Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great turnaround from the previous game! You could tell that was a real gut punch and the whole team responded. Nice to hear the players last night, not getting ahead of things, saying there's still things to improve and targets to reach. Much better play from specific players, like Bradley (who was pissing me off the previous game) and a number of others.

Interesting that Philly didn't try to bunker and try similar things that seem to work against TFC. As TFC becomes a serious contender, we may see those tactics more often -- and of course in the playoffs. Hopefully with players returning & improving, adding Cooper, and better tactics from TFC, that won't be such a concern in the future.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

great win for TFC!!

I was very critical of Altidore this year, but man has he been great since coming back.....practically took the Philly defender for a piggy back ride on his goal....excellent!!

And we're so lucky to watch Giovinco give us GOTY possibilities every single week.

On to Orlando!!

#KeepCalmAndVanneyOn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KurtLarSUN View Post
    Numbers starting to suggest what I've been saying for two seasons: Altidore is the best pure target man in this league.

*Altidore now has 17 goals and 3 assists in 29 MLS starts for Toronto FC.
    *Altidore is scoring a goal every 151 minutes, a good return for TFC's secondary scorer and a target man.
    *Altidore is collecting a point every 128 minutes.
    *Altidore is either scoring a goal, assisting on a goal, or drawing a penalty (Giovinco converts) every 117 minutes.

If he can stay healthy, he'll compete for a golden boot at some point.
    Just wonder if MLSE leadership are going to continue shelling out for all threes DPs, especially if TFC stumble in the playoffs.
    Altidore is an elite striker at this level when he is in top form. The only isse I've had with him (and Bradley for that matter) is the number of games they've missed collectively as a result of national team duty and injuries, and those two factors are not mutually exclusive.

It's difficult to justify allocating 2 DP slots and astronomical salaries to players that might give you 20 games a year on average.

That being said, I'm glad we have them right now heading into the stretch drive of the season, and hopefully, they can both stay healthy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Speculating or have you hear something?
    Educated speculation. At the end of the day, TFC needs to make money eventually. It's about figuring out how to do that. I think if an offer cam in for Altidore they'd consider it. However, I think that would be the wrong play. As I said, Altidore would compete for a Golden Boot if he could stay healthy and play 34 games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KurtLarSUN View Post
    Educated speculation. At the end of the day, TFC needs to make money eventually. It's about figuring out how to do that. I think if an offer cam in for Altidore they'd consider it. However, I think that would be the wrong play. As I said, Altidore would compete for a Golden Boot if he could stay healthy and play 34 games.
    Wasn't the pitch from TL that the new building allowed them to run break even while building up the brand? I seam to remember that being his mantra during the stadium tour he gave a few of us

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't TFC lose about $8 million last year? Don't think they're running break even at this point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default at the game

My wife and i attended the philly match saturday. The stadium has great sightlines but the atmosphere is no where near the level of bmo. A large contingent of tfc fans were scattered throughout the stadiium. Our section--reserved for opponents supporters--was populated by a travelling ottawa soccer team numbering about 100. It was a lot of fun and really nice to meet fellow supporters. The philly fans were very pleasant and made us laugh when they shouted over-rated each time bradley touched the ball. They also booed Jozzy who gave them the quiet finger to shoosh them after he scored what i think was one of the best goals of the year. I already hear a large group is headed to chicago. For those who havn't made an away trip--consider it. A hello to those in our section whom we met.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good report Dynamo, glad you had fun. Ottawa soccer team?! crazy
    Sons of Ben (Philly supporters) are decent guys.

All three goals up for GOTW? What a time to be alive

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default In philly

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFizik View Post
    Good report Dynamo, glad you had fun. Ottawa soccer team?! crazy
    Sons of Ben (Philly supporters) are decent guys.

All three goals up for GOTW? What a time to be alive
    We were actually afraid to wear our tfc gear because we thought fans would be hostile. It was opposite of that. The only negative is that the stadium is located in Chester which is an absolute blight and there is no place to go after the game. Also incredible is that none of the parking lots are paved yet it cost us 30 dollars to park. Outside of Chester, there are so many great places to visit including old Philly, the Hagey museum which were the industrial revolution pretty well started and Lancaster. As is typical with many tfc supporters, many arrived just after kickoff. Some things never change.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Awfully quiet in here especially after a landmark win.

These threads only get rocking when there is a lot of whining and bitching to be had.

Not much of that available from this game.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DYNAMO View Post
    My wife and i attended the philly match saturday. The stadium has great sightlines but the atmosphere is no where near the level of bmo. A large contingent of tfc fans were scattered throughout the stadiium. Our section--reserved for opponents supporters--was populated by a travelling ottawa soccer team numbering about 100. It was a lot of fun and really nice to meet fellow supporters. The philly fans were very pleasant and made us laugh when they shouted over-rated each time bradley touched the ball. They also booed Jozzy who gave them the quiet finger to shoosh them after he scored what i think was one of the best goals of the year. I already hear a large group is headed to chicago. For those who havn't made an away trip--consider it. A hello to those in our section whom we met.
    *highfive*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default at philly

Quote Originally Posted by Blkndkr View Post
    *highfive*
    Thanks Blkndkr; nice meeting you and your gal. Hope to see you again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watching this game warmed my heart. For once in the last 10 minutes I didn't think once of Tobias. What's this warm feeling I have when I think of the team? I'm not used to it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Philly coach goes over the game film, on the record. Really good insight on how they handled the TFC goals.

http://www.phillyvoice.com/talking-t...ilm-breakdown/
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 08-24-2016 at 08:49 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Philly coach goes over the game film, on the record. Really good insight on how they handled the TFC goals.

http://www.phillyvoice.com/talking-t...ilm-breakdown/
    Wow, throwing his player under the bus, one thing i like about Vanney that even Nelsen dodn't do was he doesn't criticize his individual players publicly, only the team as a whole.