Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    MLSE is dealing with the bozo. Good enough for me.
    They should be dealing with themselves and not the guy who brought that in. TFC/MLSE hold responsibility as they are supposed to oversee the content of banners as they make their way into the stadium. Does that not happen anymore?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Cheeba View Post
    They should be dealing with themselves and not the guy who brought that in. TFC/MLSE hold responsibility as they are supposed to oversee the content of banners as they make their way into the stadium. Does that not happen anymore?
    Yes but they clearly missed this one.

And security missed it.

Or didn't care.

All are missteps.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    what did they do last year.?
    on the final game of the season the police let droves of Montreal supporters attack our fans exiting the stadium and into the park on the way back to the subway. I myself had to dodge quite a few of them and ended up running back to the subway. There was*zero* police presence when they'd repeatedly said there would be. After the playoff game, the police just took it upon themselves to kick the shit out of as many TFC supporters as possible.

But Saputo cried to the league and to the press about what certain individuals did in stands during the first game and the only story we got was about how we used some smoke and ripped up a few seats (the same thing the Impact did the first time they came to BMO). This is how things work. Our FO needs to do a better job at setting the narrative around these things. I;m not happy with the banner, and I'm glad MLSE is supposedly dealing with the individual personally. But this continues the narrative that we're the overbearing bully in this rivalry.. It could not be further from the case.

This also overshawdows the wonderful display put on by the rest of the supporters in the south end. The impact did this on purpose because they can't get over the fact that we're the better, bigger club. Fuck the Impact. Can't wait for October 14th.

EDIT: oh right. And then UMO2 used the same smoke/flare devices we got suspended for in the playoff game most of our supporters were banned from. Because there are no rules until somoene cries foul. It's bullshit.fuck them.
    Last edited by molenshtain; 08-29-2016 at 03:00 PM.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

One idiot with an obscene banner overshadows the amazing, multi-group display that took an effort of multiple people.

If people want to talk about a banner at that game, ask me about the huge tifo and how much work went into it from the supporters. Talk about the hard work and spending their own time and money and working with the team to get rigging put in and setting up a great display. Don't ask me about one idiot who put up a rude banner that security should've caught at the gate anyway.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Impact did have buses outside the stadium right the game to take TFC supporters straight back downtown. You essentially had to be in Red to get on them. They were diligent in making sure anyone who wanted to take them knew about them.

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    on the final game of the season the police let droves of Montreal supporters attack our fans exiting the stadium and into the park on the way back to the subway. I myself had to dodge quite a few of them and ended up running back to the subway. There was*zero* police presence when they'd repeatedly said there would be. After the playoff game, the police just took it upon themselves to kick the shit out of as many TFC supporters as possible.

But Saputo cried to the league and to the press about what certain individuals did in stands during the first game and the only story we got was about how we used some smoke and ripped up a few seats (the same thing the Impact did the first time they came to BMO). This is how things work. Our FO needs to do a better job at setting the narrative around these things. I;m not happy with the banner, and I'm glad MLSE is supposedly dealing with the individual personally. But this continues the narrative that we're the overbearing bully in this rivalry.. It could not be further from the case.

This also overshawdows the wonderful display put on by the rest of the supporters in the south end. The impact did this on purpose because they can't get over the fact that we're the better, bigger club. Fuck the Impact. Can't wait for October 14th.

EDIT: oh right. And then UMO2 used the same smoke/flare devices we got suspended for in the playoff game most of our supporters were banned from. Because there are no rules until somoene cries foul. It's bullshit.fuck them.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really? Because last October I remember being ushered out into a dark wooded area with no security.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    Really? Because last October I remember being ushered out into a dark wooded area with no security.
    Yes, there was a bunch of buses offered up to take TFC suporters right back downtown. I was up beside the TFC bus on the other side of the stadium as the lads were loading up and an Impact staffer was asking anyone in TFC gear if they wanted to take the bus as this was last call for it. About 90 min or so after the game I had no issue walking over to the subway wearing my TFC cap.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was one of the last ones out and never saw or heard of any shuttle downtown. Odd, I definitely would have taken up the offer.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Yes, there was a bunch of buses offered up to take TFC suporters right back downtown. I was up beside the TFC bus on the other side of the stadium as the lads were loading up and an Impact staffer was asking anyone in TFC gear if they wanted to take the bus as this was last call for it. About 90 min or so after the game I had no issue walking over to the subway wearing my TFC cap.
    The playoff game? No, there wasn't.
    You might be thinking of the game in April.
    There was nothing done by either club in October to keep drama to a minimum.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There were no buses for the playoff game that I saw. Did see police and impact supporters in the wooded area though. Thought tfc supporters did a good job sticking together and looking out for each other. Didn't care for the three or four guys who kept charging the impact fans throwing punches and then running back to the group and hiding among those who didn't want any part of the antics.

I did hear tfc fans were attacked with retractable batons to the legs on the way in but didn't personally see that.

