Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just ran into seba in Yorkville. If the team is in Orlando, he isn't with them. Could be just to spend time with his newborn. I mean he has already proven he can get off a plane and walk into a game and score.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GhostKiller View Post
    I just ran into seba in Yorkville. If the team is in Orlando, he isn't with them. Could be just to spend time with his newborn. I mean he has already proven he can get off a plane and walk into a game and score.
    I am ok with him getting rest and spending time with his newborn then coming out to kick Montreal's ass on Saturday. Jozy, Ricketts and Hamilton can put in a shift in Orlando.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GhostKiller View Post
    along with spending some time with his newborn kid, he probably gets a day off for Wed's game, same situation as the Columbus away game when he got the day off.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently Larson is using this board for questions to sources.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Apparently Larson is using this board for questions to sources.

Haha.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Haha.
    Just spoke to Vanney. Giovinco joining TFC tomorrow morning. Maybe he'll be on my WestJet flight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    Check out whoscored.com or soccerstats.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    points or PPG?

TFC is at 2.18 PPG at home and 1.14 PPG away. 1.6 PPG total as of today
    Sorry, left the smiley off. My point was, some were arguing the Montreal points were more important than the Orlando points. To me, 3 is 3, don't care which game they come from.

(edit: actually, I want all 6)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KurtLarSUN View Post
    Just spoke to Vanney. Giovinco joining TFC tomorrow morning. Maybe he'll be on my WestJet flight.
    Awesome thanks for the update. Love the fact that he is determined to keep playing for the team when he could have probably easily taken a day off. Admire his dedication. I am sure it is not easy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Awesome thanks for the update. Love the fact that he is determined to keep playing for the team when he could have probably easily taken a day off. Admire his dedication. I am sure it is not easy.
    When you have a guy like Seba with a winning mentality and ambition to get better it's infectious and motivates the rest of the locker room. The guy is league MVP and he's hungry to outdo himself...never rests on his laurels...how many other players have that kind of drive?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default starting lineup

With both orlando and montreal playing 3 games in one week--lots of questions about how we approach the same scheduling. Don't agree that 3 points is 3 points. If we use the same starting lineup 3 games in a row there is a danger that we will have nothing in the tank for the montreal game which is really a 6 point game. Would definately rotate players and limit the time for both seba and altidore and start morgan over morrow who was horrid on saturday. Wouldn't both me if hagglund started over beitashore. I would love to win all three games but if we keep talking about our bench strength lets use it wednesday. After that the games are more predictable and lots of rest in between.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After Montreal, there's a two week international break until the next game. Maybe not as much squad rotation as would normally be for a 3 game in 7 day spell.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After Montreal, there's a two week international break until the next game. Maybe not as much squad rotation as would normally be for a 3 game in 7 day spell.
    Orlando is flying back from Colorado. Montreal will be more rested in a way going into Toronto with their last game and this Wednesday's game both at home. Lots to consider as far as that goes too. We may need the stronger lineuo for Saturday if rotating the guys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speaking of Colorado, while away on Vacation for the last three weeks I saw the 1-1 LAG-Rapids draw at Stubhub. Howard stood on his head that game and seems to be a large reason for their late season success. How many Eastern Conference teams still have to play them? I don't think that any other eastern conference team will be able to get more than a point off them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mistercorporate View Post
    When you have a guy like Seba with a winning mentality and ambition to get better it's infectious and motivates the rest of the locker room. The guy is league MVP and he's hungry to outdo himself...never rests on his laurels...how many other players have that kind of drive?
    I agree.....even when he's yelling at his teammates on the field, I see it not as him saying "you suck" but more as "do better".....there's a big difference in that imo.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    Speaking of Colorado, while away on Vacation for the last three weeks I saw the 1-1 LAG-Rapids draw at Stubhub. Howard stood on his head that game and seems to be a large reason for their late season success. How many Eastern Conference teams still have to play them? I don't think that any other eastern conference team will be able to get more than a point off them.
    Howard got torched by NYCFC couple of weeks ago. 5-1 IIRC

he's good, but he's not unbeatable. and Rapids suck at scoring goals because they play so conservative
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Tifoso View Post
    I agree.....even when he's yelling at his teammates on the field, I see it not as him saying "you suck" but more as "do better".....there's a big difference in that imo.

