Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    People don't want or need to hear that right now. We need a place to vent frustration with this whole thing without being told to suck it. By other supporters of all people.
    I totally got yeah, I still can't really believe this is all reality, it's actually happening.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question: why can't Ticketmaster handle, you know, a bunch of people buying tickets? Isn't this their biz?!

Oh great, my tickets are actually available!! Oh, the map suddenly disappeared. Oh, I have to buy tje best available? It's ten sections over? On the other side? If I don't buy these shitty seats in the next 30 seconds even though mine are available I get kicked out and lose my chance? Great....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    I totally got yeah, I still can't really believe this is all reality, it's actually happening.
    Thanks. I know, it's crazy. We're hosting the final!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would advise people to stay cool.

I think there will be a lot of activity in the secondary market in the last couple of days before the game. The tickets will be at a premium, but they will be there. Big clumps of those corporate seats will be for sale. Not that many people want to sit outside at 8pm in mid December.

Maybe the ticket trader thread can help people swap to get closer to where they want to be. That would be a huge use of that thread.

But be patient - I suspect most of the action will happen starting next Wednesday/Thursday.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

want, want, want, want, want, want, want!!!!!
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a SSH for 10 years....I couldnt imagine stressing out like some of you lads that have had to go through today...to secure a seat for the final.... I'm a holder in the southend and dont have to deal with it....but all you that have ...have every right to vent and let out all your frustrations!! Im sure you all have secured a seat or two...that will relieve the stress..but it still doesnt make it right...the stadium has 37K...

18k are ssh...take care of the hand that fed you first...and what ever MLS want to do after that...so be it!

Its also unfortunate that a big number of that 18K ssh are local ticket brokers "scalpers"..... You will will able to tell who they are from the régular fan....when they post ....exemple up to 18 tickets in sec 117...104...so on and so on.....thats just reality of it all.....!
    Last edited by RPB_RED_NATION_RPB; 12-02-2016 at 07:53 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am torn by what happened today. I was affected as my 2 seats were gone, just like that. So in advance of my time slot I visited Ticketmaster to navigate and see the set-up and make sure my account was accessible and my visa was current as I had not bought using Ticketmaster in over a year. I started to panic when my work computer did not have adobe flash and I could not install it through the firewall. This meant I could not access the map to see if my season seats were available. So I had to buy "best available" and lucked out (I use luck with no sarcasm intended) because the tickets were better then my seasons. I knew I was likely buying someone else's tickets but what was I to do? Seriously? To add when I attempted to check out I kept on getting forbidden site. I just kept hitting F5 until the forbidden site went away and I bought my 2 seats. All this while trying to hide my internet site and at least attempt to look like I was working. I sincerely apologize for taking someone's tickets. I hope whoever scooped up mine enjoy them because I really wanted those 2 seats.

BTW - season ticket holder since day 1, just after the Beckham announcement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was just stating fact as how they handled season ticket holders for all star weekend as an example of a league run event from the past. It was unfortunate this happened the way it did, better communication earlier would have been ideal.
    No, it wouldn't have been ideal, it would have simply been right.

I have two emails sitting on file from two different TFC reps from communications we had when we bought our second set of seasons tickets two years ago. Both emails state as SSH we have right of first refusal to all playoff games very clearly. Not access, not a chance....they explicitly state we have first right of refusal for our seats. That was one of the major reasons we stuck by TFC this whole time and bought an additional two tickets.

As it turns out, that was a complete lie and total fabrication. When I mentioned it to my "account manager" the response was simply I'm sorry you received the wrong information. That's great, but we actually didn't just receive the wrong information but spent money and confirmed our tickets based on the information and no other policies, procedures or contracts were provided to us to read.

But of course MLSE never changes.

And to everyone trying to defend TFC by saying this is the leagues fault, you're right, it is the leagues fault, and it's also TFC's fault for providing false information to SSH and potential SSH. Apart from the two emails, two reps on the BMO floor gave me the exact same information.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCFanMan View Post
    And to everyone trying to defend TFC by saying this is the leagues fault, you're right, it is the leagues fault, and it's also TFC's fault for providing false information to SSH and potential SSH. Apart from the two emails, two reps on the BMO floor gave me the exact same information.
    It's the leagues fault that 2k - 5k people lost their seats. It's TFC/MLSE's fault that everyone had to fight for their seats. They chose not to send those people up to the rafters and leave everyone else untouched.