On another note, that Tifo was wicked. Huge congrats to the supporters groups for the effort in pulling that off and working together. That fan support should be the story of the day, no other sports team in the city has fans making that type of commitment, shame the media want to focus on the actions of one guy rather then the efforts of all those who worked on the Tifo. Awesome kick ass stuff, the groups should be really proud.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Tifoso View Post
    It doesn't excuse it, but some people will choose to be offended by it and make a story out of it, and some will choose not to and won't.....its pretty subjective, depending on where each person's limit is.....
    That's not how this works. It is objectively subjugating women as a surrogate for Montreal and its fans. This is not "offensive" because it does not depend on the receiver of the message. The message is intended to be one of subjugation.
    You say it crosses a line, and while many people agree with you, that is strictly your opinion which you're certainly entitled to....but it doesn't make it fact. There are just as many people who were not offended by it.
    This is not about opinion. It is objectively denigrating of women.

Find me 100 women who view it and are not offended by it. I'll wait.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We should now debate the semantics of what is and is not objective. Because clearly there's a consensus we're this close to nailing down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No. I'd just prefer reporting to be fair and balanced. This makes it look like a troublesome over the top action on our part, when in reality that's not the case. I don't condone the banner, it was lewd and unnecessary. But we should't face this amount of media scrutiny and possible sanctions for a for less harmful action than what they did last year and got away with scot free.
    Missed this one while I was responding to other posts. I basically agree that it would be good to get fair and balanced media treatment. But we know that's not the media market we're in.

As much as I'm perturbed by the stupid two stick on its own merits, I'm extremely pissed on behalf of the people who put all that work into the massive fun house display, and for the team itself. A stupid little thing like that is always going to get the trogs in our talk media and TV land to pay attention, and gloss over the fact that this is a serious team, with committed and serious fans, in a serious sport, that is leading their conference and second overall in the league!

We should be basking in all sorts of glowing media attention right now, but we're fighting for oxygen in the best of times. We don't need distractions. And we know that the trogs will jump all over the distraction rather than pay attention to all the good stuff, in order to justify their own prejudices, editorial choices, and jobs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Listen. Its the fucking alternative kits that are to blame.

Im serious, they're cursed and they cause people to do bad things.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    The playoff game? No, there wasn't.
    You might be thinking of the game in April.
    There was nothing done by either club in October to keep drama to a minimum.
    My bad, I completely flip flopped games in my mind having been to so many of them, it was early season game this year where Buses to downtown was offered up to TFC supporters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    One idiot with an obscene banner overshadows the amazing, multi-group display that took an effort of multiple people.

If people want to talk about a banner at that game, ask me about the huge tifo and how much work went into it from the supporters. Talk about the hard work and spending their own time and money and working with the team to get rigging put in and setting up a great display. Don't ask me about one idiot who put up a rude banner that security should've caught at the gate anyway.
    ^^^ This ^^^

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every point here is 100% accurate. I was in montreal too and had to experience that bullshit.

Montrealers are being hypocrites. Crying foul when doing the same crap or worse.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    The buses were for the playoff game for tfc fans or for this year. Not the second last regular season game we went to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRed View Post

Couldn't agree me. In fact, you've inspired me to do this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    The buses were for the playoff game for tfc fans or for this year. Not the second last regular season game we went to.
    I could be getting the regular season game and the playoff game mixed up. Two bad memories days apart have melded together after a year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SarniaTFC View Post
    Saturday night has come and gone, Sunday has done the same and Monday is now here and I'm still absolutely gutted about the result. We got the result that our performance deserved and I think we can all agree. But I just can't stand losing to those b*astards
    Exactly. And didn't you drive across for the match?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRed View Post

havent we lost at home both times we have worn it?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There were undercover cops in Tfc gear in 112 in Mtl.

When a fight almost broke out, they stepped in and flashed badges.

The police presence wasn't good enough but it sure as shit wasn't zero.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    havent we lost at home both times we have worn it?
    We wore them for the win against D.C. in July.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red4ever View Post
    There were undercover cops in Tfc gear in 112 in Mtl.

When a fight almost broke out, they stepped in and flashed badges.

The police presence wasn't good enough but it sure as shit wasn't zero.
    For the playoff game or for the season finale a couple days earlier?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had the Montreal supporter in the two-stick been depicted as a male, would it have made any difference?
    Probably not much... main difference is we'd be dealing with are shrieks of homophobia instead of sexism. But yeah, mostly the same professionally outraged and offended crowd.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Playoff game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    in reality TFC only has themselves to blame , they let the dam thing in. A big two stick like that can only be brought in though one gate, guess it was given the most vague of looks.

when i saw the news story and the banner, i thought the banner was quite funny

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red4ever View Post
    Playoff game.
    That makes sense. They were intentionally overzealous with their policing efforts for the playoff game because they knew how badly they fucked up the previous game. My point about the lack of police presence was for the finale. They stepped it up, badly, for the playoff game. That led to the beating of our fans as they left the stadium.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I looked at the article from the globe on everyone's favourite banner...

At that top they have a picture of Osorio who is described as "TFC midfielder Chris Mannella (20)". While I can't blame them for being off a single number, a simple look at the team sheet would have saved their bacon. The 5th estate is a struggling enterprise these days. It's only a matter of time before our shame is displaced by a really cute cat video.