Delgado gets a lot of stick from Giovinco but its making Delgado a better passer of the ball. This is after Seba's goal on Saturday and he made a BIG point of thanking Delgado for that lovely pass.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That pass was near perfect. He saw giovinco open before receiving that knock down from Altidore and one timed that volley pass almost on giovinco's foot.

I'm more impressed by his ability to see that pass than the actual pass. Most MLS players would have taken a touch and the opportunity likely lost.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seeing that it should be balls hot and be played on turf, I'd rest Jozy and anyone else with any minor knocks. Let the young guys run.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Delgado gets a lot of stick from Giovinco but its making Delgado a better passer of the ball. This is after Seba's goal on Saturday and he made a BIG point of thanking Delgado for that lovely pass.
    yup, I noticed that....great stuff to see....and I've noticed a similar deal with Endoh as well.....

I was on Seba a bit during his slump, because I didn't think he was using his teammates enough to help him break out of it, but man, this guy is totally engaged in the team and city......absolutely fantastic and speaks loads about his character.....management hit it right out of the park with this guy.....as fans of this team we just gotta enjoy every game that he is with us....

With some DP's its an attitude of "this is my standard and as long as I look good its ok".....
    With Giovinco I see it as "this is my standard, and I want you guys to do whatever you need to meet it"
    Last edited by TFC Tifoso; 08-23-2016 at 12:07 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Tifoso View Post
    yup, I noticed that....great stuff to see....and I've noticed a similar deal with Endoh as well.....

I was on Seba a bit during his slump, because I didn't think he was using his teammates enough to help him break out of it, but man, this guy is totally engaged in the team and city......absolutely fantastic and speaks loads about his character.....management hit it right out of the park with this guy.....as fans of this team we just gotta enjoy every game that he is with us....

With some DP's its an attitude of "this is my standard and as long as I look good its ok".....
    With Giovinco I see it as "this is my standard, and I want you guys to do whatever you need to meet it"
    I loved the way Giovinco ran over to Delgado and thanked him and I equally loved the smile on Delgado's face after he did that. It may seem trivial but little moments like that will do wonders for the confidence of the young guys and I return give Giovinco more confidence in his team mates. Great to see all around.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Seeing that it should be balls hot and be played on turf, I'd rest Jozy and anyone else with any minor knocks. Let the young guys run.
    I always get nervous for turf games...how many players have we lost to injury in the past on turf...too many.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holy guacamole...we're not messing around for this game if this is true:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mistercorporate View Post
    Holy guacamole...we're not messing around for this game if this is true:

Well Vanney did mention how it would be nice to be in first place for Saturdays match against the Impact. No matter what I would not start Jozy. Maybe even not use him as a sub. I don't trust that turf.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Well Vanney did mention how it would be nice to be in first place for Saturdays match against the Impact. No matter what I would not start Jozy. Maybe even not use him as a sub. I don't trust that turf.
    Jozy will start. He's been too good. Sub him off at half time, if you were to ask me.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm more concerned about midfield wilt in this game.

Wheeler suggested they might go with a 3-5-2/5-3-2 to deal with Larin. I could live with that. Midfield 3 of Johnson Osorio and Bradley. Bring on Delgado for Johnson later in the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is Morrow's yellow card situation? I might sit him for Morgan so he could definitely play vs Montreal, if he is out with 1 more yellow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
    What is Morrow's yellow card situation? I might sit him for Morgan so he could definitely play vs Montreal, if he is out with 1 more yellow.
    Morrow is ok, Bradley though is on the brink
    http://www.mlssoccer.com/topic/discipline

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would be surprised to see Vanney go for all 3 in this game. He has already stated that he wants to come home in 1st. I think Bono will have a lights out game. He has something to prove with Orlando after the way his first game went. It would be somewhat of a redemption game if he can hold a clean sheet.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Game Day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anto7 View Post
    I loved the way Giovinco ran over to Delgado and thanked him and I equally loved the smile on Delgado's face after he did that. It may seem trivial but little moments like that will do wonders for the confidence of the young guys and I return give Giovinco more confidence in his team mates. Great to see all around.
    absolutely.....

you can tell that the younger guys don't take Seba's criticisms personally (they would be crazy to really), and that he's just pushing these guys to not settle for less that their best......