Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its simple as this, the reason why those in the south end were not displaced at MLS Cup is simply because MLS partners don't want crap seats.

They really do believe we have awful seats. LOL

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Its simple as this, the reason why those in the south end were not displaced at MLS Cup is simply because MLS partners don't want crap seats.

It's not as simple as this.

This is their marquee TV event.

Manning and the league know that the south end is a feature element of the show.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I called the FO regarding the pre sale for monday..I asked if there was a pre sale for the SSH prior to the TTID promo at noon...her response no! It will be at noon the same time...I was like so what your telling me is...a loyal fan who has been investing time money and support to the team will have the same chance to add additonal tickets as a scalper or casual that as never been to a game?? Yes sir! Everyone needs to have the same chance right?? My reply...CLICK!!

I hope she was just overwhelmed with all the calls yesterday...and that there will be a slot of SSH first....but im not counting on it

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At this point I'm just hoping that the ssh email list gets sent out first. With the ttid list going out second.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got this this morning......not sure if this means only SSH are at noon, maybe we get a special code for an allocated amount of tickets......I assume lack of info is to avoid the uproar.

"If you haven't already purchased your MLS Cup tickets, tonight at 11:59PM is your pre-sale deadline to secure your seats. Monday at 12:00PM will be your opportunity to buy additional tickets (separate email to follow on Monday)."

Dom

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More bullshit for season ticket holders. SSH additional seats at the same time as the "Toronto 'Til I Die" marketing gimmick "members," wow. You guys realize that a ton of Sounders fans have been signing up for TTID, in addition to the scalpers and casuals mentioned above.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know U-Sector tweeted this. That doesn't make it a fact.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Yeah no "MLS Partner" wants [to scalp away] tickets in my "crap" section 226 either, yet most season ticket holders there were displaced anyway. Obviously they could have thrown the south end into the "grab seats by tenure" mixer as well, w/o giving the seats directly to "MLS Partners." Plenty of other displaced SSHers would be happy to go to the South End for a game. As Ensco mentioned, excluding the South End from the seat relocation disaster was a strategic decision to not piss off the supporters group, and to provide the "show" for their fancy partners & TV (in their thinking).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    It's not as simple as this.

This is their marquee TV event.

Manning and the league know that the south end is a feature element of the show.
    I know that, the southend is a big part of the overall show.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    That for sure, it's the section a lot of us love and would have been depressing to see used in a different way. I still don't get why this relocation process was for everyone outside of the south end and some premium sections and not just for those that league took seats from. We know some people were able to select their very own seats when they signed it, so why they even had to go through this process makes no sense.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    I would just like to give props to the folks who had tickets in 120 for the East Championship game and put them on stubhub for face value.

That's what support for each other is all about.

Agreed

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    Agreed
    Totally, its what we do for the game we love with the people we love. I want each and everyone of us who have been on this journey through the peaks and valleys to be there on Saturday and not looking in due to what has gone on in the last couple days. This is not the time to take advantage of those who have given so much.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So based on what I'm seeing Sounder and bandwagon jumpers and scalpers are being treated the same as SSH for extra tickets.

Next time Mr. Manning goes to a meeting with fans, I might have a word.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Yeah no "MLS Partner" wants [to scalp away] tickets in my "crap" section 226 either, yet most season ticket holders there were displaced anyway..
    The irony is that due to lousy wifi at work, I couldn't get my seats at the front of 205 and by the time I managed to actually get through, I was only able to get near the back of 226.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    So based on what I'm seeing Sounder and bandwagon jumpers and scalpers are being treated the same as SSH for extra tickets.

It would still happen even with an exclusive SSH sale. Plenty of scalpers are SSH's and plenty of other SSH's would also be happy to make a quick few hundred off extras. The whole not profiting of tickets is fairly unique the the supporters groups and not overly indicative of the general SSH population.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah but I'd rather take my shot against 9K people (assuming the average person has 2 tickets) than what will likely be 40-50K people getting the TTID e-mail

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think they really meant the presale to be accessed by Sounder fans.

Scalpers I get. Not Sounder fans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think they really meant the presale to be accessed by Sounder fans.

Scalpers I get. Not Sounder fans.
    They should restrict the next sale to Canadian credit cards only. Sounder fans will get in through Stubhub, but they should minimize sales through legit channels.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you become a TTID subscriber? I'd love to get tickets early as well from Ottawa.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I joined TTID and yet I didn't get an email with a passcode for the last game. Does anyone know how exactly it works???

