Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so apparently,
    9000 tix were available
    5000 went to sponspors
    1500 went to seattle fans

if you get season tickets for next year you can get tickets for the finals this saturday!~lol

also a friend who is a SSH- received an email saying, that there will be a limit of 4 tickets per credit card - after the audit -these tickets maybe released again
    heads up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From my ticket rep 2 minutes ago:

Glad you were able to get the seat and also, really appreciate your feedback and comments below. I will certainly them along!

We are monitoring what is posted on Stubhub. Yes, season seat holders can repost tickets and there are a number of accounts who have a number of season seats... so I will have someone look into this section specifically. But there are a number of season seat holders who might be looking to make a profit on this game and also keep in mind that sometimes what is posted on Stubhub is not legitimate.

Again, appreciate the heads up and feedback. Also, if you are looking for additional tickets and did not have luck purchasing, I would suggest you to keep checking back. A very limited number of tickets remain on team and league holds and may be released to the public over the course of the week as they are made available. Therefore, I would urge you to continue to check Torontofc.ca and ticketmaster.ca to access those tickets should they be released. You never know, you might get something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thx for keeping us informed. Still trying to score 1 ticket!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    so apparently,
    9000 tix were available
    5000 went to sponspors
    1500 went to seattle fans

if you get season tickets for next year you can get tickets for the finals this saturday!~lol

also a friend who is a SSH- received an email saying, that there will be a limit of 4 tickets per credit card - after the audit -these tickets maybe released again
    heads up
    during the presale you could buy up to 8 tickets...i highly doubt there will be an 'audit'
    Last edited by jayeden; 12-05-2016 at 04:23 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do not assume bots did all this.
    Do not say that tickets were gone after 1 minute - there's a number of people on this board that got seats, and not within the first minute.
    Dont assume it's all scalpers.

Many have written that they hit refresh with 1 second into the sale, and came up with nothing available. I know you would be bummed out, but stop and think about it. If there's 5000 seats, and there's 50,000 individuals online hitting refresh at the same time as you, the 5000 will go INTO RESERVE immediately - with everyone else on hold. Assume the average is 2 tickets for a search, that means that there's really only 2500 pairs (options) available for those 50,000 people. That's pretty low odds of being one of those that got through within the first second or minute. (numbers are only shown for demonstration purposes...)

What happens is people end up with a seat they dont want, and maybe do another search. That releases the ticket to the huge crowd still hitting refresh. This happens repeatedly. There were a number of people here reporting they got through after the first 30 minutes, and even moments before the general public sale. That means the seats were not sold out - they just weren't visible to anyone other than the lucky person who had it in front of them with the decision to buy or try again for better seats.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been hammering the process for a while but I have to now provide kudos for the ticket reps as they went above and beyond for me to get seats near some friends. They managed to snap them up somehow on TM (not sure what the interface looks like from the client side).

So, while I'm still bitter about the process and have many suggestions on how it could have been better there is some good, for me anyway, in this.

so Kudos ticket reps.
    raspberries for the process they are trying to mitigate.

edit - I would still love to be high fiving the people I've spent 10 years of ups and downs with. and to throw streamers on them.
    Last edited by Section_105; 12-05-2016 at 04:39 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I managed to snag 3 in section 219 at noon - not a bot - just a lucky bitch!

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    Do not assume bots did all this.
    Do not say that tickets were gone after 1 minute - there's a number of people on this board that got seats, and not within the first minute.
    Dont assume it's all scalpers.

Many have written that they hit refresh with 1 second into the sale, and came up with nothing available. I know you would be bummed out, but stop and think about it. If there's 5000 seats, and there's 50,000 individuals online hitting refresh at the same time as you, the 5000 will go INTO RESERVE immediately - with everyone else on hold. Assume the average is 2 tickets for a search, that means that there's really only 2500 pairs (options) available for those 50,000 people. That's pretty low odds of being one of those that got through within the first second or minute. (numbers are only shown for demonstration purposes...)

What happens is people end up with a seat they dont want, and maybe do another search. That releases the ticket to the huge crowd still hitting refresh. This happens repeatedly. There were a number of people here reporting they got through after the first 30 minutes, and even moments before the general public sale. That means the seats were not sold out - they just weren't visible to anyone other than the lucky person who had it in front of them with the decision to buy or try again for better seats.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jayeden View Post
    during the presale you could buy up to 8 tickets...i highly doubt there will be an 'audit'
    Where'd you get the 8 number?
    I was only able to search for 4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Couldn't agree more. Sent a note to mine thanking her for help. I really hate when organizations put their front line, customer facing staff in horrible positions like this!
    Quote Originally Posted by Section_105 View Post
    I've been hammering the process for a while but I have to now provide kudos for the ticket reps as they went above and beyond for me to get seats near some friends. They managed to snap them up somehow on TM (not sure what the interface looks like from the client side).

So, while I'm still bitter about the process and have many suggestions on how it could have been better there is some good, for me anyway, in this.

so Kudos ticket reps.
    raspberries for the process they are trying to mitigate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annie View Post
    I managed to snag 3 in section 219 at noon - not a bot - just a lucky bitch!
    That's a trick as well. Searching for 3 right away can be your lucky charm. It's designed to not leave singles whenever possible, and those picking singles would not disrupt a 3-in-a-row unless there were no singles left in an arena (which is very rare).

There's naturally going to be patches in the stadium with 3 in a row available.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FFS!! ... Starting at 12 noon I spent an hour and a half trying non stop to get two tickets today with no luck whatsoever. Don't know how many times I had to figure out what pictures were storefronts, apartment buildings, road signs or even feckin grass with absolutely no luck. Then I check on kijiji and find perhaps the luckiest mother fecker that ever lived ...

