Page 22 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel for the people that got displaced and everyone hates scalpers. Does anyone know if ssh will be able to buy tickets on monday at the 12 pm pre sale?? I want to get some as early xmas gifts for my family

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, as an upper bowl Raptors SSH I wasn't upset about that at all because I was told my chances of getting tickets to the dunk contest or ASG were nil four months before they went on sale, and that I should instead focus on getting tickets to the Rising Stars or celebrity game.

The issue here is communication. Per reddit, the Galaxy clearly state on their SSH forms that people aren't guaranteed their same tickets for MLS Cup. Was there a single person here who knew how the ticket re-allocation system would work prior to yesterday morning?
    Last edited by theaub; 12-02-2016 at 05:23 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BakaGaijin View Post
    It was inevitable that some season ticket holders would be displaced as a result of tickets going to MLS sponsors and such. This was probably the fairest way to handle it.

Deal with it.

NO.

I'm not going to just deal with it.

Did you see the point where a 6 year old kid is going to a place she isn't comfortable with?!??!?!

No it wasn't the fairest way.

Does the MLS/sponsor required tickets = the amount of non-SSH tickets?

No.

Therefore, they could have provided those SSH bumped an opportunity to have a seat not owned by a SSH.

Instead, they went with tenure.

Which means people get bumped, kids get into places they are not comfortable with and the non Supporter sections get to deal with weird moral dilemmas.

Life is maybe not what you think it is and this all is NOT what it had to be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brandino88 View Post
    Does anyone know if ssh will be able to buy tickets on monday at the 12 pm pre sale?? I want to get some as early xmas gifts for my family
    Yes. There should be another email with the codes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks man. I truely feel bad for that 6 yeard old child. They should try to get in touch with someone from the FO and not the rep to see if they can help out, but unfortunately we all know how ML$E works

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although I lucked out, I still think there could have been a better way to deal with season ticket holders.

1500 reserved for Seattle is more than expected, I thought only 500 were guaranteed. That has pros and cons.

Looking at the availability now, and considering the Monday pre-sales, I highly doubt there will be any tickets available for the public sale at 1pm on Monday. (I also got an email yesterday: "Guarantee MLS CUP Access with New Season Ticket Memberships" so more tickets are disappearing that way.) I'm sure that will be the next freak-out, i.e., no tickets available for public sale, and scalper prices through the roof. Although if someone isn't a season ticket holder, and can't figure out how to sign up for TTID, I really got say them's the breaks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel for the SSHs here.

That extra 6000 seats was a gift from god, should have given them the wiggle room to get through this.

MLS/MLSE really should have figured something out that didn't displace this many people, and didn't leave so many people worse off.

This isn't the NFL or NBA, where people have been trained on the idea of massive scarcity created by corporate sponsorship demands.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    Apparently lost my tickets in 126 and ended up in 224. From what I saw in TM, there wasn’t even a way to select other seats in the iOS app; I had to take the ones suggested.

Emailed my Account Rep and got an out of office. My young daughter is really scared of heights, which was the reason we purchased tickets as close to the pitch as was possible.

We also never made it through the lottery to any of the SSH events, despite promises early in the year from our account rep that we would be selected for at least one.

I’m an adult, and I can deal with disappointment in a constructive way (we are TFC fans, after all). However, it’s pretty awful for a kid to have to deal with that too, a kid who knows where her seat is, where she has sat to watch as many games as she could as a SSH over the years. She’s the one who loved going to the SSH events, meeting the players, etc. She gets so excited when she spots Giovinco around Yorkville and gets to say hi. She loves chatting with the people who sit around us. Hell, I even spend money at the concession with her when I’d normally never purchase food at the game.

Now, I know she won’t enjoy it as we tried sitting with friends on the second level before, and she was too scared being up that high.

Thanks, MLSE. You’ve let me down before, but now you’ve let down a 6 year old.
    I really really want to believe that if you keep trying and get to speak with a rep that the team can fix this for you, surely they could get mls or a sponsor to give up a few lower bowl seats

hope you can get something worked out.

i feel for those of you being displaced, maybe with everyone in the same boat it won't be an issue to move around some to sit near the ones you want or pack a few extra people into the rows...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks man. I truely feel bad for that 6 yeard old child. They should try to get in touch with someone from the FO and not the rep to see if they can help out, but unfortunately we all know how ML$E works
    Honestly if they got on the phone with the FO and explained the situation they would likely be able to rectify it. That's just good cuatomer service.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not MLSE that controls the tickets for this game is the league

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Season holders could, however, purchase the same number of seats before tickets went on sale to the public — plus additional tickets if they chose, according to a league spokesperson.

Nice of the league to outright lie to make SSH look bad

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    Apparently lost my tickets in 126 and ended up in 224. From what I saw in TM, there wasn’t even a way to select other seats in the iOS app; I had to take the ones suggested.

Emailed my Account Rep and got an out of office. My young daughter is really scared of heights, which was the reason we purchased tickets as close to the pitch as was possible.

We also never made it through the lottery to any of the SSH events, despite promises early in the year from our account rep that we would be selected for at least one.

