Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a bit confused by the 9 payments plan.

It's supposed to add up to $500 total (including CCL)
    It even says $500 at the bottom of the list.

But the payments add up to $475 (which is the price without CCL)

Edit...
    I tried phoning a sales rep to clear it up.
    While I was on hold I started the renewal process over again.
    When I did, the payment numbers had changed from what they were just a minute earlier.
    Now they add up correctly.
    Their system seems a little sketchy.

Also, I never talked to a rep... 9 minutes on hold is long enough.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I renewed my seasons today and got in before the Playoff Discount Deadline, but still have some questions. I'm assuming the playoff tickets are for all games up to the Eastern Conference Finals, yes? So would I be able pass on the first rounds but be able to buy for the ECF and (touch wood), MLS Cup Final?

Or now that I think of it, would I be better off buying tickets for all available games and sell the ones I can't make here on the ticket trader? The problem is that I work week nights and Sundays, so I can't make a good chunk of those matches, but you bet your ass I'll call in sick for the ECF while the MLS Cup Final is on a free Saturday.

EDIT: My bad. The tickets do include Eastern Conference Finals.
    Last edited by Cashcleaner; 09-23-2016 at 02:34 PM.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    I'm a bit confused by the 9 payments plan.

It's supposed to add up to $500 total (including CCL)
    It even says $500 at the bottom of the list.

But the payments add up to $475 (which is the price without CCL)

Edit...
    I tried phoning a sales rep to clear it up.
    While I was on hold I started the renewal process over again.
    When I did, the payment numbers had changed from what they were just a minute earlier.
    Now they add up correctly.
    Their system seems a little sketchy.

Also, I never talked to a rep... 9 minutes on hold is long enough.
    THE $25 FOR THE CCL is added to the first invoice IIRC

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    For all BMO Field ticketed events including Toronto FC matches, fans who have celebrated their second birthday are required to have a ticket to gain entry to the stadium. Children under 2 years of age (under 24 months) may sit on the lap of an accompanying adult; however, they cannot obstruct the view of those around them and cannot occupy a nearby seat.
    I found I didn't ever have any problem getting a 26-month old in a baby carrier. But for the start of the next season at 32 months I got an extra seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Also if a child needs to be nursed:
    My wife never had a problem just nursing in the stands. Even the south end. But it's nice to have the choice. And I never had any problems bringing in pretty much any drink/food for the baby when I came by myself.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am very happy to have my season tickets all setup and taken care for next year.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    Pick a group that sits in or near a section you want. Contact them. Google if you have to. Convince them why you should be a member and how you will influence the group and atmosphere in a positive way (which I hope you would want to and not sitting there just for cheaper prices).
    The tickets would be under your name. They are your tickets. And for following years u will renew with the club. It's a good process and keeps like minded people in the south end to increase support.
    Being a blue Jays flex member, the only section that might come close to the atmosphere at bmo is the flight deck. The atmosphere is right up my alley. Love the passion, the enthusiasm. Love going to the game with buddies and meeting all the different people in that section who are friendly, fired up and have knowledge. Already bought at least four pairs of tickets from member from the ticket trader section. I figured I acquired about those sections. Emailed a rep and said I'd have no chance in getting into that section. Thanks for the input and advice but I guess my best bet is to just purchased from the ticket trader section unless someone can help me out. Thanks guys

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There've been ample opportunities to get tickets in 112, 113, 114, etc. in past years. I doubt this year would be any different. They are not available until you read about it from one of the SGs. But if you aren't a member, then you won't have a chance - whichever group it be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    I am very happy to have my season tickets all setup and taken care for next year.
    and that's great that it works well for you....

but what about the guy who happens to lose his job late next August, and when TFC renewals and "opting out" aren't the first thing on his mind gets dinged with the renewal....I hope there will not be even 1 person who is in this situation, but its certainly possible.....

There should've been the option to auto renew or not for future years.....not forcing us to do it with this "Membership", most of which "benefits" we already get renewing year to year as we've always been doing.

I don't get worked much by most of what FO does - in fact, I think the new management has done a great job in doing things that are more "fan friendly" - but this move just rubs me the wrong way and is something I'd expect from the Anselmi/Beirne days.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Tifoso View Post
    Ya I agree.....I actually backed out of the process a few times to look around the Account Manager to see if there was a way to not renew automatically in the future but couldn't find anything.....

I was not a fan of having the mandatory membership which you must agree to when renewing online. The work around... I called them.

I said here's my account number, i want to renew and buy playoffs, are you ready for my credit card info? Gave it, then asked them to email me the invoice/receipt. And that was that. There was no verbal read out or acceptance of any clauses, auto-opt in's, memberships, etc. They record the calls, so they can listen to it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    I was not a fan of having the mandatory membership which you must agree to when renewing online. The work around... I called them.

