Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    this is what im talking about

made watching on TV brutal, can only imagine in person

hate to poop on a player, but anyone else think Endoh needs to see tfc2 or be left available for the draft?
    I was at the game so only saw the highlights and yes, they were subject to the shadows of the west stand roof as is only to be expected. Outdoor sports have this problem BUT I do wonder why this isn't taken somewhat into account when the stadiums are designed. We know that many European stadium go with transparent or semi-transparent roofing panels that allow some sunlight through in order to cut down on the shadow issues.

The lack of a back on the stand/roof means that we get full sunlight, roof shadow, sunlight coming through the gap, and then the shadow of the stand itself making it very difficult to watch and even more difficult for the techs in the production truck as they try to ride the camera iris to make the shot acceptable.

As we all know from viewing, a field in half shadow is not TV friendly.

BMO Field is not the worst offender by any means as there are some other MLS stadium ie Vancouver, Salt Lake, Philadelphia (that come mind) that have very serious problems of this sort.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't they have software to figure that stuff out? Its bush league to say we have clinched and now we have every article this morning say we have clinched. Gong show.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    ...Defence needs some work and analysis - 3 soft goals at home is very concerning.
    Yeah, we havn't had a dominating defensive effort since the Philly game. I'm thinking its about communication. Moor can only do so much and I don't see Bono doing all that much to be honest. Zaveletta needs to add that to his game in the next 3 years. I don't see us being unorganized like last season - just lacking in awareness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
    I was at the game so only saw the highlights and yes, they were subject to the shadows of the west stand roof as is only to be expected. Outdoor sports have this problem BUT I do wonder why this isn't taken somewhat into account when the stadiums are designed. We know that many European stadium go with transparent or semi-transparent roofing panels that allow some sunlight through in order to cut down on the shadow issues.

The lack of a back on the stand/roof means that we get full sunlight, roof shadow, sunlight coming through the gap, and then the shadow of the stand itself making it very difficult to watch and even more difficult for the techs in the production truck as they try to ride the camera iris to make the shot acceptable.

As we all know from viewing, a field in half shadow is not TV friendly.

BMO Field is not the worst offender by any means as there are some other MLS stadium ie Vancouver, Salt Lake, Philadelphia (that come mind) that have very serious problems of this sort.
    well, if I wasn't a TFC fan, i probably would have turned off the TV. you really couldn't follow the ball once it went into the sunny parts of the pitch during the first half. you could tell the players were pretty much blind on free kicks going North

There's cheap software that shows you exactly where the sun will be and how it will affect your architecture. Things like this shouldn't have been missed.

Or avoid certain times of the day. What was up with the Sunday 5pm start?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    well, if I wasn't a TFC fan, i probably would have turned off the TV. you really couldn't follow the ball once it went into the sunny parts of the pitch during the first half. you could tell the players were pretty much blind on free kicks going North

There's cheap software that shows you exactly where the sun will be and how it will affect your architecture. Things like this shouldn't have been missed.

Or avoid certain times of the day. What was up with the Sunday 5pm start?
    Which is why they usually play at 7pm. They made an exception for a Sunday game since FOX broadcast it nationally before their NFL game, they had around 1 million viewers for our game stateside because of this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have another one at the same time Saturday.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm trying to understand why this wasn't a problem with our numerous 5 o clock or so games in the past.

Or was it and we just didn't notice until the canopy over the West?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nlsanand View Post
    MLS doesn't know how to do the calcs. FC Dallas had qualified Saturday, but they only changed it this morning because I tweeted to them. Can you guys please also pressure TFC and MLS to correct the record. I've trying for a day, but I just seem like a whack job to them at this point. Everyone is circularly claiming citing someone else (who's then citing MLS). #playofftruther
    If you or somebody else did this graphic that was tweeted to Dan Riccio and then I copied and pasted in response to Andrew Weibe and Twellman........you win. Seems this one got the leagues attention.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    If you or somebody else did this graphic that was tweeted to Dan Riccio and then I copied and pasted in response to Andrew Weibe and Twellman........you win. Seems this one got the leagues attention.

Ha ha, that was the one I posted here. I posted it at MLSsoccer.com as well. Funny.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like Daniel Lovitz.

Now that he's not forced to start, he does really well coming off the bench. Good energy/pace. Can go wide on guys, but also has some moves to pull it to the inside and mix things up (aka the anti-Endo). Good defensive workrate. The kind of depth you need.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I'm trying to understand why this wasn't a problem with our numerous 5 o clock or so games in the past.

Or was it and we just didn't notice until the canopy over the West?
    probably the added shadows, plus this is mostly an autumn issue

but when I was buying my tickets season 1, they told me to take west side as the sun would be a nuisance some games.

Cant believe there was a time when you just pointed to the seating map and they had seats avail.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hulkrogan View Post
    I like Daniel Lovitz.

Now that he's not forced to start, he does really well coming off the bench. Good energy/pace. Can go wide on guys, but also has some moves to pull it to the inside and mix things up (aka the anti-Endo). Good defensive workrate. The kind of depth you need.
    and fearless like big Willy.

kids put on the some muscle too which helps him. He seems like a tough SOB out there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    Cooper went after Kleijstan for diving a couple of times. The Kleijstan went down again, and Cooper kicked him while he was down. Only saw it on the replays. The ref missed it.
    You couldn't really tell from the shot who's feet did the kicking. I suppose though they could check the angle and compare it with previous frames. Is that considered evidence to do him though?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    If Giovinco comes back early and re-injures himself. That needs to be the priority across the starting 11.
    Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    I think that having Giovinco back in the lineup at nothing less than 100% is a given with this coaching staff. They have been cautious throughout the season with respect to players coming off injured reserve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Vanney has shown no sign of rushing players back. Rushing Giovinco back would be stupid. Yet so would holding him back because there is a 0.05% chance of re-injury. It should be left to the physio staff when Giovinco is fit to play.
    I think Séba himself wants back. Perhaps he has designs on MVP and Golden Boot?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I agree, Orlando can't. If Orlando wins out, DC can't catch us (Orlando and DC play each other twice), and one of Montreal and New England can't catch us. So in that scenario 6th is the worst we can do. But DC can win out and catch us (they are in 7th). New England can win out and catch us (they are 6th). And Montreal can still lose to New England and catch us if they won every other game (they are 5th). We would finish 7th then if we lost every game.
    turns out you were correct!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Tfc did not clinch yet and Dallas are the first?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    turns out you were correct!!!!
    Funny thing was Taylor Twellman tweeted a copy of the posting I made here a few pages back, which I copied to the MLS website. Think that got the ball rolling.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ha ha, that was the one I posted here. I posted it at MLSsoccer.com as well. Funny.
    Good grief this league has some work to do on the bank end.

I was looking at their stats section the other day, absolutely horrific compared to what other major North American leagues offer.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny thing was Taylor Twellman tweeted a copy of the posting I made here a few pages back, which I copied to the MLS website. Think that got the ball rolling.
    The only responsible lesson to take from this is to take everything Canary10 says as gospel and never doubt him for a second; no matter how absurd the claim.

I feel he's earned that at least for the next 10-15 years.