Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    We haven't discussed locking this thread so far tbh, mind you no flame wars have broken out yet.
    No reason too, a good discussion is being had on the stupid action of a southend supporter, one of our own.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure if it has already been mentioned but in new stand by bar post game there was a horrible assault where some young lad was out cold for 10 min with blood coming from face n back of head. I don't know what went on prior to it but ambulance n police came. It wasn't something I wanted my 7 yr old seeing

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by burlington Red View Post
    Not sure if it has already been mentioned but in new stand by bar post game there was a horrible assault where some young lad was out cold for 10 min with blood coming from face n back of head. I don't know what went on prior to it but ambulance n police came. It wasn't something I wanted my 7 yr old seeing
    That is terrible, hope the FO deals with that too.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the article (from the woman who is filing the complaint with MLS):

"I think we're now really cognizant, in 2016, that sports is a fairly toxic domain for women."

This banner was completely wrong, of course, anyone with a brain can see that ... but it really bothers me how some people then go way too far the other way and over-generalize to the point of absurdity. There are definitely issues in different places around the world for women in sport, but in N. America (where I'm assuming the majority of this woman's experience comes from), there are millions and millions of women who participate in and watch sport every day, and I would think the level of 'toxicity' they experience is relatively pretty low, and when it does happen I'm would also think it is immediately condemned by anyone of any gender who's aware of it.

People have got to get off this notion (bred from the internet), that isolated incidents are always connected to some larger, societal issue (I mean, I suppose in a sense they are, but reactions to such things need to be tempered). If, for example, this banner was sanctioned by an entire supporter's group, and/or sanctioned by the FO, then it would be an example of systemic sexism and thereby indicative of a larger societal problem in that A LARGE NUMBER OF PEOPLE would have been responsible for its creation/dissemination.

But when it's one or two idiots doing something, and EVERYONE ELSE agrees it's wrong, then actually, societally, things are working out pretty well. No reasonable person believes this is okay, and who cares about unreasonable people anyway (as long they're not being violent)?

So I really hope the individuals responsible are penalized, but that it doesn't affect what good supporters are doing.
    Last edited by James17930; 08-28-2016 at 07:21 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well said James.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup the CBC is already all over this banner thing, it already has over 180 comments on their story, this will be front and centre news on all the mainstream media in Toronto and Canada, the soccer haters in the media just love these kind of stories when it comes to soccer, they look for negativities like this to write about and talk about , just watch how this becomes a big story in the next few days.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by burlington Red View Post
    Toronto guy? Or MTL?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    Yup the CBC is already all over this banner thing, it already has over 180 comments on their story,
    And thankfully most comments are bagging the CBC for even writing it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

double post
    Last edited by molenshtain; 08-28-2016 at 08:01 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    1st one and timing of everything was tough to work out. It was the goal to have the fabric down by kickoff but can't just drop as a large metal pole runs along the top to keep the image integrity. Just wanted to give you a little back ground, lots of timing discussion for the entire thing.
    Thanks for the reply and explanation. I'm sure there is a learning curve and things will get smoother with each experience.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paul-collins View Post
    This has zero to do with the rivalry. This will get bad press with the people who we need to pay attention, so that we can get the media on board.

Shit like this gives the dinosaurs an excuse to bash and then ignore.

Stupid.
    The lack of mainstream press covering the perpetrated hate crimes committed at the end of last season is a much bigger issue than the globe and mail latching on to some psuedo-sexist banner that's totally non-violent in nature.

Let's see what happens in Montreal in October and see how the press reacts to the inevitable outcome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    We missed 30 seconds of the game due to the tifo. I'm fine with missing up to 3 minutes to show that beautiful tifo. Also because the stadium isn't immediately full so u want as many ppl to see it as possible including the team.
    When you're in the south end that's what happens. Your job is to support the team in beautiful ways and unconventional ways. Portland seattle do it for many games. This was one game. And it was beautiful.
    Not in total agreement with your answer but each to their own. If the only goal of the game was scored in that first 3 minutes I would not be fine with looking at a beautiful TIFO instead of the game winning goal. I buy my ticket first and foremost to watch the game and support the team on the pitch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NYCFC lose 2-1 to Orlando. TFC maintain their 2 point lead in the east.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This Thread Title seems to have taken on an unfortunate new meaning!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Regarding the game, Vanney did acknowledge that our play with a man up didn't make sense. He didn't like the crosses and such. So it seems like he's at least aware about the problem. What I don't understand is that his player selection is what leads to that. You need very technical players to unlock defences that our bunkering. Players like Endoh aren't going to do that for you.