I said here's my account number, i want to renew and buy playoffs, are you ready for my credit card info? Gave it, then asked them to email me the invoice/receipt. And that was that. There was no verbal read out or acceptance of any clauses, auto-opt in's, memberships, etc. They record the calls, so they can listen to it.
    that's interesting.....and while I get that you weren't told anything about the membership renewing on the phone, I can't imagine that by simply renewing over the phone as opposed to online, you're not obligated to enter the program....seems too easy....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^agreed. I'm sure somewhere in the terms and conditions which they will claim can be modified at any time without notice there will be some type of indication that I have implicitly accepted the membership, however, they cannot come to me and say that I explicitly accepted it, or was verbally informed before making the renewal. What I would need is to have the T&C before I accepted, and if they've modified since.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is more to this than just having people ready to auto-renew. They are trying to minimize the turnover, minimize the issues surrounding turnover, and maximize cash in hand. Getting people to shit or get off the pot is something that drives sales crazy and this addresses it perfectly. If you are going to renew then they want you to give them your money early so that if you want out you can't have it back and it gives them more time to re-sell the ticket at potentially a higher value (if it was a "day 1"er that can now be sold for much more). That's win, win and yes win for ML$E. You can't argue that ML$E is very good at maximizing the crap out of situations money wise. Every time a customer finds a loop hole or anything where ML$E has to give in they re-work things and come up with new strategies to lock in their profit. This is a perfect example of minimizing the issues and maximizing the time they get your money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Filled out the team survey!

RPB Member
    Banners Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 105 View Post
    Filled out the team survey!
    Did mine yesterday...the questions were weird...like choose between getting a scarf or going to a SSH event, does that mean next year we should look forward to no scarf in the box or the end of SSH events depending which way the votes swung (there didn't appear to be an option that included both the scarf and SSH).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't get a survey..is it because I'm a new SSH?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doing my survey now but I got to the part about the Benefit Package 1 and 2 to choose from. They are both the same and say No to every option besides Additional Ticket discounts. Must be a mistake. I emailed my rep to confirm what each package is supposed to have.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The questions about the benefits packages is to gauge which combinations of things the SSH prefer.

Instead of having everyone rate 10-15 items 1 though 15, MLSE has made hypothetical lists and using the choices of everyone they can infer which pieces of benefits packages the majority want.

Essentially, MLSE is trying to simplify there fan analytics (plus, probably trying to figure out is they can get rid of the annual scarves, or have to plan SSH events over the off-season, or create a discount on BMO food similar to Merch currently).
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I didn't get a Survey...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did, have yet to do it, will get around to doing it.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cas87 View Post
    The questions about the benefits packages is to gauge which combinations of things the SSH prefer.

Instead of having everyone rate 10-15 items 1 though 15, MLSE has made hypothetical lists and using the choices of everyone they can infer which pieces of benefits packages the majority want.

Essentially, MLSE is trying to simplify there fan analytics (plus, probably trying to figure out is they can get rid of the annual scarves, or have to plan SSH events over the off-season, or create a discount on BMO food similar to Merch currently).
    Did you get two different looking packages to select from? Both of mine said the same thing which was No to everything except
    The additional ticket discounts.

RPB Member
    Banners Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you get two different looking packages to select from? Both of mine said the same thing which was No to everything except
    My choices were pretty much scarf and additional ticket discounts and maybe food, or SSH events, and additional ticket discounts.

I do happen to like both the scarf AND the SSH events...the Euro final this past summer was awesome and always liked the summer BBQs as a day out with the kids. I find it hard to believe eliminating a scarf will cover the food and booze at SSH events.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had about four questions with 2 options each.

one similar to what you had, one without scarf or SSH events, but discounts on food/merch/etc, and one that had scarf and events but no new discounts
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks. Guess my survey was screwed up. I didn't see what you guys saw.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone know when the season seat relocation event will take place?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like the seat relocation begins tmrw. Got my email for a 10:30 time slot.
    Last edited by Northern; 12-15-2016 at 12:21 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mine starts Dec 20

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Think it starts today, mine is this afternoon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

***email says this time slot is only if I'm looking to 'upgrade' / relocate out of supporters.

If i want to move / add tickets within the South End then more details to come in January

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup I got mine yesterday. Mines is scheduled for the 20th, but apparently the last day to relocate is the 20th.

RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have two singles in 112 (one in row 13 and one in row 19) that I would LOVE to relocate to a pair, also in 112.

Will that be in January?
    O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever