Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    IIRC, it's the whole body that counts towards offside decision
    Can't tell from the tv angle if the body is over that line, but it also looks as if there is space between Seba's foot and the ball in the best shot we're looking at.

ie. it's as close as you can get
    Last edited by Couchy81; 08-24-2016 at 11:13 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is Jozy ok??? That limp terrified me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley's supplementary coaching kept the team together last year while Vanney was learning on the job. Now that Vanney is better and Giovinco has learned some rudimentary English, he's spreading quality throughout this team, he treats our rookies like a strict highschool French teacher lol. Spanks them when they screw up and embraces them when they do good. Guess it's the Juventus academy style.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sn0re View Post

Odd from Floro..Will Johnson has been solid coming back from that injury
    Hopefully a courtesy to help him recover at home Need a strong midfield to have a chance in Honduras

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gionvinco's attitude / body language is completely different in this winning streak When he gets chopped down just gets up, havent seen him run over to Ref recently Plus he is bringing in his teammates a whole lot more

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    Hopefully a courtesy to help him recover at home Need a strong midfield to have a chance in Honduras
    Yeah, CanMNT still sucks, in a couple years when our academies produce better players maybe. TFC has a fighting chance to make some history, wouldn't be surprised if Johnson refused to contribute to our success this year. Winning the MLS cup for a Canadian superclub is patriotic enough!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hulkrogan View Post
    Is Jozy ok??? That limp terrified me.
    I think he is fine. He didn't have a limp post game. When I re-watched it, it looked similar to what happened to Morrow in the Houston game. I think he just went down hard on his tailbone. Nothing serious, just one hell of a stinger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You would think with all the microscopic analysis whether or not Jozy's goal was offside or not, it was a goal against TFC.
    We have been burned many a time with a slightly offside goal against, Orlando and Kreis (he is a knob) can suck it up.
    We win they lose, we are in a good spot and good teams seem to get the bounces, and TFC are getting the bounces these days.
    I am pleased with the football being played by our team. and of course:

Quote Originally Posted by Couchy81 View Post
    Can't tell from the tv angle if the body is over that line, but it also looks as if there is space between Seba's foot and the ball in the best shot we're looking at.

ie. it's as close as you can get

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Don't think I have seen so many players slip because of a pitch...on both teams too so not like it was a home field advantage either. I just wanted them to get out of that game with no injuries. Awesome we got the win though too. Let's go to the Ex!
    +1
    I think Larin actually tripped on that crap when he was in alone on goal.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    ^ That shot is taken a little too early, Seba is yet to pass the ball there.

BTW, does anyone else hear Captain Kirk when Vic calls the game? The way he stresses his words is comically frustrating. Really cannot comprehend how a guy who commentates for a (storied) career can be so bad at it. Makes Dobson sound like a combination of Drury and Hudson.
    His emphasis on last syllables in names was weird, then annoying, then won me over (but only because we were scoring).
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sn0re View Post

Odd from Floro..Will Johnson has been solid coming back from that injury
    No more odd than Oso's exclusion over the cycle. I'll wait till this window is over to take a side but the phrasing suggests Floro is taking the rap for the no call.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mistercorporate View Post
    Yeah, CanMNT still sucks, in a couple years when our academies produce better players maybe. TFC has a fighting chance to make some history, wouldn't be surprised if Johnson refused to contribute to our success this year. Winning the MLS cup for a Canadian superclub is patriotic enough!
    Glad you're content but disagree entirely. You're comparing waiting a couple years to a club that can compete every year for different trophies. If TFC win either the Shield of the Cup they will be lauded but an Italian, and American and a Canadian on the team will be equally praised.

The achievement of making the hex is far bigger to me because of the wait till we even get the next chance.

We're allowed to disagree. Just pointing out the alternate opinion.

I'm celebrating first place. Wish Johnson was a bigger part of it. Sad about him not playing in the window.

This game was amazeballs for Canada supporters in Toronto.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 08-25-2016 at 07:31 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toronto is in first? In the Suppository Sled race and possible pusplopps bye? What alternate dimension have I landed in?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    Toronto is in first? In the Suppository Sled race and possible pusplopps bye? What alternate dimension have I landed in?
    O my gawd.

Chris Fizik don't you dare...

But B you hilarious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was a damm fine night last night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    Gionvinco's attitude / body language is completely different in this winning streak When he gets chopped down just gets up, havent seen him run over to Ref recently Plus he is bringing in his teammates a whole lot more
    Not only does winning (sort of) silence all the vanney haters, but it boosts the attitude and confidence of the players.