Also, Endoh is going to have to improve his crosses if he wants to have a decent career. He lacks skill and his first touch is poor. It's almost impossible to teach skill at his age.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SIGH

This is why this thread will be closed.

It's not pseudo sexist.

It is sexist.

And if people think just the CBC is talking about this, it's in the Sun, and will be in every other paper over the next two days.

If people don't think it's wrong, I suggest they ask their mother. And no, some random person on the Internet telling me that their female friends and family don't care does not excuse this.

As I said in the FHRITP discussion last season, this is serious stuff and does and will make some women pause before they go to a TFC game.

We all agree that this stuff isn't wanted. Good.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    LMFAO. I died.

As a side note, I don't know if sexist is the right word to use for this retardation... I mean, would it be any less offensive if it was a guy blowing another guy? It's just poor poor poor taste, but I don't think it was meant to be offensive to women.
    Last edited by Ivy; 08-28-2016 at 09:06 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    Dammit man! why would you do something like this?!?
    Sorry.

Well, it looks like there's a lot more online discussion about that two-stick than the game result. How long did the person hold the sign for that it got noticed?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anto7 View Post
    Thanks for the reply and explanation. I'm sure there is a learning curve and things will get smoother with each experience.
    No worries, we knew the battens were be going in motion during the first ~7 min of play but always wanted everything down in time. Tent wasn't going up til other side fully raised which took a little some time with wind etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ugh just ban the banner and tweet an apology. No need to make it such an issue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eastend View Post
    Well said James.
    Thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

post of the month !!!! (for noticing that)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anto7 View Post
    Not in total agreement with your answer but each to their own. If the only goal of the game was scored in that first 3 minutes I would not be fine with looking at a beautiful TIFO instead of the game winning goal. I buy my ticket first and foremost to watch the game and support the team on the pitch.
    Fair enough I get you point. But in each section of the supporters section it states your view may be obstructed by banners, flags, people standing, etc. If this is a big issue for anyone then perhaps the supporters section isn't the best place to be. It's not like you haven't been made aware of possible obstructed view.

http://bmofield.com/faqs/supporters-sections/
    Last edited by DinamoTFC; 08-28-2016 at 11:14 PM. Reason: Found official document

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    Yup the CBC is already all over this banner thing, it already has over 180 comments on their story, this will be front and centre news on all the mainstream media in Toronto and Canada, the soccer haters in the media just love these kind of stories when it comes to soccer, they look for negativities like this to write about and talk about , just watch how this becomes a big story in the next few days.
    Meh, it's just more fodder for partisan idiots to bicker back and forth. Remember FHRITP? Me either, that shit blew over and so will this.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The big top banner was dope.

That other one... pure bullshit.
    Whoever made it needs to grow the fuck up.
    Apologies for the language, but I'm pissed.
    What shocks me most is that in all the time it took to conceive the idea,
    and all the time it took to construct the banner,
    it never occurred to the folks that this was a bad idea.

Whoever is responsible should be ashamed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Horrible sexist banner, just tops off the horrible couple days of results. That along with fans throwing beer at Toia for no reason ... that game did not look good for our supporters.

Real shame that the good work with the tifo will be overshadowed by the despicable behaviour by our fellow supporters. I hope we stamp this out together.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    The second looks like shoulder to chest to me. And that's a foul.
    I agree. I had to watch it more than once but you can see the defenders arm come out and he drives the elbow into the chest. The ref was in a poor spot to see it but surely his linesman had to have had a decent view.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    The big top banner was dope.

That other one... pure bullshit.
    Whoever made it needs to grow the fuck up.
    Apologies for the language, but I'm pissed.
    What shocks me most is that in all the time it took to conceive the idea,
    and all the time it took to construct the banner,
    it never occurred to the folks that this was a bad idea.

Whoever is responsible should be ashamed.
    That's not so surprising, really ... there are idiots everywhere.

What's actually pretty shocking is that they were able to get it into the stadium and hung up without anyone noticing. There was definitely an security lapse there. I hope TFC look more into that side of the issue than anything else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Here's the one penalty shout (actually two in one). In the stadium, w/o replay and from far away, I thought PK for sure. Now I'm not sure. First one is a risky tackle, but looks like all ball first. 2nd one is shoulder vs. shoulder.

Neither were PKs, don't even need to see the replays. Homer shouts last night. A couple sketchy calls but overall I don't think the officiating should be used as the scapegoat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banned.
    For making a joke about how I'm a bad luck charm? I hope you didn't take that as "I'm not supporting the team anymore because they lost". Not the case at all.