Page 24 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bought an extra two seasons for next year. Based on today, the guarantee of MLS CUP final tickets.

Let's hope they don't botch that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    NO.

I'm not going to just deal with it.

Did you see the point where a 6 year old kid is going to a place she isn't comfortable with?!??!?!

No it wasn't the fairest way.

Does the MLS/sponsor required tickets = the amount of non-SSH tickets?

No.

Therefore, they could have provided those SSH bumped an opportunity to have a seat not owned by a SSH.

Instead, they went with tenure.

Which means people get bumped, kids get into places they are not comfortable with and the non Supporter sections get to deal with weird moral dilemmas.

Life is maybe not what you think it is and this all is NOT what it had to be.
    You know......we are playing in the final......for the title....and your whining because you feel entitled to your entitlements. Put shit into perspective.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluenose13 View Post
    No surprise that there are scalper tickets in 112.
    Blast them out and shame them
    on twitter so that they are not bought!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lennon View Post
    I have no problem with SSH getting first dibs on tickets. Didn't know that the 12:00 presale was for SSH. I thought TTID was some mailing list you could join for free.

I'm not worried. Tickets on the secondary market will drop in price as we get closer to game time (they always do). Especially if it snows.

Going to be cheaper than flying out to Colorado that's for sure.
    As far I know 12:00 presale is for TTID mailing list that you can join for free,and not for STH.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BakaGaijin View Post
    You know......we are playing in the final......for the title....and your whining because you feel entitled to your entitlements. Put shit into perspective.

I feel entitled?

Dude did you bother to even read what I wrote?

Pah... you have posted stuff indicating you don't give a shit about what your fellow supporters are going through.

Deal with being told off for it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There have been supporter area tickets in 112 on stub hub periodically for much of the season.

There was even somebody selling their seasons on their back in the winter.

That isn't new.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My tale that I have already shared as a reply to the blog post on Vocal Minority and intend to use as the basis for my blog post on Mistake by the Lake.

Ok, here I am, able to testify to the bizarre day. Yes, Ticketmaster would not let me select my own seats or even my own section. I kept on trying to make the select again button reveal beloved Section 220 on their cursed best available tickets track. The site was suspecting I was a bot and I was selecting pictures with trees in them and getting nowhere. Yes, Ticketmaster shut me out. So when I logged in the fifth time and it gave me two seats in section 222 as my best available, I was in a panicked frenzy and grabbed them. Let me in, let me in, I’ll take anything I cried before I fell to the floor in front of my computer sobbing.
    My dog came over to cheer me up.
    So I have lost my section, row, seats. btw I think my seniority level amongst TFC season seats is awfully good, maybe in the double digits good. Put me amongst those first brave volunteers.You would think that being a long timer would have saved me from this..
    This banishment also cost me money – my 220 would have been 80 a seat, two sections over has me 125 per seat.
    The damned thing is that it was a huge Ticketmaster inability to deal with traffic. Once I got on the phone to TFC and had the 45 minute wait I idly went back on to Ticketmaster and lo and behold now I could choose my section. I could not use my code anymore, could not buy another two tix at any price, but there were little buttons on my screen telling me that seats in the lower rows of 220 were available. Not my seats but close enough…
    The trouble is bigger than just one ejection. I have been in email contact with a few section 220 neighbours and we have been spewed all over. So it not as if I can swap my pair with the folks who will find themselves amongst new faces. The aspect that I think TFC front office never grasps is that our section is our soccer neighbourhood. You could offer me the swankiest seats in the place and I would turn them down in an instant. Being at the game involves being with people who know my name, greet me with a smile. I send these wonderful people Xmas cards for heaven’s sake.

I should still be on a “reached the Cup Final” high. Not be feeling that I have been both evicted AND had my party shut down.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paul-collins View Post
    Thanks!

BTW, I was stopped from selecting 2 in a group of 3 available as they didn't want me to strand one seat. I saw a single seat stranded elsewhere in 206 so obviously it's already happened, but I understand the system's logic.

