Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This might come as a surprise, but we don't have the talent pool, let alone a multi-tiered league like they do in Europe.

What happens when Benfica II wins the Segunda? They stay there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    This might come as a surprise, but we don't have the talent pool, let alone a multi-tiered league like they do in Europe.

Our top tier player pool isn't that good, but we have a significant enough player pool to fill out a league.

http://www.rednationonline.ca/Articl...layerPool.aspx

This doesn't include young pros/ex-pros playing in L1O type divisions which is probably more.

Similar to MLS, I see CPL haven't similar drop off of talent between starter and squad player. Starter quality with internationals should be around USL level (obviously depending on salary cap).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post

I get that, but as it stands TFC (and TFC II) function the same way the would if a CPL is formed with a TFC II in it.....only difference would be the league name unless I'm missing something....

Besides, we have no pro/rel here anyways, so teams would be staying in their respective leagues form year to year.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Tifoso View Post
    I get that, but as it stands TFC (and TFC II) function the same way the would if a CPL is formed with a TFC II in it.....only difference would be the league name unless I'm missing something....

Besides, we have no pro/rel here anyways, so teams would be staying in their respective leagues form year to year.....
    your thinking tfc2 switches leagues? I dont think thats gonna fly with CPL. I dont see them allowing players to move back and forth like they do b/w MLS and USL. This will be a 3rd team if MLSE gets involved.
    plus, that current location YFC2 plays out of is not going to attract anyone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    your thinking tfc2 switches leagues? I dont think thats gonna fly with CPL. I dont see them allowing players to move back and forth like they do b/w MLS and USL. This will be a 3rd team if MLSE gets involved.
    plus, that current location YFC2 plays out of is not going to attract anyone
    no, just using TFC II as an example of how an affiliation to TFC with a CPL team could not be much different than what they already have with TFC II.