Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1527
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BakaGaijin View Post
    Since these ticket resellers DON'T actaully have the tickets yet in their Ticketmaster accounts.......these tickets ARE NOT VALID.

So, it's technically illegal what they are doing I would say. They are selling something they don't even have ownership of yet.
    oh and by valid it mean that they work when scanned at the gates, so until they get scanned you cant say they are invalid lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcscores View Post
    Kijiji isnt selling the tickets, its a classified website, the seller the person selling the tickets has to give the money back guarantee.
    I haven't bought from Kijij/Craigslist in a while, but there definitely wasn't any guarantee attached. If people are actually getting signed documents for that stuff nowadays, good for them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GlenM View Post
    Love this read...TFC should be doing this also

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd like you all to know that I tried to advance good karma by hooking up two people needing tickets that missed out Friday and today with the two spares I had at (at cost) - if you have spares try to ensure they make their way towards the faithful. Help get people into BMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those in the temporary grandstand section, do they enter anywhere in the stadium or is there a separate entrance for them??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bargs7 View Post
    Those in the temporary grandstand section, do they enter anywhere in the stadium or is there a separate entrance for them??
    Gate 3 is listed....but im sure u can enter in the north end if you wanted

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's a regular email in my building of tickets for sports and shows. Someone is selling 2 tickets in 209 for $500 for the pair.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was lucky enough to get 4 tickets in the presale. I am pleased to say that my four going at cost to people i know who are fans but lucked out. Not looking for hero biscuits but am saying do something good for someone. It will make you feel good and maybe you will be on the recieving end some time.
    Last edited by raff; 12-06-2016 at 08:50 AM. Reason: Spelling error

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ Props to those in this thread selling their extras at face.

Just saw on Kijiji tickets in my section going for $400 each. That's unreal. And totally unacceptable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RPB_RED_NATION_RPB View Post
    Love this read...TFC should be doing this also

seriously,highly
    unlikely that toronto will ever do this, they are too big of a city with too many people

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A reminder that all requests for tickets goes in our "ticket trader" section. All requests in this thread will be deleted.

http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showth...25#post1825525
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I noticed prices in my row in 110 have dropped a bit. From $650/ticket to $420. Maybe a sign tickets are dropping generally?

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I noticed prices in my row in 110 have dropped a bit. From $650/ticket to $420. Maybe a sign tickets are dropping generally?
    Yeah, those early prices were a way for scalpers to test the market,
    and maybe score a few big sales as well.
    The secondary market prices should continue to go down as days go by.
    It takes a unique event (like the Hip concert) to keep prices high consistently.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wait till last min, all the people who wont wanna go out in the cold will sell for cheaper.always be patient, even though its tough when you wanna go so bad

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First thing I'd like to say is a big thank you to Joe Miller for selling me a pair at his cost. THIS is awesome and I rewarded him with funds for a large beverage while at the game.

Second thing is to all those angry that other people got their seats and want to pay a visit during the match to the people that got them. Please remember that they quite possibly had their seats taken and were just scrambling to get anything, just like the rest of us, and it's not their fault they got your seat. I'd hate for an ugly scene between good people happen.

The way this was handled was not done well. I can see the attempt at treating all STH's outside of the south end on an equal basis here but I think things didn't work out as planned. There must have been a better solution but I can at least acknowledge an attempt. The one thing I think they should have done is limit tickets to the number you own first, allowing all STH's to get A seat. Then, open it to the general public after that. I don't know if they have the ability to do that though. As a STH if you did not get a seat I think you should reach out to MLSE and ask what they're going to do to fix this. Let them attempt to fix each of the individual issues of no tickets first, then move on to other issues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Milanista View Post
    wait till last min, all the people who wont wanna go out in the cold will sell for cheaper.always be patient, even though its tough when you wanna go so bad
    That only works if you don't care where the seats are located, usually some select sections will be really hard to get last minute.

With the amount of people going to be looking for last minute tickets i don't see prices going down to anywhere near face value.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    First thing I'd like to say is a big thank you to Joe Miller for selling me a pair at his cost. THIS is awesome and I rewarded him with funds for a large beverage while at the game.