I'm sure I saw someone else post about this but couldn't find it to confirm/quote, so I'm just leaving it here on its own.
    Single seats can get left behind in a variety of ways but more than likely someone in the box office probably has permission to leave single seats, which is why you saw one stranded.
    Toronto 'til I die - but I think they're trying to kill me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is still sinking in..
    I have been in Section 220 for 10 years. I write a blog called Mistake by the Lake - more a fan diary than journalism or hard hitting analysis, but my passion and pride nonetheless. Yet, it has been a look at the team from Section 220, life as a fan in Section 220. Folks around me know about my blog and are such great people and keen fans that they are always willing to share their opinions with me so that my blog can reflect the state of the Section 220 segment of the TFC fan zeitgeist.

And now we reach the Cup Final and due to TFC/MLSE decisions and Ticketmaster inability to handle season seat holder selection traffic, we can't sit in Section 220.

And even if a magic wand was waved and we were brought back to 220, my friends, my fellow loyal fans will have been spewed all over the place.
    an unfortunate mess, a mistake by the lake...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just adding my voice. Seats in 107 I've had for 5 years (and a SSH for three years prior in a different location) were not available at my 12pm time slot yesterday. Had to grab 'best available' in the 200s. By 1pm my seats - 107 row 11 28 and 29 - are on Stubhub for $700us each. While I'm happy to be going to the game, I'm pretty sad and disappointed the way this has all gone down. No idea how many of my crew got displaced. I'm looking forward to talking to whomever is in MY seats.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For those in the South who don't get it....imagine this.

Take the South end.

Now make it first come first served, but not all at the same time to EVERYBODY all over the south for seats anywhere between 111 and 118. And add in Tickmaster not letting you drill down to actual seats. And if you don't pick up those seats in that window, your chances of getting a seat to the MLS CUP FINAL is pretty slim if you don't want to pay through the nose for scalpers.

Suddenly you are competing with EVERYBODY in the south just to get in. AND, if your seats are not available, you know that you are about to take the spot of a fellow SSH somewhere because damn it you want into this game and this is your only chance to get in and that means screwing somebody else.

AND, people are selling YOUR SEAT on Stubhub within minutes.

AND....no chance whatsoever of sliding back into your normal seats.

How'd you feel about that?

The people you stand with week after week not beside you.

You'd feel pretty shitty about all this.

You'd be really angry.

You'd be upset that your experience, that your passion is being stifled because of a process chosen by MLS/MLSE. You'd be ticked off that somebody is forcing you to screw somebody else over.

Well that's what has happened to many in the rest of the stadium.

So, even if you think people are whining, stop being a dick and coming in here and telling people off. People CARE about others around them and you want to tell them to suck it up?!?!?!

In a week, we will make do and get on with it. But don't you dare tell people they can't care about the people around them because if you are in the South you proudly and rightly and manifestly do about each other. I am glad that MLSE stood up to MLS about giving the supporters groups their seats in the South. But many in the rest of their stadium are dealing with severe disappointment and you coming on here to tell them to get over it is just pure dickwadedness.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 12-03-2016 at 09:28 AM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by synkronized1 View Post
    Just adding my voice. Seats in 107 I've had for 5 years (and a SSH for three years prior in a different location) were not available at my 12pm time slot yesterday. Had to grab 'best available' in the 200s. By 1pm my seats - 107 row 11 28 and 29 - are on Stubhub for $700us each. While I'm happy to be going to the game, I'm pretty sad and disappointed the way this has all gone down. No idea how many of my crew got displaced. I'm looking forward to talking to whomever is in MY seats.
    Personally I'm not affected with this system,still it pisses me of beyond belief to see that someones long time seats are being scalped by "new owner" for one game only.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Take the South end.

Now make it first come first served, but not all at the same time to EVERYBODY all over the south for seats anywhere between 111 and 118. And add in Tickmaster not letting you drill down to actual seats. And if you don't pick up those seats in that window, your chances of getting a seat to the MLS CUP FINAL is pretty slim if you don't want to pay through the nose for scalpers.

Suddenly you are competing with EVERYBODY in the south just to get in.

You'd be really angry.

You'd be upset that your experience, that your passion is being stifled because of a process chosen by MLS/MLSE.

So, even if you think people are whining, stop being a dick and coming in here and telling people off. People CARE about others around them and you want to tell them to suck it up?!?!?!

