Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1527
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess I was one of the lucky ones who managed to get 2 tickets during pre-sale(Section 209) so I'm well pumped for Saturday now!

I absolutely hate scalpers. Why are they allowed to openly sell tickets at above face value on the street outside stadiums? It wouldn't take much for an undercover cop to bust them would it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UpTheReds View Post
    I have other SSH friends that might have extras but they are going quick. Please let me if you are in for any ticket at face value and I will grab it on your behalf.
    PM'ed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those who inbox'd me, if I can get anything I will grab them and get to them to you at FACE VALUE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

209 row 5 someone has 24 tickets on Stubhub all in a row. How does this happen?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have other SSH friends that might have extras but they are going quick. Please let me if you are in for any ticket at face value and I will grab it on your behalf.
    Pleas let me know if you have any more

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zorsofstesab View Post
    ....they are a scalper that had 24 in a row in SSH.... or more likely a ticket master fudge up (or it's rigged.) I'm going with the last one.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

more likely sponsor tickets and they just put it on stubhub.

Quote Originally Posted by zorsofstesab View Post

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those who inbox'd me, if I can get anything I will grab them and get to them to you at FACE VALUE.
    Potential...Supporter of the decade right here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section_105 View Post
    This would have been the perfect way to handle it. Move the ones you need to with a heartfelt apology and and a drink ticket, everyone else is super happy during a week we should have had no reason to feel bitter about.

Since they kept the south end solid for the SSH's they could have done it for far more than that.

All in all crappy communication has blown this way out of proportion.

best of luck to everyone still trying to snag a seat. as for me I'm very pissed off at the situation.
    but here is the problem with that.....how do you displace the customers who have year after year spent the most for tickets to an inferior product (since surely MLS/sponsors are going to want the best seats), only to get the boot now that its paid off by the team making the Finals? And literally everyone else in lower price points stay where they are?.....

and you would make them happy with a drink ticket? I have a pretty good feeling that the people in those seats really don't need a drink ticket.

communication could have been better, but as far as how the situation was actually handled?......I dont think much more could've been done....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After giving away so many tickets when I was a sth, now I am left hanging, hoping one of you has an extra seat, that I would gladly pay for, one seat only, anywhere in the stadium.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interestingly.........these tickets are not yet available in Ticketmaster accounts. I wonder if they will actually do a validation and void all obvious scalper transactions............

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BakaGaijin View Post
    Interestingly.........these tickets are not yet available in Ticketmaster accounts. I wonder if they will actually do a validation and void all obvious scalper transactions............
    No, just seems like the process here. Same goes for season seat holders who have purchased their allotment. Tickets are not available as of yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PM sent! Stand up gesture, cheers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BakaGaijin View Post
    unlikely.....it is no longer illegal to scalp tickets in Ontario as long as ONE of TWO criteria are met...
    1) the seller can prove tickets are legit
    2) the seller will offer a full refund in the event they are not...
    As long as 1 of those 2 are met, you can sell them for whatever you like in Ontario.

The TM hold is to make sure no one went over the per person limit....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mdc 77 View Post
    No, just seems like the process here. Same goes for season seat holders who have purchased their allotment. Tickets are not available as of yet.
    Only people who have access to their tickets as of right now are those who have them in their TFC account manager. The relocation of TFC season seat holders was handled through ticketmaster. There is a delivery delay until four days before the game.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Only people who have access to their tickets as of right now are those who have them in their TFC account manager. The relocation of TFC season seat holders was handled through ticketmaster. There is a delivery delay until four days before the game.
    And yet amazon can do same day physical shipping. Amazing world we live in.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Sorry yeah, that's what I meant. Season seat holders out of the south end, they don't have their tickets as of yet either. 4 day delay as you mentioned. Anyway, it has nothing to do with scalping.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey UpTheReds!

If you still have access to any, I would take either one or two if you can. If not, thanks anyway!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Tifoso View Post
    but here is the problem with that.....how do you displace the customers who have year after year spent the most for tickets to an inferior product (since surely MLS/sponsors are going to want the best seats), only to get the boot now that its paid off by the team making the Finals? And literally everyone else in lower price points stay where they are?.....

and you would make them happy with a drink ticket? I have a pretty good feeling that the people in those seats really don't need a drink ticket.

communication could have been better, but as far as how the situation was actually handled?......I dont think much more could've been done....
    Under the system they implemented, the customers with the most expensive seats didn't get priority. Priority was given to people by the date they purchased seasons. So those people still got the boot, without necessarily getting better access.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Under the system they implemented, the customers with the most expensive seats didn't get priority. Priority was given to people by the date they purchased seasons. So those people still got the boot, without necessarily getting better access.
    sure I understand that.....but I'm speaking specifically to the suggestion that only the people who seats were affected should've been displaced. And I'm saying that the displaced seats are most likely gonna be the most expensive ones.....so then what?

Rather than face a backlash from their most expensive customers they just made a soup out of all the tickets, save for the South end.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This from Kurt on twitter a short while ago:
    "I'm told supporters groups also received a pre-sale code to purchase additional seats before general public. TFC took care of its customers."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Primavera View Post
    "I'm told supporters groups also received a pre-sale code to purchase additional seats before general public. TFC took care of its customers."
    Interesting. I feel a little left out as a day 1 supporter. Oh well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    My read from the tweet is that you needed to have been a paid member of a SG.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    I think he was referring to the Noon presale, which AFAIK didn't really help anybody out, save for some ticket bots.......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Tifoso View Post
    I think he was referring to the Noon presale, which AFAIK didn't really help anybody out, save for some ticket bots.......
    Maybe a RPB member will clear it up. I did think that any unsold South End tickets were going to be provided to SGs for allocation amongst their memberships

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kurt needs to be twitter bombed outta that misconception.
    TFC did not, in any way, take care of anyone outside of the South End. (and absolutely that is not a shot at the South End ticket holders in my comment)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cmonyoureds View Post
    Kurt needs to be twitter bombed outta that misconception.
    TFC did not, in any way, take care of anyone outside of the South End. (and absolutely that is not a shot at the South End ticket holders in my comment)
    They did in theory I guess, as we had the presale available before the general sale. But that's like saying everyone has an equal opportunity to buy a Lamborghini.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe a RPB member will clear it up. I did think that any unsold South End tickets were going to be provided to SGs for allocation amongst their memberships
    They did indeed do that, not a lot was available but the non-SSH tickets in the south end were sold to members of supporters groups

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by charlieocc View Post
    They did indeed do that, not a lot was available but the non-SSH tickets in the south end were sold to members of supporters groups
    Well, good on MLSE for doing so (and let's hold off on twitter bombing Kurt's feed!)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, on the assumption that people here represent a large percentage of the remaining unserved demand....

Everyone here looking for tickets could theoretically find a way to connect with each other. Then you appoint one person to act for the group as a whole.

Then everyone sits and does nothing.

Nobody buys anything until same point late in the game (Saturday noon?), at which point the appointed person buys any and all. Then you have a subsequent private process for parcelling out the seats you do get.

It's called a ring, it's legality is not clear (but same for scalping), and it would work, if you had enough people, and iron clad discipline.
    Last edited by ensco; 12-05-2016 at 04:07 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”