Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so what was the protest about in the supporters section in the first half?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    im worried about seba.he said on his instagram that his injury is more severe then they thought and he will train hard in italy to get better.
    Vanney earlier this week said they could have played him last game if the game was important. This weeks game he said it was only a matter of how many minutes. It does not sound good.

This family emergency also sounds very strange to me. Is that being used as cover because he doesn't like the doctors here? Didn't he get a physio from Italy to come here a while ago, or get a second opinion from there?

I'm getting Defoe flashbacks with him fucking off to England under the guise of getting treatment all the while trying to get and EPL club to sign him.

Good thing Seba is different.
    Last edited by Richard; 09-24-2016 at 07:13 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    Seba was out and we were playing without an attacking midfielder. Bradley was our only creative outlet and he works best playing from a deep position.

The game didn't go our way today because we had certain guys out who prevented us from playing the best possible lineup to counteract Philly's tactics. we made the most of what we had.
    My opinion isn't based on this game only. Yes he's a good player, obviously, but overall I'm not a fan of his style.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps put in Cheyrou for Bradley, we do have a habit of not winning when Bradley's on the field. That being said he has world class games from time to time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eastend View Post
    My opinion isn't based on this game only. Yes he's a good player, obviously, but overall I'm not a fan of his style.
    But the 'style' of his play changes depending on game states and who else we have on the field. We become less reliant on Bradley to create when the rest of our best chance creators are out there. It lets him move the ball more quickly. There was no one for him to pass to today.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They cut through our midfield in the first half pretty easily. Delgado was missed as Johnson had an off game.

That sub changed things.

We have to figure out a way to play against the press from minute 1.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As for Seba, journos showed his Instagram post.

He says his family is here and his seeing his own doctor because the injury isn't healing as he'd like.

His picture is of the team.

Baring a move for money, I think he's here until he retires.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

No point in rushing him back.

No point really in anyone getting hurt. This is basically pre post season training time.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We'd rather not play the midweek game and then have to go to New York for the second leg

So no this is not just preseason.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was another poor game from Bradley. His long passing is getting worse and worse. He shouldn't be anywhere near the ball on set pieces. I wonder if he would adapt well as a CB? He's a defensive midfielder at best. I'd be looking to upgrade that role next season.

Other than the last 10 - 15 minutes the team didn't show up again. Johnson doesn't seem to be fully fit & if Giovinco doesn't get game fit before the play-offs it could be pretty dire. These big season end home games should be creating momentum but in a fashion we are all to familiar with the steam seems to be coming out of this team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    No point in rushing him back.

No point really in anyone getting hurt. This is basically pre post season training time.
    So the Supporters Shield means nothing to you? You've bought the NA PlayOff model hook line and sinker? We're tied with two there teams for first place. The goal has to be to win the whole thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    That was another poor game from Bradley. His long passing is getting worse and worse. He shouldn't be anywhere near the ball on set pieces. I wonder if he would adapt well as a CB? He's a defensive midfielder at best. I'd be looking to upgrade that role next season.
    You'd be looking to upgrade on the best Defensive midfielder in the league? focusing on improving areas where we're weak seems much more pragmatic, to me at least.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

So the Supporters Shield means nothing to you? You've bought the NA PlayOff model hook line and sinker? We're tied with two there teams for first place. The goal has to be to win the whole thing.
    Ironic in that it means more to me. I would vote right now to do away with playoffs.

But not the organization and MLS. If Vanney goes out in the first game (or back to backs), his job is on the line. That's how a successful season is judged. Shield means nothing. Regular season is simply a seeding exercise for the playoffs. Designed to keep people interested and buying tickets as long as possible.

Clearly the results of an after season tournament mean nothing compared to a season long contest. You get that. I get that. But that's not how it will be judged.

