Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A really smart thing for expansion teams to do in the future would be to identify the 5 players you want and pre-arrange deals for all of them by selecting 5 different players from those teams (ie. like protecting a 12th player - pick this player and then trade him back to us) and then sending the selected player for the player they want + half of the allocation that team got for the pick. Gets some allocation and allows the other team to get some allocation and essentially protecting 12 players instead of 11. Build up some goodwill with other teams for future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excellentttt!! I could kiss Harry Potter Bezbatchenko right now!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    Must have been an interesting day for Irwin, haha.
    Irwin would have been made aware of the arrangement ahead of time, I'm sure.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So do we get a press conference where they unveil the Irwin signing? Haha
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio View Post
    Irwin would have been made aware of the arrangement ahead of time, I'm sure.
    That would have been the case, he would have not been left to ponder such a move, thinking of having to get a house in Buckhead.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    A really smart thing for expansion teams to do in the future would be to identify the 5 players you want and pre-arrange deals for all of them by selecting 5 different players from those teams (ie. like protecting a 12th player - pick this player and then trade him back to us) and then sending the selected player for the player they want + half of the allocation that team got for the pick. Gets some allocation and allows the other team to get some allocation and essentially protecting 12 players instead of 11. Build up some goodwill with other teams for future.
    The League could also put in a rule stating that players selected in the Expansion Drafts going forward, cannot be traded back to the original team for 12 months.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So do we get a press conference where they unveil the Irwin signing? Haha
    Toronto FC have acquired an MLS Cup Finalist GK!!!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha ... Auzzy... love the quote "All your goalie are belong to us." Jokes!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm glad we got Irwin back. Bono had a very impressive run this season and is our starting keeper of the future, but it's important to have two quality keepers in the fold over the course of an entire season, especially with the CCL matches on the horizon.

RPB Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to lose Mark Bloom. He was a class guy who did well for us when times were tough, and gave a good effort whether starting or coming in from the bench. I wish him and his young family all the best in Atlanta. I hope this allows him more time together with his wife and children!
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The expansion draft thing just has to be scrapped. The league is unstable enough as it is for guys at the bottom of MLS rosters - shuffling people around isn't helping sell anyone on playing in North America.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IRE_RED View Post
    Globtrotter - Not sure what you mean by that. Hopefully my second post is to your liking.
    No ill-will intended. The reference was to another backup we had years ago and many on the forum thought he was the second coming of Jesus, or at least the only option available on the global market. I feel Bono might fall into the same boat. He may turn out to be the best keeper MLS ever sees - but to win now, I think there's other guys that are floating around somewhere that are notches above Bono. The world is a giant place, and lots of options out there.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    Toronto FC have acquired an MLS Cup Finalist GK!!!!

For a second there I wondered what team you were talking about...

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IRE_RED View Post
    Globtrotter - Not sure what you mean by that. Hopefully my second post is to your liking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    That's an interesting statement for someones very first post. I remember when people on the board hear thought Brian Edwards was a good choice for us too. I can't imagine that Bono is the best available keeper on our entire globe.
    Interesting statement for a regular poster.

IRE didn't state Bono was his choice for best in world just that he was ok with it.

I disagree and think Bono still needs to be challenged for the number 1 but I welcome a new poster that may think its a crazy system. Especially if they still sound like they want to see where this league of crazy takes us next year.

I've learned to love how many differences and nuances make this, our league, so unique but still attractive to footballers around the world.

Cheers to both of you, and of course, Irwin.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Must have been an interesting day for Irwin, haha.
    I hope he didn't sell his house.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am relieved that we didn't lose anyone from the core, and frankly, Bloom needs his shot, and needs to play (same for Chapman, Hamilton, and Delgado, we need to find them real minutes).

Bez/Manning should get everyone signed, then go enjoy some golf. This group has earned the right to be kept 100% intact. The attacking piece Jozy was talking about, I was a bit mystified there, but that could easily be solved by Chapman, and a more settled Cooper.....

If we need something, let's do it in the summer window.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why cant that AM be seba for some games, rickets can score with service, same with Jozy, and Hamilton is a pretty clinical finisher as well

cures those long balls to the short guy issue we sometimes have

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I am relieved that we didn't lose anyone from the core, and frankly, Bloom needs his shot, and needs to play (same for Chapman, Hamilton, and Delgado, we need to find them real minutes).

Bez/Manning should get everyone signed, then go enjoy some golf. This group has earned the right to be kept 100% intact. The attacking piece Jozy was talking about, I was a bit mystified there, but that could easily be solved by Chapman, and a more settled Cooper.....

If we need something, let's do it in the summer window.
    LOL!

What and NOT keep us on the edge of seats for an off-season? I'd love it but it would be without precedent!

Hope it happens, though.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Theyre getting tons of new allocation money (Garber bucks), let's tool up this off-season! Focus the cash on upgrading our depth and getting one quality AM and RB (basically Justin Morrow on the right). Our results this year and the presence of all our national teamers will make us an attractive career move for lots of players.
    Last edited by mistercorporate; 12-14-2016 at 11:54 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mistercorporate View Post
    Theyre getting tons of new allocation money (Garber bucks)
    They need this to keep everyone. Guys on good teams expect and should get raises, sometimes big raises.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you don't get improve you get worse in this sport.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio View Post
    If you don't get improve you get worse in this sport.
    I don't disagree, but how you get there matters.

Pay the guys, give the kids a shot to be that improvement, and at the same time save a bullet. Be smart by being patient. Keep something for the summer transfer window. That's generally when the best players move. It's how Seattle got Lodeiro.
    Last edited by ensco; 12-14-2016 at 05:51 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We got Giovinco in the off-season. Not contradicting you, but there are opportunities to be had early in the year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mistercorporate View Post
    We got Giovinco in the off-season. Not contradicting you, but there are opportunities to be had early in the year.
    Don't forget that Giovinco was originally meant to arrive mid season, but fortunately for us was released early.