Second thing is to all those angry that other people got their seats and want to pay a visit during the match to the people that got them. Please remember that they quite possibly had their seats taken and were just scrambling to get anything, just like the rest of us, and it's not their fault they got your seat. I'd hate for an ugly scene between good people happen.

The way this was handled was not done well. I can see the attempt at treating all STH's outside of the south end on an equal basis here but I think things didn't work out as planned. There must have been a better solution but I can at least acknowledge an attempt. The one thing I think they should have done is limit tickets to the number you own first, allowing all STH's to get A seat. Then, open it to the general public after that. I don't know if they have the ability to do that though. As a STH if you did not get a seat I think you should reach out to MLSE and ask what they're going to do to fix this. Let them attempt to fix each of the individual issues of no tickets first, then move on to other issues.
    That is what they did.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats exactly what they did, they limited the amount of tickets you could purchase to the amount of season tickets you own and all sth's were able to get a seat, before the sth presale ended there was alot of seats remaining in the 200/temp seats. Not a single sth wasnt able to get tickets somewhere in the stadium because they didnt sell out during the sth presale. They sold out during the sth extra ticket/ttid presales though.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Big point in here - just because someone bought a scalper seat does not mean they are not a passionate supporter. Now if they get there and are not wearing red, staring at their ticket and trying to get an usher to fetch them their seat then ya, something might be up.

As for this ticket stuff - MLSE had less then 3 day to roll it out and if my past interaction with the MLS is any indication - they were tight lipped about any useful information and pretty much made demands on what they were expecting seat wise. In order to get the tickets out, MLSE had to act fast - not always the best but its not a neutral destination for the game so there wasn't weeks or months to figure it out. My understanding is that your initial re-locate purchase was limited to your seasons allotment - whether that holds true I don't know.

Good on Seattle for cracking down on their very limited lottery tickets but pretty sure their enforcement of rules circles back on strict verbage in the lottery saying you can't re sell them. Stub hub is a league sponsor, its a fact we can't ignore. Its not my desire to see tickets being sold at such outrageous prices but I really don't know what we can do when the league is getting cash from them.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post

As for this ticket stuff - MLSE had less then 3 day to roll it out and if my past interaction with the MLS is any indication - they were tight lipped about any useful information and pretty much made demands on what they were expecting seat wise. In order to get the tickets out, MLSE had to act fast - not always the best but its not a neutral destination for the game so there wasn't weeks or months to figure it out. My understanding is that your initial re-locate purchase was limited to your seasons allotment - whether that holds true I don't know.
    Good and fair points Phil. Although I was one of those ssh messed with, I do think that I have an interest in improving the process rather than lashing out because I was hurt.
    Do we make TFC the villain? I think squawking does bring up greater sensitivity down the road about the relationships that folks have with those around them, not just the south end. I think it is also a study in human nature, once you save some (the south end) those not included are going to have feelings hurt.
    Do we make MLS the villain? We can squawk, but too much could have consequences. Best record team hosts MLS Cup is not carved in stone. New stadium in Orlando and new stadium in LA are both on the horizon. I would think that going back to planning host stadium well in advance is a temptation. Unhappy TFC fans might be creating a scenario that makes this Cup one to cherish.

Still odd to have heard nothing from TFC front office on this matter.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    That is what they did.
    Exactly

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well we have very specific challenges here in Toronto that other teams don't - namely 20 000 of the 30 000 plus seats are held by seasons ticket holders. Right there that messes up the juggling job that is a final. Now by no means am I saying people can't be upset over this whole thing - I really do understand and empathize with those displaced for the final. I do have interactions with TFC and am just relaying a bit of what I hear on their side in terms of frustrations.

I also see a lot of misinformation on facebook regarding scalpers seats. All unused tickets in the southend went to the groups. So any of them you see on a secondary market web site came from either pre-existing scalpers or ssh's speculating on the market.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

does anyone have anything to say about GA standing room tickets? how much did they cost for the conference final? where were they standing? view?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If i remember correctly, standing room (ga) tickets for the conference final were $69 and went on sale that afternoon. You just move freely wherever theres standing room (beer garden, south terrace).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did not get my seats in 121 but I did get seats in 120. (I apologize to any STH in section 120 who's seat I may have.)

