Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default More temporary seats in advance, for Playoffs

I think this deserves its own thread and hopefully gets the attention of TFC management.

Since we're getting temporary stands for the Winter Classic and Grey Cup this year anyway, why not put the temporary stands up a little earlier so our playoff games can have room for 8,000 more people. The regular season games we have left are all approaching sellouts, the playoff home game(s) should be well attended as long as we keep prices the same. Instead of playing at the Skydome why not have OUR HOUSE, BMO Field be an even more intimidating fortress for these crucial game(s)!! What do you guys think?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mistercorporate View Post
    I think this deserves its own thread and hopefully gets the attention of TFC management.

Since we're getting temporary stands for the Winter Classic and Grey Cup this year anyway, why not put the temporary stands up a little earlier so our playoff games can have room for 8,000 more people. The regular season games we have left are all approaching sellouts, the playoff home game(s) should be well attended as long as we keep prices the same. Instead of playing at the Skydome why not have OUR HOUSE, BMO Field be an even more intimidating fortress for these crucial game(s)!! What do you guys think?
    With the Grey Cup on November 27 the temporary stands will already be in place for BMO from my understanding.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They will likely be up for beginning of playoffs and stay up til winter classic.

I don't know how involved the process is but I'm sure they will have to go through a few inspections and the FO also need to figure out how they will label the ones behind the south as they will have supporters right below them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fantastic! Thanks for the info, will there be temp seats in the North End and if so how many? Hopefully they put up some nice TIFO's too and allow us to use flares and smoke!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just as a note: "they" don't put up TIFO'S we do.

Also my info is speculative from the time lines and a couple conversations, I haven't been told that it will 100% be up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post

Also my info is speculative from the time lines and a couple conversations, I haven't been told that it will 100% be up.
    haha yeah, my grammar's not the best when tapping on my tablet, it was my lazy way of saying hopefully the rigging is up so we can have some EPIC tifo's!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mistercorporate View Post
    haha yeah, my grammar's not the best when tapping on my tablet, it was my lazy way of saying hopefully the rigging is up so we can have some EPIC tifo's!
    No worries,

The rigging is up and I'd imagine you see a TIFO some time soon

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd love to be in attendance for a deep playoff run.
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They will likely be up for beginning of playoffs and stay up til winter classic.

I don't know how involved the process is but I'm sure they will have to go through a few inspections and the FO also need to figure out how they will label the ones behind the south as they will have supporters right below them.
    If the FO were to label the temp stands in the south as supporters section could see new supporter groups appear. Thinking about that I guess it would be unlikely. Given the fact that section 117 and 118 isn't occupied by any and that they are only temp stands.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What they are actually allowing us up on the southend roof to rig in a TIFO, I don't think so, just joking ( :, I am curious to see how the first one goes.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No way those extra seats are standing supporters areas. I suspect when they do go on sale for playoffs, they will go cheap and be a sea of tourists and kids. Security up there is going to be a mess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone willing to guess what colour the seats will be?..

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    No way those extra seats are standing supporters areas. I suspect when they do go on sale for playoffs, they will go cheap and be a sea of tourists and kids. Security up there is going to be a mess.
    Why the fuck do we call people tourist, it's the biggest bullshit of a label. People do realize not everyone lives and dies with this club, liking to go to 3-4 games a year for a good night out. The team would no survive without the casual ticket buyer. Plus I am curious why would security be a mess, I just do not sea the rationale behind it? Maybe I am missing something.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry but I've had way too many people around me ask where a DP player is when said DP player has been out for 2-6 weeks or is overseas on int duty. If a person can't be bothered to figure out if Bradley or Altidore or Giovinco is around, then really they are just visiting. All power to them for coming out...but its a different sort of person in the crowd then a SSH or a half pack or somebody who has been to games a lot over the eyars. I hope they come back in 2017 but I'm not expecting them to know too much about the team apart from Giovinco and Bradley. The best description is tourist although thinking it through a bit, they might be a bit more educated about the team, like most of the people at the Dome game against LAG.

It ain't going to be filled with people who left being a SSH that's for sure.

More like the crowds who go to Jays games on Saturdays but only once or twice a year.

As for security, 95% of the people in those seats will never have been to a BMO game before, except maybe the Dome game. There's going to be issues.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 08-21-2016 at 07:52 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the seats are in place the club will have to have some sort of disclaimer as those people may have their view obstructed by flags, smoke my blow up to that area etc.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What sort of temporary seats can they do? Hoist bleachers to the concourse?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    . . . like most of the people at the Dome game against LAG.
    It ain't going to be filled with people who left being a SSH that's for sure.
    More like the crowds who go to Jays games on Saturdays but only once or twice a year.
    As for security, 95% of the people in those seats will never have been to a BMO game before, except maybe the Dome game. There's going to be issues.
    ^
    We agree. Thanks for bringing back some of those memories.
    Still remember how upset DB appeared when the beer cans were thrown at him!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone have a picture or idea of what the seats will look like?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That looks really good. The roof almost looks like it's serving a purpose. I hear they aren't going to bother with the extra seating for the Grey Cup though.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    That looks really good. The roof almost looks like it's serving a purpose. I hear they aren't going to bother with the extra seating for the Grey Cup though.
    They are going to have the extra southend seating for the Grey Cup, my seats are in it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That doesn't make any sense. The Grey Cup could sell out 60k easily no matter where it is in Canada. This year's one is actually going to be rather small at only around 40 - 45k.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    That doesn't make any sense. The Grey Cup could sell out 60k easily no matter where it is in Canada. This year's one is actually going to be rather small at only around 40 - 45k.
    Have you been on ticket master to look at how their sales are going?
    Its like 1/4 full. If Toronto or Hamilton aren't in it, good luck.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They need the seats for the hockey game 6 weeks later.
    And anything else that might take place at that time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wagner View Post
    They need the seats for the hockey game 6 weeks later.
    And anything else that might take place at that time.
    That's true, but holy crap guys it was a joke. Settle down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hadn't even thought of this. Imagine 40,000 for our playoff games? I think we could see it out!

C'mon you reds!!! This is our year!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Priced right I think we could have sold 40K for this sat coming up.

Assuming they don't do something stupid with ticket prices selling 40k for the playoffs shouldn't be a problem.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Priced right I think we could have sold 40K for this sat coming up.

Assuming they don't do something stupid with ticket prices selling 40k for the playoffs shouldn't be a problem.
    They proved that with the champions league match vs. LA at the dome. Price it right as they did making the entire 500 level $12 and people will pack it. Gives it a can't miss big event feel as tickets are flying off the shelves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They should rename BMO Field to BMO Fortress or BMO Toronto Fortress, for the playoffs, in recognition of the more intimidating configuration. Maybe it will inspire a future name change.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Have you been on ticket master to look at how their sales are going?
    Its like 1/4 full. If Toronto or Hamilton aren't in it, good luck.
    It's still early. If it's not sold out by the time the teams are known, it will be afterwards.