Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo1985 View Post
    I'm sure you can cancel the auto renewals lol. Otherwise it'd be criminal SCAM scheme. It probably just renews unless otherwise told.
    More lazy and $$$ saving. Less phone calls to make to remind people to renew.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you don't want to renew this time next year.
    you need to fill out a form and submit it prior to Sept 15, 2017.

which is tough...as we might be in the playoff hunt.
    they know what they are doing.

I guess we'll know pricing before Sept 15, 2017.
    you'd think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wagner View Post

you'd think.
    Yeah, at the very least I expect a "heads up you're about to auto renew" message from the club in advance of Sept. 15th. Otherwise, it's a shady move.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wagner View Post

you'd think.
    where did you find that?

Quote Originally Posted by Stress View Post
    Yeah, at the very least I expect a "heads up you're about to auto renew" message from the club in advance of Sept. 15th. Otherwise, it's a shady move.
    ya definitely.....hopefully they will do that at least.....I'm most likely renewing in the future at least until my tickets lose their value (its still far away from that anyways).....but it would be nice to be able to do it on my terms.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=TFC Tifoso;1812481]where did you find that?

You have to follow the link to the full terms. It has a whole paragraph about the auto renew.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have to follow the link to the full terms. It has a whole paragraph about the auto renew.
    I see.....can you still access the link if you already renewed or copy/paste the info here please

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Though playoff prices seem steep, relatively to other sporting events in TO, it's beer money.
    Second, I can't even imagine how much cup finals seats will cost. I suspect 100$ for a seat in the south.
    Considering the Grey Cup pricing, I'd be surprised if it wasn't more. It's $200 a pop for the temp seating behind the southend where you'll lose sight of the ball everytime it's kicked or thrown.

An MLS final would be a much hotter ticket than the Grey Cup in Toronto.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha I just got to this part and came on here to see if anyone else thought it was strange. Doesn't look like we can get around it and IMO it's not ideal. Probably setting up for a big increase next season lol.
    I don't think we're far, maybe 1-2 seasons, from paying $20 per match in the south end.

To be fair, considering the level of players we get to see, is still a steal IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lobo View Post
    i believe they have split the light grey into distinct upper and lower bowl pricing ... on my playoff price page it now refers to "Lower Light Grey", never saw that before
    Ah ok, I was thinking it was probably something like that, thanks !

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by witenite View Post
    thanks for the fast input, rep actually emailed me this morning before i open this message board and said the same thing basically 100% renew rate in that section

Now if I join a supporters group, what would be the process to get on the wait list and buy a pair of seasons? Who's name would the season tickets be under in terms of name, bills, free gifts etc?? Would I have to renew season by season through the same process ? Thanks
    Pick a group that sits in or near a section you want. Contact them. Google if you have to. Convince them why you should be a member and how you will influence the group and atmosphere in a positive way (which I hope you would want to and not sitting there just for cheaper prices).
    The tickets would be under your name. They are your tickets. And for following years u will renew with the club. It's a good process and keeps like minded people in the south end to increase support.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Tifoso View Post
    I see.....can you still access the link if you already renewed or copy/paste the info here please
    Yes you can still access it (on the renewal site not your account manager). Go to the "package" tab and click on the grey membership terms button. It's too much to copy and paste here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes you can still access it (on the renewal site not your account manager). Go to the "package" tab and click on the grey membership terms button. It's too much to copy and paste here.
    ok cool....thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone know at what age do children need their own ticket? Is it 2 years old (like a plane ticket) or older?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
    Does anyone know at what age do children need their own ticket? Is it 2 years old (like a plane ticket) or older?
    From BMO field website:

For all BMO Field ticketed events including Toronto FC matches, fans who have celebrated their second birthday are required to have a ticket to gain entry to the stadium. Children under 2 years of age (under 24 months) may sit on the lap of an accompanying adult; however, they cannot obstruct the view of those around them and cannot occupy a nearby seat.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    From BMO field website:

For all BMO Field ticketed events including Toronto FC matches, fans who have celebrated their second birthday are required to have a ticket to gain entry to the stadium. Children under 2 years of age (under 24 months) may sit on the lap of an accompanying adult; however, they cannot obstruct the view of those around them and cannot occupy a nearby seat.
    Also if a child needs to be nursed:

Nursing mothers who require a quiet location in which to nurse should come visit one of the Fan Services locations near Gate 1, Gate 3 and outside section 207 to be taken to a more private location.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so... what's the general take on the Membership signup?

Do we know if there's an added cost? Or is this just a basic way for the tickets to auto-renew and avoid going though the annual process? I would imagine it's better for the club to have everyone locked into a long term deal, and price increases might slip by unnoticed.

anyone done some digging into this?

http://toronto-mp7static.mlsdigital....BRSHPTerms.pdf

and it looks like "membership dues" to the club are now a thing. Are we paying more on top of the standard SSH package?
    Last edited by Parkdale; 09-22-2016 at 12:43 PM.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    so... what's the general take on the Membership signup?

Do we know if there's an added cost? Or is this just a basic way for the tickets to auto-renew and avoid going though the annual process? I would imagine it's better for the club to have everyone locked into a long term deal, and price increases might slip by unnoticed.

anyone done some digging into this?

http://toronto-mp7static.mlsdigital....BRSHPTerms.pdf

and it looks like "membership dues" to the club are now a thing. Are we paying more on top of the standard SSH package?
    From talking to some of the FO folk, this will roll into a 12 month payment plan in the future, viewed as monthly membership dues. So based on my $600 invoice I would have a $50 monthly payment. Now the renewal timeline is what sticks out to me, being September 15th and how you go about canceling your so called memberships. Some people I am sure will get tripped up by it and end up with the upcoming season even if they intended to cancel.

