and investigative work is appreciated.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've received enough private messages from individuals in the south end to know my honest and investigative work is appreciated.
    Sorry man, being a FO megaphone isn't investigative work.
    Like I said previously, unless you spoke with an Inebriatti member that was personally in that meeting, your sources aren't "well placed".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry man, being a FO megaphone isn't investigative work.
    Like I said previously, unless you spoke with an Inebriatti member that was personally in that meeting, your sources aren't "well placed".
    I'm satisfied with my column ... and the sources.

You've been spewing a lot of misinformation. Take a breath. We're not going anywhere here.

Cheers and enjoy what really matters to most people: the game.
    Last edited by KurtLarSUN; 10-01-2016 at 02:59 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBTFC View Post
    Agreed... conversation shouldn't be stifled just because it's controversial.

This isn't some university safe space.
    You notice how I said reopened tomorrow. But...hey..ya'll spend energy arguing about this stuff on a game day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You notice how I said reopened tomorrow. But...hey..ya'll spend energy arguing about this stuff on a game day.
    Word, all good...I'm checkin' out of here for the day, shift is over

Hope everyone enjoys the match, whether at the stadium or on a screen!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think one can spend energy in both places - i do get your point however

i will be heading down to BMO shortly to watch them win....

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is getting into personal attacks. I am reminding you that you are welcome to disagree with but not attack the motives of anyone, including any journalists.

One post has been deleted for violating board rules on personal attacks.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 10-02-2016 at 04:12 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm really disappointed that this thread died.

So... bump!?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    This is getting into personal attacks. I am reminding you that you are welcome to disagree with but not attack the motives of anyone, including any journalists.

One post has been deleted for violating board rules on personal attacks.

they were not personal, they were pointed - a big difference but much the same as he was doing...although i'd say his were much more personal

and frankly it appeared to me that by Jozy and the teams reaction after their first goal they were making the point....the physical jumping into the stands strongly suggested that they were with them...

anyway i thought TFC played an aggressive attacking game - with a tad more creativity and luck in the final 3rd i think they easily win

with Johnson, Seba and Ricketts back, and the strong support of an amazing south end, they are looking good to go...imo...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Their win during the week against lowly playing out the string SJE (who missed a penalty to tie it late) gave them a chance at 4th and likely saved their playoffs. They can laugh all they want but we are a better team who are better prepared.
    Still sure about that? I don't fancy playing in the in the sudden death game. even if it is at BMO.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still sure about that? I don't fancy playing in the in the sudden death game. even if it is at BMO.
    Yes, we are. If you watched them play Orlando, they were not all that good. I compare how our offensive worked the last two games (considered by most to be the best ball movement all season) to their workrate and am confident we can get a result next game and in the playoffs.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4 games at home, 3 points. A sudden death game is a scary proposition at this stage.