So it's best to rest. Play conservative. Play not to get hurt. That's the game from here on out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was very poor, and not just in the first half. WJ very poor, Irwin error on goal, Bradley over hitting passes and free kicks, Beitshour poor as well.

moor was ok. Hagglund ok except for playing goal scorer onside. Cheyrou ok. Oso brilliant at times, but dispossed twice in our end - unusual for him - so only ok despite creating the goal. Hamilton mediocre, no impact today.

altidore and Morrow effective. But you need more than two players to win a match. They looked complacent in the first half. Need to realize that they aren't THAT good and get more focussed from the off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    As for Seba, journos showed his Instagram post.

He says his family is here and his seeing his own doctor because the injury isn't healing as he'd like.

His picture is of the team.

Baring a move for money, I think he's here until he retires.
    How many times has this guy questioned the medical staff here?

At some point it becomes embarrassing that he keeps getting treatment elsewhere. Canada is a first world country.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watched the penalty claim several times on MLS live.. No doubt about it at all. How it could be interpreted as a foul BY Altidore rather than a foul on him when the guy kicks him so hard he falls over is mind boggling.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    How many times has this guy questioned the medical staff here?

At some point it becomes embarrassing that he keeps getting treatment elsewhere. Canada is a first world country.
    Its who who you trust. His English is imperfect, likely hard for him to trust a non Italian Doctor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess that makes sense and to be fair if he has contacts with Juventus' medical staff then its possibly a good idea, the doctors there would know more about him.
    Last edited by Richard; 09-24-2016 at 09:14 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Ironic in that it means more to me. I would vote right now to do away with playoffs.

But not the organization and MLS. If Vanney goes out in the first game (or back to backs), his job is on the line. That's how a successful season is judged. Shield means nothing. Regular season is simply a seeding exercise for the playoffs. Designed to keep people interested and buying tickets as long as possible.

Clearly the results of an after season tournament mean nothing compared to a season long contest. You get that. I get that. But that's not how it will be judged.

So it's best to rest. Play conservative. Play not to get hurt. That's the game from here on out.
    As I said earlier,

Ur wrong. Although we should not rush Giovinco back from injury, the team must succeed now or all the work in the rest of the season is lost.

If we don't get one of the top 2 positions, we are likely to be going to New York for a decider in a 2 game series.

I know you don't think much of the playoffs but there are ways to make it easier.

Going slow now is a recipe to repeat last season.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    As I said earlier,

Ur wrong. Although we should not rush Giovinco back from injury, the team must succeed now or all the work in the rest of the season is lost.

If we don't get one of the top 2 positions, we are likely to be going to New York for a decider in a 2 game series.

I know you don't think much of the playoffs but there are ways to make it easier.

Going slow now is a recipe to repeat last season.
    Vanney and staff have to weigh the greater evil. Playing game 1 at home instead of game 2? Maybe a knockout game?

Or an injury to a key member(s) of the starting 11?

With playoff success set up to mean everything, it's a no brainer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Jozy No PK Call

Just saw the replay of the Jozy take down in the box. I relaplayed it on the TV a couple of times. All I can say is it is unbelievable that Jozy did not get the PK call. First of all there is nothing you can call on Jozy. Two guys were going for the ball Altidore did not touch the other guy he just got there quicker and the Philadelphia player took his legs out from the back. That has to be reviewed by the league and the ref reviewed. As noted by others the Philadelphia coaches felt it was a PK as well. Just a blatant screw up by the ref. Will be interesting if the league says or does anything
    Last edited by SKB; 09-24-2016 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Football1958

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh goody, Pookie is back on one of his hobby horses.

About the game, I agree with most of what was written above. One thing needs to be added though, about the poor & un-inventive passing and build-up from the back: most of the time, almost NOBODY was moving to get open for a pass, or to pull Philly players out of position to make room for a play. Irwin, one of our defenders, or Bradley would have the ball in the back, and you would have about 8 other TFC players just standing there, looking back, wondering what their team mate would do next, instead of helping to create an opportunity. Sometimes 1 or 2 guys at the most would move a bit. E.g. Altidore often riding the line, looking for a through ball or a ball over the top (but all the long passes were too inaccurate today to do any good). Sometimes one other guy would move a bit, but that's about it.