Maybe I am missing something but I thought the Ontario government put in some consumer protection laws in places that made it that people have to opt in to something and not opt out. Not exactly sure how this might come into play here.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Maybe I am missing something but I thought the Ontario government put in some consumer protection laws in places that made it that people have to opt in to something and not opt out. Not exactly sure how this might come into play here.
    Agreeing to the terms of membership while renewing this year is you opting in. They are covered for that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just spoke with my ticket rep regarding the auto renewal.
    She said that if I want to opt out of the auto renewal option, I can fill out that form (available online) and that it will remove me from the automatic renewal list. What happens instead is next year, about a month before renewals, I'll get a call or email telling me that renewals are coming up, and I need to act. (Basically the same thing that happens now).
    basically, the opt out form takes you out of the auto renewal list and allows you to choose each year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just spoke with my ticket rep regarding the auto renewal.
    She said that if I want to opt out of the auto renewal option, I can fill out that form (available online) and that it will remove me from the automatic renewal list. What happens instead is next year, about a month before renewals, I'll get a call or email telling me that renewals are coming up, and I need to act. (Basically the same thing that happens now).
    basically, the opt out form takes you out of the auto renewal list and allows you to choose each year.
    good info...thanks!

And where can this opt out form be found....as far as I can read I just see "torontofc.ca website"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    From talking to some of the FO folk, this will roll into a 12 month payment plan in the future, viewed as monthly membership dues. So based on my $600 invoice I would have a $50 monthly payment. Now the renewal timeline is what sticks out to me, being September 15th and how you go about canceling your so called memberships. Some people I am sure will get tripped up by it and end up with the upcoming season even if they intended to cancel.

If you ever read the whitecaps fan forum, this is how their season tickets work, everyone is on a 12-month plan. You have to opt out by Aug 15th each year if you don't want to renew (ie. your Sept15,Oct14,Nov15,etc payments go toward next year), if you opt out after that date you forfeit the $. It seems to be like negative option billing.

Supporters section for the caps is $41/mo (or $492 per seat per year)
    Last edited by Onyx; 09-22-2016 at 03:06 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good info...thanks!

And where can this opt out form be found....as far as I can read I just see "torontofc.ca website"
    http://www.torontofc.ca/optout

make sure you opt-out. Not cancel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone correct me if I'm wrong or confirm, next season with the two new teams we are getting two more home games 17 to 19? When you renew for next season two home Concacaf Champions League games are included in your season ticket price, therefore the total amount of home games including all games will be 21? What about the Voyageur Cup games, my rep told me it's not included. Can someone confirm if what I've posted here is correct, thanks.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong or confirm, next season with the two new teams we are getting two more home games 17 to 19? When you renew for next season two home Concacaf Champions League games are included in your season ticket price, therefore the total amount of home games including all games will be 21? What about the Voyageur Cup games, my rep told me it's not included. Can someone confirm if what I've posted here is correct, thanks.
    17 MLS Home
    2 Canadian Champ
    2 CONCACAF (which are extra)

from the site:

PACKAGE

THE 2017 SEASON TICKET MEMBERSHIP INCLUDES:

• All 17 MLS regular season home matches
    • 2 Canadian Championship matches
    • 2 CONCACAF Champions League Group Stage Matches (Optional — 21 matches for the price of 20!)
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.torontofc.ca/optout

make sure you opt-out. Not cancel.
    thanks for the link!......but unless I'm extra dense today I don't see it anywhere on the website......I mean, its great for us to have this site for this info, but for people who are not on here, its pretty shitty to not know....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the link!......but unless I'm extra dense today I don't see it anywhere on the website......I mean, its great for us to have this site for this info, but for people who are not on here, its pretty shitty to not know....
    I suspect it's like that on purpose.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suspect it's like that on purpose.
    At least for now.

The opt-out option techinically doesn't exist right now (as the renewals for 2017 are being done the 'old' way).

I bet once the 2017 season officially "starts" to the FO then the link will be easier to find.
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cas87 View Post
    I bet once the 2017 season officially "starts" to the FO then the link will be easier to find.
    Aren't you the optimistic one...haha. For me I am guessing they don't want to make it blatantly obvious to people because they want the auto-renewal thing to happen for most and hoping the majority don't read the fine print.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Aren't you the optimistic one...haha. For me I am guessing they don't want to make it blatantly obvious to people because they want the auto-renewal thing to happen for most and hoping the majority don't read the fine print.
    Yeah, optimism is my unfortunate trait (hell I am a Toronto sports fan .)

Although, "easier" could mean its some obscure link on the website/account manager (because I think right now you have to actually type in the address, nowhere on toronofc.ca yet)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cas87 View Post
    Yeah, optimism is my unfortunate trait (hell I am a Toronto sports fan .)

Although, "easier" could mean its some obscure link on the website/account manager (because I think right now you have to actually type in the address, nowhere on toronofc.ca yet)
    ya this my point.....they're gonna have to make the opt out something that is at least visible on the site/account manger otherwise that's really shady....