Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Here's the one penalty shout (actually two in one). In the stadium, w/o replay and from far away, I thought PK for sure. Now I'm not sure. First one is a risky tackle, but looks like all ball first. 2nd one is shoulder vs. shoulder.

The second looks like shoulder to chest to me. And that's a foul.
    Last edited by MightyDM; 08-28-2016 at 11:38 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why would Vanney risk Seba in the second half when he had a tweak in the first half.all the travel all the games the birth of his child,he should of sat him.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    why would Vanney risk Seba in the second half when he had a tweak in the first half.all the travel all the games the birth of his child,he should of sat him.
    Seba is not going to sit. He did the same thing both times he's done his abductor - knows he has an issue but doesn't stop.

Vanney said 5 minutes into the second half Giovinco told Vanney he felt good. 15 minutes later, he goes down telling them he can't continue. What's a coach to do?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This was good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We didn't deserve to win, regardless of whether that was a PK or not. Early on, Oso was contributing well and Gio was moving, but later we seemed to stop any off the ball running. Jozy was doing a lot of watching. We had wide runs, but rarely any central ones with intent. It was like they were all waiting for someone else to do it.

re referee: he was decisive and fair, but got some things wrong. Camera looked a red early on, the red he gave was a yellow, not sure Delgado actually touched Oduro for his yellow, and could have been a penalty for us when Jozy was barged over. But I don't think he deserves huge criticism for most of those

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Seba is not going to sit. He did the same thing both times he's done his abductor - knows he has an issue but doesn't stop.

Vanney said 5 minutes into the second half Giovinco told Vanney he felt good. 15 minutes later, he goes down telling them he can't continue. What's a coach to do?
    sit him. That why he is the coach. What would Alex Ferguson have done? Not bring him to Orlando.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This was good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's what gets me about this team - if that doesn't get them up for a game - if it doesn't motivate them to deliver a result? What does?
    It was the same last season - big win to make the play-offs all they need is couple more wins against Houston and Montreal and we get a home game.....they just shat it.

This was good

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fire that white uniform, especially for a derby.

#TFCwhitejerseyout
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whitbyreds View Post
    As I have been away for majority of the season I wasn't aware that the tribal nation was replaced with another drum crew. Who are these guys? I'm at the top of 117 and couldn't hear anything but drums all game.
    Was sitting in 121. The drums were such a major buzz kill to the atmosphere. It's all I could here the whole day and it was so annoying.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    The second looks like shoulder to chest to me. And that's a foul.
    I dunno. Front of the shoulder, at most. I think most refs wouldn't call that. Especially when he's already handed out a red to the other team.

I think there were a few other penalty appeals, that may have been more clear cut, but I haven't seen the replays.

The tifo was awesome. Sadly, last night it could have been "Your funhouse. Our nightmare."

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think lots of hype always goes against this team, at least with its current makeup and mentality. That's why "big games" often go sideways. I always get worried when there's lots of hype.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Fire that white uniform, especially for a derby.

#TFCwhitejerseyout
    Although I thought the red shorts looked ok with the jersey, I agree. Derby at home you wear your main kit. COYHeritageKits?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This was good

Yes it was very good. However not sure about the timing. I was directly behind the welcome to the circus TIFO and can't say I was overly impressed to miss the start of the game because it was still up. I would also prefer to see the players come out of the tunnel and line up for the anthems but I can see how you would want them to see the display first. Don't mean to take anything away from it since I know a lot of people put in tremendous effort to make it all work and kudos to them all but maybe next time just make sure it's down before the game kicks off please.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anto7 View Post
    Yes it was very good. However not sure about the timing. I was directly behind the welcome to the circus TIFO and can't say I was overly impressed to miss the start of the game because it was still up. I would also prefer to see the players come out of the tunnel and line up for the anthems but I can see how you would want them to see the display first. Don't mean to take anything away from it since I know a lot of people put in tremendous effort to make it all work and kudos to them all but maybe next time just make sure it's down before the game kicks off please.
    1st one and timing of everything was tough to work out. It was the goal to have the fabric down by kickoff but can't just drop as a large metal pole runs along the top to keep the image integrity. Just wanted to give you a little back ground, lots of timing discussion for the entire thing.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BTW, that photo came from the Kings twitter feed.

Tifo got noticed, people laughed with it, nobody laughed at it. Pretty good for a first time.

With that and the smoke, quite the atmosphere to start the game....Bono said so himself on twitter today. The team appreciates the efforts. Looking forward to the next one.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anto7 View Post
    We missed 30 seconds of the game due to the tifo. I'm fine with missing up to 3 minutes to show that beautiful tifo. Also because the stadium isn't immediately full so u want as many ppl to see it as possible including the team.
    When you're in the south end that's what happens. Your job is to support the team in beautiful ways and unconventional ways. Portland seattle do it for many games. This was one game. And it was beautiful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PAOK17 View Post
    Ya, well whose bright idea was this? Brain dead idiots! It just gives the club another reason to clamp down if they should so choose.
    Last edited by Blizzard; 08-28-2016 at 04:12 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
    Ya, well whose bright idea was this? Brain dead idiots!
    Yeah I mean it's going to give us bad press so maybe not the right kind of media attention we wanted to generate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PAOK17 View Post
    Yeah I mean it's going to give us bad press so maybe not the right kind of media attention we wanted to generate
    Perhaps I'm being overly sensitive but I don't need or want to be at all associated with that trash.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post

Frankly could not give a shit about a banner at this point in our rivalry. Saputo sanctioned Impact supports and Montreal Police to violently attack our fans after our last two games away there last season. That's a much bigger issue, to me at least.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aren't banners supposed to be pre-approved by the FO or BMO Field? It's surprising to see that.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "You play to win the game"

Herm Edwards - Former NFL Coach

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIFO was unreal last night from the stands!!!! Dissapointing loss but in the overall make up of things this club is in good stead! Keep moving forward!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    Frankly could not give a shit about a banner at this point in our rivalry. Saputo sanctioned Impact supports and Montreal Police to violently attack our fans after our last two games away there last season. That's a much bigger issue, to me at least.
    This has zero to do with the rivalry. This will get bad press with the people who we need to pay attention, so that we can get the media on board.

Shit like this gives the dinosaurs an excuse to bash and then ignore.

Stupid.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Locking of this thread now I predict.

All I could say to that two stick I said last year to the FHRITP event.

Beyond stupid. Just totally beyond stupid.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Locking of this thread now I predict.

All I could say to that two stick I said last year to the FHRITP event.

Beyond stupid. Just totally beyond stupid.
    Well I guess it shows the differing idea on what some deem appropriate, but yeah making a banner like that, how could you not expect to offend. This is the type of story the CBC will pick up on, not a muliple game unbeaten streak.

Stuff like this is what will get the FO to clamp down on what supporters can do plus the process of getting into the stadium with flags, banners etc. You just do not want to give them a reason.

I am not surprised this made it into the stadium, all you would not is cover it up with a similar size piece of material.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We haven't discussed locking this thread so far tbh, mind you no flame wars have broken out yet.