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-tickets/city-...ationFlag=true

... them lucky b@stards should be shot and pissed on if you ask me ... just saying.

PS. Anybody see their seats

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Again, no one will pay that. 1,100 each for seats in 108??? I really hope the ticket touts haven't left the stadium with empty holes on cup final day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how do these guys get 10 in a row.this is crazy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by buddies View Post
    FFS!! ... Starting at 12 noon I spent an hour and a half trying non stop to get two tickets today with no luck whatsoever. Don't know how many times I had to figure out what pictures were storefronts, apartment buildings, road signs or even feckin grass with absolutely no luck. Then I check on kijiji and find perhaps the luckiest mother fecker that ever lived ...

... them lucky b@stards should be shot and pissed on if you ask me ... just saying.

Disgusting. The FO should be ashamed at how they have treated the loyal season seat supporters of 10 years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is there any upside in reporting this to MLSE? Are they doing anything legally wrong? Pisses me off regardless

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by buddies View Post

That is terrible. WTF. Almost hard to believe there could be that many in the hands of these people. If true that is truly sickening and some investigation should really be done by someone who is in a position to change that. I had the opportunity to get more this morning but I didn't on purpose so other supporters would have a chance but if these type of people were also getting seats that makes me think I should have bought up what I could to resell on here to actual fans for no mark up. Hindsight is 20/20.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CountryoverClub View Post
    is there any upside in reporting this to MLSE? Are they doing anything legally wrong? Pisses me off regardless
    Yes, report them to a ticket rep. They will investigate. There are season ticket holder accounts that have large amounts of tickets though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CountryoverClub View Post
    I'm pretty sure Kijiji/Craigslist scalping actually is illegal in Ontario, so yeah I think cases like these should be reported.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by charlieocc View Post
    I'm pretty sure Kijiji/Craigslist scalping actually is illegal in Ontario, so yeah I think cases like these should be reported.
    Actually it isn't unfortunately, Its legal if "The reseller gives a money back guarantee to the buyer if the event is cancelled, or the ticket is fraudulent." word for word from the Ticket Speculation Act aka ontario ticket resale law.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I say we have a little fun with these MOFO's. Make out we are genuinely interested in buying their tickets, ask them if they will take a little less for them, make them wait a couple of hours and then tell them to fuck right off.
    Did anyone notice the guy selling tickets next to the TFC bench for $7500?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcscores View Post
    Actually it isn't unfortunately, Its legal if "The reseller gives a money back guarantee to the buyer if the event is cancelled, or the ticket is fraudulent." word for word from the Ticket Speculation Act aka ontario ticket resale law.
    Hmm, this article says that scalping on Kijiji should still be illegal but I guess if the seller is able to promise refunds for fraudulent tickets then it flies? https://www.thestar.com/business/201...lping-law.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it doesnt look like the Ticket Speculation Act has been updated, but it seems tickets could be resold at higher than face value as of July 2015: https://news.ontario.ca/mag/en/2015/...et-market.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SamK View Post
    it doesnt look like the Ticket Speculation Act has been updated, but it seems tickets could be resold at higher than face value as of July 2015: https://news.ontario.ca/mag/en/2015/...et-market.html
    https://www.ontario.ca/laws/regulation/150151

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by charlieocc View Post
    Hmm, this article says that scalping on Kijiji should still be illegal but I guess if the seller is able to promise refunds for fraudulent tickets then it flies? https://www.thestar.com/business/201...lping-law.html
    that's correct, as long as a guarantee that the ticket is valid or ticket purchase is refunded in case the event is cancelled, that makes it legal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's correct, as long as a guarantee that the ticket is valid or ticket purchase is refunded in case the event is cancelled, that makes it legal.
    Since these ticket resellers DON'T actaully have the tickets yet in their Ticketmaster accounts.......these tickets ARE NOT VALID.

So, it's technically illegal what they are doing I would say. They are selling something they don't even have ownership of yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Selling on kijiji is illegal as there is no legal mechanism to receive your money back from the site if the event doesn't take place.

• Kijiji International Limited and eBay does not offer any sort of protection programs or secure payment systems for Kijiji items. Any emails or web sites that talk about such systems are scams, even if they may have the Kijiji logo. If you receive any emails promoting these services, please forward the message to us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BakaGaijin View Post
    Since these ticket resellers DON'T actaully have the tickets yet in their Ticketmaster accounts.......these tickets ARE NOT VALID.

So, it's technically illegal what they are doing I would say. They are selling something they don't even have ownership of yet.
    I'm assuming your just making that law up yourself because i haven't read any laws that says they have to wait until they receive the tickets in hand before selling them. Receipt that they purchased the tickets should be good enough for proof.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oy, my mistake.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theaub View Post
    Selling on kijiji is illegal as there is no legal mechanism to receive your money back from the site if the event doesn't take place.

• Kijiji International Limited and eBay does not offer any sort of protection programs or secure payment systems for Kijiji items. Any emails or web sites that talk about such systems are scams, even if they may have the Kijiji logo. If you receive any emails promoting these services, please forward the message to us.

Kijiji isnt selling the tickets, its a classified website, the seller the person selling the tickets has to give the money back guarantee.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm assuming your just making that law up yourself because i haven't read any laws that says they have to wait until they receive the tickets in hand before selling them. Receipt that they purchased the tickets should be good enough for proof.
    Yup this is correct. As long as you have legal right to the tickets you are free to sell them for a markup, as long as you keep in line with the remainder of the law.

Also the overarching point here, no prosecutor cares enough to go after a guy for trying to make a couple hundred dollars on a sports ticket. Fraudulent tickets, maybe.