I'm not worried about the fans buying tickets off of stub hub. Anyone willing to pay $500 each for a ticket must be a fan. At the very least they really want to be there and be part of the party - they must have some passion for Toronto and TFC.

I am worried about the dead zone that section 121 will be (and others like it). I don't expect to see the sponsors standing and singing through the game as we did or showing any emotion at all. These sponsors are coming here to sit in the cold and watch a team they have no passion for. That's the problem, not the fans who can't afford seasons for whatever reason but desperately want to be at the game. These sponsors will be shivering their collective asses off wishing they were anywhere else but Toronto. Wait till they realize they have to stand to see over the TFC fans in the first ten rows who will all be standing through much of the game.

TFC is my team!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by michaelknewton View Post
    If i remember correctly, standing room (ga) tickets for the conference final were $69 and went on sale that afternoon. You just move freely wherever theres standing room (beer garden, south terrace).
    cheers mate ... i assume i could park right behind you lot in the south end then aswell? that would be almost as good as sitting with you

also chaps... if by the grace of god i get my hands on a ticket... can i go to the box office and trade it in for an official ticket?... one that can later be framed and kept as memorabilia?

RPB Member
    Vice-President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BramptonRed View Post

also chaps... if by the grace of god i get my hands on a ticket... can i go to the box office and trade it in for an official ticket?... one that can later be framed and kept as memorabilia?
    Not sure, but I want to see all of our playoff run tickets hard copied and mounted. That would be really cool. For those of us who have been to every game, even away games, this would be memorable. I would hang that right beside my wedding picture... :-)
    Road Games:
    2013 - Montréal , 2014 - Orlando (Disney Classic), Montréal
    2015 - Columbus, New England, Montréal
    2016 - NYCFC (Leg 2 Conference Semis), Montréal (Leg 1 Conference Final)
    2017 - Ottawa (Leg 1 Canadian Championship Semi), DCU, Red Bulls (Leg 1 Conference Final), Columbus (Leg 2 Conference Final)
    2019 - Montréal, NYCFC (Eastern Conference Semi @ Citi Field), Seattle (MLS Cup Final)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Big point in here - just because someone bought a scalper seat does not mean they are not a passionate supporter. Now if they get there and are not wearing red, staring at their ticket and trying to get an usher to fetch them their seat then ya, something might be up.

Good on Seattle for cracking down on their very limited lottery tickets but pretty sure their enforcement of rules circles back on strict verbage in the lottery saying you can't re sell them. Stub hub is a league sponsor, its a fact we can't ignore. Its not my desire to see tickets being sold at such outrageous prices but I really don't know what we can do when the league is getting cash from them.
    Just to add to the point and give some perspective on how short a window MLSE had to sell/distribute tickets to the various parties, in 2010 when Toronto hosted a neutral site MLS Cup, the announcement for it was made on March 30, 2010. Also remember it was included in our season ticket package right from the get go. So outside of team, league and partners needs thre was not much to distribute, tt had already been handled months earlier. Plus who cant forget the the complete opposite happening hear, the demand for tickets crashing the week of after Goldenballs and the Galaxy getting knocked out of the West Final on penalty kicks. I bought my brother a ticket that week on stubhub for $15. Times have certainly changed as the last few days have shown.

http://www.torontofc.ca/post/2010/03...warded-toronto

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm also looking to get my hands on a hard copy of my tickets to frame. However I'm one of those poor souls who couldn't get tickets from TM and had to purchase on stubhub. Has anyone ever been able to exchange for hardcopy tickets purchasedid from stubhub?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting developments this morning.

After a long shower discussion with myself last night, I figured that MLSE will take advantage of this and jack the prices. Right after I got out the shower, I called my brother and said we need to get on season tickets ASAP.

Low and behold, we called an account rep we knew, got the season tickets we wanted and he threw in two MLS Cup tickets (without us begging for it, even though we were gonna) for $85.

Not complaining, just amazing how easy it was to get. Also, makes you wonder how many they have held back.

P.S. waited 11 years to have enough money to get season tickets. Was a student for the last 10 (high school, college, currently doing CPA designation) However, been to a ton of games. Made my first away trip this year for the last regular season Montreal game.
    So excited to be joining all you great folks!!!!