Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Season Seat Holder Events??

Anyone been contacted about the annual bbq, or, any other event for that matter???? I sent an email in May, and, the response was

We have yet to confirm any dates or scheduled events, keep an eye out for an invite sometime this summer.

Running out of summer methinks.

RPB Member
    Vice-President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing on my end. Was wondering the same thing.
    Road Games:
    2013 - Montréal , 2014 - Orlando (Disney Classic), Montréal
    2015 - Columbus, New England, Montréal
    2016 - NYCFC (Leg 2 Conference Semis), Montréal (Leg 1 Conference Final)
    2017 - Ottawa (Leg 1 Canadian Championship Semi), DCU, Red Bulls (Leg 1 Conference Final), Columbus (Leg 2 Conference Final)
    2019 - Montréal, NYCFC (Eastern Conference Semi @ Citi Field), Seattle (MLS Cup Final)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suppose the pre game food mingle they had a few weeks ago would be one. I know you had to respond to email and then win the lottery to get in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sidvan View Post
    I suppose the pre game food mingle they had a few weeks ago would be one. I know you had to respond to email and then win the lottery to get in.
    Shouldn't count though, as, the "ssh experience" is supposed to be a "guaranteed" thing. Only reason I'm harping on this is because MLSE has the most piss poor offerings/perks for TFC ssh. I prefer our supporter's group events anyways, but, if they are going to use these "events" to entice people to buy...then damn well offer them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol you meant hat Seattle game RSVP event. It was so funny. It was awesome to get an invite and then a rejection lol

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Not sure if they do them or not anymore but the early days TFC "pub crawls" were very much appreciated. Players coming by your table to talk to your kids. Lots of great stories shared and memories created.

All it cost was a dinner and time investment at Jack Astors.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think they are doing any of those season seat holder events this year. We would have heard about it by now. I guess they save those for when the team is doing worse and the renewal rate is threatened.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    I don't think they are doing any of those season seat holder events this year. We would have heard about it by now. I guess they save those for when the team is doing worse and the renewal rate is threatened.
    In that case we should all charge them with false advertising. The sign ups clearly stated the ssh events that were offered. Each ssh was to choose one event. From what I'm hearing, so far, these events have not been offered.
    Off hand I remember the bbq, a pre game "party", something involving Vanney, and, a few others. Perhaps someone else remembers better than myself?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FRANKIE65 View Post
    In that case we should all charge them with false advertising. The sign ups clearly stated the ssh events that were offered. Each ssh was to choose one event. From what I'm hearing, so far, these events have not been offered.
    Off hand I remember the bbq, a pre game "party", something involving Vanney, and, a few others. Perhaps someone else remembers better than myself?
    I don't recall getting asked to sign up for something this year for some reason. I recall they had the sign up thing going last year for events. Guess I need to get some testing done of my memory. If we were supposed to get something this year then definitely we have a good case to do some bitching with them. Since I don't remember them saying they were doing that this year I guess I was not thinking much of it until now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really remember anything when renewing either, if they did i would guess they are waiting til September for those events. Packed summer of games and I would guess many members of the non technical staff are going on vacation this next week and a half.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The 2016 Season Ticket Holder Handbook: http://www.torontofc.ca/handbook

Says that you get "Access to a season seat holder appreciation event". It doesn't say what or when. Could be anything.

The one that caught my eye was "Priority access to purchase TFC playoff tickets & other BMO Field events"? Like what? I'm guessing they mean champions league games but I'm curious.
    Toronto 'til I die - but I think they're trying to kill me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eustacchio View Post
    The 2016 Season Ticket Holder Handbook: http://www.torontofc.ca/handbook

Says that you get "Access to a season seat holder appreciation event". It doesn't say what or when. Could be anything.

The one that caught my eye was "Priority access to purchase TFC playoff tickets & other BMO Field events"? Like what? I'm guessing they mean champions league games but I'm curious.
    Most likely CMNT and CWNT games. There were a bunch of emails about the ladies v Brazil etc.

