Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Have you been on ticket master to look at how their sales are going?
    Its like 1/4 full. If Toronto or Hamilton aren't in it, good luck.
    I know some CFL diehards are "boycotting" this years GC because its at BMO. Even Winnipeg last year wasn't completely full.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BelfastBoy View Post
    I know some CFL diehards are "boycotting" this years GC because its at BMO. Even Winnipeg last year wasn't completely full.
    I hope Argos follow suit and boycot BMO too lmao

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BelfastBoy View Post
    I dont get that, why would they boycott BMO? I thought theyd prefer it to Rogers Centre.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    That doesn't make any sense. The Grey Cup could sell out 60k easily no matter where it is in Canada. This year's one is actually going to be rather small at only around 40 - 45k.
    If you think that is small, the 2017 Grey Cup in Ottawa is only going to have 35k seats available....only adding 10k additional seats.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mistercorporate View Post
    I dont get that, why would they boycott BMO? I thought theyd prefer it to Rogers Centre.
    If they are not Argo fans they could be boycotting because the league has given so many future Grey Cups to Toronto as part of the team sale.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    If they are not Argo fans they could be boycotting because the league has given so many future Grey Cups to Toronto as part of the team sale.
    I was told by a league contact last Friday Grey Cup sales stood at the 12K mark. Now I think by the week of the game it will be pretty close to a sellout, they will figure it out. Now I don't think you will see what would amount to a pure ticket dump but if need be they will get creative.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Why the fuck do we call people tourist, it's the biggest bullshit of a label. People do realize not everyone lives and dies with this club, liking to go to 3-4 games a year for a good night out. The team would no survive without the casual ticket buyer. Plus I am curious why would security be a mess, I just do not sea the rationale behind it? Maybe I am missing something.
    Yeah, I'm going to have to take offense to that. I started following this team in 2007. My first TFC game was April 14th 2007 in Foxborough (before we had even had a home game). That season (though I didn't have season tickets) I went to every game, 75% of them in the supporters section. The next season I had season tickets in the north end with NEE. After that I had seasons up in 223.

At this point (10 years on from that first season) I moved from downtown Toronto into the suburbs, got married, and had a daughter. So yeah, I can no longer go to every home game anymore, but I still make it to at least a few games a season (which involves finding a babysitter for a baby/toddler, not always an easy task). I still watch every game on TV (even when I was at a wedding, had it streaming to my phone, much to the delight of my male table mates during the speeches. Less so to my wife). And yeah, I am REALLY hoping to get tickets to the first ever playoff game at BMO. Maybe I'll be in those extra seats, but I am by no means a tourist.

People have to understand that TFC has now been around for long enough that you have people that USED to be the hardcore supporters getting older, having families, etc. Just because I no longer have the ability to go to every game doesn't mean I'm not a supporter just like you. Oh, and my daughter already has a jersey, and watches games with me, so maybe in 18 years she'll be 112/113 too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly. I used to attend only one game a year, then two per year with an extra ticket for a friend or significant other but didn't watch on TV since it was lower quality play back then, now i go several times a year and hang out at the Joe's from time to time and never miss a game on MLS Live. Regardless, i always was supportive of the franchise either through word of mouth, online or via purchasing merchandise for family members and myself, since day one. I was a tourist but behind the scenes i was an evangelist for the franchise, we have to be thankful for every new member of the community, from strength to strength...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Yeah, I'm going to have to take offense to that. I started following this team in 2007. My first TFC game was April 14th 2007 in Foxborough (before we had even had a home game). That season (though I didn't have season tickets) I went to every game, 75% of them in the supporters section. The next season I had season tickets in the north end with NEE. After that I had seasons up in 223.

At this point (10 years on from that first season) I moved from downtown Toronto into the suburbs, got married, and had a daughter. So yeah, I can no longer go to every home game anymore, but I still make it to at least a few games a season (which involves finding a babysitter for a baby/toddler, not always an easy task). I still watch every game on TV (even when I was at a wedding, had it streaming to my phone, much to the delight of my male table mates during the speeches. Less so to my wife). And yeah, I am REALLY hoping to get tickets to the first ever playoff game at BMO. Maybe I'll be in those extra seats, but I am by no means a tourist.

People have to understand that TFC has now been around for long enough that you have people that USED to be the hardcore supporters getting older, having families, etc. Just because I no longer have the ability to go to every game doesn't mean I'm not a supporter just like you. Oh, and my daughter already has a jersey, and watches games with me, so maybe in 18 years she'll be 112/113 too.

awesome...thks for sharing....many valid points....

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Why the fuck do we call people tourist, it's the biggest bullshit of a label. People do realize not everyone lives and dies with this club, liking to go to 3-4 games a year for a good night out. The team would no survive without the casual ticket buyer. Plus I am curious why would security be a mess, I just do not sea the rationale behind it? Maybe I am missing something.
    Yes. You're ignoring the newbs that stroll in without taking in the mood, atmo, and want their environment to change for them. The reference of tourist for new fan or once in a while attendee shouldn't be taken for a slight anyway. They are doing what they are doing for a reason. Honestly, CB, you've been in this from the start and have heard the "part time supporter" chant enough to know to laugh it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post

Yep. Life gets in the way. That doesn't mean it's a bad thing. Every sport is watched more than its attended (hopefully) so it means more people interested and fitting the game in at home or elsewhere. We should appreciate them all.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know Pete ( : There are 3,500 or seats in the southend, so we are bound to have people every game so up who are there just to see the game who got cheap tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Yes. You're ignoring the newbs that stroll in without taking in the mood, atmo, and want their environment to change for them. The reference of tourist for new fan or once in a while attendee shouldn't be taken for a slight anyway. They are doing what they are doing for a reason. Honestly, CB, you've been in this from the start and have heard the "part time supporter" chant enough to know to laugh it off.

Yep. Life gets in the way. That doesn't mean it's a bad thing. Every sport is watched more than its attended (hopefully) so it means more people interested and fitting the game in at home or elsewhere. We should appreciate them all.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck82 View Post
    If you think that is small, the 2017 Grey Cup in Ottawa is only going to have 35k seats available....only adding 10k additional seats.
    That's really small.