In a week, we will make do and get on with it. But don't you dare tell people they can't care about the people around them because if you are in the South you proudly and rightly and manifestly do about each other. I am glad that MLSE stood up to MLS about giving the supporters groups their seats in the South. But many in the rest of their stadium are dealing with severe disappointment and you coming on here to tell them to get over it is just pure dickwadedness.
    I have to agree.

I get that there should be a controlled visitors supporter section and that section may be bigger than normal. Some might be displaced there but for their own enjoyment of the game, being relocated might be a blessing.

What I don't get are the tickets taken away for MLS corporate guests, VIPs and the rest.

If those fans really and truly are being offered comparable seats in other locations, why not offer the VIPs those comparable seats from the get go?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    What I don't get are the tickets taken away for MLS corporate guests, VIPs and the rest.

If those fans really and truly are being offered comparable seats in other locations, why not offer the VIPs those comparable seats from the get go?
    This is spot on. The slight of hand to call them comperable by TFC is bull

That being said, this isn't a home game. It just happens to be here. Best way I can describe it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Take the South end.

Suddenly you are competing with EVERYBODY in the south just to get in. AND, if your seats are not available, you know that you are about to take the spot of a fellow SSH somewhere because damn it you want into this game and this is your only chance to get in and that means screwing somebody else.

You'd be really angry.

You'd be upset that your experience, that your passion is being stifled because of a process chosen by MLS/MLSE. You'd be ticked off that somebody is forcing you to screw somebody else over.

We get it. We are sympathetic. We are lucky it didnt happen to us and we feel bad for everyone who has to watch the game in a differnt place.

But they aren't our seats. Not for this game. That should have been communicated better but I was expecting the worst.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    I have to agree.

I get that there should be a controlled visitors supporter section and that section may be bigger than normal. Some might be displaced there but for their own enjoyment of the game, being relocated might be a blessing.

Suit tickets probably need to be distributed in big blocks, with some branding identity. That is how these events work.

This wasn't that complex. The league effed this up. They had a problem because they had to give "good" seats to sponsors, but how much do the suits really care exactly where they are? There are only maybe 50 people (CEOs or whatever) that need the very best seats in 108 or 123. The obvious solution here was to give most of the sponsors etc the first 5 or 7 rows of the east side upper deck. Call them "the Chairman's seats". Separate it with bunting and have piles of prawn sandwiches.

By definition almost all of those upper bowl seats are held by recent SSHs (I know there are exceptions!) and there definitely isn't the same kind of neighbourhood history you see being described above. Distribute those people into non SSH seats in the lower bowl.

You always were going to have some misery with this, but they would have made a lot fewer people miserable that way, and wouldn't have disturbed the atmosphere the same way.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a nervous wreck waiting to get a ticket any ticket for the game. Will be in the lottery frenzy Monday morning. Flight booked though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man, I feel for all you displaced folks. I love my seats in 111 and it really wouldn't be the same to be at this game anywhere else.

I will say that I'm appreciative as to how cheap the tickets actually are, given the importance of this game.

Also a hearty fuck you to all those scalping tickets for way above face.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sad part in all of this is the great possibility of most these VIP seats being empty for this game,reason?

Cold,snow,-8 Celsius, VIP wont show up,they don't give a fuck if ticket get wasted,it was given to them for free anyway.

What TFC needs to do is if those VIP fuckers are not in their seats 15 minutes prior the game,give those ticket for sale,and at least put someone in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ticketmaster is absolute effing garbage. A lot of this wouldn't even have happened if their IT systems could handle a few people buying some tickets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They should at least know the VIP seats and if they see them on Stub Hub - cancel the tickets and return them to the pool. Effing VIP's....I'm a VIP in my own mind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good luck on Ticketmaster. You'll need it!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red4ever View Post
    We get it. We are sympathetic. We are lucky it didnt happen to us and we feel bad for everyone who has to watch the game in a differnt place.

But they aren't our seats. Not for this game. That should have been communicated better but I was expecting the worst.
    Thanks. I specifically tried to indicate people in the South who are not sympathetic, which by no means is the majority.

I'm now slightly dreading what's going to happen on the day if somebody confronts me from taking "their" seat. I don't need that shit. And, like everybody else, I've got people wanting to come including family. If I manage to luck into 2 other seats, I'm going to have a friend taking "my" seat I grabbed yesterday off of somebody else. Do I need to go over with her there to make sure she doesn't get any hassle?