As for events, a month or so ago i received a call from a ticket rep I've never spoken to before (I don't speak to any of them really) on a Tuesday offering me to come down to real sports to watch one of the Wednesday night games. It was a really weird informal call. He said something along the lines of "me and (some other ticket rep) are getting a few people together to enjoy some food and watch the game at real sports tomorrow night. We'd like you to join if you're interested". I declined so I don't know how big or small this "event" was. I wonder if this is their approach this year? I don't really go to any of these events anyway but they didn't really give me much time or details to make a decision.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eustacchio View Post

^
    Other BMO events:
    - perhaps CFL Grey Cup?
    - perhaps the Winter Classic?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JayMolly View Post
    ^
    Other BMO events:
    - perhaps CFL Grey Cup?
    - perhaps the Winter Classic?
    I think GC ticket are already on sale no? We are not getting priority for Winter Classic. 15,000 leafs SSH + sponsors wouldn't allow for TFC SSH to even be offered 1 ticket per

The other events are CMNT, CWNT, Friendlies if they happen and maybe rugby

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea, pretty sure i was offered a presale code for the Canada Italy rugby game.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

However I got a presale code for rugby and codes if you buy 3 tix, get 1 free for CWNT just for having a TicketMaster account also...so probably not it.
    Play-by-Play Commentator for League 1 Ontario.
    Twitter (@MartinOmes)
    Road Trips: LA Galaxy, FC Cincinnati, Montreal (x2), Columbus (x3), NYCFC, NY Red Bulls, DC United, Atlanta, and Seattle!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I asked my rep about these earlier this year. She said that the lotteries ARE the SSH events, and that you will be invited (or, I suppose, "win") (at least) one event over the course of the season. The Euros/Sounders thing was one, and I imagine there will be others. Unfortunately, she didn't give any dates or idea what the events would be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    I asked my rep about these earlier this year. She said that the lotteries ARE the SSH events, and that you will be invited (or, I suppose, "win") (at least) one event over the course of the season. The Euros/Sounders thing was one, and I imagine there will be others. Unfortunately, she didn't give any dates or idea what the events would be.
    After the response I got today from a rep...I believe this is the actual case. Still find it strange since in previous years you could pick the event. Anyways, that pretty much brings the discussion to an end. Let's get back to enjoying the fact that we are one point...ONE POINT...out of first with a game in hand

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bet there will be away game viewing parties for the playoffs and MLS Cup. Hopefully TFC are in all of them. Surprised at no BBQ. It went from inviting all season ticket holders to inviting some season ticket holders to having no BBQ at all. I never thought that would ever go away. Seems like an easy enough event to put on that can cater to alot of people.

I "won" the Euro party before the Sounders game so I guess no point me entering any remaining draws.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bet there will be away game viewing parties for the playoffs and MLS Cup. Hopefully TFC are in all of them. Surprised at no BBQ. It went from inviting all season ticket holders to inviting some season ticket holders to having no BBQ at all. I never thought that would ever go away. Seems like an easy enough event to put on that can cater to alot of people.

I "won" the Euro party before the Sounders game so I guess no point me entering any remaining draws.
    No matter how well the Reds are doing this year, I can't imagine the FO initially thinking: "Let's make all the SSH events playoff viewing parties!" and jinxing the whole thing. I'm sure they will have these as well, but having no BBQ or anything else seems like a pretty big cut from last year where there were multiple events.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't worry about events like this but I do appreciate that some like them. I really get the sense that the current FO epsecially since it was moved within the overall MLSE structure have changed their view on how they do things. Back when Paul was running things it was pretty much an open door policy on a lot of things, just a very accessible team.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could see a grey cup offer, that event will be a tough sell this year. Overpriced tix, way too much competition for the sports fan (winter classic, world cup of hockey, world juniors, blue jays playoffs).
    Speaking of grey cup, those temp seats will probably go in in october, so we could have some huge crowds for the playoffs if they open them up for tfc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glaze View Post
    I could see a grey cup offer, that event will be a tough sell this year. Overpriced tix, way too much competition for the sports fan (winter classic, world cup of hockey, world juniors, blue jays playoffs).
    Speaking of grey cup, those temp seats will probably go in in october, so we could have some huge crowds for the playoffs if they open them up for tfc.
    I hope they convert those temp seats into permanent seat

