Thread: Impact Pre Game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Impact Pre Game

I know Saturday is on everybody's minds. Massive game back at home against Montreal. Can't wait to get down to Toronto for it.
    Im just wondering if there are any pre game plans, marches to the stadium or something like that.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SarniaTFC View Post
    I know Saturday is on everybody's minds. Massive game back at home against Montreal. Can't wait to get down to Toronto for it.
    Im just wondering if there are any pre game plans, marches to the stadium or something like that.
    CNE is on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    CNE is on.
    Yes. Very few, select seats available for this match.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marches are very difficult to do with the CNE on since you have to get through the CNE bottle neck as well. Some groups pre game in the CNE but i would make sure i was in my seat before kickoff for this one.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bringing my wife for the first time in 5 years. Our "pregame" will be going to innovation displays at the Ex, maybe watching the figure skating show.

It's really hard to do any serious pregame during the Ex.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is always my favourite game of the year. And this year it's a late start!
    I like to go to the ex before the game and hang out in the BBQ pit area and get drunk and eat bbq. Then walk around the grounds and play some carnival games while my body attempts to digest all the terrible things I've just done to it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

March to the craft beer fest. At that point, it's on!!!!

Cram as many of us Reds in the food truck and craft beer area. Chant and sing the afternoon away!
    Last edited by bigredone; 08-22-2016 at 11:53 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last year, there was a beer garden to the North East of BMO serving Mill Street.

This year its serving Beau's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How long will it take from the gates to the ground in to your seats? I want to make sure I'm in with plenty of time to check out the stadium and be parked in my seats with a few beers before kickoff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hulkrogan View Post
    How long will it take from the gates to the ground in to your seats? I want to make sure I'm in with plenty of time to check out the stadium and be parked in my seats with a few beers before kickoff.
    Honestly depends on if a train has just gotten in or not. If you are in the area early I would just spend your afternoon in the ex grounds (craft beer fest, food building etc)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

avoid gate 1. try gate 3 or one of other gates at south end which is normally less busy to get into the stadium
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the tips! I'll be coming straight from the Jay's game, wondering if I need to convince my other friends to ditch baseball early so we can make it in time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jamming as many of us into the craft beer tents as possible sounds like a good idea to me. Get some songs going and just get really pumped up to take 3 points from M*ntreal. Any idea on how many of them are making the trip down?? Can't wait to get right into them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SarniaTFC View Post
    Jamming as many of us into the craft beer tents as possible sounds like a good idea to me. Get some songs going and just get really pumped up to take 3 points from M*ntreal. Any idea on how many of them are making the trip down?? Can't wait to get right into them.
    Last i was told was not many tickets had been sold but it was noted that they are usually a buy late crowd.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    Last i was told was not many tickets had been sold but it was noted that they are usually a buy late crowd.
    It would be good to see a decent away crowd at the game just so we can get them wound up even more than we already will

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FYI: the streetcars are running into the Ex. After the Ex, back to hoofing it out to the armoury area.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I plan on being piss drunk and enjoying the entire day eating crap at the ex, then wait for the Montreal bus to see if I can get Drogba's autograph (Yes, I am a Chelsea fan too). Then hope to see Giovinco man handle the Impact.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The CNE isn't much of an issue if you want to march down Liberty. We'll be marching. Details to follow soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bigredone View Post
    March to the craft beer fest. At that point, it's on!!!!

Cram as many of us Reds in the food truck and craft beer area. Chant and sing the afternoon away!
    Same as last year, will be there in force at the Craft Beer area

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the tips! I'll be coming straight from the Jay's game, wondering if I need to convince my other friends to ditch baseball early so we can make it in time.
    It's a nice idea to have an afternoon nap at the Jay's game so you can be refreshed for the evenings festivities at BMO

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wouldn't they have to commit by now? Seems like Ticketmaster has almost nothing left, and there's pretty good demand on the secondary market already, so unless the club is holding something back for away support, I think their "buy late" strategy might be a bad idea for them this year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If there's one game u don't want to miss it will be this one.
    Montreal games are always special. It will be sold out or very close. It will be loud. The anthem will be sung in full force. And the new tifo rigging system will be put into use for the first time.

And that's just the start. If we win there will be a party outside. I remember last year fans stayed back and chanted so loud and strong that everyone at cne took notice. I think even a couple flares were lit outside bmo. Don't miss this game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tickets are always held back for away supporters

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yagbod View Post
    The CNE isn't much of an issue if you want to march down Liberty. We'll be marching. Details to follow soon.
    Yes please post when you have more info. Hoping to bring some friends to the march if there is one.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tickets are always held back for away supporters
    Not indefinitely though, if nobody from the opposition's SG takes up tickets they are sold off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abou Sky View Post
    Not indefinitely though, if nobody from the opposition's SG takes up tickets they are sold off.
    Depends... they will always leave a row or two and with it being mtl they may hold a larger buffer zone.