Improved communications would have been nice, but really wouldn't have changed the situation for the vast majority of people. People still would have bought seasons and still would be pissed about what went down.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't post here much anymore and I'm pretty much never confrontational...but can the "deal with it" folk kindly...go away. No need to be here with those comments, why??? What use? If you don't get why someone is disappointed they can't have their own seats to the biggest game ever just keep it to yourself to be honest.

Why are you trying to inflame an already frustrating situation? On a supporters message board of all places.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Take whatever pair/seats you could buy today.

2. Arrive early on December 10th and go to the seats you have been in for 10 years. Bring an invoice to prove it.

3. Hand the tickets you used to get in the gate to whoever shows up with YOUR TICKETS.

See if those bastards at MLS and MLSE want security incidents all over the stadium when the game goes live.

Just an idea.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InDa_110 View Post
    1. Take whatever pair/seats you could buy today.

2. Arrive early on December 10th and go to the seats you have been in for 10 years. Bring an invoice to prove it.

3. Hand the tickets you used to get in the gate to whoever shows up with YOUR TICKETS.

See if those bastards at MLS and MLSE want security incidents all over the stadium when the game goes live.

Just an idea.
    Lol I'm not sure that's the best idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mdc 77 View Post
    I don't post here much anymore and I'm pretty much never confrontational...but can the "deal with it" folk kindly...go away. No need to be here with those comments, why??? What use? If you don't get why someone is disappointed they can't have their own seats to the biggest game ever just keep it to yourself to be honest.

Why are you trying to inflame an already frustrating situation? On a supporters message board of all places.
    By and large, this board has never been overly sympathetic to issues outside of the supporters section. When a lot of use were getting screwed over by the FO and security in season 3 the general attitude was the same. Suck it up.

And that in no way reflects on the RPB's themselves. In fact - several of them (including the Jack - the president at the time) did what they could to help out us non-members that were struggling. That was the main reason I became a member for years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All I want is a ticket... but I need to wait for general sales. Be happy you're in!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    All I want is a ticket... but I need to wait for general sales. Be happy you're in!
    Ugh.

No, you be happy you apparently haven't been paying season ticket prices for 10 years. Consider that the people that apparently got bumped first, bottom of the west end (where the MLS suits are apparently going), have been paying insane prices for seasons tickets for a long time. Many of them through the lean and awful times, including when prices were even more insane.

Mods can we start a different "Don't worry be happy" thread, and just let folks vent a bit in here among fellow supporters if they feel they got a raw deal?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    You don't need to wait for general sales. You could have been a SSH for 10 years. And then you'd probably be just as displeased as everyone else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had seasons in 225 since Day 1 as well and there are so many people who have been in that section since day 1 also, dozens and dozens of people whose names i dont know whose faces and voices and referee snapping points i instantly recognize, many of whom missed not the lowliest of game in the worst of weather amidst vast expanses of red plastic seats, and we all just basically shared pretty much a religious experience together, and it is VERY disappointing to get jacked off for the final in this way. 'kinhell.

Very rude indeed MLS dirtbags. The only saving point is we got the home game in the first place so thats the other end of the telescope but maaaaan.....did they have to dispossess everybody for crying out loud?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On a twitter conversation with a TFC honcho, I was told there wasn't enough "inventory" to give all the people who were to be booted out by MLS a seat in the non SSH owned seats. As there are not more MLS blocked off seats then non-SSH owned seats, the word "inventory" is kinda weird. I'm skeptical that any thought went into this beyond "this is what we've always done at other venues".

If I was asking Manning a question it would be find out the % of SSH in the non supporter sections that have been displaced. Then judge the revenue gains using this system vs the atmosphere loss and the ill will created. This isn't a communication issue. A decision was made to put all SSH beyond the supporter sections through a process where in a lot of them would get moved. For the sake of tenure fairness to those bumped out of their seats by MLS.

I'd like to ask Bill Manning how many people would have been affected by moving all the SSH's bumped by MLS to non SSH seats in comparison to this way - I doubt this approach is affecting less people.

And no the comparisons I've seen to the situation of the Super Bowl and the Finals in the NBA and NHL don't match. The Super Bowl is neutral and the NBA/NHL/MLB happen over a number of games.

BTW there will be atmosphere loss. One of the defining features of Wednesday night was I heard chants start in the far north east and the far north west stands and rip their way down those sides. For once, the south wasn't doing everything. There is a chance of that happening on the 10th but it will be difficult, especially if the "mailing list" people get in on the noon hour SSH buy. Can you imagine if the Seattle fans get 1/4 of the seats on sale that hour? That would be a disaster.

