Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1527
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CBC's Marketplace did a show on Ticketmaster and how the deck is stacked against the general public. They used the example of The Tragically Hip tickets this summer selling out immediately.

Sound familiar?!

http://www.cbc.ca/marketplace/episod...he-ticket-game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    I posted this before, but will post again. Don't buy off the resale market yet. Right now is peak demand when people that were shut out are panicking and buying at top $$$. There will still be tickets later this week, and prices might be lower
    agreed!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here are the biggest MLS sponsors, and their North American HQs in brackets:

Audi (Herndon, VA)
    Heineken USA (Irving TX)
    Continental Tire (Ft Mill SC)
    Coca Cola (Atlanta)

How many of the executives at these companies own thermal underwear, would you say?

Hundreds of sponsor seats will hit the market later this week.

The people who want to go, want to go bad, but there are not that many of them. We just need a little supply to crack this.

Reposting this, as it got lost in the frenzy
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been hitting the "search again" button for over 40 minutes straight..nothing lol I think I've lost my mind

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MoodyHeath View Post
    I've been hitting the "search again" button for over 40 minutes straight..nothing lol I think I've lost my mind
    just getting an error now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by samuraizero View Post
    just getting an error now.

for
    real this is dumb.
    the crowd is going to be so quiet .
    I buy from a season ticket holder- he lost his season to corporate sponsorship
    i been trying since 12pm, with the pre sale code
    and nothing,
    i ve been trying since 12 until now, ive had 2 other people try for me as well
    what a waste
    is there a number to complain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just got the map view. It's showing no tickets in the entire stadium.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i wish the FO would come out with a statement about this,no respect for the true fan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What the actual fuck. And this is only one site. Only going to get worse too.

http://imgur.com/a/YwDzP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I just got the map view. It's showing no tickets in the entire stadium.

so annoying and on game day those scumbag scalpers that lurk at exhibition station and by car park in Liberty village will be standing there selling tickets. Makes me sick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by samuraizero View Post
    What the actual fuck. And this is only one site. Only going to get worse too.

http://imgur.com/a/YwDzP
    Tickets are actually selling or being pulled. i noted 1375 before the presale, went up to almost 1500 at 1pm. So scalpers are making their money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kurt Larson is saying there are 1,500 seats on "hold." May want to keep checking Ticketmaster before going the route of Stub Hub.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    i wish the FO would come out with a statement about this,no respect for the true fan
    And say what?

I believe all current SSHs either got their regular seats OR we given an opportunity to buy tickets in an available location.

Yes, they messed up HUGE by forcing SSHs whose seats were NOT claimed by MLS to relocated.

Aside from that, what else should they have done?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

exactly. it was always going to be a bit of a crappy situation, but they did the best that they could.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both the pre-sale and public sale was gone within seconds. I wish they sold these tickets at the door and purchasable only with a valid ID. I rather have waited the line then paying those scalpers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Primavera View Post
    And say what?

I believe all current SSHs either got their regular seats OR we given an opportunity to buy tickets in an available location.

Yes, they messed up HUGE by forcing SSHs whose seats were NOT claimed by MLS to relocated.

This would have been the perfect way to handle it. Move the ones you need to with a heartfelt apology and and a drink ticket, everyone else is super happy during a week we should have had no reason to feel bitter about.

Since they kept the south end solid for the SSH's they could have done it for far more than that.

All in all crappy communication has blown this way out of proportion.

best of luck to everyone still trying to snag a seat. as for me I'm very pissed off at the situation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Primavera View Post
    And say what?

how about saying the game is soldout and we hope the scalpers and sounders are happy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just saw someone with 19 in a row in 316. 550 USD

So, there's that

As an addendum, this tickets were under priced to start. They could have charge $20 more per seat, put that increase towards the cost of gifts (beer, swag) to compensate those moved and impacted, and voila. Oh happy week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section_105 View Post
    This would have been the perfect way to handle it. Move the ones you need to with a heartfelt apology and and a drink ticket, everyone else is super happy during a week we should have had no reason to feel bitter about.

Since they kept the south end solid for the SSH's they could have done it for far more than that.

All in all crappy communication has blown this way out of proportion.

best of luck to everyone still trying to snag a seat. as for me I'm very pissed off at the situation.
    i agree with that,it should of been a happy week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems large amounts of tickets went to scalpers. My only concern would be a less full stadium because people are, rightly so, unwilling to pay unreasonable prices.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red4ever View Post

So, there's that

As an addendum, this tickets were under priced to start. They could have charge $20 more per seat, put that increase towards the cost of gifts (beer, swag) to compensate those moved and impacted, and voila. Oh happy week.
    This just confirms the whole BS of Ticketmaster. There were obviously no SSHs in those rows. Somehow one "person" gets 19 while the majority of us nothing, and few lucky ones one or two? Really pisses me off. I don't know the relationship MLSE, and other sellers of tickets have with Ticketmaster - i.e. whether they just condone it, or actively support it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

seen on the rpb fb page...

Kurtis Larson says 1500 tickets are 'on hold'
    Have faith...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Cityboy View Post
    seen on the rpb fb page...

Kurtis Larson says 1500 tickets are 'on hold'
    Have faith...
    Interesting. Larson also just said that 30,000 tickets were made available to fans over the last 4 days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stay positive. Hopefully prices on stubhub decrease as the game approaches. I can't see anyone in their right mind paying $550 for a grandstand seat!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have other SSH friends that might have extras but they are going quick. Please let me if you are in for any ticket at face value and I will grab it on your behalf.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red4ever View Post

So, there's that

Would you rather: resale value of your Cup Final tickets crazy high on StubHub, or given away w/ a pizza dinner? Different types of shame. ( :

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UpTheReds View Post
    Stay positive. Hopefully prices on stubhub decrease as the game approaches. I can't see anyone in their right mind paying $550 for a grandstand seat!
    I'm sure they will, especially as weather reports begin to become more reliable. Nobody panic yet.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think any GA tickets were sold as part of all of this --- like the Montreal game, they may get released on Friday or Saturday before the game and flood the market a bit....as others have said, the secondary market is at its peak now when people are desperate from failing to get tickets during the onsale and are spending stupid amounts --- it will come down, weather, sponsor released tickets and potential GAs will bring things down --- not thousands of people willing to sit outside for $250+ a seat to sit on a bench in cold weather in this town, tickets will be cheaper as the event gets closer....keep checking TM throughout the week, I do it for most events and almost always get something released near the day of the event.....wish you all well in your hunt - if I see anything come up I will try to grab it for others here or post in the members section for those to grab tickets for themselves....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UpTheReds View Post
    I have other SSH friends that might have extras but they are going quick. Please let me if you are in for any ticket at face value and I will grab it on your behalf.
    check
    in box

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcfans View Post
    I don't think any GA tickets were sold as part of all of this --- like the Montreal game, they may get released on Friday or Saturday before the game and flood the market a bit....as others have said, the secondary market is at its peak now when people are desperate from failing to get tickets during the onsale and are spending stupid amounts --- it will come down, weather, sponsor released tickets and potential GAs will bring things down --- not thousands of people willing to sit outside for $250+ a seat to sit on a bench in cold weather in this town, tickets will be cheaper as the event gets closer....keep checking TM throughout the week, I do it for most events and almost always get something released near the day of the event.....wish you all well in your hunt - if I see anything come up I will try to grab it for others here or post in the members section for those to grab tickets for themselves....
    You're pretty much bang on.

Although I saw 2 tickets for 130 each and grabbed them. I didn't wanna chance it. Hate scalpers. I feel sick.