Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If our side manages to play for the MLS Cup on BMO Field turf,.. I WANNA COUPLE OF TICKETS IN 112 FOR THAT MATCH!!!!!
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    In your profile, bottom line, underneath your phone numbers. TFC Playoffs:http/fans.mlse.com/XXXXX
    I followed this link for my tickets in lower 110 and it says my tickets are member early price of $75 but my actual cost is $350. Makes no sense.
    Last edited by jvanpeebles; 09-27-2016 at 08:04 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jvanpeebles View Post
    I followed this link for my tickets in lower 110 and it says my tickets are member early price of $75 but my actual cost is $350. Makes no sense.
    http://fans.mlse.com/LOMGL - Lower Medium Grey.

Odd, should have been $310 for a pair to both games. Hmm, or $350 a pair after the early bird period ended.

Ah, that's it. The early period to buy tickets has passed, so it's gone up from $310 ($75+$80)*2 ... to $350 ($80+$95)*2.

Wow, the increase in that second playoff game is steep!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My tickets weren't to badly priced, being in 112 you get pretty cheap season tickets compared to many other sports, however playoffs 2 games are now about 1/3 of the whole season. And many other sections the prices get pretty steep when playoff tickets cost 1/3 of your season, also when you consider all us season ticket holders got discount prices for playoffs compared to what the general public tickets will go for.....they might have gone to steep for non season ticket holders to bother buying playoffs. Might not be sell outs come playoffs. I guess we will see closer to the dates.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why is there such an increase in prices from last year? Last year the nosebleed sections were ~$45 and this year they are $75 for non-SSH. I really want to go to our first home playoff game, but I feel the prices will keep people away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Considering we didn't even have a home playoff game last year and my tickets were refunded, they should have kept prices the same as last year. Greedy as hell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Couchy81 View Post
    Considering we didn't even have a home playoff game last year and my tickets were refunded, they should have kept prices the same as last year. Greedy as hell.
    Sadly, this is the least surprising news ever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

$75 is not bad for the franchises first ever home playoff game. I got a nice pair of seats in the supporters section for a little more than that. Not sure how accurate the map is and if they're holding back seats, but sales seem to be going well for the first day of availability for non-SSH's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mistercorporate View Post
    $75 is not bad for the franchises first ever home playoff game. I got a nice pair of seats in the supporters section for a little more than that. Not sure how accurate the map is and if they're holding back seats, but sales seem to be going well for the first day of availability for non-SSH's.
    If it wasn't for the choke in the last two games of the season or the disaster in the play-in game, we would have been able to see the first ever home playoff game for $45.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Something like 26 results have to go against us, plus TFC has to lose out for them not to make the playoffs.

very simple math

we have 49pts
    7th place new england has 39pts and two games left

39+6=45

new england cant catch us

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    very simple math

we have 49pts
    7th place new england has 39pts and two games left

39+6=45

new england cant catch us
    Also we are guaranteed a home playoff date (knockout round) based on math:

5th place DC has 43 points, TFC has 49.

43+6=49 (But TFC has tie-breaker)
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are still lots of seats available. Given the excitement with Giovinco (despite our end of season slide) and our first home playoff game, I was expecting better sales. Price is most likely a factor (as are the Jays).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JonO View Post
    There are still lots of seats available. Given the excitement with Giovinco (despite our end of season slide) and our first home playoff game, I was expecting better sales. Price is most likely a factor (as are the Jays).
    To be fair, they only opened up sales to the general public an hour ago.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These prices are steep for just one game for general public. Luckily were in supporters section but seems like rest of the stadium be ready to shell out about 100 a ticket at least.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

$100 is the cheapest for an opening round/knock out round playoff game?!?

Fuuuuuuuck Thaaaaat.

I hope the stadium is half empty, though I'll gladly do my best to scalp a scalper on that day if my negotiating tactics are up to par.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The issue isn't really prices, it's weather.

The night game, if TFC play in the first round, that game will have poor attendance.

