Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A note to those wanting tickets:

Supporters Section tickets for Montreal will be only available to RPB members (or members of another group that they allow in). Membership has it's privileges. If you are not a member, you will have to buy from the Impact wherever you can get it.

If you want to try to get spare tickets from a member who can't go on the 30th, try the ticket trader section. Odds are fairly low, though. DO NOT POST IN THIS SECTION. http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showthread.php?39673-Nov-30-7PM-TFC-vs-Impact-conference-finals&p=1818537#post1818537

MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone know the exact time SSH have to purchase their tickets by before their seats go on sale to the public?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by currystain37 View Post
    Anyone know the exact time SSH have to purchase their tickets by before their seats go on sale to the public?

Toronto FC more or less sold out of 10,000 available tickets this morning. Season seat holders (approx. 20,000) have until Wed. to purchase.
    1:01 PM - 7 Nov 2016 · Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Also I assume when those are gobbled up...they will then release the tickets in the new stand.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a blood sport, when you work in the marketing department of a team...I am not 100% convinced that all those tickets were "sold" quite that quickly.

I would wager that quite a few were simply witheld and will be released along the way.

Just my guess.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    This is a blood sport, when you work in the marketing department of a team...I am not 100% convinced that all those tickets were "sold" quite that quickly.

I would wager that quite a few were simply witheld and will be released along the way.

Just my guess.
    You are underestimating the bandwagon effect. Montreal sold 20k in one day. No marketing tricks are needed, TFC will sell out very quickly.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    You are underestimating the bandwagon effect. Montreal sold 20k in one day. No marketing tricks are needed, TFC will sell out very quickly.
    Pussplops, Baby, PUSSPLOPS!
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe. But there were unsold seats for NYCFC game 1. To go from that to selling out in 12 hours is possible, but not obvious, imho

I think they are very confident that they can sellout the 30K in proper seats at BMO. It's the 8000 temporary bleacher seats, and the pricing of those bleacher seats, that is in play here. Get the scarcity meter set right and you can get $75 each for most of those. Get it wrong, and you'll sell 3000 of them for $30 each.

I also suspect they will hold quite a few tickets back, as part of a 2017 new SSH offer, ie sign up for 2017 and we'll give you the Nov 30 game (the Raps have done quite a bit of this). Some of those will come back into ticketmaster
    Last edited by ensco; 11-08-2016 at 09:23 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There will be 35-36K, maybe even more at BMO no problem. The temporary grandstand in the south end holds 6K from my understanding. I could see them even selling some standing room only tickets after that's gone. No doubt this will be a hot ticket, will need to act fast.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe. But there were unsold seats for NYCFC game 1. To go from that to selling out in 12 hours is possible, but not obvious, imho

I think they are very confident that they can sellout the 30K in proper seats at BMO. It's the 8000 temporary bleacher seats, and the pricing of those bleacher seats, that is in play here. Get the scarcity meter set right and you can get $75 each for most of those. Get it wrong, and you'll sell 3000 of them for $30 each.
    What do you think will be at play in the scarcity meter, along the lines of truely understanding the real demand for tickets? Don't you think a packed Big O in Montreal with the media coverage that will come with will help create buzz and interest in the return leg here? Lots to ponder.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    What do you think will be at play in the scarcity meter, along the lines of truely understanding the real demand for tickets? Don't you think a packed Big O in Montreal with the media coverage that will come with will help create buzz and interest in the return leg here? Lots to ponder.
    TFC has 24 days here. The value of having BMO be "sold out" on day one is high, in terms of selling bleachers or new 2017 SSH seats.

But it could just be a wave of interest. I wouldn't bet on that, but it is possible.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also suspect they will hold quite a few tickets back, as part of a 2017 new SSH offer, ie sign up for 2017 and we'll give you the Nov 30 game (the Raps have done quite a bit of this). Some of those will come back into ticketmaster
    The difference is that the regular media, even Bob McCown, is now hyping the event. Tickets will go very, very quickly. The temporary stands will sell easily, unless they over-price them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A note to those wanting tickets:

Supporters Section tickets for Montreal will be only available to RPB members (or members of another group that they allow in). Membership has it's privileges. If you are not a member, you will have to buy from the Impact wherever you can get it.