Reading through the lines this game is being run by MLS and as such they are attempting to maximise revenue. That is the only reason I can think of their being a fight between them and MLSE over the south end.
    If you want to maximise revenue, you make everybody buy a seat new, including SSH in a presale. Because some of the SSH wouldn't bother with the hassle and you can sell those for big coin. (I'm trying to avoid thinking about a world where MLS would be stupid enough to try to give a sponsor a block of seats in the south end in order for said sponsor to enjoy the atmosphere)

Where MLSE/MLS really screwed this up was in pushing those pushed out by MLS into the opportunity to take other SSH seats based on tenure. They tried to isolate the SSH movement within the seats that all SSH's have. I get this might work in a town like CBus where there are not that many SSH's but 2/3 of BMO is filled by a SSH.

Now, unless there are 10K of SSH being moved out by MLS, what they should have done is given those SSH a chance at something among the non SSH seats that were not taken up by sponsors/MLS/media overflow. I was told by a TFC ticket official they couldn't do that due to not having enough inventory. My only response to that is the league, which remember is full of people who run this Cup Final from the experiences they had in running Super Bowls, really wasn't prepared to deal with this large a % of the seats being SSH's at a home venue and thus was in danger of missing revenue targets for this game.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 12-03-2016 at 11:01 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    I'm a nervous wreck waiting to get a ticket any ticket for the game. Will be in the lottery frenzy Monday morning. Flight booked though.
    I will tunnel in if need be, but will try and avoid that Monday morning. Good luck to all of us!

2 tix (sec115) for $250.00 is the best I have seen on the secondary.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TL/DR

All this is because MLS wants to maximise revenue out of this game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This really does suck...but to hopefully make it a bit less "sucky"...
    I've sat in 3 different sections for the 3 playoff games and the atmosphere has been incredible for all 3.
    Mindless banter, high 5's & hugs with complete strangers cheering for a similar outcome is what makes sports great.

RPB Member
    Banners Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you OgtheDim and Pinkie (and the others I missed) for your understanding towards the rest who were displaced by Scalpers and MLS. It's support from fellow Supporters I think many were seeking...the suck it up kinda responses i've seen hurt as much as the FO 'not our fault not our problem' response I got.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't agree that scalpers are taking seats and selling for huge profit.

BUT

To be devils advocate this is a major final. If this was in any other Europe country it would not be held at one Sides home ground. In England this would be at Wembley no SSH there, 50/50 fans is usually the normal, but also you would be able to get a seat at a reasonable price.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Missed the EPIC game on Wednesday as I was travelling on business in Texas of all places. Not the biggest footie market. Following the match on twitter when my phone dies in the 68th minute. Back to the office on Friday to get tickets @ 10:00 am. Im in 110 mid section. The entire section was blocked!! Ended up in 224 Row 22 - nose bleeds These tickets are dark greys so apparently an upgrade - but really so high up and far away from south end. A little pissed off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Leedsoronto View Post
    I don't agree that scalpers are taking seats and selling for huge profit.

BUT

To be devils advocate this is a major final. If this was in any other Europe country it would not be held at one Sides home ground. In England this would be at Wembley no SSH there, 50/50 fans is usually the normal, but also you would be able to get a seat at a reasonable price.
    You can disagree all you want but it's happening, that's a moot point.

To the second part of your response, you're not playing devils advocate just dealing in useless hypotheticals that add little to your attempt at an opposing viewpoint. Why does anyone insist on comparing the situation to things that are not MLS and are not Toronto FC with MLS and Toronto FC? If we were in Europe we wouldn't be in the playoffs, this game wouldn't be happening, the MLS Cup would be nothing and Toronto FC wouldn't exist.

If we want to compare then compare equivalent situations. In 2010, when Dallas and Colorado played the MLS Cup here in Toronto, SSH had the option to purchase their seats. Now, when their own team is in the MLS Cup, they get the boot.

By some peoples logic I should just be happy I'm alive, and yeah I am, but I also want to live, and that means I'm not just going to take someone flipping me the bird and screwing me backwards after supporting something for so long.