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glaze View Post
    Grey Cup will have no issue selling out. The Grey Cup is a big ticket, it will be quite the week.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Vice-President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just checked, Grey Cup looks about 60% sold. Lots of seats taken. General public on-sale is on Monday, so no code for us.

When they announced that the Argos were coming, I assumed one of our "perks" would be discounted tickets to Argos games - akin to the flex packs that we used to get with Marlies tix in them. I think they decided to save themselves the backlash of offering Argos tickets due to the general feeling towards them coming to BMO. This is likely also why we aren't going to be offered a presale for Grey Cup. I could see a discount code, but that is only if the rest of the stadium doesn't sell out.

I have already been offered CANWNT presale stuff, and that happens every year. I get it from Canada Soccer as well as MLSE.
    Road Games:
    2013 - Montréal , 2014 - Orlando (Disney Classic), Montréal
    2015 - Columbus, New England, Montréal
    2016 - NYCFC (Leg 2 Conference Semis), Montréal (Leg 1 Conference Final)
    2017 - Ottawa (Leg 1 Canadian Championship Semi), DCU, Red Bulls (Leg 1 Conference Final), Columbus (Leg 2 Conference Final)
    2019 - Montréal, NYCFC (Eastern Conference Semi @ Citi Field), Seattle (MLS Cup Final)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I been to a few events this year. I think there was a party for the first game of the season. There was also a big event during the world cup. My friends at work don't get invited to these events, we think its because they have been season ticket holders for a long time and I just got mine last year. I definitely get more perks than they do but I pay much more for my tickets.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No matter how well the Reds are doing this year, I can't imagine the FO initially thinking: "Let's make all the SSH events playoff viewing parties!" and jinxing the whole thing. I'm sure they will have these as well, but having no BBQ or anything else seems like a pretty big cut from last year where there were multiple events.
    Yeah I am not saying that is what they were thinking at all. Away game viewing parties seems to be something they would do especially come playoff time.

I agree it has been a big cut each year. Open Practice, TFC Coaches clinic, BBQ, etc were all events that everyone was invited to if you were a SSH for a bunch of years. Then last season, if I recall, they said they were individual events and we could only pick one. Now this season they didn't even give us a list to pick from. Too bad they had to cut back like that. Reminds me or my work where they did that with the annual Christmas party. First it was spousal events at hotel receptions then they changed it to employee only dinner then it was employee only lunch and now it is pot luck at work organized by coworkers instead of management.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I am not saying that is what they were thinking at all. Away game viewing parties seems to be something they would do especially come playoff time.

I agree it has been a big cut each year. Open Practice, TFC Coaches clinic, BBQ, etc were all events that everyone was invited to if you were a SSH for a bunch of years. Then last season, if I recall, they said they were individual events and we could only pick one. Now this season they didn't even give us a list to pick from. Too bad they had to cut back like that. Reminds me or my work where they did that with the annual Christmas party. First it was spousal events at hotel receptions then they changed it to employee only dinner then it was employee only lunch and now it is pot luck at work organized by coworkers instead of management.
    I bet the CEO got a .5M raise that year, ours did

to be fair, he was scraping by on 16M/year and almost had to eat "cold Camembert with broken crackers" as a snack on a flight one time

Last edited by C.Ronaldo; 08-10-2016 at 02:20 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just got an email yesterday about the SSH BBQ event Sept 11 that I had to RSVP to and/or enter the "lottery". At least they are putting one this year, I was getting worried.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate how they always host it on NFL opening Weekend.