Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 31373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1527
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarboroughRed View Post
    Interesting developments this morning.

After a long shower discussion with myself last night, I figured that MLSE will take advantage of this and jack the prices. Right after I got out the shower, I called my brother and said we need to get on season tickets ASAP.

Low and behold, we called an account rep we knew, got the season tickets we wanted and he threw in two MLS Cup tickets (without us begging for it, even though we were gonna) for $85.

Not complaining, just amazing how easy it was to get. Also, makes you wonder how many they have held back.

P.S. waited 11 years to have enough money to get season tickets. Was a student for the last 10 (high school, college, currently doing CPA designation) However, been to a ton of games. Made my first away trip this year for the last regular season Montreal game.
    So excited to be joining all you great folks!!!!
    Well that's interesting. And congratulations!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Still Kicking View Post
    Good and fair points Phil. Although I was one of those ssh messed with, I do think that I have an interest in improving the process rather than lashing out because I was hurt.
    Do we make TFC the villain? I think squawking does bring up greater sensitivity down the road about the relationships that folks have with those around them, not just the south end. I think it is also a study in human nature, once you save some (the south end) those not included are going to have feelings hurt.
    Do we make MLS the villain? We can squawk, but too much could have consequences. Best record team hosts MLS Cup is not carved in stone. New stadium in Orlando and new stadium in LA are both on the horizon. I would think that going back to planning host stadium well in advance is a temptation. Unhappy TFC fans might be creating a scenario that makes this Cup one to cherish.

Still odd to have heard nothing from TFC front office on this matter.
    Frankly it wouldn't bother me one bit if MLS went back to neutral site venues, not only is it fairer it gives more of a chance to fans of both teams to get tickets because the hosts's STHs wouldn't buy all their tickets and also it would give much longer to plan ahead.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After a long shower discussion with myself last night, I figured that MLSE will take advantage of this and jack the prices. Right after I got out the shower, I called my brother and said we need to get on season tickets ASAP.

Low and behold, we called an account rep we knew, got the season tickets we wanted and he threw in two MLS Cup tickets (without us begging for it, even though we were gonna) for $85.

Not complaining, just amazing how easy it was to get. Also, makes you wonder how many they have held back.

P.S. waited 11 years to have enough money to get season tickets. Was a student for the last 10 (high school, college, currently doing CPA designation) However, been to a ton of games. Made my first away trip this year for the last regular season Montreal game.
    Nice!

Out of curiosity, is there no waiting list?
    Did you just call out of the blue and get seasons?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Just to add to the point and give some perspective on how short a window MLSE had to sell/distribute tickets to the various parties, in 2010 when Toronto hosted a neutral site MLS Cup, the announcement for it was made on March 30, 2010. Also remember it was included in our season ticket package right from the get go. So outside of team, league and partners needs thre was not much to distribute, tt had already been handled months earlier. Plus who cant forget the the complete opposite happening hear, the demand for tickets crashing the week of after Goldenballs and the Galaxy getting knocked out of the West Final on penalty kicks. I bought my brother a ticket that week on stubhub for $15. Times have certainly changed as the last few days have shown.

http://www.torontofc.ca/post/2010/03...warded-toronto

I distinctly remember having amazing seats for that game, and Marvell Wynne acknowledging the supporter end with the cup during the actual presentation. Man those tickets were cheap!!

Bitter sweet given I'm missing out on tix to this final, at this point.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saw a post on facebook from 30 mins ago about a guy who has been checking every hour since yesterday at noon on ticketmaster...apparently he just got 4 seats....so maybe some may get released throughout the coming days. Not sure of the actual combo the guy searched, as it doesn't look like he looked for best available. If you are looking, you may want to check ticketmaster every so often.
    Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kudos to you for getting them!!
    Where are they? I'm curious as to which seats they were holding back for these shenanigans? Careful, you may also have to buy some Marlies seats too!!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cmonyoureds View Post
    I distinctly remember having amazing seats for that game, and Marvell Wynne acknowledging the supporter end with the cup during the actual presentation. Man those tickets were cheap!!

Bitter sweet given I'm missing out on tix to this final, at this point.
    Funny thing is, I paid $1 less for my ticket this year than I did in 2010. $55 compared to $56 LOL

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ageroo View Post
    Saw a post on facebook from 30 mins ago about a guy who has been checking every hour since yesterday at noon on ticketmaster...apparently he just got 4 seats....so maybe some may get released throughout the coming days. Not sure of the actual combo the guy searched, as it doesn't look like he looked for best available. If you are looking, you may want to check ticketmaster every so often.
    Man, I've been doing that every 30 mins. Lucky bugger.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ageroo View Post
    A partners hand tickets back they are not using tickets are released back for general sale. So everyone looking be relentless, checking back qutie often, you never know what may pop up at any minute.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    Nice!

After thinking about the tickets I checked the website so I had a pair of seats in my mind.

But yea, it was basically a cold call to an account rep we knew.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kudos to you for getting them!!
    Where are they? I'm curious as to which seats they were holding back for these shenanigans? Careful, you may also have to buy some Marlies seats too!!!
    My brother got the email so I can't remember exactly, but I believe it was section 209, row 27
    And please no, not Marlies seats lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pprzerac View Post
    I'm also looking to get my hands on a hard copy of my tickets to frame. However I'm one of those poor souls who couldn't get tickets from TM and had to purchase on stubhub. Has anyone ever been able to exchange for hardcopy tickets purchasedid from stubhub?
    This is an eticket event. Season seat holders are not being sent fancy tickets. You might be able to have the box office reprint your ticket for $5, but it will be on the generic ticketmaster style ticket.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It might be worth giving it a try. Would be a nice talking piece to hang on my wall.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice!