Once TFC had the ball in the attacking third, the movement often got a bit better, but today they seemed to have no clue how to facilitate a build-up from the back (other than to have a FB bomb down the wing & put in a poor cross). Philly was really compressing the game especially in the first half, and parts of the 2nd half, with a high defensive line & high pressure on TFC. So there wasn't much room for vertical movement off the ball, but there should have been WAY more lateral movement.

Also I think Babouli should have been the first sub, and earlier. We needed some speed & creativity.

I again saw some things that worry me about Vanney and possible playoff success, but I won't get into that now.
    Last edited by Auzzy; 09-24-2016 at 10:32 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 of 9 pts in last 3 home games tells me something is going on. I wonder if Seba is actually out for the rest of the season. The team looked deeply unsettled.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saw high lights of the game and in summary Ismail elfaith or whatever his name is should never ref a game for tfc again. Pure robbery.

This guy should be relegated to usl permanently lIke he was earlier in the season. 100 percent penalty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    2 of 9 pts in last 3 home games tells me something is going on. I wonder if Seba is actually out for the rest of the season. The team looked deeply unsettled.
    This is a fair point. We are wobbling big time at the most crucial moment of the season. Getting Irwin in and game ready is critical. Getting Gio back and game fit is essential for a run at the title. Johnson only managing 60 minutes since his return is a worry. The big concern is the loss of form of Bradley..we played better when he was away at COPA and injured after that. He is hurting the team and the captain America ego thing is stopping us from adjusting to deal with it. He shouldn't be playing 90 minutes every game and he shouldn't be taking dead balls. Chapman and Delgado were more effective. To give up that much possession & have Altidore given so little service at home when we are riding so high is a crime. Bradley is at best a water carrier - he is a few year past being a box to box midfielder that could create goals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    Saw high lights of the game and in summary Ismail elfaith or whatever his name is should never ref a game for tfc again. Pure robbery.

This guy should be relegated to usl permanently lIke he was earlier in the season. 100 percent penalty.
    Was a bad call on the moment. But I wouldn't blame the refs with no video replay etc.. We were lucky to get a point in this match. Philly had more chances and created more..our first half performance was a disgrace. We are not on a trajectory for a serious run at the Shield or the MLS Cup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get the feeling that we're fading a bit. We need Seba back to inject some life into the team.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a challenge in the week ahead for the local media.

Michael Bradley simply HAS to be taken to task over his piss poor play the past few games. There's simply no kind way to put it - he's been sub par and has to be held accountable.

Who is willing to risk being scorched by his intense X-Man laser death stare after daring to ask the hard questions? If Bradley is the leader he publicly positions himself to be, he'll take the initiative and come right out and admit he's been shit.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This game and performance by TFC is exactly why we are not going anywhere in the playoffs. Sure Altidore probably should have had the penalty but really it should have never had to come down to that moment. TFC came out flat and pretty much stayed that way. If we keep it up we will probably not see a home playoff game this year again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a fair point. We are wobbling big time at the most crucial moment of the season. Getting Irwin in and game ready is critical. Getting Gio back and game fit is essential for a run at the title. Johnson only managing 60 minutes since his return is a worry. The big concern is the loss of form of Bradley..we played better when he was away at COPA and injured after that. He is hurting the team and the captain America ego thing is stopping us from adjusting to deal with it. He shouldn't be playing 90 minutes every game and he shouldn't be taking dead balls. Chapman and Delgado were more effective. To give up that much possession & have Altidore given so little service at home when we are riding so high is a crime. Bradley is at best a water carrier - he is a few year past being a box to box midfielder that could create goals.
    I agree, specially the bolder section.