The conference semi final, if the weather forecast looks decent, you will see a tremendous surge in demand in the last 3 or 4 days.
    Last edited by ensco; 10-14-2016 at 02:24 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JonO View Post
    Toronto FC isn't the Leafs. Toronto FC isn't the Jays.
    There are roughly 30,000 seats to be sold at BMO Field against an unknown opponent on an unknown night.
    Just had a quick look at Ticketmaster. Appears 80-85% of seats are already sold for both hypothetical playoff matches.
    That's pretty good given the current climate and the international break and limited marketing.
    Last edited by KurtLarSUN; 10-14-2016 at 02:37 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ With what Kurt put above, that sounds like good sales considering the game may actually be on the 27th for us (see below from what I put in the Jays thread).

Looking at what is scheduled (both officially and hypothetically) it would be a busy night. Thinking MLSE and the City may ask MLS to schedule separately from the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Cas87 View Post
    The main thing about October 26th is that the City of Toronto may ask for the TFC game to be moved to Thursday just for traffic flow.

The hypothetical schedule for the 26th:

7pm Raptors v. Cleveland - ACC
    7:30pm TFC playoff game
    7:30pm Marlies home game
    8pm Jays World Series Game

Unfortunately, other than the TFC game, the other three are locked into their dates and time (ACC due to hockey the next night, MLB schedule locked in for TV, and Ricoh as the Marlies need to get out for the Royal Winter Fair).

Moving TFC to the 27th (as the 27,500 - 30,000 people too) would just make the traffic/transit and flow of people downtown much easier to handle (for the infrastructure and Toronto Police).
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So our play off game is to be on the 27th hypothetically?
    Thats great, we are out of town and have three fucking tickets.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I distinctly remember being told our game would be on the weekend, not sure how or why they could guarantee that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cant believe this, just saw we are gone out of province for both play off games.
    That really fucking fouls up my day. Fuck. Guess i gotta sell these fucking tickets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We still don't know when we're scheduled for a playoff game (is the 26th really a lock?). And no way in hell are we playing during a Jays World Series final, that would be suicidal...I think our ownership and MLS are smarter than that!
    Last edited by mistercorporate; 10-15-2016 at 07:30 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We still don't know when we're scheduled for a playoff game (is the 26th really a lock?). And no way in hell are we playing during a Jays World Series final, that would be suicidal...I think our ownership and MLS are smarter than that!
    It`ll all depend on where we finish in the standings! Finish 1-2, then we won`t be in the knockout round, so no weeknight game that week!

And FWIW, these are the prices NYCFC are charging for the playoffs

http://newyorkcity-mp7static.mlsdigi...layoffs-01.png

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

27th is likely, if we play in the knockout game.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    The issue isn't really prices, it's weather.

The night game, if TFC play in the first round, that game will have poor attendance.

The conference semi final, if the weather forecast looks decent, you will see a tremendous surge in demand in the last 3 or 4 days.
    I completely agree, most of the general public sale will be in the last couple days before the game. The thing is with having 30,000 seats available there never will be an urgency to buy tickets the moment they go in sale like the Raptors, Jays and Leafs. I also would curious what percentage of SSH actually picked up their playoff tickets or are waiting?

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    I completely agree, most of the general public sale will be in the last couple days before the game. The thing is with having 30,000 seats available there never will be an urgency to buy tickets the moment they go in sale like the Raptors, Jays and Leafs. I also would curious what percentage of SSH actually picked up their playoff tickets or are waiting?
    The thing is that in this scenario, those that wait will pay a higher price.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spe18 View Post
    The thing is that in this scenario, those that wait will pay a higher price.
    Season ticket holders still get 20% off I believe.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Season ticket holders still get 20% off I believe.
    I believe there's still a cut-off date for this, and even, it's not as high as the 30% if they had purchased it earlier.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking at a previous e-mail, it appears the cut off date for the 20% off was September 30.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spe18 View Post
    It`ll all depend on where we finish in the standings! Finish 1-2, then we won`t be in the knockout round, so no weeknight game that week!

And FWIW, these are the prices NYCFC are charging for the playoffs

http://newyorkcity-mp7static.mlsdigi...layoffs-01.png
    Oh man, hope youre right, ill have a fit if ive gotta miss a game.