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by julz10 View Post
    I joined TTID and yet I didn't get an email with a passcode for the last game. Does anyone know how exactly it works???
    Its typically done through an email with a link.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think I can be a good neighbour to a Seattle fan if they're near me. And I sit nowhere near the away fans section. Same with my season-ticket holding pals scattered hither and yon by this bastard of a ticketing process. Might even be worse for an MLS 'guest'.

It's not a hatred of Seattle fans. Quite the opposite. The support they bring is entirely respectable. Bearing that in mind, the innate knowledge and understanding that such supporters should have about match day procedures says they should avoid tempting fate by sitting in amongst TFC fans with randomly acquired tickets.

It's awful what this process is doing to TFC fans. My friends are badly affected. Even with some of us getting good seats, none of us are in our original section nor sitting anywhere close to one another. We won't be ambassadors. There'll be some very intolerant attitudes at the stadium Saturday.

So if a Seattle fan winds up on the other side of the stadium nowhere near the away seats, it shouldn't be hard to understand if they aren't recipients of compassion, civility or understanding from incensed and thin-skinned Toronto fans.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    They should restrict the next sale to Canadian credit cards only. Sounder fans will get in through Stubhub, but they should minimize sales through legit channels.
    Without snark, this is another reminded that this is a league game. I guarantee the league said we cant restrictict tickets to Sounders Fans.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red4ever View Post
    Without snark, this is another reminded that this is a league game. I guarantee the league said we cant restrictict tickets to Sounders Fans.
    From reading the ECS board, Sounders supporters have signed up for the Toronto Til I Die presale and in reality there is nothing that can be really done about it. Man if someone is up for traveling the 4,164 KM good on them. Those are dedicated supporters. The South end will be ready, its going to be fun having a massive away section at the other end.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red4ever View Post
    I agree - and that's nuts. Allowing visiting fans to purchase tickets in the home section for a match like this is nuts.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhitenorf View Post
    I don't think I can be a good neighbour to a Seattle fan if they're near me. And I sit nowhere near the away fans section. Same with my season-ticket holding pals scattered hither and yon by this bastard of a ticketing process. Might even be worse for an MLS 'guest'.

It's not a hatred of Seattle fans. Quite the opposite. The support they bring is entirely respectable. Bearing that in mind, the innate knowledge and understanding that such supporters should have about match day procedures says they should avoid tempting fate by sitting in amongst TFC fans with randomly acquired tickets.

It's awful what this process is doing to TFC fans. My friends are badly affected. Even with some of us getting good seats, none of us are in our original section nor sitting anywhere close to one another. We won't be ambassadors. There'll be some very intolerant attitudes at the stadium Saturday.

So if a Seattle fan winds up on the other side of the stadium nowhere near the away seats, it shouldn't be hard to understand if they aren't recipients of compassion, civility or understanding from incensed and thin-skinned Toronto fans.
    A LOT of people are upset.

From all your previous posts it's obvious to me that you are smart enough to realize that Seattle fans willing to travel thousands of miles are not the problem. Same with some random suit from Frito Lay or whatever.

The world will be watching and doesn't know or care about the screw job with the tickets.

This ticket thing does not give anyone licence to treat other people badly.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From reading the ECS board, Sounders supporters have signed up for the Toronto Til I Die presale and in reality there is nothing that can be really done about it. Man if someone is up for traveling the 4,164 KM good on them. Those are dedicated supporters. The South end will be ready, its going to be fun having a massive away section at the other end.

If TFC FO gave a fuck about it,yes there is a way to stop this,it's call IP Address.

Every new subscribes should go trough IP Address check,all with US locations,should not received email,that presale is after all fr rToronto fans,no one else
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhitenorf View Post

This is completely understandable.
    It's also understandable that said Seattle fans, if in groups, might have the exact same attitude towards those around them.

Both situations reflect an organization (MLS) that is completely incapable of understanding that support at a Football match is very, very, different than a baseball/basketball/hockey game. Kinda makes you realize they are unfit stewards of the game in North America.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't forget people like myself are using this method. How am I supposed to get tickets?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get that SSH shoukd have first dibs on tickets, I support that 150%! It's just frustrates me how for somebody like me who travels 4 hours for a home game when I can, is a loyal reader of every thread on here, lives and breathes Toronto FC probably won't get tickets for this game. Been to 7 home games and travelled away to Montreal this year and it's killing me to take that I probably won't get to attend this game