That leap onto Jozy's back after the winning goal says it all about Giovinco's mindset right now.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Orlando needs some serious work. Larin and Kaka were really their only dangerous players last night and you could easily tell the game plan for them was simple. Play a long ball to Larin and hope he wins the foot race. If too close to do long ball to Larin, get the ball to Kaka on the wing and see if he can do something with it. Repeat as many times as necessary. Even when it was evident that TFC figured out what they were doing, they kept doing it. Even some Orlando fans made a similar remark about that in some comments I read. We had those games too when we only had the young guys and Giovinco...where our sole game plan was get the ball to Seba. So I understand the frustration from Orlando fans. I kind of wish all the talk about Supporters Shield and MLS Cup would die down though. It's understandable I guess with the run we are on but I don't ever like to put the cart before the horse. MLS site loves to put those types of articles on their site though for whichever team is hot at the time.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was Jozy offside? WHO THE FUCK CARES? After getting screwed over late in the match the last time our side was in Shithole City, I'd say the Reds got positive karma handed to them. And I love it!

Beasts of the East: Toronto FC!
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fantastic win!!......this has beena long time coming for the team.....and us!
    Altidore continues to be a best since coming back......grest stuff.

and y'all act like Rauter just started doing the name thing now......
    he's really been doing it since the days of Dominic Mo BIIIIIIII lio and Paul Peschiso LIIIIII do

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I only saw the highlights but I'm curious, were they playing Nick Haglund up front. He looked like he was in every attack.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Tifoso View Post
    fantastic win!!......this has beena long time coming for the team.....and us!
    Altidore continues to be a best since coming back......grest stuff.

and y'all act like Rauter just started doing the name thing now......
    he's really been doing it since the days of Dominic Mo BIIIIIIII lio and Paul Peschiso LIIIIII do
    Don't forget Alex BUNNNNburYYYYYY!

My first recollection of Vic was when he was doing the TSN Turning Point circa 1988 or so. Was TSN around in 1986? I have a vague recollection of him commenting on the Canadian matches during the World Cup.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CowTipper View Post

My first recollection of Vic was when he was doing the TSN Turning Point circa 1988 or so. Was TSN around in 1986? I have a vague recollection of him commenting on the Canadian matches during the World Cup.
    Vic used to do the play by play of the old Canadian Soccer League from the late eighties to the early nineties, with Graham Leggat as his color man.
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulain View Post
    I only saw the highlights but I'm curious, were they playing Nick Haglund up front. He looked like he was in every attack.
    Hagglund started as one of three defenders/CB's. When Chapman went off at half with a knock, Zavaleta took Hagglund's spot, and Hagglund moved forward to right midfield (or right back while back on defence).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blindside16 View Post
    I think he is fine. He didn't have a limp post game. When I re-watched it, it looked similar to what happened to Morrow in the Houston game. I think he just went down hard on his tailbone. Nothing serious, just one hell of a stinger.
    PHEW. He's been on an amazing run of form. I need to see that guy Saturday!

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Hagglund started as one of three defenders/CB's. When Chapman went off at half with a knock, Zavaleta took Hagglund's spot, and Hagglund moved forward to right midfield (or right back while back on defence).
    I think it should be noted how damn good Hagglund was on the ball in forward positions. He brought down some tough balls, had some nice touches and put in a couple really dangerous balls in the box. I still think he could turn into a very solid player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    IIRC, it's the whole body that counts towards offside decision
    it's any part of the body that can legally play the ball (ie. everything but the arms/hands)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CowTipper View Post

lol....yes of course who can forget BUNNNNNburYYYY!.......or Lyndon HOOOOOOper hahaha....Rauter is too much....

Oh man I remember those Turning Points!.....but for as much as people criticize him for his commentating, imo he deserves a lot of credit for taking on the sport since the mid-80's.....I get that SOMEONE had to call those games, but he did it and stuck with it through the years.....We have threads on this board complaining about the lack of soccer coverage in today's age, but Vic was a part of it a long time ago.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Redcoe15 View Post
    Vic used to do the play by play of the old Canadian Soccer League from the late eighties to the early nineties, with Graham Leggat as his color man.
    Right. Yes. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Tifoso View Post
    lol....yes of course who can forget BUNNNNNburYYYY!.......or Lyndon HOOOOOOper hahaha....Rauter is too much....

Oh man I remember those Turning Points!.....but for as much as people criticize him for his commentating, imo he deserves a lot of credit for taking on the sport since the mid-80's.....I get that SOMEONE had to call those games, but he did it and stuck with it through the years.....We have threads on this board complaining about the lack of soccer coverage in today's age, but Vic was a part of it a long time ago.....
    Very true about Vic. Like some on this board I do have a soft spot for him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hulkrogan View Post
    PHEW. He's been on an amazing run of form. I need to see that guy Saturday!

I think it should be noted how damn good Hagglund was on the ball in forward positions. He brought down some tough balls, had some nice touches and put in a couple really dangerous balls in the box. I still think he could turn into a very solid player.
    Going forward he was dangerous. Nice crosses and ball control...and that shot! Think he's scored a couple of blasters like that the past couple seasons.