I’m an adult, and I can deal with disappointment in a constructive way (we are TFC fans, after all). However, it’s pretty awful for a kid to have to deal with that too, a kid who knows where her seat is, where she has sat to watch as many games as she could as a SSH over the years. She’s the one who loved going to the SSH events, meeting the players, etc. She gets so excited when she spots Giovinco around Yorkville and gets to say hi. She loves chatting with the people who sit around us. Hell, I even spend money at the concession with her when I’d normally never purchase food at the game.

Now, I know she won’t enjoy it as we tried sitting with friends on the second level before, and she was too scared being up that high.

Thanks, MLSE. You’ve let me down before, but now you’ve let down a 6 year old.
    There are some seats still in 104 according to ticketmaster. Maybe try calling your rep and see if you can be moved there.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theaub View Post
    Season holders could, however, purchase the same number of seats before tickets went on sale to the public — plus additional tickets if they chose, according to a league spokesperson.

Nice of the league to outright lie to make SSH look bad
    Technically not a complete lie as we will have that opportunity on Monday before the public sale.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has that even been confirmed yet? All we know is that we have the TTID sale at 12 which is basically a public sale.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by grizzle View Post
    Technically not a complete lie as we will have that opportunity on Monday before the public sale.
    We have NOT been given this opportunity, at least not yet..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting how we didn't need to buy seats through ticketmaster for the 2010 final. What's changed? Other than the ~14,000 extra seats to play with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theaub View Post
    Yup, I see my friend's tickets in 107 up there for $660-ish USD plus fees. Shame.
    There are 1044 tickets for this match currently available on stubhub

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annie View Post
    There are 1044 tickets for this match currently available on stubhub
    I am sure there are plenty of scalpers who are long time SSH.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup....lots of real tickets (not paper) available heading down to the GO tunnel each game.

I still think they need to move to an ID badge/card that is transferable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Although I lucked out, I still think there could have been a better way to deal with season ticket holders.

1500 reserved for Seattle is more than expected, I thought only 500 were guaranteed. That has pros and cons.

Looking at the availability now, and considering the Monday pre-sales, I highly doubt there will be any tickets available for the public sale at 1pm on Monday. (I also got an email yesterday: "Guarantee MLS CUP Access with New Season Ticket Memberships" so more tickets are disappearing that way.) I'm sure that will be the next freak-out, i.e., no tickets available for public sale, and scalper prices through the roof. Although if someone isn't a season ticket holder, and can't figure out how to sign up for TTID, I really got say them's the breaks.
    I jumped on the SSH offer to get tickets (which I did today). I figured there would be nothing left by Monday to the general public - so I picked up seasons for $575 to get tickets. I can't make all the games so seasons usually don't make sense, but there is enough demand again I should be able to sell my unused tickets instead of throwing them on the garbage like I had to when I last let my seasons go.

Toronto Til I Die presale won't have many and the scalpers and it's will be at that one.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe they'll try to comfort everyone upset in this process by offering free tickets for next season...

...to Argos games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I feel for the SSHs here.

That extra 6000 seats was a gift from god, should have given them the wiggle room to get through this.

MLS/MLSE really should have figured something out that didn't displace this many people, and didn't leave so many people worse off.

This isn't the NFL or NBA, where people have been trained on the idea of massive scarcity created by corporate sponsorship demands.
    The people being displaced by the MLS grab have some of the most expensive seats in the stadium. It's pretty clear that TFC didn't want to automatically send those high value SSH's up to the rafters and opted for a system that should let most get into at least the same type of seats they have.

That said - I had seasons for the first 6 years, and a massive part of my game day was were I sat and the people I sat with. I feel genuinely bad for those that don't get to share this moment with their seat mates. I'd be gutted.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben - D.O.W. View Post
    Just picked up my pair in 111 - $90/seat (for reference last rounds were $65/$70/$85) - so not that big a jump from previous prices. I'm pleasantly surprised they kept it below $100.
    Great to hear! Was 111 also designated as southend due to the SG status? It should have been
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Raptors season ticket holders had it worse for the All-Star game earlier this year. Regardless if they were in the lower bowl they had to choose upper bowl seats for only one of two events, All-Star Saturday night or the game itself, not both.
    This is a really shitty attitude to have toward your fellow season ticket holders. And didn't I give you free tickets once? Maybe you can pay now. How's that for ticket policy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There will also be more than a few SSH's that just aren't that invested and willing to make a tidy profit off them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This just means we get to boo Garber when he hands us the trophy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    This just means we get to boo Garber when he hands us the trophy.
    Like the low-rent Gary Bettman that he is.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    This is a really shitty attitude to have toward your fellow season ticket holders. And didn't I give you free tickets once? Maybe you can pay now. How's that for ticket policy?
    I was just stating fact as how they handled season ticket holders for all star weekend as an example of a league run event from the past. It was unfortunate this happened the way it did, better communication earlier would have been ideal.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    I was just stating fact as how they handled season ticket holders for all star weekend as an example of a league run event from the past. It was unfortunate this happened the way it did, better communication earlier would have been ideal.
    People don't want or need to hear that right now. We need a place to vent frustration with this whole thing without being told to suck it. By other supporters of all people.