Hey, I'm happy for all those who go their seats and I'm so darn close that I can't complain about my view. But the stories I'm hearing are NOT good in a time when we all should be getting excited.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

And no the comparisons I've seen to the situation of the Super Bowl and the Finals in the NBA and NHL don't match. The Super Bowl is neutral and the NBA/NHL/MLB happen over a number of games.
    Perhaps a more fairer comparison was when Bayern Munich played in the Champions League Final @ their home arena a few years ago.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Except this used to be neutral.

So they gave the higher seed the option to host, with the caveat that the same alotment of away, sponsor and league tickets would remain. So Superbowl is apt Og.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BTW there will be atmosphere loss. One of the defining features of Wednesday night was I heard chants start in the far north east and the far north west stands and rip their way down those sides. For once, the south wasn't doing everything. There is a chance of that happening on the 10th but it will be difficult, especially if the "mailing list" people get in on the noon hour SSH buy. Can you imagine if the Seattle fans get 1/4 of the seats on sale that hour? That would be a disaster.
    This is a big thing, you're right. In the south end, it's easy to chant, be loud, sing, and all the rest. Elsewhere it's often unusual to do that. You build a comfort level over time, and also a level of group excitement especially as we advanced in the playoffs. I've been in section 226 a long time, before that a few seats over in 225, but there have always been lots of changes every year. Especially this year after the over 40% price increase. The last few games, we were finally getting loud, feeling comfortable with those around us. I got my own seats for the Cup, but from watching how the seat sales went on the map, I'm sure most of the guys around me didn't. I'm sure the section will be a lot quieter than it could be as a result.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What time does the SSH presale go on Monday, or is it just have at 'er Monday morning?

RPB Member
    Banners Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just took a gander at stubhub to see if my SSH seats of 10 years were posted...low and behold it looks like at least half of my row are up for sale at $475 a piece.

It wouldn't have burned so much if the seats went to some other displaced SSH, but to find out my seats were grabbed by a shitty scalper while I am now up on the rafters takes this to another level of complete shite.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What really bothers me is that SSH dont get a shot before general onsale for extras.

Based on the run around a lot of you got, you deserve a chance to get extra seats before the people who joing the wait list 5 minutes from now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's important to point out that the scalping tickets was formally legalized in Ontario within the past year.

Write your MPP about this too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uh....become a SSH.

Sorry but not sorry...not feeling very charitable to people trying to get in on tickets early for this event when SSH's are being screwed today. I get the desire but membership should mean something.
    I have no problem with SSH getting first dibs on tickets. Didn't know that the 12:00 presale was for SSH. I thought TTID was some mailing list you could join for free.

I'm not worried. Tickets on the secondary market will drop in price as we get closer to game time (they always do). Especially if it snows.

Going to be cheaper than flying out to Colorado that's for sure.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red4ever View Post
    What really bothers me is that SSH dont get a shot before general onsale for extras.

Based on the run around a lot of you got, you deserve a chance to get extra seats before the people who joing the wait list 5 minutes from now.
    I believe there is going to be a season seat holder period before the public to get extras.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
    I just took a gander at stubhub to see if my SSH seats of 10 years were posted...low and behold it looks like at least half of my row are up for sale at $475 a piece.

It wouldn't have burned so much if the seats went to some other displaced SSH, but to find out my seats were grabbed by a shitty scalper while I am now up on the rafters takes this to another level of complete shite.
    How the hell are there three tickets on stub hub in 112 in row 12 and 13. One listing is for $550 and the other is $750. All is US Dollars, now this is beyond disgusting, who the heck has these seats.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How the hell are there three tickets on stub hub in 112 in row 12 and 13. One listing is for $550 and the other is $750. All is US Dollars, now this is beyond disgusting, who the heck has these seats.
    Oh, now you’re disgusted?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No surprise that there are scalper tickets in 112.
    RPB Road Warrior. DC United 9/29/07, Columbus Chaos 3/25/08, DC Rumble 5/24/08, Montreal Madness 5/27/08, Chicago 7/12/08, Kansas City Opener 3/21/09, Columbus Smoke 3/28/09, Boston Bus Bounce 8/1/09, Montreal 1000 4/7/12 Montreal 3200 3/16/2013 Columbus Bus Breakdown 3/21/15, Montreal Playoffs 10/29/15, Montreal Opener 04/23/16, Montreal East Final 11/22/16, Chicago 08/19/17, NY Semi-Final 10/30/17, Columbus East Final 11/21/17, Montreal "Dichio Lives" 3/17/18