Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    This will be my wife's first time coming with me in over 5 years. Let's hope for a big W and a good atmosphere!
    I really wouldn't worry about the atmosphere!

So guys, should we get there early for this game?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I really wouldn't worry about the atmosphere!

So guys, should we get there early for this game?
    Early is defiantly the key. There is a March to the match leaving Joe's at 5:15 so hopefully there is a big turn out for that and by the time we get to the stadium and straight to our seats the place will be packed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    So you, yourself has brought that curse into the picture. you silly, silly boy
    Nah, sports curses haven't figured out how to use the internet, so we're good so long as the don't say anything live on air.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any news if Chapman is injured? He left early in that last game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So will Cheyrou be taking Bradley's place or is he injured?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mistercorporate View Post
    So will Cheyrou be taking Bradley's place or is he injured?
    I didn't hear Bradley was injured. Where did you read that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    I didn't hear Bradley was injured. Where did you read that?
    I was referring to Cheyrou. They said during the broadcast that Bradley was suspended for the next game due to yellow card accumulation. However Kurt Larson states Bradley will be available since he didn't get a warning before his yellow card. If for any reason Bradley can't make it, I want to know if Cheyrou is healthy enough to take Bradley's place (haven't seen Cheyrou play lately so assumed he was injured).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley didn't get a yellow.

The TV guys said IF he got a yellow he'd be out for Saturday. He didn't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Delgado was the only one to get yellow.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was referring to Cheyrou. They said during the broadcast that Bradley was suspended for the next game due to yellow card accumulation. However Kurt Larson states Bradley will be available since he didn't get a warning before his yellow card. If for any reason Bradley can't make it, I want to know if Cheyrou is healthy enough to take Bradley's place (haven't seen Cheyrou play lately so assumed he was injured).
    Ok yeah I didn't read your post right. Been one of those days. Bradley didn't get a yellow in the Orlando game so he is good. He very easily could have though. I was crossing my fingers on that one. Cheyrou is still injured anyway I think.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    Well, Ticketmaster shows a grand total of one seat available (in 210) and that includes the general admission seats. Usually the hold back inventory gets released for walk ups but clearly there is going to be a full house.

I wonder if the FO is expecting some returned group tickets and that's why they haven't announced a sold out game yet.
    R U coming man?

GlenM
    "You play to win the game"

Herm Edwards - Former NFL Coach

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks guys, good to know we'll have our best lineup available on Saturday, with Cooper on the bench! This game is going to taste like a playoff game! Time to fork the poutine!! I'll eat an Ontario butter tart as a sacrifice to the soccer gods!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am really excited for this game. It will be my first game in the southend and I can't wait to sing for the boys!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't wait for this match. I'm sure it will be an incredible atmosphere. Come on you Reds!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GlenM View Post
    R U coming man?

GlenM
    Yes, coming in for this game.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately I am going to miss this game. Does anyone know if there will be a recording available online? I don't have MLS Live or a PVR.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK guys, need some help with this one. Here's the situation: I took Saturday off work specifically to watch this match. I hate Montreal but that is another story. It turns out that my wife has some stupid birthday dinner for her mother at 6pm(CDT). The old lady turns 90 or something. I want to get out of the dinner to watch the game. Any suggestions?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very proud to be part of this crowd. Going with a group of friends. We have access to a boat harbored at Alexandra Yacht Club. Tasty canapes, smart cocktails or Sangria, a few spliffs of black hash and a lovely afternoon stroll over to and about the CNE grounds before arriving early for all the fun.

The Zipper is an annual MUST RIDE! Best fairground ride ever invented.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I arrived in your fine city tonight and drank all the beer at Roger's centre. I got rid of my usual Toronto sports team bad luck on the Jay's tonight, and nothing but greener pastures for the rest of the weekend. I can't believe how incredibly pumped I am for Saturday. The weather looks amazing, and the drive past the stadium from the airport got me beyond excited.

I know this is likely not very useful information, but you will all deal with my public outburst of excitement

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jason View Post
    OK guys, need some help with this one. Here's the situation: I took Saturday off work specifically to watch this match. I hate Montreal but that is another story. It turns out that my wife has some stupid birthday dinner for her mother at 6pm(CDT). The old lady turns 90 or something. I want to get out of the dinner to watch the game. Any suggestions?
    I wouldn't condone skipping a b-day party for a mother in law BUT if you were sick with a cold or flu it would be dangerous to take the chance of spreading it to a 90 year old and her elderly friends...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the wife who sat through that Houston rain delay with you?

Dude....you owe her one. Any wife that would sit through that with you is a keeper, no matter how much your mother-in-law interferes with your fandom.

Go.

Wear a TFC shirt, have MLS Live on your phone available.

or

Stay off the interwebs, tell the family to not let you know, and watch the game on MLS Live after (make sure you have scores off)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lock yourself in a room in your mother in laws house with a laptop. Connect to her wifi and stream the game on mls live using an ip masker.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    Yes, coming in for this game.
    Awesome

GlenM
    "You play to win the game"

Herm Edwards - Former NFL Coach

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alternatively, avoid looking online for the score and stream it when you get home and pretend you're watching it live!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man they really have a big campaign to ask people to be in their seats early on Saturday. I have seen a few videos now with Will Johnson and Jozy Altidore asking people to show up early. Bill Manning was on the broadcast on Wednesday basically there to tell people to show up early. The broadcast guys mentioned it several times during the game. They have had something on the TFC website about it for at least a few days now with the same message. Most of it about the anthem being sung by supporters. Maybe they should have given away some t-shirts again or something. Free stuff brings people out early.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alternatively, avoid looking online for the score and stream it when you get home and pretend you're watching it live!
    When I need to I use my PVR for that and I have trained everyone I know that they dare not tell me the score until they have found out if I watched it or not yet. Away games mostly. Home games I am usually at the stadium.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not really about the anthem, although it is a pretty cool thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhitenorf View Post
    Very proud to be part of this crowd. Going with a group of friends. We have access to a boat harbored at Alexandra Yacht Club. Tasty canapes, smart cocktails or Sangria, a few spliffs of black hash and a lovely afternoon stroll over to and about the CNE grounds before arriving early for all the fun.

The Zipper is an annual MUST RIDE! Best fairground ride ever invented.
    Haha sick plan!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Man they really have a big campaign to ask people to be in their seats early on Saturday. I have seen a few videos now with Will Johnson and Jozy Altidore asking people to show up early. Bill Manning was on the broadcast on Wednesday basically there to tell people to show up early. The broadcast guys mentioned it several times during the game. They have had something on the TFC website about it for at least a few days now with the same message. Most of it about the anthem being sung by supporters. Maybe they should have given away some t-shirts again or something. Free stuff brings people out early.
    With the cne in the background and the mass amount of visitors to the ex I think tfc want the biggest and best show for its fans and thr public.

Imagine being at the cne and hearing thr national anthem sung by 30 000, the massive banner, fireworks, visual appeal and chanting - they're gonna be jealous and want to know what's up.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also I'm sure there's gonna be a few extra reporters at the game knowing tfc are in first.