If you want to try to get spare tickets from a member who can't go on the 30th, try the ticket trader section. Odds are fairly low, though. DO NOT POST IN THIS SECTION. http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showthread.php?39673-Nov-30-7PM-TFC-vs-Impact-conference-finals&p=1818537#post1818537

I think some people are getting tickets in the away section without being a member according to some posts on the forum. If it's not right in the red patch boys section it appears right next to it anyway, which may be a supporters or away section anyway in itself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smaller block likely any tickets not picked up by SSHs by Wednesday deadline?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post

And potentially the extra seating from the Grey Cup
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post

Amazing to see that a block is sold out already!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stupid TFC, why didnt season ticket holders get a chance to buy this block of tickets at SSH price that were released this morning, now thats MLSE greed.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

anyone have a code for these tickets or are they just going up first come?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just got an email with presale code - 16TOTID

​They're going fast...
    Toronto 'til I die although still a Leeds fan at heart...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    anyone have a code for these tickets or are they just going up first come?
    http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showth...41#post1819641
    RPB Road Warrior. DC United 9/29/07, Columbus Chaos 3/25/08, DC Rumble 5/24/08, Montreal Madness 5/27/08, Chicago 7/12/08, Kansas City Opener 3/21/09, Columbus Smoke 3/28/09, Boston Bus Bounce 8/1/09, Montreal 1000 4/7/12 Montreal 3200 3/16/2013 Columbus Bus Breakdown 3/21/15, Montreal Playoffs 10/29/15, Montreal Opener 04/23/16, Montreal East Final 11/22/16, Chicago 08/19/17, NY Semi-Final 10/30/17, Columbus East Final 11/21/17, Montreal "Dichio Lives" 3/17/18

RPB Member
    Vice-President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was watching blue dots disappear in and around my section in seconds. The map option is now gone from TM. I don't expect the tickets to last long.
    Road Games:
    2013 - Montréal , 2014 - Orlando (Disney Classic), Montréal
    2015 - Columbus, New England, Montréal
    2016 - NYCFC (Leg 2 Conference Semis), Montréal (Leg 1 Conference Final)
    2017 - Ottawa (Leg 1 Canadian Championship Semi), DCU, Red Bulls (Leg 1 Conference Final), Columbus (Leg 2 Conference Final)
    2019 - Montréal, NYCFC (Eastern Conference Semi @ Citi Field), Seattle (MLS Cup Final)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just going throw this out there: do you not see a little (maybe a lot) of hypocrisy in some RPB members getting so worked up about somebody leaking the SG password earlier this week, then posting a password in a Members only forum that was sent only to people who took the time to sign-up for Insiders' access?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got a pair for friends.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Primavera View Post
    Just going throw this out there: do you not see a little (maybe a lot) of hypocrisy in some RPB members getting so worked up about somebody leaking the SG password earlier this week, then posting a password in a Members only forum that was sent only to people who took the time to sign-up for Insiders' access?
    Its a different code, different tickets and different prices
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Its a different code, different tickets and different prices
    Thank you, and apologies.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Primavera View Post
    Thank you, and apologies.
    No worries, its a very confusing time for everyone. All the SG are leveraging what they can to help the atmosphere as much as possible. It's not meant as a slight or snub to anyone. I just wanted the facts out there so people understand the relationships that are formed between support and the team.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone know if there were any south end tickets available at all? I only got the presale code working 5 minutes after it started and the cheapest tickets available were $94 before fees.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone know if there were any south end tickets available at all? I only got the presale code working 5 minutes after it started and the cheapest tickets available were $94 before fees.
    From my experience, I've never been able to purchase South Stand tickets through public Ticketmaster channels. It's always been Stubhub or MLSE account.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

South end tickets were reserved for Supporters groups.
    RPB Road Warrior. DC United 9/29/07, Columbus Chaos 3/25/08, DC Rumble 5/24/08, Montreal Madness 5/27/08, Chicago 7/12/08, Kansas City Opener 3/21/09, Columbus Smoke 3/28/09, Boston Bus Bounce 8/1/09, Montreal 1000 4/7/12 Montreal 3200 3/16/2013 Columbus Bus Breakdown 3/21/15, Montreal Playoffs 10/29/15, Montreal Opener 04/23/16, Montreal East Final 11/22/16, Chicago 08/19/17, NY Semi-Final 10/30/17, Columbus East Final 11/21/17, Montreal "Dichio Lives" 3/17/18

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its too bad the temp seats in the north..that they will be installing for the Centenial Classic wont be ready.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RPB_RED_NATION_RPB View Post
    Its too bad the temp seats in the north..that they will be installing for the Centenial Classic wont be ready.....
    I wish they would make a permanent stand at the north and have an enclosed concourse that joins with the food building in some way or another. Kinda like the area between Union and the ACC.