There is no wait list. They sent an email out last week with the same offer. I jumped on it, and was in the SSH purchase pool on Friday (4:00PM time)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After thinking about the tickets I checked the website so I had a pair of seats in my mind.

But yea, it was basically a cold call to an account rep we knew.
    Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    There is no wait list. They sent an email out last week with the same offer. I jumped on it, and was in the SSH purchase pool on Friday (4:00PM time)
    Interesting. For some reason I assumed there would be a bit of a wait list.
    Glad it worked out for you guys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting. For some reason I assumed there would be a bit of a wait list.
    Glad it worked out for you guys.
    There were a lot available when I bought, mostly in the upper east and west stands (and a handful of expensive seats in the lower bowl). I think a lot of people jumped on that offer - there were a lot available in the $575 price point - those were gone quick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When you check the Ticketmaster site now they show resale tickets. The prices these are going for are ludicrous, and TM gets a 15% cut.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

section 123 row 4 for 4200 dollars.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For anyone hitting the secondary market - TicketsNow tickets will be verified and guaranteed to be authentic (due to being part of TM). StubHub is probably fine, but there is always a possibility of fakes on there. Yes, you will get your money back if they are fake, but that will be little consolation when your ticket doesn't scan and you don't get in...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rockxlee View Post
    When you check the Ticketmaster site now they show resale tickets. The prices these are going for are ludicrous, and TM gets a 15% cut.....
    Was just looking at that.

Section 124 has 10...............10..........tickets in a row.
    Those have to be some of the tix MLS scooped from SSH's no? $924 a ticket.
    Wonder what corporate bastard lackeys got some freebies they're now pumping the prices on.
    SMH. Soooo fricckkin MAD.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about section 208 row 27? all 30tickets selling @ $672 each!!!

Was just looking at that.

Section 124 has 10...............10..........tickets in a row.
    Those have to be some of the tix MLS scooped from SSH's no? $924 a ticket.
    Wonder what corporate bastard lackeys got some freebies they're now pumping the prices on.
    SMH. Soooo fricckkin MAD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Duck View Post
    How about section 208 row 27? all 30tickets selling @ $672 each!!!
    Section 207, entire row (minus 3). $472 each.

Reminds of what Kurtis Larson tweeted:

"MLSE did right by their fans"
    *sigh*

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Section 207, entire row (minus 3). $472 each.

Reminds of what Kurtis Larson tweeted:

"MLSE did right by their fans"
    *sigh*

Just got a decent single seat for $105.00. Renewing my seasons ticket holder status did this for me.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rene Kingsriver View Post
    Frankly it wouldn't bother me one bit if MLS went back to neutral site venues, not only is it fairer it gives more of a chance to fans of both teams to get tickets because the hosts's STHs wouldn't buy all their tickets and also it would give much longer to plan ahead.
    Hell no. Neutral site sucks. The atmosphere sucks. no chance you will get 10 000 fans from each team going like a euro cup. Just look at MLS cup in 2010 in Toronto. No one cared about that game between Dallas and Colorado. I know I didn't.

Cup final at home of higher seeded team is brilliant. Gives teams another reason to do better during the season. The atmosphere is jacked to the moon. Just look at the buzz in this city right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice scarf!!

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Just to add to the point and give some perspective on how short a window MLSE had to sell/distribute tickets to the various parties, in 2010 when Toronto hosted a neutral site MLS Cup, the announcement for it was made on March 30, 2010. Also remember it was included in our season ticket package right from the get go. So outside of team, league and partners needs thre was not much to distribute, tt had already been handled months earlier. Plus who cant forget the the complete opposite happening hear, the demand for tickets crashing the week of after Goldenballs and the Galaxy getting knocked out of the West Final on penalty kicks. I bought my brother a ticket that week on stubhub for $15. Times have certainly changed as the last few days have shown.

http://www.torontofc.ca/post/2010/03...warded-toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe View Post
    Nice scarf!!
    One of my early RPB creations!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    Hell no. Neutral site sucks. The atmosphere sucks. no chance you will get 10 000 fans from each team going like a euro cup. Just look at MLS cup in 2010 in Toronto. No one cared about that game between Dallas and Colorado. I know I didn't.

Cup final at home of higher seeded team is brilliant. Gives teams another reason to do better during the season. The atmosphere is jacked to the moon. Just look at the buzz in this city right now.
    Completely agree , the only thing that was going to save that MLS Cup was the Galaxy making it and once they got knocked out in the West Final, it lost its lustre with tickets being dumped left, right and centre at bargain basement prices. Much prefer it this away where you will have a vested home crowd with a good sized away section thrown in for good measure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only RPB scarf i own....and still the most wanted one today..

And not talking bout the dicho one..lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post

Agreed

When the MLS created this rule.....Sat Dec 10th is what they imagined...and come Saturday there vison will come true!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know, me too. We made a good team . Should reunite on another sometime, I've been MIA for the most part since having a kid but I've been back lurking this year and slowly getting back into the boards

but we should get back on topic