Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Match Day 27 - Putting the Impact on the Zipper Ride - Montreal @ TFC Sat Aug 27 730

Go to this point (1:19) to see the terror.

https://youtu.be/X3Bt5pso-YQ?t=79

The Derby - the Big Match - The One Circled On All Our Calenders - The Most Heated Rivalry In MLS

Can't wait

Tic Tac...

Have At It People
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 08-22-2016 at 01:45 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This game will push my travel distance to watch TFC over the years to 17,274km

In that time I've seen 0 goals for TFC and 0 wins in MLS competition.

That said, the tide turned watching them win the Canadian Championship in Montreal with a 0-0 result.

I'm beyond pumped for my first ever home game. Against a top rival, during the Ex, the team is firing on all cylinders. The stars are aligning, this is it.

I've watched the team and the stadium itself evolve over the years, and now I finally get to take part.

Selfishly, I'm hoping for some massive squad rotation Wednesday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sold out, Cheapest ticket on stubhub is $60USD... Game is going to be packed and it is going to be loud.

BE IN YOUR SPOT BEFORE KICKOFF... REMEMBER IT TAKES TIME TO GET INTO EX GROUNDS AND INTO STADIUM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hulkrogan View Post

That said, the tide turned watching them win the Canadian Championship in Montreal with a 0-0 result.

I'm beyond pumped for my first ever home game. Against a top rival, during the Ex, the team is firing on all cylinders. The stars are aligning, this is it.

I've watched the team and the stadium itself evolve over the years, and now I finally get to take part.

You're flying all the way from Calgary to watch TFC play?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You want to be in your seats a bit before kick off for some special stuff from supporters groups.

Sucks I won't be able to make it to this game
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mistercorporate View Post
    You're flying all the way from Calgary to watch TFC play?
    Yes, and very excited for it! The weather is looking great as well. After Houston I started to have nightmares of postponement

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, and very excited for it! The weather is looking great as well. After Houston I started to have nightmares of postponement
    Awesome, hats off to you. A true fan! Should be a fun game, take some time to enjoy the Ex as well if you arrive early.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is amazing. You couldn't pick a bigger game to go to. Nothing is better than watching the sad faces of the L'impact fans as they leave the stadium.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is a quick tip... be in your seat 15 min before the game starts, not just in the stadium but in your spot. Lets get this game going properly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, Ticketmaster shows a grand total of one seat available (in 210) and that includes the general admission seats. Usually the hold back inventory gets released for walk ups but clearly there is going to be a full house.

I wonder if the FO is expecting some returned group tickets and that's why they haven't announced a sold out game yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    Here is a quick tip... be in your seat 15 min before the game starts, not just in the stadium but in your spot. Lets get this game going properly
    Amen, get in your seats early FFS. Let's set an example for the tourist fans for how a proper footy atmosphere should be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm moving to Montreal within the next week. This will be my last game as a season seat holder for the foreseeable future after going to pretty much every game for these last 10 years. I'm hoping the boys can come through and provide me some lasting memories.

COYR

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any idea how many away tickets have been sold?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Flying in from England on Friday. Haven't been to a TFC match in over 2 years, so I am really looking forward to this.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    I'm moving to Montreal within the next week. This will be my last game as a season seat holder for the foreseeable future after going to pretty much every game for these last 10 years. I'm hoping the boys can come through and provide me some lasting memories.

COYR
    Noooo! Don't defect to the LIMPACT.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Ripoff View Post
    Flying in from England on Friday. Haven't been to a TFC match in over 2 years, so I am really looking forward to this.
    The additions to the Stadium are quite stunning but watching Giovinco and that defensive back 4 play is going to blow your mind. No matter the result, the difference in this team between now and that summer of Defoe is immense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After last nights game, I am so pumped for Saturday. With 3 points and a little helper we can be atop the league at the end of the night. Let's drown out the entire CNE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just out of curiosity I looked at ticketmaster for Saturdays game and there is a total of 3 seats left lol.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I refuse to entertain any thought of "where we will be" after this game. That is all so much noise.

This is Montreal.

This is the team that shat on us twice last season within a week to end that hopeful season in anger and recriminations.

For one day I will not care about

where we are in the standings

how we have been playing

the opportunities for trophies

There is only one thought on the day

Beat the Impact Back to Montreal

VICTORY ON THE DAY

THAT IS THE FOCUS

THAT IS THE GOAL

THAT IS WHAT WE WANT

BEAT THE IMPACT SATURDAY

Last edited by OgtheDim; 08-25-2016 at 08:08 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a really bad feeling about this game. You just know that one of the announcers is going to pipe in with "Montreal has never won at BMO Field", which will bring down the curse upon us. I see a 2-1 loss coming.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    I have a really bad feeling about this game. You just know that one of the announcers is going to pipe in with "Montreal has never won at BMO Field", which will bring down the curse upon us. I see a 2-1 loss coming.
    Annnnnnnd you just invoked the @Initial B REVERSE CURSE so....

WE GOOD

Carry on everybody with positivity! B did the negative bit for us all, Bless him.

Montreal missed plenty of chances to take that game against DC so I hope there's no underestimating them.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am beyond hyped for this match!

Could this be the biggest game at BMO? But i'll be down early, will join in the march and get set for the banner!
    Play-by-Play Commentator for League 1 Ontario.
    Twitter (@MartinOmes)
    Road Trips: LA Galaxy, FC Cincinnati, Montreal (x2), Columbus (x3), NYCFC, NY Red Bulls, DC United, Atlanta, and Seattle!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Annnnnnnd you just invoked the @Initial B REVERSE CURSE so....

WE GOOD

Carry on everybody with positivity! B did the negative bit for us all, Bless him.

Montreal missed plenty of chances to take that game against DC so I hope there's no underestimating them.
    LMAO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    So you, yourself has brought that curse into the picture. you silly, silly boy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post

COYR
    I just moved back from there after living there for the past few years. Hopefully you'll still get to catch a few home games in toronto like I did.

Personally it felt cool living in Montreal as a tfc fan. Also the montreal away games are easy to access (obviously) - especially the voyagers cup games since they're mid week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't imagine Vanney will be fielding anything other than our best players in the 4-4-2 diamond this weekend! It's going to be amped up for sure! I wouldn't be suprised if this was the loudest game so far this year.
    Last edited by Kamp Berg; 08-25-2016 at 09:43 AM. Reason: Puncuation

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'll be cheering from afar. Sucks to miss this one, but vacation is vacation.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I'll be cheering from afar. Sucks to miss this one, but vacation is vacation.
    Same here. I'll be watching this one up north, but I'm really looking forward to it.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This will be my wife's first time coming with me in over 5 years. Let's hope for a big W and a good atmosphere!
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking forward to this game big time, can't wait. The only negative is that the ex aren't selling the deep fried butter this year......
    A delicious, nutritious, low sodium pregame snack perfect for nibbling with a nice ice cold beer.